- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Visiting CLT
- The Clear Channel bankruptcy plan
- Website Status
- February Thread
- IHeart (Clear Channel) skips $106 million interest payment
- Someone needed to say this
- January 2018 randomness
- Global Warming, NC style
- A visit with Tony Robbins
- Merry Christmas
- Christmas Shopping – no returns
- Elon Musk sending Tesla car into orbit around Mars
- Random Pictures
- Ken Hamblin has surfaced
- Charlotte has a new planning director!
- KQV-AM to shut down
- Amtrak’s new “high speed” train derails on first day
- Charlotte, the global city
- Ginger Bread season at Ballantyne
- Cumulus changes at Chicago’s WLS
- The List
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- The Cashless Society
- CMLS is toast
- Koch Brothers expected to fund takeover of Time Magazine
- Stuy Town and Charlotte
- Remington guns for Black Friday
- Mobile Homes are now too expensive to afford
- CC1s121LrBGT said Pls don’t forget Chet. 🙂 (Not to be confused with Che. 🙂 )
- countess robini said Yes i did! One of the reasons i was MIA here in b!og land was that i had cataract surgery right before thanksgiving and the same operation on the other eye shortly thereafter. Now fred and i can have...
- CC1s121LrBGT said RAILROAD streams: This may be of interest to some of the railroad buffs here. I was updating some broken links for an streaming application and found it had links from the site below. The site offers...
- Fred Stiening said After the gift shopping was done, we went to the runway overlook that has been there at least since the 70s. It is free and very popular. It takes little time to realize how important the airport i...
- countess robini said Sorry. i forgot a step. Here is pix.
- countess robini said They salvaged many items from the plane and have put them on display in the museum. Here is captain sully’s briefcase.
- countess robini said They are cookies. Shaped like planes. Fred insisted his was a dolphin. Then a shark. Then something unmentionable here in a family-friendly blog. Like a good countess i just ate my cookie neatly (no...
- countess robini said After touring the museum fred went outside to a patio area to watch planes take off and land. He gave me fifteen minutes to shop in the conveniently located gift shop. I bought postcards, a fridge mag...
- countess robini said Sully Plane picture
- countess robini said We went to the aviation museum in charlotte this day. Saw the plane that became the miracle on the hudson. Seriously beat up. Here is a pix. Also for those of us here who are baby boomers : a pix of t...
- Fred Stiening said It’s not you. As others have pointed out, the United States routinely meddles in other country’s elections, up to and including killing the leaders of other countries. Larry King and Ed...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Another “Is it just me?” from CC: Is it just me, or does the recent Mueller finding seem too much like Hillary blaming Benghazi on an American peacefully exercising his constitutional righ...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It’s common sense to me. With all the recent talk of tearing down monuments of the civil war veterans, why would we want to create memorial buildings that honor what’s-his-name here and wh...
- Fred Stiening said Israel learned the way to deal with people wearing suicide vests into a restaurant was to immediately clean up the scene and provide no visual evidence that anything happened. Tearing the building do...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Word this morning is that the taxpayers will have to pay for the tearing down of a building at the Plankland Florida school. After the shooting in Connecticut several years ago, taxpayers had to pay...
- Fred Stiening said February in Charlotte
- CC1s121LrBGT said Favorite Streaming commercials and/or public service announcements? I love one on WTRW for a local inventment advisor that I think also has a program on the station. It makes me laugh each time I he...
- TheChairman said ittoday. (For me, at least.) Wichita, Kansas is a 2 day drive from Tucson… besides, I’d have to terminate anyone able to identify me afterwards. 😉
- Parrott said You all are Hilarious ! Yeah, blah-phooey on U N carp. parrott
- Fred Stiening said Possibly related – Triton Digital (not the company that approached me) is merging with the .uk based audioBoom to form a publicly traded company that will be listed on the AIM submarket of the L...
- countess robini said I was happy my brother-in-law was able to go to one of the playoff games. I remember the ecstatic celebration when the phillies won the world series. This must have been even more intense. Given the r...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about Ixnay on the Doomsday? lol
- Fred Stiening said Ixnay on this deaiay
- CC1s121LrBGT said I thought the location had been changed to the K&W… or was that for the last supper? 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doesn’t have to be in NC. For example, NC would not make much sense if Fred isn’t interested. We would first find out who is interested and where they are and try to find a central locati...
- briand75 said That should be by the mid-term elections according to the Dems 🙂
- briand75 said A fair drive from Ohio to NC. Let me ponder a bit…
- briand75 said I would like such a meeting. If this is in person, there would be logistics with location and such, but I am sure something would work out 🙂
- Fred Stiening said Don’t forget we have a secret SRG meetup location when civilization ends. It is next to that gun store.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here here! Briand75, are you planning to sign up for the first annual SRG cruise ? lol Kidding aside, it would be kind of cool to gather somewhere on a Saturday to talk radio and have a meal and/or a...
- briand75 said The future is bright no matter the choice. What I hold most dear is the band of friends here on the blog. God bless Fred, Countess, the Chairman, CC, Parrott, and all others who rest a weary eye here.
- briand75 said Yes I think it was. I have heard of this PETA many times. I chuckle a bit as the other “PETA” wants a world of vegetarians and/or vegans.
- Fred Stiening said Ben Shapiro is the name people are floating. He was part of the Ted Cruz movement, which is why Beck trusts him. Here are his backers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_and_Farris_Wilks
- CC1s121LrBGT said If it’s not the people, then its the chupacabras per Linda Moulton Howe. ; )
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ve heard that about The Blaze. Any predictions. iHeart and Cumulus don’t have any money. Fox has a lot after the sale of their movie business to Disney and has not much going on in radi...
- Fred Stiening said I’m fairly sure that was the point.
- Fred Stiening said Glenn Beck’s producer Stu is a conservative vegetarian. Related, it is widely known at this point that Th Blaze is going to change hands soon.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Well, said, Countess. All of our hearts, as is Fred’s cousin in Boston.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not a fan of UNESCO either, but glad to see one not created by Hallmark to sell special greeting cards.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. That is a small minority, TheJerseyDevil. The only smaller minority that I can think of might be vegetarian hunters who who celebrate Radio Day in the Pine Barrens. 😉
- TheJerseyDevil said I am a member of a very small minority group (conservative vegetarians). I go to Gatlinburg, Tennessee each year at Thanksgiving and I keep forgetting to go to the jerky outlet to check out their wate...
- TheJerseyDevil said I just started up the CFMJ stream to see what was going on and a caller wished the host Happy Radio Day. I did a little research and found out that Feb. 13 was established as Radio Day by UNESCO. I...
- TheChairman said Thank you Countess, she’s doing fine. She’s been very fit all her life: yoga, walks 2x daily, and her health/vital stats are ideal… yet it happened suddenly, without any typical F.A...
- countess robini said dear chairman: god heard. you and mrs. chairman are in our hearts. please tell her.
- countess robini said dear chairman: just read about your wife. stopping now to pray.
- countess robini said dear everybody: i’m here. more to come.
- Fred Stiening said My cousin in Boston had a TIA that somehow was detected by his Apple Watc. He went to the hospital is now on blood thinners for the rest of his natural life.
- Fred Stiening said Because of the way Social Security Disability works, there might be value in a small income stream spread over three years, if I decided to hop on the handout bandwagon. Currently, there is no motiv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said If there is anything we should have learned from Donald Trump, it is the value of “branding”.
- TheChairman said Not necessarily related, but certainly coincidental and appropriate, it occurred to me (in the wee hours this morning) that you and countess have an anniversary approaching… Without going into d...
Category Archives: Technology
http://radio.garden/ Combine Google Earth with Streaming Radio and magic happens One of the pesky questions is whether in a streaming world people care where a station is located. Weather Garden uses your location as a starting point – it didn’t … Continue reading
Amazon Music Unlimited is an “on demand” music service. This is different than Sirius XM which has music channels and pandora which guesses what songs you want to hear. Spotify is the closest competitor where you can ask for specific … Continue reading
Better late than never… Their v5 player now launches on mobile devices without needing to download one app per station. It just plays. The player is used by close to 1000 radio stations. It breaks the business model of selling … Continue reading
“Nobody goes there anymore; it’s too crowded” Yogi Berra Bloomberg is declaring the demise of Apple because they are selling too many iPhones. Apple Stores are dying A number of money managers bailed on Apple reassuring each other that Apple … Continue reading
AP Story This is an excellent choice. The OH turnpike is flat, has few interchanges and relatively light traffic. It skirts the major cities of Youngstown, Cleveland and Toledo. It is intended to be a through route for trucks, not … Continue reading
When NASA sent Apollo to the moon, it wasn’t critical to the mission to have live TV pictures from the moon – but NASA understood that public support for the mission required it. This morning, SpaceX launched JCSAT16 into geosynchronous … Continue reading
After spending 20 minutes to get a web page to load, I’ve given up.
The former Mayor of Charlotte Anthony Foxx (no relation to Vicente Fox or Redd Foxx) is currently the Secretary of the Department of Transportation. Under his careful stewardship, a year ago the Gold Line Streetcar was brought to life. The … Continue reading
The latest big thing Move over Facebook and Apple Health App Turn on GPS and your camera and go outside Hmmm, how could radio benefit from this?