- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Domestic Content protection in a global community
- California to vote on three way split
- CEO of K-Love / Air1 to retire
- New face at the FCC
- JUNE is busting out all over
- Taking Cookies from Strangers
- GDPR Notice
- Slogging in the swamp
- Bet the Farm
- Login issues
- iHeart’s future
- Alpha is next
- The changing political landscape of Charlotte
- Taking the Jump
- “American” Car Jobs
- John F Kerry is colluding with Iran
- Explain this
- Townsquare’s survival plan
- Public radio acquires podcaster
- MAY we hep you?
- House unanimously passes Music Royalty reform act
- Parting of the Ways
- A Life Changer
- Milepost for the future of AM
- Yahoo updates its TOS
- Mignon Clyburn heads for the exit
- Art Bell finds out the truth about Chupacabras
- The fate of the Imus Ranch
- New York City retail is dead
- Siri has a new boyfriend
- Will Trump destroy Amazon?
- The new focus
- So about that viral hug photo
- April is for fools
- The search for an Imus replacement begins
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have an old friend from college that lives a few hundred miles from me. Last time I visited him, he had to park in his driveway because his garage was filled with old analog oscilloscopes that were...
- Parrott said AAArgh , I still have the B & K tube tester, its the size of a large brief case . I have the Tube substitution handbook here somewhere. I would have to look it up but I can test it Fred. If yo...
- Fred Stiening said Amtrak just spent a ton of money rehabbing tracks between Springfield and New Haven. I think this may be on another competing rail line on the opposite side of the river. I didn’t drive much in...
- Fred Stiening said So you know the tube tester settings for a 6SJ7?
- TheChairman said Good time, bad times… we all have some stories. Seems like a lot of repair shops were put out of business by transistors and solid state electronics in the mid 70’s thru mid 80’s. A...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Attention train buffs: extremely high tax state Connecticut, while bleeding jobs and business such as GE which recently moved its HQ to Massachusetts, has bet the taxpayer’s farm on the rail. A...
- Parrott said Happy Fathers day everyone. Tom Greshem is having people calling in, telling good time stories. Mine would be short. I remember my old man showing me how to test vacuum tubes in the TV & Radio r...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I can half understand hearing their weather forecast for the weekend on Sunday night when it just hours from being over, and their calendar of events for events that happened days ago, but I still hav...
- Fred Stiening said After dumping around a $billion in debt and all the old stockholders, the “new” Cumulus resumed trading with an implied market value of around $160 million. Fresh out of bankruptcy, Cumulus is hit wit...
- Fred Stiening said In between debating outlawing dolls of children used for sex, Congress is also voting to impose $2 million fines for illegal operation of a radio station.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Just what we need to grow government. Has anyone else thought that the problem in Washington was that we need 4 new Senators to water down the votes of existing states? The irony is that proponents of...
- briand75 said I know it’s simplistic and – yes – impossible, but can’t we just saw along the border and push CA into the Pacific? I think it would make a fine island nation 🙂
- briand75 said Ah yes! Amiga computers. The first (that I remember) computer with flat memory addressing. Such an improvement over the PC (Piece of c___) running DOS (Don’t Own this System). Fond memories and,...
- CC1s121LrBGT said How about an apology to the donors and voters he swindled in return for his vote to repeal Obamacare?
- Fred Stiening said Has McCain apologized yet to Sarah Palin?
- Fred Stiening said If anyone happens to be near Traverse City, Michigan – see if WLDR-FM (101.9) and/or WARD-AM (750) are still broadcasting…
- CC1s121LrBGT said https://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrk.no%2Fnorge%2Ffrp-ere-nominerer-donald-trump-til-nobels-fredspris-1.14082439 “The progress party-ERS nomi...
- TheChairman said Before we left Arizona last week, a Tucson radio station announced the results of a recent statewide poll (ignored by most media outlets). The question was: “Should the Trump Administration apol...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Big court decision today on whether ATT can buy CNN and the rest of Time Warner. Of course Comcast already owns MSNBC and other channels. …and Verizon owns Huffington Post and Yahoo News. glad...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Trump has to earn it like Obama did…. maybe he should channel Al Jolson and perform the press conferences in blackface.
- Fred Stiening said The media silence over President Trump’s Nobel Peace Prize is deafening.
- Fred Stiening said Progressive Talk radio in Asheville NC is moving to an HD sub channel. This might be a sign of things to come as iHeart’s creditors are more directly involved in management decisions. Out in Sa...
- Parrott said Why don’t McCain just go away? he has no dignity He still has to keep showing his ass. I stand with President Trump. mcclown can stand with his Isis boys and globalist parrott
- TheChairman said Yes, we crossed their tracks last week upon our return. Apparently, they have been awarded ‘short line’ railway of the year for 2018. https://www.lsrc.com/news/ There’s an interesti...
- Fred Stiening said Sarnoff was the 600 pound gorilla. He essentially wrote the industry rulebook for Radio defining acceptable ethics. Keeping your membership at the NAB meant not crossing swords with Sarnoff. NBC/RCA...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Just saying that most wireless companies have “data only” plans so you can connect your home computers. May be faster and cheaper than your 1.5 Mbps. They have a wireless router that creat...
- Parrott said That’s true Fred, I had friends that would only sign a lease with certain apartments complexes in Blacksburg Virginia, because they would offer free T1 service. this was back around 96 -98 . Ve...
- Parrott said Hi CC, yeah I have 4G here. Verizon’s tower is about half mile away by way the crow flys. Its a great signal and works well on the companies Apple phone I use for work. I have it always set f...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What was behind the greatest generation owners not liking Sarnoff and his RCA/NBC? I would have expected the opposite as RCA had long been a defense contractor. Ts and Cs that were tough against the...
- Fred Stiening said Amiga computers were good for those cable TV channels. They could produce inexpensive video and show graphics.
- Fred Stiening said Many of them probably carry the CBS top of the hour news and features. There was strong hatred of Sarnoff and NBC in the Midwest, although it is fading as the Greatest Generation owners die off. AB...
- Fred Stiening said That is quite plausible. Verizon is telling you the truth about DSL. The speed limit of the DSL is limited by the length of the copper wire. In the old days, if you had a budget, you could order...
- Parrott said Hey Chairman: Is the shortline Lake States railway still serving the quarries and cement plant there in Alpena ? I saw some 2015 footage on youtube . Parrott
- CC1s121LrBGT said How is your home with regard to phone connectivity? 4G LTE speeds are around 5 and 12 Mbps and 5G is probably months away. The new gear that T-Mobile is installing at the towers for their new 600 and...
- Parrott said I guess thats why Pidgin quit supporting that Yahoo messenger, me and a couple people at work used Pidgin as the messenger interface, before Verizon took over. Back then Yahoo was messing with their...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I agree with your assessment that internet access is basically a public utility. I have possible access via fewer providers than I have as possible suppliers for my home’s electricity. Seems...
- Fred Stiening said 0.19 blood alcohol in the system of the woman who fell out of the bus. https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/article/news/crime/uncc-student-killed-in-party-bus-crash-was-drinking-toxicology-report-says/275-559...
- Fred Stiening said In the Yahoo vision of the Internet, Yahoo was an alternative to AOL. Their ecosystem had a portal for news and entertainment, a search engine, dialup internet access (via partnerships with the Bell...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Thanks for that alert. I logged into my yahoo mail and still no notification from Verizon that they were shutting it down. Logged into the crippled messenger (about a year ago, yahoo forced all users...
- Fred Stiening said Yahoo Messenger will be shutting down in a month. I wonder if GDPR compliance was an issue. Does the “right to be forgotten” extend to 20 year old chat logs?
- TheChairman said During our travels we noticed a fair number of AM stations across the heartland states… most often with weather/crop and futures market reports during breaks with local or national talk shows.
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats colluded and interfered with the election by pressuring some non-incumbent candidates to drop out. That had a close call and through the collusion prevented a situation where they would...
- Fred Stiening said The Democratic Party plan to suppress Republican votes in the general election may have backfired. The Top 2 “jungle” primary caused an expensive primary for Governor and did not block Re...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It used to be (circa the 1970s) that cable TV systems had their own local channels that showed cars for sale ads with still images, and community events on another channel. Both channels looked like a...
- Fred Stiening said Not having done any research on this, what I suspect is that AM stations are acquiring FM translators, after a couple weeks of encouraging their core listeners (P1s) to switch to the FM station, they...
- TheChairman said Upon returning to northern Michigan this week, we noticed something had changed during the winter. While doing errands in Alpena, we attempted to find an AM station, but the ‘seek’ functio...
- Fred Stiening said When we went to Lexington NC to get BBQ, I realized the restaurant had K-Love playing on the radio. BMI and ASCAP love to search for restaurants playing music, as the law and a long history of legal...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Really no reason to listen to anything you don’t like nowadays. Many key talkers have 24/7 streams but many also have free podcasts… and the podcasts will stream from your browser if you d...
- briand75 said From my experience – just the work keeping their websites up to date is somewhat daunting. I became somewhat of a fan listening to a large number of their stations and hope that they continue to...
- briand75 said Goodbye Filet 🙂
Category Archives: Salem Radio
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/04/sources-hugh-hewitt-in-talks-for-msnbc-show.html When Hewitt took over for Bill Bennett to do the 6-9 AM shift, I wondered if he was going to last as a morning guy. The purported MSNBC show would be an evening show, so it seems unlikely Hewitt … Continue reading
Winston Salem Journal Stu Epperson Jr is the son of the cofounder of the Salem media networks (SALM). A man attempted to break into his house and was caught by the police. The original story was kept fairly discrete, but … Continue reading
Most of the last 90 years, New York City radio has had a Gambling helping start their day. John R is generation three of the Gambling radio family. Most of his time was on WOR-AM, although he did move to … Continue reading
If you don’t know who Larry Elder is – he is a Los Angeles based black libertarian radio host with a long track record. He previously was in national syndication on ABC Radio and was let go in 2007 in … Continue reading
* disclaimer – I am a stockholder in SALM https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/96663/salem-moves-hugh-hewitt-to-mornings-bill-bennett-to-commentaries/ For years, I have been advocating changes to the Salem Talk Lineup – the Bennett, Gallagher, Prager, Medved, Hewitt lineup hasn’t changed since I started tracking programming schedules. They’re all … Continue reading
The unwinding of the AM Radio Disney empire continues. Salem Broadcasting ended up buying the stations that were not “red hot” – for about 1/3 to 1/4th of what Disney paid 15 years ago. Salem got the keys today for … Continue reading
As long time readers know, Disney Radio decided to get out of Radio and sell off its overpriced major market AM stations. Salem Radio has been one buyer anxious to buy at the fire sale in markets where they don’t … Continue reading
Who knew? Andy Parks was on WWRC-AM in Washington DC because the Washington Times newspaper was paying Salem Radio. Salem needs more revenue than the Washington Times was willing to pay, so he is history. Salem doesn’t subscribe to Neilsen … Continue reading
Salem Radio’s WNYM-AM in New York City has agreed to let Third Generation radio guy John Gambling on their station from 11 AM-1 PM. The station currently carries syndicated programming, and will replace it with two hours of local programming … Continue reading