- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- When Free isn’t free
- FBI: Bill Clinton accepted bribes from Russia for Uranium
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- Buying Local
- Can you decipher this?
- 1st annual radio haiku contest
- Alphabet to the rescue
- The final days of CMLS
- SimState: the end of property rights
- The coming German food war
- Multiple choice slavery test
- End of local radio for many
- Deep Thinking
- The shootings in Vegas
- How much diversity is too much?
- Google rethinks its News policy
- October, the Eighth Month
- The Food Bank
- Revenge of the Killer Peaches
- Obamacare Repeal is dead
- Hate Speech
- Danger at the tracks
- Free Speech canceled
- Frida Sofiá was fake news
- Coming to a Youtube video near you
- 13 dead in Puerto Rico, so far
- Can you spell “Deportation”?
- The coming water famine
- Testing bias
- Fred Stiening said http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1994/cp_car/
- CC1s121LrBGT said See? You didn’t need Youtube to inspire you. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said The official story doesn’t pass the smell test. Speculation is that the shooter may have been a government informant that snapped as a result of being mistreated or set up as a fall guy by the r...
- countess robini said i know real, over-the-air radio is dying. (fred brought me to this conclusion; i kicked and screamed all the way.) but not at our house! here, radio lives! what’s inside the package from c cran...
- Fred Stiening said I discovered that with enough pulleys, you could put a car on the roof of the science building
- countess robini said but you didn’t spend all your time at catawba fighting for truth, justice and the american way. you received the 1977 werner von braun award. tell the story, honey.
- Parrott said That was no interview, Ellen laid out the corporate story line and Jesus Julio Iglacious Campost just agreed and shook his head. Nothing to see here , keep moving along. He didn’t want no...
- Parrott said Hey Briand, I heard on the Hagmann and Hagmann report that the CIA is asking for an extension on the Kennedy files that have been sealed. Minimum of 25 more years. I plan on being around, but m...
- Fred Stiening said Google is investing $1 billion in Lyft, the competitor to Uber in tge ride sharing business Yesterday, I was notified that Google Express will deliver from Walmart, but not perishable items
- CC1s121LrBGT said Evidently he showed up for a one time exclusive interview on Wednesday… to the Ellen show and only the Ellen show. Ellen did not interview but instead praised him for saving lives.. that was act...
- Fred Stiening said That might explain why he is unavailable to talk with reporters
- CC1s121LrBGT said Update: “Investigative reporter Laura Loomer obtained an exclusive report about Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos who was shot in the hallway by Stephen Paddock. It appears Campos share...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Update. Yesterday, President Trump met with talk radio shows including Hugh Hewitt, Chris Plante, Mary Walter & Vince Coglianese (WMAL) Tony Katz (WIBC Indianapolis) and Chris Stigall (WPHT) ( s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. First time I read it, I heard it in my inner voice that I seem to hear when reading any material. But they I went back and re-read it and heard it in the voice of Jeannie C. Riley (no relation t...
- Fred Stiening said For those who remember: Catawba Football: Up the middle; punt; repeat Time for the Beer Bash
- CC1s121LrBGT said Joy to the water The suds have come. La tierra Recede agua.
- Fred Stiening said And Catawba’s music program is mentioned in InTuneMonthly magazne https://www.intunemonthly.com/college18/ But if you want to find out why, you need to subscribe
- Fred Stiening said One glimmer of hope – Stanback Plaza had a fountain in the central gathering place outside the student center. About 10 years ago, the fountain was drained and filled in with dirt. The ration...
- Fred Stiening said Here is some alt-history for Catawba https://triad-city-beat.com/fresh-eyes-pat-mccrory-for-president/ I was Frank Mianzo’s rommate – for one night. I transferred in late for my sophomore year...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I checked the website and found “Catawba College is ranked #4 among the best colleges in the South. Located in historic Salisbury, NC, it is a private, coeducational liberal arts college”...
- briand75 said “precious snowflakes” – I am having trouble with the word “precious”. Could we substitute something more descriptive – say: “bedwetter”. Catawba isnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said O’er the streams we go A neocon guest tonight Calls from cellphone ring Nighttime open sky What fun it is to drone Strong strong strong strong strong
- briand75 said Amazing that BBQ is so popular! I spent much time in the Southeast US and so I am fond of Pork BBQ. I was taken aback when I spent time in TX as they explained that the only “real” BBQ was...
- briand75 said Stating the obvious: Democrats are, by and large, peevish and illogical children.
- Fred Stiening said A correction – the college friend (who I talked with on Saturday) was from Wadesboro, not Waxhaw 😉 He was not well enough to attend… he was missed by those who knew him
- Fred Stiening said And that was after I ate some – had a sandwich last night and today for lunch from the leftovers. I gained two pounds over the weekend. Friday night we ate at a Japanese steak house similar t...
- Fred Stiening said We don’t have audio, earlier footage, and the 1st shooter may well have had a permit. It is legal to carry a loaded weapon inside your car in North Carolina with the proper permit. There are overla...
- TheChairman said Wow… it looks like you have over 1 pound of pork on that plate!
- TheChairman said Notwithstanding the #2 shooter — he fired too late for “self defense”– the 1st shooter should be arrested for attempted murder. He clearly used a concealed weapon. The recidiv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said CB Radios Silent Since the 70s Analog static
- Fred Stiening said Democrats want to hold hearings to force the 5 FCC commissioners to publicly repudiate Trump’s tweet.
- Fred Stiening said We had brunch yesterday at a farm out in the rural area outside Salisbury. The host mentioned that one of the features of living in the rural area is having to deal with wolves and the occasional bo...
- Fred Stiening said The concept is a bit muddled once you leave the Japanese culture. The Japanese language is based on characters rather than phonetic spelling with discrete syllables. That makes it hard to translate...
- briand75 said Agreed CC. Free speech is necessary for freedom. As for the shooter, I notice they are sending his brain out for analysis.
- briand75 said dogs bark in the dark whirling round the antenna radio today
- Fred Stiening said The guy who shot 2nd has been arrested. He is a convicted felon arrested 10 times in the past 3 years, and just released from prison. His car was spotted at 1 am (probably a license plate reader) a...
- TheChairman said Aha … I wondered why you posted the score, figured perhaps one was your alma mater. The comment on the size of the college was not a ‘dig’. Indeed, my first thought was nice small...
- Fred Stiening said That was a conscious choice – my parents and I agreed that I would do better in a private religious school with small classes, not a public University with classes taught in auditoriums by teach...
- TheChairman said I think my old high school had more students than Catawba…
- Fred Stiening said Final Score – Wingate 27 Catawba 24 🏈
- Fred Stiening said The homecoming football game for Catawba College vs Wingate is tied 24-24
- TheChairman said The Media.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Disrespect for the Judicial System. People feel they have to resolve their disputes in other ways. News this week is that California passed or is about to pass a law to make it legal to knowingly pas...
- briand75 said Sad commentary on our cities. What aspect of our culture allows folks like the shooter to have little or no regard for human life?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. You’re right. I see what I did. I had looked at one of the examples he gave and remembered that the middle line was 2 more than the first and the last line was equal to the first. I saw ...
- TheChairman said Thanks, but as Fred indicated, the traditional pattern is 5-7-5.
- Fred Stiening said German would need 640: Laut den Kommentatoren des Cable News Network traf Donald Trump mit dem russischen Präsidenten Wladimir Putin zusammen, um in den E-Mail-Server der Präsidentschaftskandidatin Hi...
- Fred Stiening said My guess is it is calligraphy, not literal words
- CC1s121LrBGT said I like it because I had worked in Topeka for a while…. and because it breaks the 3-5-3 rule. 😉 There was news last week that Twitter is doing a trial and allowing some users to tweet with 280 ch...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. Watch the actions, not the hype. I am concerned about all the censorship in twitter facebook and google… and the latest story of how the NYT could get their liberal stories placed at th...
Monthly Archives: November 2011
So Iran “takes over” Britain’s embassy ala the US in 1979 under Jimmy Carter… England expels Iran’s diplomats Mysterious explosions break out at Iran’s nuclear “research” sites. Be Vewy Quiet. France calls for more sanctions on Iran and withdraws its … Continue reading
This is a really big deal on so many levels. KKGN-AM 960 is called “Green 960”. It’s licensed to Oakland California and owned by Clear Channel Radio. Unlike the myth of “evil” Clear Channel by the left, Air America would … Continue reading
For whatever reason, Michael “Savage” Weiner started off his show today trying to lump Barney Frank and Newt Gingrich as being just bookends on the opposite ends of the same shelf… Newt being a person who has “spent his entire … Continue reading
http://www.unspsc.org/ Being the curious guy I am, after playing around with the food prices yesterday, I wondered if there is a [free] source that allows entering a UPC code (perhaps by using your iPhone to scan a barcode) and pulling … Continue reading
“Fraudulent” is my choice of words, not Fitch. Fitch is one of the major credit rating agencies. This story is breaking in the London Financial Times. In the language necessary in their business, they are saying that the CDS (Credit … Continue reading
Time for plain talk. Nutritious foods are important for good health, calories are necessary for survival. With all the “right wing” radio shows pitching “gourmet” survival foods, let’s talk about the reality of their doomsday scenario. The fundamental rule of … Continue reading
We’ve been beating around the bush if you want the US Military to use force to reshape the world. Pakistan was the force behind 9/11, not Afghanistsn, Libya, Iraq or Iran (although they may have supported it to varying degrees). … Continue reading
If you’ve been reading the blogs or paying much attention, you have noticed I’m paying less and less time and attention to talk radio. There isn’t one host left who I think “I have to listen to this today or … Continue reading
Two months ago, I wrote about the naive college professor from the United States who “returned” to Libya to “run” the oil ministry and finances. Who is Ali Tarhouri? My prediction was “I think it likely Mr Tarhouni doesn’t even … Continue reading