- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Joe Rago is dead
- It is Made in America day
- Amazon Fire
- Picking your grapes
- Chris Christie’s Radio debut
- Global Competition
- The Obama military
- July sunshine
- Charlotte bathroom update
- Trump has a new bulldog
- Used coffee cups
- Liberal web site creating fake “Conservative” news
- New York Observer
- 2017 Darwin award nominee
- Tree or not?
- Cumulus launches rights plan
- June bugging
- Merkel on Trump / Brexit
- The demise of NASCAR
- What is the purpose of Voice of America?
- Our stalker Ex President
- Getting ready for war
- Countess gets the goat
- The end of AM radio
- “Being a felon means I’m disabled”
- Social “Security”
- Get your nose on
- Fresh Goat Brains
- Get prepared for ATSC 3.0
- The Urge to Merge
- Becoming a real man
- The man who murdered two doctors in Boston
- My Dinner with Kielbasa
- Fred Stiening said Bill Kristol chimes in http://michellemalkin.com/2017/07/19/manufacturing-hate-for-made-in-america/
- Fred Stiening said Welcome home 😉 The Cheerwine folks went to the White House as part of President Trump’s Make America Great again presentation. While the video was a bit goofy, President Trump’s presentati...
- Fred Stiening said I remember seeing that once upon a time – the list of stations seems very incomplete
- haiti222 said In France, they bend the work rules to let people harvest grapes. The pay rules are complicated, and they often hold back most of the pay until the season is over to keep people from leaving. I guess...
- haiti222 said My friend sent me this site, which is a neat way to find radio stations geographically. http://radio.garden/live
- haiti222 said I was fortunate enough to be in Europe for three weeks, so I am catching up with what’s been going on here. Right before that, my daughter made her first trip to North Carolina, and Cheerwine an...
- briand75 said I realized how long it’s been since we were proud of “made in America” – over 30 years. That shows me how sadly misguided society is today and how very long the road is to reco
- Fred Stiening said The website now recognizes the Kindle Fire as a tablet, which makes it work better
- Fred Stiening said John Gibson has moved to the GCN conspiracy network at the noon-3PM ET time zone. Tom Sullivan has picked up a new syndicator http://talkmedianetwork.com Talk media Network has a tiny footprint in rad...
- Fred Stiening said The clapper has gone on hiatus. It had a habit of turning the light on in the middle of the night.
- Fred Stiening said In 2015, over 25,000 people in India died from railway accidents, over 18,000 from falling from trains http://ncrb.gov.in/StatPublications/ADSI/ADSI2015/table-1A.12.pdf
- Fred Stiening said Caesar Chavez worked hard to keep undocumented immigrant workers out of the fields, but his union perhaps has softened on the issue. I found it interesting how the grape vines are manicured to make t...
- Fred Stiening said Progressive talk KPHX-AM in Phoenix AZ has ceased broadcasting. It was unable to adjust to the shutdown of a satellite on June 30th and repoint their antenna dish.
- briand75 said Unionized pickers? Grapes are one of the more difficult crops to pick for sure. I compliment those folks for their knowledge of the right process. It’s Kalifornia though, which we ceded back to...
- briand75 said What an amazing thing – once a golden child of the Republican Party and now a laughing stock with a tin ear.
- Fred Stiening said India – India Railways people at road crossings for this purpose. They also throw distant mainline switches by hand, something we generally stopped doing in the 1920s
- Fred Stiening said WDTW-AM in Detroit has switched to a Regional Mexican format with a new web site http://www.laz1310.com/
- briand75 said Fascinating 🙂 Where is this train – Thailand?
- briand75 said Having spent years in the service, as much as it seems Obama is at fault – and he is for many reasons – this type of nonsense went on back in the 70’s when I was serving. I can tell...
- Fred Stiening said The doctor who went on the killing spree n the Bronx hospital was from Nigeria
- TheChairman said Or women will lift the toilet seat for us…
- Fred Stiening said Perhaps men will be enlightened some day and sit down while urinating.
- briand75 said I step back occasionally to muse over the human race – what a strange lot we are! Our ancestors stooped behind the nearest tree or rock outcropping and now we have concern over gender specific s...
- Fred Stiening said Yes, Deer, right away Spotted around sunset ambling nonchalantly through the parking lot of the Art Stone castle
- TheJerseyDevil said Or as Chayet says, “Lookinnnnnnng at the lawwwwww.”
- TheJerseyDevil said Sekulow is one of the best at explaining legal issues in a clear and understandable way. He is focused and not easily distracted. Trump would be well advised to embrace his counsel.
- Fred Stiening said It sounds like both ships had issues. There have been movies built around the dilemma of whether you close off water tight doors to keep the ship from sinking at the cost of trapping people inside....
- TheChairman said The more information I glean from this incident and the ensuing deaths, the more questions I have about the crew and command of the naval vessel. Their communications systems were “out” f...
- Fred Stiening said The cargo ship that hit the USS Fitzgerald was on autopilot and did not show signs of a human reacting for 15 minutes http://freebeacon.com/national-security/freighter-autopilot-hit-us-destroyer/
- Fred Stiening said Neil “looking at the law” Chayet has aggressive cancer and is retiring
- Fred Stiening said It looks like Hewitt will be going to MSNBC http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/msnbc-gives-conservative-radio-host-hugh-hewitt-a-show-1015923 Saturday Morning at 8 AM ET is a really sweet spot for...
- Fred Stiening said This fits into the “tree falls in a forest” thing. Fox News Radio did well with the top of hour news after Cumulus pulled the plug on its involvement with ABC news, but the talk programs...
- TheJerseyDevil said AllAccess.com reports changes at Fox News Talk. John Gibson departs the network as of July 4 and Todd Starnes replaces him from noon to 3 Eastern. Tom Shillue replaces the “retiring” Tom S...
- TheChairman said Personally, I don’t consider rinsing out bottles, cans, etc to be OCD… it simply makes good sense, unless you want to attract unwelcome guests. The wife and I both rinse off before throw...
- Fred Stiening said North Carolina is less aggressive than Connecticut where I used to live, possibly because we still have land for landfills instead of shipping our waste to Michigan by train. There is no bottle depo...
- briand75 said You folks may have single stream recycling there in Charlotte. We have it in Ohio. If you think about the sorting capability of the various machines, you realize it isn’t near 100 percent that i...
- briand75 said Amazing – the ultimate scam artists – probably in the universe – are humans. Devious and often malicious, it amazes me how far folks will go to harm people or, in this case, make com...
- Fred Stiening said One observation was the IT shrugging his shoulders when she asked him why Kushner was running Windows on a Mac – I interpreted more as the IT guy not wanting to wasting his time to explain it to...
- briand75 said The WaPo thing is a hit piece. I always wonder what the point is? The Alinsky approach of destroying your enemy’s credibility is all I can come up with. What kind of stupid planet do I live on t...
- briand75 said I ran analytics on Cumulus and the result was a sea of red indicating that the longevity of Cumulus is very much in question.
- Fred Stiening said Mosul: we had to destroy it to save it https://www.voanews.com/a/dispatch-from-disaster-zone-in-mosul/3896952.html
- briand75 said Makes sense – especially the Medicaid part. I missed the heavy drinker part of the story, but that makes sense.
- Fred Stiening said According to the story, the implication was his health was already compromised due to liver damage from drinking 6 12 oz beers a day. I have the sense Medicaid probably picked up the tab for the 18 d...
- Fred Stiening said The CMLS situation made it into the lay press in New York http://nypost.com/2017/06/11/cumulus-media-is-on-the-brink-of-a-total-collapse/
- briand75 said Okay – so thoughts on 5 days? My wife had a large tattoo on her back and I do remember treating it with clean dressings and antibiotic cream for a week which is 7 days. So 5 days doesn’t s...
- briand75 said I recall a McD visit where the manager was having a melt down and was berating the employees all the while throwing every order they prepared into the trash while screaming at the top of her lungs. Th...
- briand75 said We have one near my home at a highway intersection – disguised as a very tall flagpole.
- briand75 said Interesting as I didn’t actually look at the stock price. You are correct as there are some strict rules on share price and capitalization. Maybe that extra “hang time” is simply vap
- Parrott said Hi Countess: The spy museum is on my list to do. I didn’t get to visit any nice museums, on this trip, as it was strictly business. Eh, its a job I guess. Pays the bills. I did get to walk...
- Fred Stiening said Original orientation
Category Archives: Low Power FM
You find the most interesting people looking for radio station owners http://www.lafayettepublicpolicy.com/Candidate_Vincent_Alexander.html Mr Alexander is the principle behind the non-partisan St Martin Parish Voter’s League, which operates KVTZ-LPFM in Breaux Bridge Louisiana (or at least has the license). He is … Continue reading
With most of the visible radio stations checked for the first time in six months, additional things are being added to help track down the people and organizations behind radio applications, of which Low Power FM radio stations can be … Continue reading
Being “out” in Alaska didn’t work out One of the rules to prevent LPFM becoming viable competition against commercial radio is that licenses cannot be sold, only transferred. Any money that changes hands is limited to the value of the … Continue reading
Congress authorized the FCC about 15 Years ago to hand out Low Power FM non-commercial licenses with a maximum power of 100 watts. The FCC dragged their tail, stalling for 10 years to give others a chance to jump in … Continue reading
http://talk1045.com/ Behold K283CC – started this week in Des Moines, Iowa, operated by Saga Communications, which has been very aggressive in creating “metro” FM translators. Few people listen to the sub channels on digital HD radio (HD2/3/4), but by saying … Continue reading
Part of the reason for the flurry of HDRadio posts is the issue of FM translators (FX) being “fed” by HD 2/3/4 channels, to essentially carve out a brand new FM radio station that doesn’t even count against the BigRadio™ … Continue reading
Operators of Low Power FM stations are pushing back of the rules the NAB/FCC imposed to make it impossible for them to survive, after having been authorized by Congress close to 15 years ago. Since they operate at 100 watts … Continue reading
KXOK-LPFM in Modesto California appears to be affiliated with First Nation Ministry, which offers to certify that you are qualified to perform marriages of all types in most places.
Jennifer Smart Foundation She loves animals and the environment… And runs a radio station. Who could argue with that? She was 14 in 2011 so my Common Core math (20-14 + 2017-2015 + 2020-2010) says she is now 18