- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- CBS Radio merger into Entercom has closed
- Pilot / Flying J
- The EPCOT vision of Bill Gates
- Chinese Hamster Ovary cells
- College in 2017
- Murder solved
- iHeart embraces podcasting, uh-huh
- Triton digital rankings
- Before the @ sign
- City on a hill
- November, a time for new beginnings
- Donna Brazile: Hillary did rig the primary
- The coming war over smelly fruit
- Women are analog, men are digital
- Without Google
- President Trump to release JFK files
- When Free isn’t free
- FBI: Bill Clinton accepted bribes from Russia for Uranium
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- Buying Local
- Can you decipher this?
- 1st annual radio haiku contest
- Alphabet to the rescue
- The final days of CMLS
- SimState: the end of property rights
- The coming German food war
- Multiple choice slavery test
- End of local radio for many
- Deep Thinking
- Fred Stiening said Nothing like roaches with wings to make your heart go pitter patter
- Fred Stiening said M-m-Mel Tillis has d-d-died
- TheChairman said LOL… I lived in Florida for a few years and know what you mean. I’ve never seen that problem in Arizona, probably because it is an ‘arid zona’.
- CC1s121LrBGT said It works great from Radiosure.com A free app that I recommend as strongly as I had recommended VLC. Check it out. It is free, no need to buy their fancy skins AND it lets you record so you can create...
- Parrott said CC : yeah I know it would probably stream just fine on Opera, but I hate the turds it puts on your computer and you have to look around and erase them, and they report google analytics and fraudbook...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yes indeed. Tom Sullivan. He still has a show. Details are here: http://tomsullivan.com KYAH streams via Tunin. Most stations will stream via either iHeart or Tunein. Some are both.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’m no fan of iHeart but it is not that hard to stream. If you like WRVA, just bookmark this page and it will start streaming right away with no clicking: https://www.iheart.com/live/1140-wrva...
- CC1s121LrBGT said That’s funny. I had never noticed the ant farm. Since you got that one from WJJJ, I’d be willing to bet that they were at one time also given away by “FROGGY 101” lol. Back in...
- Parrott said Hey CC, Is that the guy that replaced the previous ‘ Tom’ on Fox at that time? I can’t remember his name but he was pretty good, Low key but very logical. I will give him a try, L...
- Parrott said Yeah, I use to listen to WRVA, but they went iheart radio and I moved on. maybe they will get rid of that and go with something easy to stream. parrott
- Parrott said Killer pic ‘CC’ , I had that ant Farm. I won it from WJJJ 1260 AM, back in 1976. They were giving them away because of a movie. I also won a Elvin Bishop album once. I bet it’...
- Fred Stiening said Ed Stolz failed in his attempt to block the deal http://www.insideradio.com/free/ed-stolz-vs-entercom-continues-in-bad-blood-fcc-petition/article_353b8d5a-24d6-11e7-ae1a-77cc068cea84.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per the article, K-Love is replacing the Froggy 101 simulcast on WGGI. People all over the world know “Froggy 101” from the popular sitcom, “The Office” due to character Dwigh...
- CC1s121LrBGT said ATTENTION CHRIS PLANTE FANS: You may also like the talk show of standup comedian Tom Shillue. I had seen him on Fox News and not been impressed, but I caught his radio show from 3-6 AM ET on Seattle...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What kind of grease is best for keeping the Palmetto Bugs from climbing up the trunks nesting in the fronds of the Arizona palms? 😉
- Fred Stiening said Perhaps the name will be B&Lmont
- TheChairman said Because of it’s location, Belmont would become the first big ‘straw’ drawing water from the Central Arizona Project (CAP) aqueduct. Perhaps it was a strategic choice in that regard,...
- Fred Stiening said How would water rights work with a brand new city?
- Fred Stiening said I may have one pocket radio in a box somewhere. I did have a dual casette DAK radio from the 1970s, but hadn’t used it in probably 20 years – it had D cell batteries left inside, so you can im...
- Parrott said Well I have been looking at radios on ‘e-pay’ again. I was doing an inventory and I couldn’t find a clock radio. Oh well. I remember a poll I think asked how many radio you have in...
- Parrott said Charles Kuralt wasn’t that old when he died . Bummer. I remember him interviewing someone down in Rose Hill, NC about that Frying Pan they have, and the guy in Minnesota that was building a new...
- Parrott said Killer. I never knew that the streams were that complected. I guess they must stay ahead of the russians ? best parrott
- Fred Stiening said It gets even more complicated, which I learned the hard way. Using DNS games, server123.xyz.com may return a different IP address (or more) depending on your geographic location and/or internet provi...
- TheChairman said Not to be confused with Bellemont, AZ (on old Route 66)… the location of Gates’ Belmont city is more than a bit curious. It’s a stone’s throw from the nation’s largest e...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. There are complexities on multiple levels. The verb “streams” can be associated with the owner of the content, the owner of the radio station, the owner of the streaming service pr...
- Fred Stiening said Your assumption is correct, however someone else may still be doing the streaming. If you have a server named streaming123.xyz.com, that server can be run by a third party, but from a security persp...
- Fred Stiening said It used to be a big thing in deer season in Michigan in the 1980s that the state PBS network would visit the DNR checkin centers where hunters brought their deer in for inspection and the catch was hu...
- Parrott said hi Fred, you know, Vince didn’t ask that. That’s a good question. I hope they are at least doing that. The problem will be spending the money for the processing of deer carcass. Its a lot...
- Fred Stiening said Lansing Michigan had that arrangement where the city government heated the downtown using the steam from the city owned coal fired electric plant. It no longer met EPA requirements and was decommissi...
- Fred Stiening said Are they donating the deer to homeless shelters or just burying them in mass graves at the landfill?
- Fred Stiening said Spanish Broadcasting System just received their Going Concern warning from their auditors indicating Chapter 11 will happen if they can’t restructure their debt. Revenues were down 9%. That might b...
- Fred Stiening said In 2015, WTVI (the local PBS TV station) sponsored the creation of the Charlotte Broadcasters Hall of Fame, whose inaugural class included Billy Graham and Charles Kurault. It appears that the first...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Back in the 1970s, I would sometimes listen to Radio Moscow and they did a story on heating in their capital city. The electricity generating plants in the US mostly heat rivers or lakes or release s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Redeye Radio Show is quite good and seems to get better with time. There is no reason for anyone to miss it due to personal schedules – it is available on demand (what iHeart would call a po...
- CC1s121LrBGT said “Weeeell, doggies!” I think all the Salem stations are available in the iHeart app but they are actually streams by streamtheworld.com . Most of the iHeart owned stations are now streamed by i...
- Parrott said Hey, guess what?Fairfax county (NOVA) allow Govt. huntsman use the ‘Evil’ AR-15 platform as the type of rifle used to hunt and clear out deer in their parks. Interesting, ‘the man...
- Parrott said $240 million eh ? That’s more than ‘Jed Clampett’. Speaking on streaming, the Global Star radio network is using ‘Voscast’ now. its like S2.Voscast.com then a numbe...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per this list of the top 10 wealthiest talk radio hosts, #10 is Tom Joyner at $30 million, #1 is Howard Stern at $550 million. I’m no socialist, but just as it was clear that overpaying for ...
- Fred Stiening said The stock in Salem and Townsquare is at a 52 week low in a stock market that has been going up. Maybe K-Love should sell stock.
- Fred Stiening said Tom Taylor is reporting that Cumulus has their prepackaged bankruptcy ready to do. By converting debt to stock, perhaps NASDAQ will not boot them
- CC1s121LrBGT said Its a sinister organization. I was on their website to check out a stream from Australia which was geoblocked to the USA. I saw a section for comments and someone was complaining that the station wou...
- Parrott said and sporting News radio. They were pretty good,
- CC1s121LrBGT said Buried with a donkey He’s my favorite honky! Born in Arizona, Moved to Babylonia Dancin’ by the Nile The ladies love his style Rockin’ for a mile He ate a crocodile.
- CC1s121LrBGT said “Look Ma, new pans!” 😉
- Fred Stiening said On their equivalent of Amazon Prime day last week, Alibaba did $25.3 billion in sales in one day.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yahoo is no longer paying $5.7B to acquire streaming companies such as broadcast.com.
- Linda S. said I see. Thanks!
- Parrott said Saturday night after looking at homes in Winston Salem, we watch ‘War for Planet of the Apes’ Spoiler alert . Caesar, the talking ape, is Moses. There, you know the story. He sets his p...
- Parrott said Hey Countess: Did you see the nice story on CBS Sunday morning about the restaurant in Philadelphia that gives it profits to a church mission that feeds homeless people ? It was Rooster soup co. Me...
- Fred Stiening said Triton is just the name of the folks who gather the statistics. Most of the companies that were doing streaming have gone out of business. Triton Media has a subsidiary that does streaming, but th...
Category Archives: Low Power FM
You find the most interesting people looking for radio station owners http://www.lafayettepublicpolicy.com/Candidate_Vincent_Alexander.html Mr Alexander is the principle behind the non-partisan St Martin Parish Voter’s League, which operates KVTZ-LPFM in Breaux Bridge Louisiana (or at least has the license). He is … Continue reading
With most of the visible radio stations checked for the first time in six months, additional things are being added to help track down the people and organizations behind radio applications, of which Low Power FM radio stations can be … Continue reading
Being “out” in Alaska didn’t work out One of the rules to prevent LPFM becoming viable competition against commercial radio is that licenses cannot be sold, only transferred. Any money that changes hands is limited to the value of the … Continue reading
Congress authorized the FCC about 15 Years ago to hand out Low Power FM non-commercial licenses with a maximum power of 100 watts. The FCC dragged their tail, stalling for 10 years to give others a chance to jump in … Continue reading
http://talk1045.com/ Behold K283CC – started this week in Des Moines, Iowa, operated by Saga Communications, which has been very aggressive in creating “metro” FM translators. Few people listen to the sub channels on digital HD radio (HD2/3/4), but by saying … Continue reading
Part of the reason for the flurry of HDRadio posts is the issue of FM translators (FX) being “fed” by HD 2/3/4 channels, to essentially carve out a brand new FM radio station that doesn’t even count against the BigRadio™ … Continue reading
Operators of Low Power FM stations are pushing back of the rules the NAB/FCC imposed to make it impossible for them to survive, after having been authorized by Congress close to 15 years ago. Since they operate at 100 watts … Continue reading
KXOK-LPFM in Modesto California appears to be affiliated with First Nation Ministry, which offers to certify that you are qualified to perform marriages of all types in most places.
Jennifer Smart Foundation She loves animals and the environment… And runs a radio station. Who could argue with that? She was 14 in 2011 so my Common Core math (20-14 + 2017-2015 + 2020-2010) says she is now 18