- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- GDPR Notice
- Slogging in the swamp
- Bet the Farm
- Login issues
- iHeart’s future
- Alpha is next
- The changing political landscape of Charlotte
- Taking the Jump
- “American” Car Jobs
- John F Kerry is colluding with Iran
- Explain this
- Townsquare’s survival plan
- Public radio acquires podcaster
- May we hep you?
- House unanimously passes Music Royalty reform act
- Parting of the Ways
- A Life Changer
- Milepost for the future of AM
- Yahoo updates its TOS
- Mignon Clyburn heads for the exit
- Art Bell finds out the truth about Chupacabras
- The fate of the Imus Ranch
- New York City retail is dead
- Siri has a new boyfriend
- Will Trump destroy Amazon?
- The new focus
- So about that viral hug photo
- April is for fools
- The search for an Imus replacement begins
- The curtain closes on Don Imus
- EU GPDR is coming in May 2018
- $1.6 billion thanks
- Send in the Clouds
- Clear Channel / iHeartmedia bankruptcy update
- TheChairman said It’s hard to drain the swamp when it’s supplied by a spring-fed rabbit hole…
- Fred Stiening said The Tunein app on Roku appears to be broken. Tunein is working normally on iOS, Fire tablets (android) and Fire TV stick
- Parrott said That doesn’t help CC : ) I remember going to the drive in and seeing ‘up in smoke’ ? I think that was one of their movies. There were several. I remember when I was a kid s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said In all fairness to the EU, they were just following the Clinton administration’s lead in suing Microsoft for being a monopoly on Windows computers. The EU wanted to milk that same cash cow that...
- Fred Stiening said You are correct https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/4966/what-is-the-difference-between-a-turbofan-and-a-turboprop-engine
- Fred Stiening said The most “over the line” aspect is that GDPR considers the IP address of a visitor to be “protected personal information” requiring consent if the data is stored. At the same...
- Fred Stiening said When the EU demanded that Microsoft turn over the source code to Windows, they should have declared that Microsoft would no longer sell or support Microsoft products in Europe and disabled access to a...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The EU has already filed lawsuits against companies that gave Europeans the option of consenting to how they use the data or no longer using their website… coercion, they say… not what th...
- CC1s121LrBGT said LOL I am old enough to remember the Frito Bandito and the controversy regarding it being “anti-Mexican”. I just found one of the old commercials. One reader comment says that Mel Blanc w...
- Fred Stiening said I would feel like eating a bag of Cheetos, man.
- CC1s121LrBGT said What would require less of an investment, building a light rail system through a city that clogs traffic, or simply programming a driverless bus to follow the “pretend” light rail tracks t...
- CC1s121LrBGT said “So what evidence did the FBI have against Hatfill? There was none, so the agency did a Hail Mary, importing two bloodhounds from California whose handlers claimed could sniff the scent of the k...
- Fred Stiening said I was reminded by comments on a story that Mueller was very much involved in the FBI case in Boston where the FBI framed 4 innocent men to protect Mobster “Whitey” Bolger. Without a doubt...
- prboylan said “Turbofan”, not “turboprop”. The C-5 is not all that slow by commercial passenger jet standards, 518 mph with a range of 4800 miles. The C-5M can carry two M1 Abrams tanks....
- Fred Stiening said At least BET is beginning to see the consequences of their demand that police officers wear body cams https://www.bet.com/news/national/2018/05/23/body-cam-footage-reveals-woman-lied-about-being-sexua...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Would you feel: a:) Older; b.) Younger; or c.) the same If CC pointed out that today is the day that TC (Tommy Chong) of Cheech and Chong fame turns 80 years old?
- CC1s121LrBGT said OMG – Rosenstein had had Mueller’s probe’s polarity reversed all these millions of tax dollars wasted. If only had had Mueller tasked with investigating colluding AGAINST the Russi...
- Fred Stiening said I wasn’t able to find any information on his parents. Countess thinks he looks Russian. Cohen is up to his eyeballs with friends and business associates too close to the Russian mob. Yesterda...
- Fred Stiening said Drink some Geritol. It cures tired blood.
- CC1s121LrBGT said He is connected to GHW Bush going way back and GHW Bush used him to spy on President Carter when he and President Reagan were trying to prevent the President from being re-elected. He is a foreign na...
- Parrott said I sure do feel old. parrott
- Fred Stiening said Having listened to the 2010 book talk at the CATO Institute, Halper was saying 8 years ago everything that Donald Trump believes about China. Trump should appoint him to an important policy position
- Fred Stiening said Countess loves spy stories. She asked me last night if Halper has ties to Henry Kissinger. Since much of his writing has been about China and he worked for Richard Nixon, it is inconceivable that he...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I see Hardy.
- TheChairman said Aural illusions.
- Fred Stiening said Childhood leukemia is apparently caused by parents keeping child isolated from challenges to its immune system, in combination with genetic predisposition https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-05-uk-sci...
- Fred Stiening said I hear “hammy”, but I have significant hearing loss. One of the tricks that more expensive hearing aids do (as demonstrated in the clip) is they take the high frequency channels and lower...
- CC1s121LrBGT said That’s true. It has become a fascinating focus of the internet. When I hear these speed alterations, I continue to hear only yanny. Actually, (I hear “yaMMy” rather than “yaNN...
- Fred Stiening said Little Rock, Arkansas
- Fred Stiening said 154,000 comments so far I bet there is a similar test you could make for Mandarin Chinese. An important aspect of tribal recognition is language artifacts heard by native speakers who learned how to...
- CC1s121LrBGT said May is the month that that “Yanny” versus “Laurel” hearing test went viral. Here is a serious summary (less than 3 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDiXQl7grPQ Here is...
- briand75 said Heck yes! Cattle futures – turn 20k into 30 million in no time. Dang – where do I get a deal like that? Fooey on casinos 🙂
- CC1s121LrBGT said Reminds me of the 1980s and the death of the evening newspaper. Everyone was upset that there would be only morning newspapers left…. Or more to the point with this blog, the 1970s concern of t...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Cattle futures, anyone? Lock her up!
- Fred Stiening said The End of Time has arrived. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/21/business/media/meredith-time-sports-illustrated-fortune-money.html
- Fred Stiening said A similar tactic would be to place two offsetting futures contracts and then your broker awards the winning contract to the bribee and the losing contract to the briber with the broker discretely hand...
- TheChairman said CC, you reminded me of a ‘marble shark’ I encountered in grade school. LOL! It was my earliest introduction to the realities of gambling. I lost some of my favorite marbles engaging in...
- CC1s121LrBGT said About 10 years ago, I learned that Americans are better than average at gambling and in particular much better than Chinese. The source of my information was the newly opened casinos in Macau, an off...
- TheChairman said The person I mention above began at Soaring Eagle Casino in Mt Pleasant, MI… As time progressed, the Detroit casinos opened and he realized those were a bit closer. Then he moved to Denver and...
- Fred Stiening said Another personal anecdote from about 20 years (countess knows all my stories already). Being 40ish and never married, I decided to risk meeting a woman I had met online to see if we might become a th...
- Fred Stiening said I enjoy the office football pools where the person running the thing indirectly assigns which squares are bought by the others. Given the non-random scoring system in football, some of the possible n...
- TheChairman said The same thing happened to someone in my family. It took a similar path, he got pulled into it after he retired… which is a primary target group of casinos located on indian reservations. Our co...
- Parrott said I have a couple relatives like that also Fred. They don’t know shite! Back in the crazy days when I was in college , I knew everything. I had a sports bookie. His name was ‘worm’ ....
- CC1s121LrBGT said Gambling is a bad thing but it can teach good lessons. I learned when I was about 12. I had known more about sports and sports statistics than anyone in my class. I started betting 25 ¢, 10 ¢ and some...
- Fred Stiening said Unfortunately, a close family relative fell for that. He starting playing poker online with make believe money, and thought he was a great poker player because he always won. Then he graduated to r...
- TheChairman said The Sporksbooks have been pushing and waiting in the wings for a long time (20 years), this decision all but assures their monopoly and keeps it ‘in the family’. When I consulted for ̵...
- CC1s121LrBGT said A decade or more ago, shortly after the Congress had passed that illegal law, the federal government arrested a British citizen who ran a Carribean based internet gambling site when he touched down in...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Paging Art Stone, Mr Art Stone to the white courtesy phone, please. ; ) A month ago, there was an outage affecting a number of Logitech Squeezebox Internet Radios. A few years ago, Logitech had left...
- TheChairman said First time I heard that word was when I was about 9 years old, from the movie: “Journey to the Far Side of the Sun” Nope, no bike (the new Indians seem better than Hogs)… but I do ha...
- Parrott said Killer ! ‘Doppleganger’ Thats a word you had to wait a long time to work into a sentence, I bet : ) awesome. Do you have a motorcycle, Chairman ? have a good one, Parrott
Category Archives: Trump 2017
Arthur Waldron is a professor of International Relations in the History Department at the University of Pennsylvania. He was a guest on John Batchelor’s show on April 5th Archive audio At 7:40, John telegraphs that he is going to “get … Continue reading
You didn’t read about this anywhere http://fuelfix.com/blog/2017/04/04/dakota-access-pipeline-complete-readying-for-operations/ With the environmental protestors and their truckloads of gargabe gone, construction of the pipeline from the Bakken oil fields to Illinois is complete. The operator has begun filling the pipeline with oil to … Continue reading
Washington Post The FCC is not part of the executive branch – it is an independent commission that is accountable to Congress. The only authority the FCC has is to do those things delegated to it by Congress by law … Continue reading
China’s new megalopolis (NBC News) While the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines suffered through years of politically motivated delays, China is moving forward with a clear plan to turn China and its 1.4 billion people into the world’s largest … Continue reading
The more geeky among you may be aware that Google offers a “free” DNS lookup service that tends to be more reliable than your Internet Provider. By adding in 18.104.22.168 as your domain server, your computer will ask google to … Continue reading
Boston Herald Anthem provides Blue Cross / Blue Shield nationally for employers with employees scattered all over the country. Their main customer is the United States government – which gave the Obama administration substantial leverage to blackmail Anthem. The Affordable … Continue reading
A truly phenomenal book has reached #1 on the Amazon best seller list. The book is titled Reasons to vote for Democrats By Michael J Knowles. The jacket includes an endorsement by radio talk show host Ben Shapiro. The book … Continue reading
Hold on tight B1, B52s to South Korea 82nd airborne “boots on the ground” in Kuwait
http://www.wbtv.com/story/34715588/charlotte-business-owner-arrested-by-ice-faces-deportation “Concrete” business owner who has been in the country illegally for 8 years fighting deportation and running a business for two years has been taken into custody by ICE and is headed back to Mexico. The story doesn’t mention … Continue reading
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-09/in-private-trump-flashes-charm-humor-and-energy-with-lawmakers It’s time to play “let’s make a deal”!