- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Milepost for the future of AM
- Yahoo updates its TOS
- Mignon Clyburn heads for the exit
- Art Bell finds out the truth about Chupacabras
- The fate of the Imus Ranch
- New York City retail is dead
- Siri has a new boyfriend
- Will Trump destroy Amazon?
- The new focus
- So about that viral hug photo
- April is for fools
- The search for an Imus replacement begins
- The curtain closes on Don Imus
- EU GPDR is coming in May 2018
- $1.6 billion thanks
- Send in the Clouds
- Clear Channel / iHeartmedia bankruptcy update
- The Salisbury, North Carolina Train Station
- It’s open!
- Clear Channel files Chapter 11 (finally)
- Revisiting the “trail of tears”
- March Madness
- How would a combined SiriusXM / Clear Channel work?
- My pal Alexa
- Billy Graham dead at 99
- Visiting CLT
- The Clear Channel bankruptcy plan
- Website Status
- February Thread
- IHeart (Clear Channel) skips $106 million interest payment
- Someone needed to say this
- January 2018 randomness
- Parrott said Thats just as bad as the real estate infomercials on the weekends here on the local cumu-lost station, that are pretending to be a news show. They are horrible. Just turn the station off if thats...
- Fred Stiening said “We had to kill the children in Waco to save them” – Janet Reno
- CC1s121LrBGT said “I’ve abandoned free market principles to save the free market system” – George W. Bush
- Fred Stiening said now they have 4 hands to play bridge We went to see Chappaquiddick on Monday afternoon and it occurred to me the similarity between the Bush and Kennedy families _ how the desire to freeze out competi...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’m not really a train buff, but one of my brothers has been and has set up his childhood train set in a spare room. It used to be under our family Christmas tree in the late 60s and early 70s....
- Fred Stiening said As a child I remember going to the basement of the Buhl Planetarium on the North Side of Pittsburgh. Each Christmas Season they had a model railroad club in the basement with a huge Lionel layout. I...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The hungry Chupacabras are circling The Bushes. What will Saddam say?
- Fred Stiening said 65 year old Harry Anderson (Night Court) is now doing card tricks for Art
- TheChairman said My preference was for Santa Fe and Western Pacific. In fact Parrot, I never got very far with big layouts… my life (career) has been rather nomadic, and moving every ~5 years isn’t really...
- Parrott said Hey Chairman, thats cool. What roads did you mainly model ? I mainly stuck to Western Maryland, Chesapeake and Ohio, and some Southern. I have a lot of Norfolk & Western, it just seemed to show...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Parrott, Good news about those lots filling up. Don’t look back at NoVa in the read view, or God may turn you into a pillar of salt. 😉 If you can take I-81 all the way to Roanoke and then US220...
- Parrott said I heard that CC, last Monday. I was driving to Mordor ( NOVA) and you can start to pickup WMAL AM 630 around Woodstock VA. on I-81. His show was coming on and he started talking about Mike McKa...
- CC1s121LrBGT said “If you don’t eat yer meat, you can’t have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat yer meat?!” With a spork, can we cut our meat? The Brits love thei
- CC1s121LrBGT said As an engineer grounded in science and with a degree in business, I was always 100% fact based until I first heard Art Bell in 1994 or 1995. He was my introduction to “social media” throug...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Nothing wrong with saying anti-Christian things, anti-Muslem things, anti-Jewish things or whatever your personal belief system is. I don’t think Savage ever encouraged beheadings, suicidal bom...
- Fred Stiening said This is a fuzzy memory, but Savage had been on some Salem stations and he was booted off. It may have been his vile personal attack on Anne Coulter for having the audacity to state that people of her...
- CC1s121LrBGT said We saw Larry’s Elder and Kudlow take the Salem route. Who would have expect that of the three, only Salem wouldn’t go up in smoke? Salem has been acquiring and is in most big cities now....
- Fred Stiening said Michael Savage works for Cumulus via Westwood One. Talent contracts can be terminated by the Cumulus bankruptcy proceeding, and Savage is sending out signals that this fact is becoming apparent to h...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about sites that only have a twitter page? I have found a few. They mostly fall into one of two categories: broadcast stations in third world countries that have limited budgets; and streaming on...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Reminds me of Al Gore and Tipper holding hearings to force “record” companies to put age ratings on movies. You’re absolutely right. Similar with beheadings. I generally don’...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background – the defenses mounted in the comments are interesting. http://www.wheremostneeded.org/2007/04/imus_ranch_viol.html The Andrews brothers are described in a CT newspaper...
- Fred Stiening said Having looked a bit more, you can appreciate that if a child searched YouTube for puppy and instead got a video of a dog being killed for food, Youtube had to limit it to adults. Autoplay of related...
- Fred Stiening said That is quite doable
- TheChairman said Perhaps add an icon of the presumed mascot for those stations: a jackass
- Fred Stiening said In solidarity with the “impeach trump 2018” movement, I am removing all references to Facebook in the Radio directory, and reclassifying stations that consider Facebook acceptable as their...
- Fred Stiening said The order arrived on time. The driver works for door dash and other delivery services. Since all he did was pickup at the same store that I would have, there is no need for extra careful insulation....
- Fred Stiening said 872 acres is a lease from the state, not actually owned. The sale is commingling the 501(c)(3) land with the Imus personal property. I wonder how they intend to apportion the proceeds… http:...
- Fred Stiening said Today will be an interesting day. There was no announcement that I saw, but Walmart has apparently started grocery delivery in Charlotte. The shopping + delivery is $9.95, with a minimum $30 order...
- TheChairman said Another model railroader here as well Parrot. Most of my rolling stock kits were from Athern or Walthers. Of course, the first thing I added were Kadee couplers. If Amazon & eBay had existed in...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Good point about the Constitution. Section 8: “The Congress shall have Power …To establish Post Offices and post Roads;” Mission accomplished. Done. No requirement to establish the...
- Fred Stiening said Running the postal service was one of the relatively few enumerated federal powers in the Constitution
- CC1s121LrBGT said April if for Fools, but not evidently for Mike McKay. Mike was Chris Plante’s right hand man going back to 2010 and picked the clips and many of the songs that Chris Plante used to make his sho...
- CC1s121LrBGT said > “President Trump thinks that leaning on the USPS to stop delivering packages below cost will make Amazon go away” I don’t think that Trump thinks that. “Robert Shapiro—fo...
- Parrott said I heard glenn Beck the other day. He is still on the radio. He was attacking Trump and the idea of troops on the border with Mexico. He was saying how wacko Rosanne’s new show was and her bei...
- Parrott said I do like ‘Kato’ HO scale model Boxcars. They are very nice RTR products. If That was available in the early nineties when I was buying up model train parts, I would have liked the drone...
- TheChairman said This should be done with ‘regular army’ troops, not the National Guard. i.e. federal control, not state. As for shooting illegals, that’ll cause PR problems; setting up large ‘...
- Fred Stiening said The New York Times is doing a good job getting information https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/us/youtube-shooting-nasim-najafi-aghdam.html She had a Youtube following in Iran Her family are baha’...
- Fred Stiening said I have come up with a plausible theory. Her parents are Persians (Iran) and she has a strong accent, which suggests she is not a third generation American. Dad called the police and reported their...
- Fred Stiening said Nancy Pelosi turned out to be right. http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37875436/hawaiis-low-unemployment-rate-masks-underlying-problems The decrease in unemployment in Hawaii is creating rising wa...
- Fred Stiening said I think an even cleverer idea would be a Department of Nothing, headed by Nobody. “hey, who do I talk to about getting Fedeal funding for my azeala garden?” You need to get an application...
- Fred Stiening said I installed a new plugin today that limits the length of comments.
- CC1s121LrBGT said We need new common sense Universe laws to prevent this and a new Universe Security tax at the UN to fund it. Let’s start with the federal government – we need a Universe Protection Agency...
- Fred Stiening said I’m glad Trump is President, but I am not sure he is a good chess player like Putin. Deploying our military on the Mexican border is what many people have wanted for decades – but don̵...
- Fred Stiening said Look at this piece of science reporting drivel http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/universe-could-be-destroyed-by-huge-energy-bubble-and-scientists-warn-process-may-have-begun/news-story/d...
- CC1s121LrBGT said > “The stock is highly dependent on the rate they have to pay for music royalties for on-demand listening, and there is no reason to think that expense will go down” The Democrats have...
- Fred Stiening said For those otherwise occupied, there was a shooting at the Youtube headquarters in California. The shooter was a young woman of Iranian background (many of her videos were in Farsi). She was a vega...
- Fred Stiening said The opening trade will likely be the highest trading price for a very long time. The stock closed down in the high 140s and continues down today, as Donald Trump continues to drain the global trading...
- Fred Stiening said So if someone posted a video of former President Obama shooting at clay pigeons, it would be banned as inciting violence? How about video of nuclear weapons exploding from the era of atmospheric test...
- Parrott said OKay, here is the flashlight sun. You know, I like a good conspiracy, but this. This lady is out there : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlFMai5egvc&feature=youtu.be They are banning firearm...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The shooter at youtube yesterday had been upset because youtube had demonetized her youtube channel so that she could not earn money or advertising revenue. A lot of people have invested vast amounts...
Category Archives: Volunteer
The FCC databases were built for a specific purpose in 1979 – to perpetuate a manual paper process that went back to at least 1922 – before the FCC was created in 1934. The data is organized based on the … Continue reading
When looking at stations in the format where you are Czar, the scanner attempts to draw your attention to words in the title, keywords, or text of a web page which tend to confirm or refute the category. This is … Continue reading
When the “needs review” scanner looks at a station, near the end it looks to see if the stream has changed (or been added for a station that didn’t used to stream) First it looks to see if the current … Continue reading
FM translators used to be a very minor part of the radio business. Following several FCC decisions, they have become really huge, and the directory has to deal with them. There are five normal uses for an FM translator – … Continue reading
Radio station web sites come and go, that’s just a fact of life. In a perfect world, the old site redirects to the new web site, but even so, the format of the station probably changed. How do you fix … Continue reading
Now that we can attach comments to posts, the people helping can post examples on questions to talk about. Just add a new comment to this thread, which will become the sticky thread after Trump is elected. CharlotteNC (my powerless … Continue reading
15 years of “legacy” coding is a burden. When the core of this web site was written, people were connecting over 56 kb modems, using Windows 95 and using Microsoft Exploder 3.0 or AOL. Ah, the good old days before … Continue reading
This is mostly for recall after I go senile, but here goes nothing. Using the example posted above, this is the objective: We want to be able to paste in the URL and have the editor offer up the option … Continue reading
In case someone from HDradio wanders by today wondering why this service scraped their list overnight 😉 The list of all HD channels on the HD Radio ™ Web site has 3818 channels as of this morning, but you can … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.