- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- A Life Changer
- Milepost for the future of AM
- Yahoo updates its TOS
- Mignon Clyburn heads for the exit
- Art Bell finds out the truth about Chupacabras
- The fate of the Imus Ranch
- New York City retail is dead
- Siri has a new boyfriend
- Will Trump destroy Amazon?
- The new focus
- So about that viral hug photo
- April is for fools
- The search for an Imus replacement begins
- The curtain closes on Don Imus
- EU GPDR is coming in May 2018
- $1.6 billion thanks
- Send in the Clouds
- Clear Channel / iHeartmedia bankruptcy update
- The Salisbury, North Carolina Train Station
- It’s open!
- Clear Channel files Chapter 11 (finally)
- Revisiting the “trail of tears”
- March Madness
- How would a combined SiriusXM / Clear Channel work?
- My pal Alexa
- Billy Graham dead at 99
- Visiting CLT
- The Clear Channel bankruptcy plan
- Website Status
- February Thread
- IHeart (Clear Channel) skips $106 million interest payment
- Someone needed to say this
- TheChairman said Fred, you’ve always kept me guessing as to whether you are an independent, moderate or social conservative… no matter, I was fairly certain you weren’t a supporter of Hillary or Oba...
- Parrott said yeah I agree, I voted for Palin, unfortunately McLame was on the ticket. McCain was establishment. He is still establishment likes big government. Love the pic of him in Syria meeting with Isis....
- TheChairman said The two party system is wholly reinforced by the media… whenever there is hint of a -real- 3rd party, the MSM dutifully goes on the attack by saying “you’re throwing away your vote.&...
- Fred Stiening said I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with “W” Bush, even though I voted for him twice. Countess and I recently watched a fictionalized movie about the 2008 collapse, told from the per...
- Parrott said Oh, to follow up on my previous post, just to clarify: I would be lighting the cigar because it is finally warming up, somewhat ‘Spring’ around here finally. NOT because of the former l...
- Parrott said You know what today is ? 20/APR/2018 well its smokee Mary Jane day, walk out of school to protest reality, and it is also that previous leader of Germany during WWII, birthday. wouldn’...
- Parrott said Hey, I saw on Brietbart that Beck is still losing cash. “Glenn Beck Selling His Private Jet as His Media Empire Crumbles” I tried last week or week before last and he was still a never T...
- Parrott said “Now stand back and watch this drive !” – George W. Bush
- CC1s121LrBGT said To be clear, although I like to kid around, I was not kidding in any way regarding the direct quote above from George W Bush. Here is is speaking them in his own voice on video: https://www.youtube.co...
- CC1s121LrBGT said That is a good article by the Independent in the UK. A very tragic situation with unnecessary loss of life including children in both Waco and at the revenge site of Oklahoma City. No winners in this...
- Fred Stiening said Here is a fairly balanced synopsis https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/waco-tv-series-siege-truth-what-really-happened-david-koresh-branch-davidians-cult-fbi-paramount-a8179936.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said I don’t believe Reno actually said that, but it is what she did. She used a fate anonymous tip that the children were being exposed to illegal drugs (Remember this was immediately after George...
- Parrott said Thats just as bad as the real estate infomercials on the weekends here on the local cumu-lost station, that are pretending to be a news show. They are horrible. Just turn the station off if thats...
- Fred Stiening said “We had to kill the children in Waco to save them” – Janet Reno
- CC1s121LrBGT said “I’ve abandoned free market principles to save the free market system” – George W. Bush
- Fred Stiening said now they have 4 hands to play bridge We went to see Chappaquiddick on Monday afternoon and it occurred to me the similarity between the Bush and Kennedy families _ how the desire to freeze out competi...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’m not really a train buff, but one of my brothers has been and has set up his childhood train set in a spare room. It used to be under our family Christmas tree in the late 60s and early 70s....
- Fred Stiening said As a child I remember going to the basement of the Buhl Planetarium on the North Side of Pittsburgh. Each Christmas Season they had a model railroad club in the basement with a huge Lionel layout. I...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The hungry Chupacabras are circling The Bushes. What will Saddam say?
- Fred Stiening said 65 year old Harry Anderson (Night Court) is now doing card tricks for Art
- TheChairman said My preference was for Santa Fe and Western Pacific. In fact Parrot, I never got very far with big layouts… my life (career) has been rather nomadic, and moving every ~5 years isn’t really...
- Parrott said Hey Chairman, thats cool. What roads did you mainly model ? I mainly stuck to Western Maryland, Chesapeake and Ohio, and some Southern. I have a lot of Norfolk & Western, it just seemed to show...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Parrott, Good news about those lots filling up. Don’t look back at NoVa in the read view, or God may turn you into a pillar of salt. 😉 If you can take I-81 all the way to Roanoke and then US220...
- Parrott said I heard that CC, last Monday. I was driving to Mordor ( NOVA) and you can start to pickup WMAL AM 630 around Woodstock VA. on I-81. His show was coming on and he started talking about Mike McKa...
- CC1s121LrBGT said “If you don’t eat yer meat, you can’t have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat yer meat?!” With a spork, can we cut our meat? The Brits love thei
- CC1s121LrBGT said As an engineer grounded in science and with a degree in business, I was always 100% fact based until I first heard Art Bell in 1994 or 1995. He was my introduction to “social media” throug...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Nothing wrong with saying anti-Christian things, anti-Muslem things, anti-Jewish things or whatever your personal belief system is. I don’t think Savage ever encouraged beheadings, suicidal bom...
- Fred Stiening said This is a fuzzy memory, but Savage had been on some Salem stations and he was booted off. It may have been his vile personal attack on Anne Coulter for having the audacity to state that people of her...
- CC1s121LrBGT said We saw Larry’s Elder and Kudlow take the Salem route. Who would have expect that of the three, only Salem wouldn’t go up in smoke? Salem has been acquiring and is in most big cities now....
- Fred Stiening said Michael Savage works for Cumulus via Westwood One. Talent contracts can be terminated by the Cumulus bankruptcy proceeding, and Savage is sending out signals that this fact is becoming apparent to h...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about sites that only have a twitter page? I have found a few. They mostly fall into one of two categories: broadcast stations in third world countries that have limited budgets; and streaming on...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Reminds me of Al Gore and Tipper holding hearings to force “record” companies to put age ratings on movies. You’re absolutely right. Similar with beheadings. I generally don’...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background – the defenses mounted in the comments are interesting. http://www.wheremostneeded.org/2007/04/imus_ranch_viol.html The Andrews brothers are described in a CT newspaper...
- Fred Stiening said Having looked a bit more, you can appreciate that if a child searched YouTube for puppy and instead got a video of a dog being killed for food, Youtube had to limit it to adults. Autoplay of related...
- Fred Stiening said That is quite doable
- TheChairman said Perhaps add an icon of the presumed mascot for those stations: a jackass
- Fred Stiening said In solidarity with the “impeach trump 2018” movement, I am removing all references to Facebook in the Radio directory, and reclassifying stations that consider Facebook acceptable as their...
- Fred Stiening said The order arrived on time. The driver works for door dash and other delivery services. Since all he did was pickup at the same store that I would have, there is no need for extra careful insulation....
- Fred Stiening said 872 acres is a lease from the state, not actually owned. The sale is commingling the 501(c)(3) land with the Imus personal property. I wonder how they intend to apportion the proceeds… http:...
- Fred Stiening said Today will be an interesting day. There was no announcement that I saw, but Walmart has apparently started grocery delivery in Charlotte. The shopping + delivery is $9.95, with a minimum $30 order...
- TheChairman said Another model railroader here as well Parrot. Most of my rolling stock kits were from Athern or Walthers. Of course, the first thing I added were Kadee couplers. If Amazon & eBay had existed in...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Good point about the Constitution. Section 8: “The Congress shall have Power …To establish Post Offices and post Roads;” Mission accomplished. Done. No requirement to establish the...
- Fred Stiening said Running the postal service was one of the relatively few enumerated federal powers in the Constitution
- CC1s121LrBGT said April if for Fools, but not evidently for Mike McKay. Mike was Chris Plante’s right hand man going back to 2010 and picked the clips and many of the songs that Chris Plante used to make his sho...
- CC1s121LrBGT said > “President Trump thinks that leaning on the USPS to stop delivering packages below cost will make Amazon go away” I don’t think that Trump thinks that. “Robert Shapiro—fo...
- Parrott said I heard glenn Beck the other day. He is still on the radio. He was attacking Trump and the idea of troops on the border with Mexico. He was saying how wacko Rosanne’s new show was and her bei...
- Parrott said I do like ‘Kato’ HO scale model Boxcars. They are very nice RTR products. If That was available in the early nineties when I was buying up model train parts, I would have liked the drone...
- TheChairman said This should be done with ‘regular army’ troops, not the National Guard. i.e. federal control, not state. As for shooting illegals, that’ll cause PR problems; setting up large ‘...
- Fred Stiening said The New York Times is doing a good job getting information https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/us/youtube-shooting-nasim-najafi-aghdam.html She had a Youtube following in Iran Her family are baha’...
- Fred Stiening said I have come up with a plausible theory. Her parents are Persians (Iran) and she has a strong accent, which suggests she is not a third generation American. Dad called the police and reported their...
Category Archives: Examples of Media Bias
This is a bit confusing, but educational There was an event last night called “Gays for Trump”, organized by Milo Yiannopoulos, who works for Breitbart. He is quite the rabble rouser going to college campuses and provoking the free speech … Continue reading
Diane Rehm is 78 years old, matching the demographics of NPR’s midday listeners. What she did this week would have ended the career of anyone else on radio (except perhaps Amy Goodman) Bernie Sanders is the former mayor of Burlington … Continue reading
ABC Radio News fell to an all time low today. Unless you’ve been on vacation (or think Jon Stewart is News), you’ve probably heard that the “Stupid War” in Iraq is back. The group someone is calling ISIS (Islamic State … Continue reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/nyregion/details-of-sharptons-time-as-informer-shed-light-on-a-life-with-many-chapters.html?hpw&rref=nyregion&_r=0 The summary of Tawana Brawley is particularly misleading – she claimed she was raped by a “gang of white men”
During the first hour today, Rush spent a good part of the show talking about the a white House press corps. His revelation is that the press tell the staff what they want to ask questions about, and then the … Continue reading
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/03/11/stonewalled-reporter-quits-cbs-news-frustrated-with-networks-liberal-bias-105605 She has been one of the few TV reporters to actively pursue the Obama administrations improper activities like Fast & Furious and according to this article is writing a book about how the establishment media has circled the wagon … Continue reading
Neese’s is located in Greensboro, NC. In addition to sausage, they are well known for their liver mush, which is probably close to what it sounds like. All I can say is my place smells great and the sausage met … Continue reading
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-kfi-ratings-rush-limbaugh-20140218,0,2400336.story#axzz2tv9o3NgF If you want an example of newspaper constructing a narrative that is fact free, there you go. The reporter started with the conclusion “Rush left KFI-AM and nobody followed him to KTLK-AM!” (now KEIB). What they didn’t know because … Continue reading
If you weren’t glued to C-SPAN all afternoon, you could have missed this. Fox News Radio specifally covered it up on the top of the hour. There is big trouble brewing inside the Democratic Party. A party’s “platform” is mostly … Continue reading