- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- Buying Local
- Can you decipher this?
- 1st annual radio haiku contest
- Alphabet to the rescue
- The final days of CMLS
- SimState: the end of property rights
- The coming German food war
- Multiple choice slavery test
- End of local radio for many
- Deep Thinking
- The shootings in Vegas
- How much diversity is too much?
- Google rethinks its News policy
- October, the Eighth Month
- The Food Bank
- Revenge of the Killer Peaches
- Obamacare Repeal is dead
- Hate Speech
- Danger at the tracks
- Free Speech canceled
- Frida Sofiá was fake news
- Coming to a Youtube video near you
- 13 dead in Puerto Rico, so far
- Can you spell “Deportation”?
- The coming water famine
- Testing bias
- Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts hits the showers
- Fred Stiening said For those who remember: Catawba Football: Up the middle; punt; repeat Time for the Beer Bash
- CC1s121LrBGT said Joy to the water The suds have come. La tierra Recede agua.
- Fred Stiening said And Catawba’s music program is mentioned in InTuneMonthly magazne https://www.intunemonthly.com/college18/ But if you want to find out why, you need to subscribe
- Fred Stiening said One glimmer of hope – Stanback Plaza had a fountain in the central gathering place outside the student center. About 10 years ago, the fountain was drained and filled in with dirt. The ration...
- Fred Stiening said Here is some alt-history for Catawba https://triad-city-beat.com/fresh-eyes-pat-mccrory-for-president/ I was Frank Mianzo’s rommate – for one night. I transferred in late for my sophomore year...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I checked the website and found “Catawba College is ranked #4 among the best colleges in the South. Located in historic Salisbury, NC, it is a private, coeducational liberal arts college”...
- briand75 said “precious snowflakes” – I am having trouble with the word “precious”. Could we substitute something more descriptive – say: “bedwetter”. Catawba isnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said O’er the streams we go A neocon guest tonight Calls from cellphone ring Nighttime open sky What fun it is to drone Strong strong strong strong strong
- briand75 said Amazing that BBQ is so popular! I spent much time in the Southeast US and so I am fond of Pork BBQ. I was taken aback when I spent time in TX as they explained that the only “real” BBQ was...
- briand75 said Stating the obvious: Democrats are, by and large, peevish and illogical children.
- Fred Stiening said A correction – the college friend (who I talked with on Saturday) was from Wadesboro, not Waxhaw 😉 He was not well enough to attend… he was missed by those who knew him
- Fred Stiening said And that was after I ate some – had a sandwich last night and today for lunch from the leftovers. I gained two pounds over the weekend. Friday night we ate at a Japanese steak house similar t...
- Fred Stiening said We don’t have audio, earlier footage, and the 1st shooter may well have had a permit. It is legal to carry a loaded weapon inside your car in North Carolina with the proper permit. There are overla...
- TheChairman said Wow… it looks like you have over 1 pound of pork on that plate!
- TheChairman said Notwithstanding the #2 shooter — he fired too late for “self defense”– the 1st shooter should be arrested for attempted murder. He clearly used a concealed weapon. The recidiv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said CB Radios Silent Since the 70s Analog static
- Fred Stiening said Democrats want to hold hearings to force the 5 FCC commissioners to publicly repudiate Trump’s tweet.
- Fred Stiening said We had brunch yesterday at a farm out in the rural area outside Salisbury. The host mentioned that one of the features of living in the rural area is having to deal with wolves and the occasional bo...
- Fred Stiening said The concept is a bit muddled once you leave the Japanese culture. The Japanese language is based on characters rather than phonetic spelling with discrete syllables. That makes it hard to translate...
- briand75 said Agreed CC. Free speech is necessary for freedom. As for the shooter, I notice they are sending his brain out for analysis.
- briand75 said dogs bark in the dark whirling round the antenna radio today
- Fred Stiening said The guy who shot 2nd has been arrested. He is a convicted felon arrested 10 times in the past 3 years, and just released from prison. His car was spotted at 1 am (probably a license plate reader) a...
- TheChairman said Aha … I wondered why you posted the score, figured perhaps one was your alma mater. The comment on the size of the college was not a ‘dig’. Indeed, my first thought was nice small...
- Fred Stiening said That was a conscious choice – my parents and I agreed that I would do better in a private religious school with small classes, not a public University with classes taught in auditoriums by teach...
- TheChairman said I think my old high school had more students than Catawba…
- Fred Stiening said Final Score – Wingate 27 Catawba 24 🏈
- Fred Stiening said The homecoming football game for Catawba College vs Wingate is tied 24-24
- TheChairman said The Media.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Disrespect for the Judicial System. People feel they have to resolve their disputes in other ways. News this week is that California passed or is about to pass a law to make it legal to knowingly pas...
- briand75 said Sad commentary on our cities. What aspect of our culture allows folks like the shooter to have little or no regard for human life?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. You’re right. I see what I did. I had looked at one of the examples he gave and remembered that the middle line was 2 more than the first and the last line was equal to the first. I saw ...
- TheChairman said Thanks, but as Fred indicated, the traditional pattern is 5-7-5.
- Fred Stiening said German would need 640: Laut den Kommentatoren des Cable News Network traf Donald Trump mit dem russischen Präsidenten Wladimir Putin zusammen, um in den E-Mail-Server der Präsidentschaftskandidatin Hi...
- Fred Stiening said My guess is it is calligraphy, not literal words
- CC1s121LrBGT said I like it because I had worked in Topeka for a while…. and because it breaks the 3-5-3 rule. 😉 There was news last week that Twitter is doing a trial and allowing some users to tweet with 280 ch...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. Watch the actions, not the hype. I am concerned about all the censorship in twitter facebook and google… and the latest story of how the NYT could get their liberal stories placed at th...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I had sent the image to two different OCR websites that support Chinese and neither did a good job recognizing the characters. I’ll email it to someone I know that speaks Chinese. By the way, Ca...
- Fred Stiening said North Korea may have attempted another nuclear test
- Fred Stiening said Special delivery!
- Fred Stiening said I like that, having lived a decade in Oklahoma one year
- TheChairman said A triplet: BEEP! Weather Alert! Severe storm is imminent Take precaution now BEEP! Weather Alert! Follow the yellow brick road Tornado Warning BEEP! Weather Alert! To announce the storm has passed The...
- Fred Stiening said The physical print itself is pretty old. When the original was drawn may be a lot older. It is not the character set that Mao imposed to standardize Chinese. It is probably late 1800s or early 190...
- Fred Stiening said If I didn’t have bad vision, I easily could have seen my life’s work being driving trucks in the middle of the night. My family didn’t have a car until the late 60s, so a lot of my youth was spent ri...
- briand75 said Keeps the twitter-verse whipped into a frenzy. I think that is the whole idea. I wouldn’t want the suggested outcome. We don’t live in a dictatorship (yet).
- briand75 said LOL! If Zsa-Zsa shows up, you are absolutely on target. Disappointing that charlatans have invaded the local scene. Tourists beware!
- briand75 said Any idea when it was created? That would narrow down whether this is a modern character set or not.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I screwed that up and I should know better. The first part was actually part of a StreamingRadioGuide poll that I did a while back. It should not have been Iggy Pop but H. Nilsson as in Harry Nilsson,...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yeah, it’s good. If blinking softly fails to keep them awake, the one about the Chupacabra will “west of the Rockies”.
- TheChairman said I really like this one Fred, excellent! Nice double entendre with ‘blinking softly’ linking the other two lines.
- CC1s121LrBGT said My “Radio” official entry: Iggy Pop, Pretenders, Florida- Georgia Line.
Monthly Archives: September 2011
From now until winter, most small market stations carry high school football. Unlike college and pro football, most high schools want publicity and don’t block streaming of their games, making it pretty obvious what is going on. There is no … Continue reading
Glenn Beck was talking today (It’s Friday) about the changes at McDonalds and how stupid it is for them to try to go “upscale” and leave Ronald McDonald and assembly line meals behind. I don’t get out much any more, … Continue reading
This morning, WELI-AM (Clear Channel in New Haven) ran a commercial suggesting that it would be a great idea to go to Wal-Mart and buy a $130 Pioneer radio for your car. They said to ask about it at the … Continue reading
I’m having trouble finding it, but about a year ago, I wrote a blurb with a picture of the driveway of WJJG. It’s one of the AM stations way past the time to close the doors – kept alive only … Continue reading
He’s the guy who has been running around Yemen, organizing and inspiring attempts to attack the United States. http://www.chron.com/news/article/Yemen-Al-Qaida-s-al-Awlaki-killed-in-airstrike-2192332.php Two days ago, the Yemini military head’s convoy was hit by a suicide bomber who blew up next to the vehicles … Continue reading
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-30/morgan-stanley-seen-as-risky-as-italian-banks-in-swaps-market.html Bloomberg has a story today about Morgan Stanley and the surge in the price of Credit Default Swap (CDS) contracts. A CDS is essentially an insurance contract to offload the risk of owning debt. Company “A” issues debt – … Continue reading
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=60869 It sounds like the DoD Muslim outreach is going well – or was that NASA? Perhaps it’s just a random coincidence that someone would frame a program as “The Five Pillars of…” and be unaware of the fundamentals of … Continue reading
Up until last week, he ran Al Jazeerah http://m.foreignaffairs.com/articles/68300/philip-seib/the-resignation-of-wadah-khanfar-and-the-future-of-al-jazeera I’ve been on the CFR’s mailing list for years, although I rarely read it. Mostly I skim the headlines to see what the globslists are worried about or trying to propogandize
Let’s say hypothetically, 10 years from now – long after Barack Obama has retired and goes back to writing books – a future President or military leader seizes control of the Government, dissolves Congress and imposes martial law to deal … Continue reading