- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- CBS Radio merger into Entercom has closed
- Pilot / Flying J
- The EPCOT vision of Bill Gates
- Chinese Hamster Ovary cells
- College in 2017
- Murder solved
- iHeart embraces podcasting, uh-huh
- Triton digital rankings
- Before the @ sign
- City on a hill
- November, a time for new beginnings
- Donna Brazile: Hillary did rig the primary
- The coming war over smelly fruit
- Women are analog, men are digital
- Without Google
- President Trump to release JFK files
- When Free isn’t free
- FBI: Bill Clinton accepted bribes from Russia for Uranium
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- Buying Local
- Can you decipher this?
- 1st annual radio haiku contest
- Alphabet to the rescue
- The final days of CMLS
- SimState: the end of property rights
- The coming German food war
- Multiple choice slavery test
- End of local radio for many
- Deep Thinking
- Fred Stiening said Perhaps the name will be B&Lmont
- TheChairman said Because of it’s location, Belmont would become the first big ‘straw’ drawing water from the Central Arizona Project (CAP) aqueduct. Perhaps it was a strategic choice in that regard,...
- Fred Stiening said How would water rights work with a brand new city?
- Fred Stiening said I may have one pocket radio in a box somewhere. I did have a dual casette DAK radio from the 1970s, but hadn’t used it in probably 20 years – it had D cell batteries left inside, so you can im...
- Parrott said Well I have been looking at radios on ‘e-pay’ again. I was doing an inventory and I couldn’t find a clock radio. Oh well. I remember a poll I think asked how many radio you have in...
- Parrott said Charles Kuralt wasn’t that old when he died . Bummer. I remember him interviewing someone down in Rose Hill, NC about that Frying Pan they have, and the guy in Minnesota that was building a new...
- Parrott said Killer. I never knew that the streams were that complected. I guess they must stay ahead of the russians ? best parrott
- Fred Stiening said It gets even more complicated, which I learned the hard way. Using DNS games, server123.xyz.com may return a different IP address (or more) depending on your geographic location and/or internet provi...
- TheChairman said Not to be confused with Bellemont, AZ (on old Route 66)… the location of Gates’ Belmont city is more than a bit curious. It’s a stone’s throw from the nation’s largest e...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. There are complexities on multiple levels. The verb “streams” can be associated with the owner of the content, the owner of the radio station, the owner of the streaming service pr...
- Fred Stiening said Your assumption is correct, however someone else may still be doing the streaming. If you have a server named streaming123.xyz.com, that server can be run by a third party, but from a security persp...
- Fred Stiening said It used to be a big thing in deer season in Michigan in the 1980s that the state PBS network would visit the DNR checkin centers where hunters brought their deer in for inspection and the catch was hu...
- Parrott said hi Fred, you know, Vince didn’t ask that. That’s a good question. I hope they are at least doing that. The problem will be spending the money for the processing of deer carcass. Its a lot...
- Fred Stiening said Lansing Michigan had that arrangement where the city government heated the downtown using the steam from the city owned coal fired electric plant. It no longer met EPA requirements and was decommissi...
- Fred Stiening said Are they donating the deer to homeless shelters or just burying them in mass graves at the landfill?
- Fred Stiening said Spanish Broadcasting System just received their Going Concern warning from their auditors indicating Chapter 11 will happen if they can’t restructure their debt. Revenues were down 9%. That might b...
- Fred Stiening said In 2015, WTVI (the local PBS TV station) sponsored the creation of the Charlotte Broadcasters Hall of Fame, whose inaugural class included Billy Graham and Charles Kurault. It appears that the first...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Back in the 1970s, I would sometimes listen to Radio Moscow and they did a story on heating in their capital city. The electricity generating plants in the US mostly heat rivers or lakes or release s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Redeye Radio Show is quite good and seems to get better with time. There is no reason for anyone to miss it due to personal schedules – it is available on demand (what iHeart would call a po...
- CC1s121LrBGT said “Weeeell, doggies!” I think all the Salem stations are available in the iHeart app but they are actually streams by streamtheworld.com . Most of the iHeart owned stations are now streamed by i...
- Parrott said Hey, guess what?Fairfax county (NOVA) allow Govt. huntsman use the ‘Evil’ AR-15 platform as the type of rifle used to hunt and clear out deer in their parks. Interesting, ‘the man...
- Parrott said $240 million eh ? That’s more than ‘Jed Clampett’. Speaking on streaming, the Global Star radio network is using ‘Voscast’ now. its like S2.Voscast.com then a numbe...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per this list of the top 10 wealthiest talk radio hosts, #10 is Tom Joyner at $30 million, #1 is Howard Stern at $550 million. I’m no socialist, but just as it was clear that overpaying for ...
- Fred Stiening said The stock in Salem and Townsquare is at a 52 week low in a stock market that has been going up. Maybe K-Love should sell stock.
- Fred Stiening said Tom Taylor is reporting that Cumulus has their prepackaged bankruptcy ready to do. By converting debt to stock, perhaps NASDAQ will not boot them
- CC1s121LrBGT said Its a sinister organization. I was on their website to check out a stream from Australia which was geoblocked to the USA. I saw a section for comments and someone was complaining that the station wou...
- Parrott said and sporting News radio. They were pretty good,
- CC1s121LrBGT said Buried with a donkey He’s my favorite honky! Born in Arizona, Moved to Babylonia Dancin’ by the Nile The ladies love his style Rockin’ for a mile He ate a crocodile.
- CC1s121LrBGT said “Look Ma, new pans!” 😉
- Fred Stiening said On their equivalent of Amazon Prime day last week, Alibaba did $25.3 billion in sales in one day.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yahoo is no longer paying $5.7B to acquire streaming companies such as broadcast.com.
- Linda S. said I see. Thanks!
- Parrott said Saturday night after looking at homes in Winston Salem, we watch ‘War for Planet of the Apes’ Spoiler alert . Caesar, the talking ape, is Moses. There, you know the story. He sets his p...
- Parrott said Hey Countess: Did you see the nice story on CBS Sunday morning about the restaurant in Philadelphia that gives it profits to a church mission that feeds homeless people ? It was Rooster soup co. Me...
- Fred Stiening said Triton is just the name of the folks who gather the statistics. Most of the companies that were doing streaming have gone out of business. Triton Media has a subsidiary that does streaming, but th...
- Linda S. said Exactly how do you get Triton to provide streaming? As a dunce, I don’t know how this works.
- TheChairman said Indeed. Harnessing years of white guilt paid off. In 2008, Team Obama wanted him nominated by acclamation; some of Team Clinton wanted a roll-call vote, to reflect her “18 million cracks” in the glass...
- Fred Stiening said My memory of 2008 was the Democrats relied heavily on caucuses to pick the delegates and when the Obama supporters showed up, the progressive white people who are the core of the traditional caucus me...
- Fred Stiening said Our Uber driver the other day was driving a 2010 Mercedes SUV and claimed to be user #57 on Compuserve. He also said he had a Tandy 16 because it had 16 MB of memory.
- TheChairman said I left out part of my previous comment: I’ve contended since 2009 that Obama was ‘installed’ by the Clinton DNC machine (they knew housing/ economic bubbles and social agitation were...
- TheChairman said He’s competing with Noory and Jones for highest ratio of fluff-n-bluff per hour.
- Fred Stiening said She also did an interview with a black man I’m not familiar with on the SiriusXM Progressive channel. She cried in response to a question about the unsolved murder of Seth Rich – he was one of...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The day after she was on Morning Joe, she went on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight”, a live show I highly recommend and DVR so that I don’t miss it – it is worth my cabl...
- briand75 said Dems don’t do anything spontaneous. Everything has a framework and a plan. Ms. Brazile may be shoving Hillary out, but Rush had the notion that she is moving Michelle Obama in. 2020 could be an...
- TheChairman said Ms. Brazile has seen enough to realize the best thing for her to do was go public, as a sort of insurance policy against sleeping on the grass in Fort Marcy Park.
- Parrott said Killer, I didn’t realize that about the iheart or that they stream in such large chunks. You are right , it is getting harder to listen to the stations on VLC or away from the app they chose...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It’s not getting any attention, but yesterday on the Morning Joe she said that the Russians had tampered with their campaign databases and caused the campaign to make bad decisions. lie lie lie...
- Fred Stiening said I thought it interesting that she mentioned concern about the unsolved murder of Seth Rich. Perhaps she was told about the Clinton death list
- briand75 said I had a CompuServe account and I lived not far from the CompuServe campus in Ohio. Missed opportunities killed it off – too bad. CompuServe was a decent world in which to live and communicate. A...
- briand75 said Amen. Strife begets stress and effort is expended to deal with it. At some point, growth occurs and ultimately, the need for strife abates. I hope to grow into myself as you have, Fred.
Category Archives: 2012 Election
This is a bit confusing, but educational There was an event last night called “Gays for Trump”, organized by Milo Yiannopoulos, who works for Breitbart. He is quite the rabble rouser going to college campuses and provoking the free speech … Continue reading
Here is the complete text of Huey Long’s speech to the nation in the 1934 broadcast nationwide on the NBC radio network. http://www.hueylong.com/programs/share-our-wealth-speech.php As you read it, see how much it shares with the speeches of Donald Trump and Bernie … Continue reading
Diane Rehm is 78 years old, matching the demographics of NPR’s midday listeners. What she did this week would have ended the career of anyone else on radio (except perhaps Amy Goodman) Bernie Sanders is the former mayor of Burlington … Continue reading
ABC Radio News fell to an all time low today. Unless you’ve been on vacation (or think Jon Stewart is News), you’ve probably heard that the “Stupid War” in Iraq is back. The group someone is calling ISIS (Islamic State … Continue reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/nyregion/details-of-sharptons-time-as-informer-shed-light-on-a-life-with-many-chapters.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0 The summary of Tawana Brawley is particularly misleading – she claimed she was raped by a “gang of white men”
During the first hour today, Rush spent a good part of the show talking about the a white House press corps. His revelation is that the press tell the staff what they want to ask questions about, and then the … Continue reading
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/11/stonewalled-reporter-quits-cbs-news-frustrated-with-networks-liberal-bias-105605 She has been one of the few TV reporters to actively pursue the Obama administrations improper activities like Fast & Furious and according to this article is writing a book about how the establishment media has circled the wagon … Continue reading
Neese’s is located in Greensboro, NC. In addition to sausage, they are well known for their liver mush, which is probably close to what it sounds like. All I can say is my place smells great and the sausage met … Continue reading
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-kfi-ratings-rush-limbaugh-20140218,0,2400336.story#axzz2tv9o3NgF If you want an example of newspaper constructing a narrative that is fact free, there you go. The reporter started with the conclusion “Rush left KFI-AM and nobody followed him to KTLK-AM!” (now KEIB). What they didn’t know because … Continue reading
USA Today coverage Good thing to know it isn’t a recurring systemic problem!