- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- The Pullitzer for Daily Caller
- Joe Rago is dead
- It is Made in America day
- Amazon Fire
- Picking your grapes
- Chris Christie’s Radio debut
- Global Competition
- The Obama military
- July sunshine
- Charlotte bathroom update
- Trump has a new bulldog
- Used coffee cups
- Liberal web site creating fake “Conservative” news
- New York Observer
- 2017 Darwin award nominee
- Tree or not?
- Cumulus launches rights plan
- June bugging
- Merkel on Trump / Brexit
- The demise of NASCAR
- What is the purpose of Voice of America?
- Our stalker Ex President
- Getting ready for war
- Countess gets the goat
- The end of AM radio
- “Being a felon means I’m disabled”
- Social “Security”
- Get your nose on
- Fresh Goat Brains
- Get prepared for ATSC 3.0
- The Urge to Merge
- Becoming a real man
- haiti222 said P.S. On Chrome/Windows, your graphics are showing up, but there is still an unsafe warning. On my Chromebook, it’s blocking the graphics inserted into posts.
- haiti222 said I think I have read just about everything you have written in the various versions of the blog for around 10 years now, as they were interesting and I always valued thinking about your opinion. You no...
- countess robini said thank you, dear brian.
- janderson said Good luck from a looong time lurker. Thanks for all the effort.
- briand75 said Truly – two heads are better than one. God bless you both.
- Fred Stiening said Thank you. For those who have been here since 2009, having someone you love who loves you makes all the difference in the world. In 2009, I nearly died when I collapsed in my kitchen living by myself...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Fred, We’ve annoyed each other from time to time, but I have really appreciated your site and the work you did that benefited me and so many others. One of the things that I continue to use reg...
- briand75 said A more deserving couple, I cannot imagine. This has always been a labor of fun and learning for me. I truly enjoy all of the folks here and always have. I cannot quantify what I have learned here as w...
- Fred Stiening said Bill Kristol chimes in http://michellemalkin.com/2017/07/19/manufacturing-hate-for-made-in-america/
- Fred Stiening said Welcome home 😉 The Cheerwine folks went to the White House as part of President Trump’s Make America Great again presentation. While the video was a bit goofy, President Trump’s presentati...
- Fred Stiening said I remember seeing that once upon a time – the list of stations seems very incomplete
- haiti222 said In France, they bend the work rules to let people harvest grapes. The pay rules are complicated, and they often hold back most of the pay until the season is over to keep people from leaving. I guess...
- haiti222 said My friend sent me this site, which is a neat way to find radio stations geographically. http://radio.garden/live
- haiti222 said I was fortunate enough to be in Europe for three weeks, so I am catching up with what’s been going on here. Right before that, my daughter made her first trip to North Carolina, and Cheerwine an...
- briand75 said I realized how long it’s been since we were proud of “made in America” – over 30 years. That shows me how sadly misguided society is today and how very long the road is to reco
- Fred Stiening said The website now recognizes the Kindle Fire as a tablet, which makes it work better
- Fred Stiening said John Gibson has moved to the GCN conspiracy network at the noon-3PM ET time zone. Tom Sullivan has picked up a new syndicator http://talkmedianetwork.com Talk media Network has a tiny footprint in rad...
- Fred Stiening said The clapper has gone on hiatus. It had a habit of turning the light on in the middle of the night.
- Fred Stiening said In 2015, over 25,000 people in India died from railway accidents, over 18,000 from falling from trains http://ncrb.gov.in/StatPublications/ADSI/ADSI2015/table-1A.12.pdf
- Fred Stiening said Caesar Chavez worked hard to keep undocumented immigrant workers out of the fields, but his union perhaps has softened on the issue. I found it interesting how the grape vines are manicured to make t...
- Fred Stiening said Progressive talk KPHX-AM in Phoenix AZ has ceased broadcasting. It was unable to adjust to the shutdown of a satellite on June 30th and repoint their antenna dish.
- briand75 said Unionized pickers? Grapes are one of the more difficult crops to pick for sure. I compliment those folks for their knowledge of the right process. It’s Kalifornia though, which we ceded back to...
- briand75 said What an amazing thing – once a golden child of the Republican Party and now a laughing stock with a tin ear.
- Fred Stiening said India – India Railways people at road crossings for this purpose. They also throw distant mainline switches by hand, something we generally stopped doing in the 1920s
- Fred Stiening said WDTW-AM in Detroit has switched to a Regional Mexican format with a new web site http://www.laz1310.com/
- briand75 said Fascinating 🙂 Where is this train – Thailand?
- briand75 said Having spent years in the service, as much as it seems Obama is at fault – and he is for many reasons – this type of nonsense went on back in the 70’s when I was serving. I can tell...
- Fred Stiening said The doctor who went on the killing spree n the Bronx hospital was from Nigeria
- TheChairman said Or women will lift the toilet seat for us…
- Fred Stiening said Perhaps men will be enlightened some day and sit down while urinating.
- briand75 said I step back occasionally to muse over the human race – what a strange lot we are! Our ancestors stooped behind the nearest tree or rock outcropping and now we have concern over gender specific s...
- Fred Stiening said Yes, Deer, right away Spotted around sunset ambling nonchalantly through the parking lot of the Art Stone castle
- TheJerseyDevil said Or as Chayet says, “Lookinnnnnnng at the lawwwwww.”
- TheJerseyDevil said Sekulow is one of the best at explaining legal issues in a clear and understandable way. He is focused and not easily distracted. Trump would be well advised to embrace his counsel.
- Fred Stiening said It sounds like both ships had issues. There have been movies built around the dilemma of whether you close off water tight doors to keep the ship from sinking at the cost of trapping people inside....
- TheChairman said The more information I glean from this incident and the ensuing deaths, the more questions I have about the crew and command of the naval vessel. Their communications systems were “out” f...
- Fred Stiening said The cargo ship that hit the USS Fitzgerald was on autopilot and did not show signs of a human reacting for 15 minutes http://freebeacon.com/national-security/freighter-autopilot-hit-us-destroyer/
- Fred Stiening said Neil “looking at the law” Chayet has aggressive cancer and is retiring
- Fred Stiening said It looks like Hewitt will be going to MSNBC http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/msnbc-gives-conservative-radio-host-hugh-hewitt-a-show-1015923 Saturday Morning at 8 AM ET is a really sweet spot for...
- Fred Stiening said This fits into the “tree falls in a forest” thing. Fox News Radio did well with the top of hour news after Cumulus pulled the plug on its involvement with ABC news, but the talk programs...
- TheJerseyDevil said AllAccess.com reports changes at Fox News Talk. John Gibson departs the network as of July 4 and Todd Starnes replaces him from noon to 3 Eastern. Tom Shillue replaces the “retiring” Tom S...
- TheChairman said Personally, I don’t consider rinsing out bottles, cans, etc to be OCD… it simply makes good sense, unless you want to attract unwelcome guests. The wife and I both rinse off before throw...
- Fred Stiening said North Carolina is less aggressive than Connecticut where I used to live, possibly because we still have land for landfills instead of shipping our waste to Michigan by train. There is no bottle depo...
- briand75 said You folks may have single stream recycling there in Charlotte. We have it in Ohio. If you think about the sorting capability of the various machines, you realize it isn’t near 100 percent that i...
- briand75 said Amazing – the ultimate scam artists – probably in the universe – are humans. Devious and often malicious, it amazes me how far folks will go to harm people or, in this case, make com...
- Fred Stiening said One observation was the IT shrugging his shoulders when she asked him why Kushner was running Windows on a Mac – I interpreted more as the IT guy not wanting to wasting his time to explain it to...
- briand75 said The WaPo thing is a hit piece. I always wonder what the point is? The Alinsky approach of destroying your enemy’s credibility is all I can come up with. What kind of stupid planet do I live on t...
- briand75 said I ran analytics on Cumulus and the result was a sea of red indicating that the longevity of Cumulus is very much in question.
- Fred Stiening said Mosul: we had to destroy it to save it https://www.voanews.com/a/dispatch-from-disaster-zone-in-mosul/3896952.html
- briand75 said Makes sense – especially the Medicaid part. I missed the heavy drinker part of the story, but that makes sense.
Category Archives: Presidential Elections
Here is the complete text of Huey Long’s speech to the nation in the 1934 broadcast nationwide on the NBC radio network. http://www.hueylong.com/programs/share-our-wealth-speech.php As you read it, see how much it shares with the speeches of Donald Trump and Bernie … Continue reading
CC (can I call you C for short) posted this so deep in comments that people won’t see it – it’s worthy of its own thread http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/cleveland-hero-charles-ramsey-8702415 I’m shocked, I tell you. CC noticed (and I did as well) Mr … Continue reading
http://wchbnewsdetroit.com/2429656/detroit-home-owner-claims-she-and-her-baby-are-forced-to-live-with-squatter/?omcamp=DNL-DNL Unless things have changed in Detroit, Ms. Peterson has zero chance of a court ruling in her favor. She’ll be lucky if the publicity of this situation doesn’t result in a group of people arriving at her house and … Continue reading
If you weren’t glued to C-SPAN all afternoon, you could have missed this. Fox News Radio specifally covered it up on the top of the hour. There is big trouble brewing inside the Democratic Party. A party’s “platform” is mostly … Continue reading
If the name sounds familiar, Park Ridge is the Chicago suburb where a young Hillary Clinton grew up and began to admire Barry Goldwater – before she went off to college and was consumed by the charms of Bill Clinton. … Continue reading
House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, the individual who has the legal responsibility to pass a budget in the House and send it to the Senate for approval, which he has done like clockwork – only to have Harry S. … Continue reading
Back on July 4th, I posted some thoughts about how much work it took by our society that I was able to eat a meal at Penn Station in New York City – how the water was being carried by … Continue reading
That’s the message WOL-AM in Washington DC heard http://woldcnews.com/1017127/mitt-romneys-naacp-speech-hes-wasnt-even-pretending-to-care/ Hey, it worked for Bill Clinton and Sister Souljah http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/does-romney-need-a-sister-souljah-moment–20120312 In other Communisty news, Jesse Jackson Jr, a current member of the US House from Chicago has vanished without explanation. Dad … Continue reading
In Saudi Arabia, women are property, have no right to vote, and are not allowed to drive. The country is officially 100% Muslim as not being Muslim is a capital offense. There are no elections. There is no Democracy or … Continue reading
This story becomes interesting now that President Obama has announced he supports Gay Marriage, creating an opportunity for Republicans if they only understood a bit more how fragile the Democratic Party alliance is (and actually wanted to win). One of … Continue reading