- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Can you spell “Deportation”?
- The coming water famine
- Testing bias
- Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts hits the showers
- America’s Master Handyman has laid down his last hammer
- Is Donald Trump riding the “9/11 thruther” train?
- The Equifax mess
- Chicken and egg
- Freedom Park
- Hugo Redux
- For Sale: NY Daily News – $1 or best offer
- Putin on North Korea
- September is for surprises
- The Christian Onion
- Consider the implications, amigos…
- Friday afternoon surprise!
- seb gorka resigns as white house advisor
- The other war in the Middle East
- Doing this will make you go blind
- buck sexton now live on the blaze radio
- 1,000 new FM “stations” to save AM
- Setting the table
- Reasons for hope at VOA
- Fired Google employee speaks out
- Pay to not play
- Caught Red Handed
- Real Diversity
- Schuye LaRue is living on the streets of Washington, D.C. … and she doesn’t want your help
- It’s PGA week
- August is for autumn
- Blow back
- Tom Taylor tells the radio world
- The Pullitzer for Daily Caller
- countess robini said for a philly girl, it was neat to listen to all those old commercials. thanks.
- countess robini said you can be old-fashioned here. it’s fine.
- TheChairman said Welcome back Parrot. I’ve been drifting in and out, busy selling our MI house. September is okay, but we’re getting a ‘last blast’ of summer this weekend: high 80’s low...
- Parrott said Hey parrott is back How are you all ? I have been away at work , hate the work. I hope all is well , and no hurricane is knocking on your dooor. I watched San Andreas movie again. Good lu...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Two updates. Bloomberg article today on Nestlé making billions selling water it pays almost nothing for, “often going into economically depressed municipalities with the promise of jobs and new...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Black conservative Salem talk show host from Tampa named Kevin Jackson was on the Tucker Carlson show earlier in the week talking about how the Congressional Black Caucus was undermining the careers o...
- Fred Stiening said If it makes her feel any better, everyone is treated like crap. Back in July, I wrote about my experience at another store owned by the same franchisee http://streamingradioguide.com/startingover/?p=1...
- Fred Stiening said Heidi Harris has been dumped from KXNT-AM in Las Vegas for posting her opinion on Facebook that children put up for adoption should be placed with married couples, nit two gay guys http://www.ktnv.com...
- Fred Stiening said Except for the credit default swaps
- Fred Stiening said Already bankrupt Puerto Rico is being clobbered by Hurricane Maria… “Maria – I just met a wind named Maria, and suddenly that name will never be the same to me”
- Fred Stiening said It is only the US part of the company. I wonder if the proceeds of the debt was sent outside the country. Goldman Sachs fingerprints are all over this deal… http://nypost.com/2017/09/19/toys...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Toys’R’Us was a great place to take kids to see the toys advertised during their cartoons – like the Sears catalog was for us in the 1960s. When I first went there, they did have st...
- briand75 said I see they actually did file Bankruptcy today. My late wife used to work there many years ago and it was as you describe back then. There have been buyouts/mergers since which seem to have made the co...
- Fred Stiening said Over the years, I went in their stores a couple times. I expected a welcoming environment with a talking giraffe. Perhaps some model trains or toys set up to experience. What I found was open ra...
- Fred Stiening said Now that the mayor has been voted out, she decided without notice to remove the opening prayer from the start of city council meetings http://m.wbtv.com/wbtv/db_330726/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=1z...
- briand75 said Amazing how much of retail is distressed. Yes – Amazon and other online merchants cut deep into brick and mortar sales, but Toys R Us has the presence where kids can see and touch – isn...
- Fred Stiening said Toys ‘R Us expected to file bankruptcy http://fortune.com/2017/09/18/toys-r-us-bankruptcy-declaration/
- Fred Stiening said You and I were both fooled 😉 It is Ontario California, not Ontario Canada, eh The Youtube sensation Indiana Jack hates driving loads carrying bottled water. He particularly despises Nestle, who is tr...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It’s a trick. Using the name Niagara (as in Niagara Falls) Bottling and the location of Ontario (also as in Niagara Falls) creates an image of plentiful free flowing fresh water. Look a little...
- briand75 said Looks to me that you could treat sewer water that way and come up with potable water. Advanced filtration is carbon filter and resin. Reverse Osmosis removes all but the smallest of molecules and Ozon...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Frank Rizzo had several controversial careers. Local people knew him for his police work and then elected him as mayor… and that is how most people outside the area know him. After he was mayor,...
- Fred Stiening said That could be useful for cutting cheese
- Fred Stiening said Rolling Stone is for sale https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/17/business/rolling-stone-magazine-sale.html?_r=0
- countess robini said there’s been a flap recently in philly over a statue of former mayor frank rizzo that’s been on public display for years. i talked to my sister in jersey a few days ago and she informed m...
- countess robini said dearest parrott: the ap stylebook is the bible of punctuation in the newsroom. ap says the period belongs inside the parens.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I think most people, liberal, conservative and libertarian are against stereotyping based on appearance. The idea is that we can’t control our appearance. Most also wanted to hold people accoun...
- TheChairman said The irony of the facial recognition (AI) software is that it essentially does what liberals say nobody should do… stereotyping based on appearance or behavior. Moreover, it implies the people c...
- Fred Stiening said I learned today that Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah), leader of the #nevertrump movement, is related to the Udalls. His dad was a first cousin of Senator Mo Udall. Mormons are smart enough to not throw...
- briand75 said Gall – lots of it. Today’s bunch of bedwetters is just about to make my head explode (homage to the old Glenn Beck). Could someone stop these morons from rewriting history? Last I checked,...
- CC1s121LrBGT said > “The swiss added milk to chocolate so lactose intolerant people of color woukd not steal the treat intended for royalty.” Maybe next year we will see a hurrucane Irma story of how dec...
- CC1s121LrBGT said In the news about a week ago was an item about someone from the UK that trained a computer by studying facial pictures. The first story said that if you present it with a facial picture, it will tell...
- Fred Stiening said The original was written in 2008 or earlier. Here is the update in 2017 http://www.worldcocoafoundation.org/about-cocoa/history-of-cocoa/ Today’s website is full of buzzwords like sustainabilit...
- Fred Stiening said The eighth grade non-fiction item is about the history of chocolate. It is heavily loaded with white European hegemony over the natives of the Western Hemisphere, and too many microaggressions to co...
- Fred Stiening said Through the magic of virtualization and super fast communications lines, SRGuide was moved from one data center in Dallas to another. The transfer was completed in about 7 minutes with nothing more...
- TheChairman said Fred, you’ve touched upon something that struck me when reading this piece… a focus on the words ‘race’ and ‘superior’. My answer for question #3 was A, based on p...
- briand75 said Agreed – disinformation for the sake of obfuscation. Tests that test: SAT, AP, etc. Tests that test your ability to take tests: GMAT and possibly this little gem 🙂
- Fred Stiening said The answers are at the end. I struggle with these types of tests as I get distracted (which is the purpose) by obviously untrue information. Cranes and hummingbirds do not have different habitats be...
- briand75 said I find the selection is amazing. Third graders are what – 8 yrs old? The subject matter as well as the questions seem more like 6th grade level. Maybe it’s just me. I have been out of scho...
- briand75 said Charlotte is a big city. Hopefully, Ms. Roberts won’t let the door hit her in the derriere on the way out.
- briand75 said I wonder if there is a medical condition in the brain that leads to liberalism/progressivism?
- Fred Stiening said According to FP&L, of the 4.4 million who lost power, 2.7 million are back online http://www.fplmaps.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said I was streaming BBC Radio 5 this morning and they had a split broadcast between the UK and South Korea, interviewing Korean students at both locations, mainly regarding their feelings about the tensio...
- TheChairman said Oddly enough, today I saw a news clip from a WINK TV crew in Lehigh, FL… lo and behold, my brother-in-law (county employee) was on camera, working hard to clear the roadways. I lived in that are...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Thanks, JerseyDevil. I believe KCMO in Kansas City also has him from 10-1 ET, for the full three hours (with a one hour delay. ) Reliable live streams seem to be WGOW AM Chattanooga, WXML in CT and t...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I hope they are alright down there, Chairman. Lee County does not have the Caribbean and South American immigration that Dade and Broward have, and it not associated with the same level of looting as...
- TheJerseyDevil said Seems a lot of us here like Chris Plante. WVLK in Lexington, Ky. has added him to their lineup in the 10 am-noon Eastern slot. He replaces Lee Cruse, who has a lot going on as morning news and midday...
- TheChairman said Thanks CC. I’m watching a livestream situation update from FP&L estimating power fully restored in Lee county by Sept 22… ouch! It’s hot and humid ~ 95 deg. All my relatives...
- haiti222 said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcKlPhFIE7w&t=500s Listen to his thoughts on 9/11 itself. The main part starts at around the 5 and 1/2 minute mark.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I like your pun regarding the eye. I just to live in Florida and see the tourist t-shirts that said “My parents went to Florida and all I got was this t-shirt.” It was back in the 80s an...
- TheChairman said To clarify, I’m talking about surge on the gulf coast. People focus on the ‘eye wall’, but angular velocity and surge is strongest on the northeast quadrant of a hurricane (in the n...
Category Archives: Presidential Elections
Here is the complete text of Huey Long’s speech to the nation in the 1934 broadcast nationwide on the NBC radio network. http://www.hueylong.com/programs/share-our-wealth-speech.php As you read it, see how much it shares with the speeches of Donald Trump and Bernie … Continue reading
CC (can I call you C for short) posted this so deep in comments that people won’t see it – it’s worthy of its own thread http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/cleveland-hero-charles-ramsey-8702415 I’m shocked, I tell you. CC noticed (and I did as well) Mr … Continue reading
http://wchbnewsdetroit.com/2429656/detroit-home-owner-claims-she-and-her-baby-are-forced-to-live-with-squatter/?omcamp=DNL-DNL Unless things have changed in Detroit, Ms. Peterson has zero chance of a court ruling in her favor. She’ll be lucky if the publicity of this situation doesn’t result in a group of people arriving at her house and … Continue reading
If you weren’t glued to C-SPAN all afternoon, you could have missed this. Fox News Radio specifally covered it up on the top of the hour. There is big trouble brewing inside the Democratic Party. A party’s “platform” is mostly … Continue reading
If the name sounds familiar, Park Ridge is the Chicago suburb where a young Hillary Clinton grew up and began to admire Barry Goldwater – before she went off to college and was consumed by the charms of Bill Clinton. … Continue reading
House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, the individual who has the legal responsibility to pass a budget in the House and send it to the Senate for approval, which he has done like clockwork – only to have Harry S. … Continue reading
Back on July 4th, I posted some thoughts about how much work it took by our society that I was able to eat a meal at Penn Station in New York City – how the water was being carried by … Continue reading
That’s the message WOL-AM in Washington DC heard http://woldcnews.com/1017127/mitt-romneys-naacp-speech-hes-wasnt-even-pretending-to-care/ Hey, it worked for Bill Clinton and Sister Souljah http://mobile.nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campaign/does-romney-need-a-sister-souljah-moment–20120312 In other Communisty news, Jesse Jackson Jr, a current member of the US House from Chicago has vanished without explanation. Dad … Continue reading
In Saudi Arabia, women are property, have no right to vote, and are not allowed to drive. The country is officially 100% Muslim as not being Muslim is a capital offense. There are no elections. There is no Democracy or … Continue reading
This story becomes interesting now that President Obama has announced he supports Gay Marriage, creating an opportunity for Republicans if they only understood a bit more how fragile the Democratic Party alliance is (and actually wanted to win). One of … Continue reading