- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Someone needed to say this
- January 2018 randomness
- Global Warming, NC style
- A visit with Tony Robbins
- Merry Christmas
- Christmas Shopping – no returns
- Elon Musk sending Tesla car into orbit around Mars
- Random Pictures
- Ken Hamblin has surfaced
- Charlotte has a new planning director!
- KQV-AM to shut down
- Amtrak’s new “high speed” train derails on first day
- Charlotte, the global city
- Ginger Bread season at Ballantyne
- Cumulus changes at Chicago’s WLS
- The List
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- The Cashless Society
- CMLS is toast
- Koch Brothers expected to fund takeover of Time Magazine
- Stuy Town and Charlotte
- Remington guns for Black Friday
- Mobile Homes are now too expensive to afford
- CBS Radio merger into Entercom has closed
- Pilot / Flying J
- The EPCOT vision of Bill Gates
- Chinese Hamster Ovary cells
- College in 2017
- Murder solved
- iHeart embraces podcasting, uh-huh
- CC1s121LrBGT said If you arranged for the FBI to spy on your opposition and had the FBI leak unsubstantiated smears against that them from “an unnamed FBI source”, you’d be shocked that people could s...
- TheChairman said I wondered where he went after the Dirty Jobs series, always enjoyed his demeanor and presentation. Will have to watch this series if it’s available via video streaming service. This is what ha...
- TheChairman said CC: I applauded smoking bans in public facilities, I have asthma. However, the salt at my table goes on my food, it’s a choice which does not affect anyone else in the room. Bloomberg’s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’d change my password but I can’t find the right Post-it note to update.
- Fred Stiening said One difference between bankruptcy and mere reorganization is that the bankrupt company can terminate non-essential contracts and claw back golden parachutes. The non-secured creditors are playing ha...
- Fred Stiening said The web hosting service for this server installed the first software patch for the intel hardware bug, in the event any Hungarian hackers were planning to steal my database
- CC1s121LrBGT said Don’t get me wrong, TheChairman, I am no big fan of Michael Bloomberg, but compared to the current mayor, Michael Bloomberg is Alt-Right for believing in capitalism. I am allergic to smoke and...
- TheChairman said CC: Speaking of Bloomberg (and his ‘salt police’)… I heard a PSA the other day, advocating the usage of more salt. 🙂
- CC1s121LrBGT said I had heard he had worked with his friends in the Democrat legislature to do that before he took office so that it would be ready when he took the oath. On a related note, I miss Michael Bloomberg to...
- Fred Stiening said Has he created an agency yet to protect illegal aliens from the federal government?
- CC1s121LrBGT said I miss Chris Christie already. 🙁 Out of the frying pan and into the fire with the binary choice offered by the two halves of the incumbent duopoly https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/nyregion/governo...
- Fred Stiening said Don’t spend the money from the stock or bitcoin profits just yet…
- CC1s121LrBGT said first entry for 2018 SRG points: What is up… DACA? the the the the that’s all folks. DACA Obugs me.
- Parrott said Dateline Austin Texas; 16-JAN-2018 Alex Jones says he has been in contact with Top scientist, entrepreneurs and wealthy industrialist, and that ‘Opray’ has issued another missile aler...
- briand75 said Obama – so worried about his legacy. Thank God for Trump who has been able to erase most of the damaging executive orders that Obama created. I am not surprised that Obama would threaten Milt a...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Genius or kook could all be a matter of timing: http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/elon-musk-admits-he-attended-sex-party-but-that-none-of-the-activities-happened-while-he-was-there/
- Fred Stiening said Related: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2018/01/12/can-the-chinese-government-now-get-access-to-your-grindr-profile/
- Fred Stiening said Former WGN host Milt Rosenberg has died. He worked in semiobscurity until his 15 minutes of national fame when the Obama campaign tried to strong-arm him into disinviting a guest who had written abou...
- CC1s121LrBGT said In other train news: I was listening to WMAL last week and their top local story was that the District of Columbia is pushing the states of Virginia and Maryland to increase their sales taxes in nearb...
- CC1s121LrBGT said That was actually a good article despite blaming “global warming” rather than human error for the tunnels flooding with salt water. The author also seems blind to the irony of these two s...
- Fred Stiening said Eventually, a big chunk of the Long Island traffic will move to the under construction East Side Access tunnel connecting LIRR to Grand Central. People living on Ling Island but working in Midtown ha...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Amtrak – something new and something old. Didn’t realize the tunnels aree 107 years old already… and doing really well until Sandy filled them half way with salt water. https://www.b...
- CC1s121LrBGT said They have a right to share the data you and I generate, but when you share the data they generate, thanks to the lobbyists and campaign donations from their industry, the federal government and not CN...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The natural gas and electricity generation industries have long been fascinating to me and I have worked in both. I don’t know how they were designed in the first part of the last century but...
- Fred Stiening said The constraint on usage of natural gas for heating has been lack of storage capacity. In Derby, CT, my bed was about 100 feet from a 14” natural gas pipeline that feeds New England and runs during t...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The low and stable price of natural gas has changed the economics. In the south, it still may not be worth running gas lines very far from the existing pipeline that runs from Houston to Boston. Com...
- CC1s121LrBGT said He will be a true genius if he has a special domed sunroof so that the dog on board can stick his head out and enjoy the stellar view.
- Fred Stiening said It appears that the launch actually failed – the satellite did not separate from the 2nd stage and burned up on re-entry – but since its purpose was secret, the details will remain secret
- Fred Stiening said 10% ethanol gets poorer mileage than straight gasoline, maybe even to the point it has a negative affect. QuikTrip is offering non-ethanol gasoline, but it was about $2.60 a gallon. Now that we are...
- CC1s121LrBGT said briand75 , I think we get it mainly from the Iowa caucus that is the first for not just one of the major political parties but both of them. It is designed to get money flowing from the other 49 state...
- briand75 said I think ethanol equivalence is something like 1.5 gals of Ethanol is equivalent to 1.0 gals of gasoline in terms of stored energy. Ethanol from corn was slightly positive on the energy balance: energy...
- CC1s121LrBGT said That is part of the issue. The bigger part is that as food is diverted away from the people that need it, more forests, including rain forests are burned down and the huge trees and jungle that remove...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Most of these attorney (legal) jobs are at tax payer expense. The lawyers on both sides are often from different branches of government and the trial takes places in a building owned by the government...
- Fred Stiening said About a week ago, we experimented with the Prime Now food delivery service. I chose a frozen item and a refrigerated and a fragile one. What we ordered arrived when expected and was what I ordered...
- Fred Stiening said According to this UK study, sugar beets are around 7x the energy output at the sugar factory compared to the fertilizer energy inputs. Note that the conversion to ethanol and transportation to the en...
- Fred Stiening said Robert Dole and ADM are the reason we tried using corn. The prototype country (Brazil) uses sugar cane, but pretty much any plant you can make booze from will work. Michigan has a huge crop of sugar...
- Fred Stiening said Jobs cannot be legal unless a government first makes them illegal.
- briand75 said I think ethanol has traditionally been made from corn. So we rob the world of corn crops to make inefficient fuel additives for the sake of “cleaner air”.
- CC1s121LrBGT said How many legal jobs would be lost if we had voter ID?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Absolutely. I joke around for fun but he is a genius. Another is Jeff Bezos. I’ve ordered school supplies with my daughter on a Sunday night and by Monday afternoon when she comes home from scho...
- Fred Stiening said The Republican won the deciding process, and the legal challenge moves on to a different race where apparently voters voted in the wrong Virginia House district https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/v...
- Fred Stiening said Last night, a SpaceX rocket launched a secret government payload into low earth orbit, and the first stage returned to the launch pad and landed successfully. I’ll line up on the genius side.
- CC1s121LrBGT said “….Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. …” @realDonaldTrump 4:27 AM – 6 Jan 2018
- briand75 said He’s either a genius or a complete kook 🙂
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about “Alexa, play some funky music, white boy” ?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Maybe he is trying to illustrate the subtle difference between “a self-driving car” and “an autonomous vehicle” ?
- Fred Stiening said Enjoy! https://help.iheart.com/hc/en-us/articles/229183568-Linking-iHeartRadio-with-Amazon-Echo The more interesting issue is what Alexa Echo does with a vague request like “play some country music” o...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ve looked this weekend and seen that Alexa icon on a lot of Cumulus station websites. Probably won’t see it on iHeart station websites as the don’t want you ever leave the iHeart
- Fred Stiening said And can go a billion miles on one set of tires.
- Fred Stiening said Tom Taylor has been touting radio stations to get themselves added to Alexa. Of course, an ad that tricks Alexa into playing WGOW while you already listening to WGOW doesn’t accomplish much.
Category Archives: 2016 election
NY Times coverage The “deep state” is likely very unhappy about this development. Fifty-four years is enough time to shield Camelot from public scrutiny. We need to know if Oliver Stone got the facts right. The baby boomers deserve to … Continue reading
Since it rarely is an issue, there is a lot of misunderstanding about the electoral vote that will happen on Monday. Most people know each state gets a number of votes equal to the number of House members plus the … Continue reading
Milwaukee County reported last night their recount is complete – however the count of absentee and provisional ballots is not – however with all the other recounting done, the various piles are sorted out. This was day 9 of the … Continue reading
Despite there being no provision in Michigan law for a recount based on “just because I want one”, a Federal Judge has ordered a HAND recount to happen starting on Monday. And on December 12th, Ms Stein will demand a … Continue reading
It takes a little work to create a useful spreadsheet but worth the effort. There are 3,636 precincts to be recounted, with 3,285,426 votes As of the Spreadsheet posted December 2nd, recounts of 346,133 votes (10.5%) are complete. Muddying the … Continue reading
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) […] Police said they are investigating whether it was a terrorist attack. […] The attacker was identified as an OSU student named Abdul Razak Ali Artan. He was a Somali-born legal permanent resident of the U.S., according … Continue reading
Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate has filed the paperwork to force Wisconsin to recount the entire state for the Presidential election http://elections.wi.gov/sites/default/files/publication/65/recount_manual_11_2016_pdf_17034.pdf Donald Trump got 1,409,467 Jill Stein got 30,980 Obviously, Jill Stein doesn’t believe she was cheated out … Continue reading
Not so fast Donald Trump doesn’t believe you care
Tomorrow is the deadline for local precincts to finish up counting provisional ballots and late arriving overseas ballots. Incumbent Republican North Carolina governor Pat McCrory trails by about 5,000 votes. McCrory has filed complaints challenging the votes in 12 counties, … Continue reading
In case you didn’t see it Maybe University of Michigan law school students can put down their coloring books and play-doh now That’s only an excerpt Full interview http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/60-minutes-interview-president-elect-donald-trump/ As Tom Marr’s replacement on WCBM in Baltimore framed it, Leslie … Continue reading