- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Big improvement at FCC Website
- More train action than you can shake a stick at
- The future of grocery retailing?
- Visiting Our Heritage
- The Conservative Mom
- Ray Lucia wins at Supreme Court
- Puerto Rico update
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Is President Trump out to dismantle the NWO?
- Unmasking AT&T
- Domestic Content protection in a global community
- California to vote on three way split
- CEO of K-Love / Air1 to retire
- New face at the FCC
- JUNE is busting out all over
- Taking Cookies from Strangers
- GDPR Notice
- Slogging in the swamp
- Bet the Farm
- Login issues
- iHeart’s future
- Alpha is next
- The changing political landscape of Charlotte
- Taking the Jump
- “American” Car Jobs
- John F Kerry is colluding with Iran
- Explain this
- Townsquare’s survival plan
- Public radio acquires podcaster
- MAY we hep you?
- House unanimously passes Music Royalty reform act
- Parting of the Ways
- A Life Changer
- Fred Stiening said I guess that depends on your strategy. The city/county already owns the parking lots. The bus station land will be acquired as part of the big $200-$400 million building yet to be built. The area t...
- Fred Stiening said Osaka https://youtu.be/vtyC2xJJAnM
- TheChairman said So, if I (theoretically) happen to live over on Graham or Church street, you are saying my house should be up for sale on Zillow?
- Fred Stiening said Closeup of the derailer. In the event a CSX train at full speed blew through the signals, I doubt the derailer would have any tangible benefit in mitigating damage, and may well take out the bridge s...
- Fred Stiening said For those playing SimCharlotte at home 1) is the current location of the Amtrak station – very dangerous neighborhood at 2 A.M. when the New Orleans to New York trains meet, more or less 2) is t...
- Fred Stiening said Extremely unlikely. We watched videos of what we missed and it was nothing like what Countess had expected to experience.
- TheChairman said Whenever I point out technical absurdities in a show, my wife tells me to “just be quiet and watch, you’re spoiling the fun of it.” Fred, this is a bit off topic, but we’ve bee...
- Fred Stiening said While I can’t find the actual city council vote in 2011 for the DNC convention n Charlotte that nominated Barack Obama, Republican leaders welcomed the convention, not calling Obama a Kenyan Com...
- TheChairman said Yeah CC, that was my thought also… show-and-tell time.
- Fred Stiening said Useful story to rebut the “all serial killers are white” thing you see plastered in comment sections http://www.thecharlottepost.com/news/2018/07/18/arts-and-entertainment/documentary-reco...
- Fred Stiening said Which begs the question of how one locates a spread spectrum transmitter. For bonus points, what famous actress was awarded the patent for spread spectrum radio communications? It was a mechanical im...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The antenna is way cool. I’d like to take credit for the idea, and am an electrical engineer but I actually found it by a guy making them out of his garage and advertising in the back of a HIFI...
- Fred Stiening said Charlotte officially broke ground on moving the Amtrak train station back to the exact location it was in 1962 on the Southern Railroad mainline. The CSX mainlne had a station of its own that still...
- Parrott said yeah, I’ll take a pic of the car upside down. Its a simple kit nothing extravagant like a Proto 2000 kit. Now most model trains come from china assembled, or RTR ( ready to Run). You ante...
- Fred Stiening said Charlotte is expected to get the 2020 RNC Convention when the selection is announced this week. The City Council voted 6-5 to support hosting the convention.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Parrott – If you can, reply with a photo attached. It sounds interesting.
- Parrott said I found an older Accurail kit in the ‘pile’ of stuff in my office. Western Maryland 55 ton hopper. I had spray painted the weights that attach to the ‘slope sheet’, primer...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Grounded is important for radio transmitters. 😉
- Fred Stiening said Her dad ran the hardware store. Her boyfriend talked her into swapping out the burned out tube and her dad could just blame the Tube maker (see: K-Mart return policy) I have no idea who made portable...
- Parrott said Oh yeah, UV rays. Forgot about that. Bummer. Okay, What about ‘Plastic encased ‘ wood cross-tie ? You have the longevity of the concrete tie with cheaper wood core in plastic. The...
- Parrott said Yeah, sometimes I think Colonel Hogan is going to ask Sargent Kinchlow (Kinch) to ‘fax’ secret maps and German codes from Klinks code book to the allied offices in London. The antenna in...
- CC1s121LrBGT said > “Using two antennas on the same device improves accuracy. If you feed both signal into the detector inverting one signal, rather than relying on maximum signal strength when pointing at the...
- Fred Stiening said Congress is currently working on passage of a law that would impose 6 digit fines on unauthorized operations and permit civil forfeiture of buildings where the owner is aware of the transmitter and d...
- Fred Stiening said Well, I remember WOR-AM being the technical real world trial. Digital AM requires more than the normal bandwidth in order to imbed the digital signal. This means that it clobbers adjacent channel si...
- Fred Stiening said Countess is currently binge watching “French Village”, a 7 season series about living in France during the German Nazi occupation. I only have seen a tiny bit of bit, but there was a scene with the Ge...
- TheChairman said I’ll go with concrete ties. The spacing between ties is larger, life-span is longer, and they have other uses at end-of-life (e.g. for breakwater, jetties). I see a lot of concrete ties out we...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Where is that radio station, you ask? Have a browser? https://hackaday.com/2018/07/16/global-radio-direction-finding-in-your-browser/ Not sure how this works, but it looks interesting and may be of...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Shiver me timbers, mately! https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/alleged-pirates-contacted-in-n-y-n-j-connecticut-and-miami
- CC1s121LrBGT said WTF, WWFD ! lol https://radioink.com/2018/07/16/no-more-analog-for-this-am-station/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wood vs concrete is kind of interesting. For utility poles (aka the “telephone poles” that are really the responsibility of the electric company) wood infused creosote was all the rage wh...
- TheChairman said Nikola Tesla would be proud… AC wins again.
- Fred Stiening said https://www.rta.org/assets/docs/ResearchPapersArticles/Miscellaneous/final%20creo%20ties%20lca-jtts-apr2013.pdf Concrete is a huge part of CO2 emissions. The paper makes too many assumptions, but loo...
- Parrott said Hi Foyle , Good to see you to ! I know where that dam is. Nice area to visit. Hey CC, Plastic roads are an excellent idea ! You know I was thinking that maybe the plastic could be used in manufa...
- Fred Stiening said Lots of details about how ATC enables 3 minute spacing of Shinkansen trains into Tokyo Station. https://youtu.be/9cm_z5RFtR4 Originally, trains had AC catenary with DC motors, but have switched to lig...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Good News! https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/09/the-man-who-paves-indias-roads-with-old-plastic Not sure it will work as well with with trains and we all know flying trains are the worldR...
- foyle said Welcome back Parrott! Your post brought back memories, years ago we took a July vacation in the N.C. Mountains, the place we stayed had one of those ‘whole house fans’ — turning it o...
- Fred Stiening said France won. Trump declares the EU is a foe of the E.U.
- Fred Stiening said I just learned that Firefox has abandoned firebug for debugging and has adopted the Chrome standard for remote debugging of web browser page rendering…
- CC1s121LrBGT said Glad you like Dead Radio. Have you ever listened to “Radio Free Phoenix” ? They are kind of a cross between two SiriusXM stations – Vinyl and Deep Tracks. The best way I can descri...
- Fred Stiening said One of the strangest media marriages is about to unravel – for reasons best known to the parties, the Onion parody site was acquired by the Univision Spanish language broadcaster. Univision is...
- Parrott said Hey Ya’ll , I’m back again. ( Trip to ‘Mordor’ for work) this time. WMAL is still transmitting on AM. I miss you all ! I’m having a hard time keeping up with the c...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Let’s see how many FCC jobs that eliminate to have a web server send out an automated email reminder rather than have a team of people going through the snail mail each day. The government has...
- Fred Stiening said The “stick” is that once people are uploading their reports to the FCC, the FCC can remind the stations when they have not posted EEO reports – instead of just doing random samples.
- CC1s121LrBGT said > “The FCC dangled the carrot that the FCC would provide cloud storage for stations…” Sounds like a “Pai in the sky” idea. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said First there was the train. (“Bahn” in German) … Then Germany invented “Auto trains” (Autobahn) which in the US are the “Eisenhower Interstate Highway system”...
- Fred Stiening said If you want to locate this area, Italy Park is on the left side under the monorail and we are looking South. The main Tokyo train station is about a mile behind us. The most local trains are on the...
- Fred Stiening said And since Japan remembers the past, it is not dependent on oil products from the Western Hemisphere that could be embargoed. That was the same reason South Africa was running coal fired stream trains...
- briand75 said Wonderful to see a great transportation implementation. Efficient and probably cost effective, my wish would be to have the camera closer to the tracks.
- Fred Stiening said In 1998, France loaned the original Statue of Liberty to Japan, and it was such a big hit that Tokyo put up their own replica in a tourist area https://www.gotokyo.org/en/spot/363/
Category Archives: War in Asia
CNN Things can’t possibly get more confusing or dangerous. Turkey says they did it to go after Kurdish fighters backed by the US to “get ISIL” – or is it to overthrow President Assad? Or to kill ISIS? In recent … Continue reading
The Arbitration body empowered to resolve disputes over where the water boundaries are has just ruled against China. This ruling was been coming for months and the decision was as expected. The subject is the South China Sea The issue … Continue reading
NY times If Congress orders the declassication of the 28 pages of the 9/11 report detailing Saudi Royal family members in the planning and funding of the attack on the World Trade Center, the Saudi government pledges to dump all … Continue reading
It’s pretty inconceivable after watching last night’s Republican debate with Hugh Hewitt’s attempt to attack Trump over his alleged “neutrality” on the Israeli / Palestinian problem, and Marco Rubio’s assertion that Gaza is “Israeli land”…. but… After Egypt nationalized the … Continue reading
Intenational Business Times North Korea claims it now has a miniaturized hydrogen bomb that could be placed on a ballistic missile. That seems extremely unlikely *unless* someone sold them the finished product. In any case, this escalation is likely to … Continue reading
https://www.rt.com/news/332454-saudi-arabia-big-drills/ Saudi Arabia has moved aircraft to Incirlik Air Base in Turkey, near the border with Syria. Saudi Arabia has stated clearly this is to topple Assad. In the event of a shooting war, Turkey has a lot of vulnerabilities, … Continue reading
The Carolina® team that plays a sporting event with a pointy ball are expected to win the once a year contest watched by thousands of Americans around the world. The Rand Corporation reports it is theoretically possible North Korea will … Continue reading
John Kerry has announced that regime change is off the table in Syria. The people of Syria get to choose their leader. What a difference four submarine launched nuclear capable cruise missiles can make.
During the second half the third hour, Donald Trump had a very amicable conversations with Donald Trump about ISIS and related topics. Your can hear the discussion on the 24/7 Alex Jones stream http://www.infowars.com/