- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Billy Graham dead at 99
- Visiting CLT
- The Clear Channel bankruptcy plan
- Website Status
- February Thread
- IHeart (Clear Channel) skips $106 million interest payment
- Someone needed to say this
- January 2018 randomness
- Global Warming, NC style
- A visit with Tony Robbins
- Merry Christmas
- Christmas Shopping – no returns
- Elon Musk sending Tesla car into orbit around Mars
- Random Pictures
- Ken Hamblin has surfaced
- Charlotte has a new planning director!
- KQV-AM to shut down
- Amtrak’s new “high speed” train derails on first day
- Charlotte, the global city
- Ginger Bread season at Ballantyne
- Cumulus changes at Chicago’s WLS
- The List
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- The Cashless Society
- CMLS is toast
- Koch Brothers expected to fund takeover of Time Magazine
- Stuy Town and Charlotte
- Remington guns for Black Friday
- Fred Stiening said Franklin Graham is a strong Trump supporter, unlike his father who mostly stayed out of elections. Billy Graham’s body is being brought down from the mountaintop today, for two days of viewing...
- Fred Stiening said Mohabbatein was an interesting movie
- CC1s121LrBGT said Spaceman is from Ontario. 😉 https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/world/canada/windsor-hum.html Seriously, I have been reading about the Windsor hum since last year…. around the time the Cuban high...
- briand75 said Agreed we are. (Stole that from Yoda)
- CC1s121LrBGT said Totally agree. I was being snarky. The only thing I see that is similar is that Jackson calls himself a Reverend.
- Fred Stiening said The plan to return his body home http://www.tampabay.com/news/religion/Procession-planned-for-America-s-Pastor-Rev-Billy-Graham_165725192
- briand75 said The Reverend Graham took the difficult task of exposing God’s word and did an excellent job of it. Millions heard him speak and a fair number were able to establish personal relationships with H...
- briand75 said Cataract surgery can provide an amazing improvement in quality of life. My Mother-in-law had surgery on both eyes and she can see things now that she hadn’t seen in 20 years or more. A wonderful...
- CC1s121LrBGT said By one measure, he was 2-3 times better than Jesse Jackson. 😉 https://www.celebritynetworth.com/dl/billy-graham/ $28 million https://www.celebritynetworth.com/dl/jesse-jackson/ $10 mil...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Pls don’t forget Chet. 🙂 (Not to be confused with Che. 🙂 )
- countess robini said Yes i did! One of the reasons i was MIA here in b!og land was that i had cataract surgery right before thanksgiving and the same operation on the other eye shortly thereafter. Now fred and i can have...
- CC1s121LrBGT said RAILROAD streams: This may be of interest to some of the railroad buffs here. I was updating some broken links for an streaming application and found it had links from the site below. The site offers...
- Fred Stiening said After the gift shopping was done, we went to the runway overlook that has been there at least since the 70s. It is free and very popular. It takes little time to realize how important the airport i...
- countess robini said Sorry. i forgot a step. Here is pix.
- countess robini said They salvaged many items from the plane and have put them on display in the museum. Here is captain sully’s briefcase.
- countess robini said They are cookies. Shaped like planes. Fred insisted his was a dolphin. Then a shark. Then something unmentionable here in a family-friendly blog. Like a good countess i just ate my cookie neatly (no...
- countess robini said After touring the museum fred went outside to a patio area to watch planes take off and land. He gave me fifteen minutes to shop in the conveniently located gift shop. I bought postcards, a fridge mag...
- countess robini said Sully Plane picture
- countess robini said We went to the aviation museum in charlotte this day. Saw the plane that became the miracle on the hudson. Seriously beat up. Here is a pix. Also for those of us here who are baby boomers : a pix of t...
- Fred Stiening said It’s not you. As others have pointed out, the United States routinely meddles in other country’s elections, up to and including killing the leaders of other countries. Larry King and Ed...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Another “Is it just me?” from CC: Is it just me, or does the recent Mueller finding seem too much like Hillary blaming Benghazi on an American peacefully exercising his constitutional righ...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It’s common sense to me. With all the recent talk of tearing down monuments of the civil war veterans, why would we want to create memorial buildings that honor what’s-his-name here and wh...
- Fred Stiening said Israel learned the way to deal with people wearing suicide vests into a restaurant was to immediately clean up the scene and provide no visual evidence that anything happened. Tearing the building do...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Word this morning is that the taxpayers will have to pay for the tearing down of a building at the Plankland Florida school. After the shooting in Connecticut several years ago, taxpayers had to pay...
- Fred Stiening said February in Charlotte
- CC1s121LrBGT said Favorite Streaming commercials and/or public service announcements? I love one on WTRW for a local inventment advisor that I think also has a program on the station. It makes me laugh each time I he...
- TheChairman said ittoday. (For me, at least.) Wichita, Kansas is a 2 day drive from Tucson… besides, I’d have to terminate anyone able to identify me afterwards. 😉
- Parrott said You all are Hilarious ! Yeah, blah-phooey on U N carp. parrott
- Fred Stiening said Possibly related – Triton Digital (not the company that approached me) is merging with the .uk based audioBoom to form a publicly traded company that will be listed on the AIM submarket of the L...
- countess robini said I was happy my brother-in-law was able to go to one of the playoff games. I remember the ecstatic celebration when the phillies won the world series. This must have been even more intense. Given the r...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about Ixnay on the Doomsday? lol
- Fred Stiening said Ixnay on this deaiay
- CC1s121LrBGT said I thought the location had been changed to the K&W… or was that for the last supper? 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doesn’t have to be in NC. For example, NC would not make much sense if Fred isn’t interested. We would first find out who is interested and where they are and try to find a central locati...
- briand75 said That should be by the mid-term elections according to the Dems 🙂
- briand75 said A fair drive from Ohio to NC. Let me ponder a bit…
- briand75 said I would like such a meeting. If this is in person, there would be logistics with location and such, but I am sure something would work out 🙂
- Fred Stiening said Don’t forget we have a secret SRG meetup location when civilization ends. It is next to that gun store.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here here! Briand75, are you planning to sign up for the first annual SRG cruise ? lol Kidding aside, it would be kind of cool to gather somewhere on a Saturday to talk radio and have a meal and/or a...
- briand75 said The future is bright no matter the choice. What I hold most dear is the band of friends here on the blog. God bless Fred, Countess, the Chairman, CC, Parrott, and all others who rest a weary eye here.
- briand75 said Yes I think it was. I have heard of this PETA many times. I chuckle a bit as the other “PETA” wants a world of vegetarians and/or vegans.
- Fred Stiening said Ben Shapiro is the name people are floating. He was part of the Ted Cruz movement, which is why Beck trusts him. Here are his backers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_and_Farris_Wilks
- CC1s121LrBGT said If it’s not the people, then its the chupacabras per Linda Moulton Howe. ; )
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ve heard that about The Blaze. Any predictions. iHeart and Cumulus don’t have any money. Fox has a lot after the sale of their movie business to Disney and has not much going on in radi...
- Fred Stiening said I’m fairly sure that was the point.
- Fred Stiening said Glenn Beck’s producer Stu is a conservative vegetarian. Related, it is widely known at this point that Th Blaze is going to change hands soon.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Well, said, Countess. All of our hearts, as is Fred’s cousin in Boston.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not a fan of UNESCO either, but glad to see one not created by Hallmark to sell special greeting cards.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. That is a small minority, TheJerseyDevil. The only smaller minority that I can think of might be vegetarian hunters who who celebrate Radio Day in the Pine Barrens. 😉
- TheJerseyDevil said I am a member of a very small minority group (conservative vegetarians). I go to Gatlinburg, Tennessee each year at Thanksgiving and I keep forgetting to go to the jerky outlet to check out their wate...
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I noticed an uptick in the number of people listening to Progressive talk shows this week and was wondering why. This morning I got the answer – two more Progressive Talk stations just went under – WGUV in Atlanta (they … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I was wondering if the decline in activity here was just holiday related or something else is going on. WABC-AM hit a 2.2 share in Arbitron, the lowest since they flipped from music in the 1970s. … Continue reading
While doing my testing thing the other night, I was listening to WBT-AM in Charlotte, NC, a city I lived in for about 4 years, and lived near for about 10. WBT used to be owned by Jefferson-Pilot, an insurance … Continue reading
I just added a new feature, that about 3 people will find interesting, and he rest will go “huh?” Let’s say you know that Dr Laura Schlessinger used to have a radio show, and left a year ago to move … Continue reading
Nicole Sandler had a brief stint on Air America as it was imploding. She now “works” doing an internet only video stream. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/28765840 She has 363 followers on Twitter! Tune in and take a peek at Nicole’s middle aged sagging … Continue reading
http://www.ocregister.com/news/doctor-409585-beach-police.html Back in the good old days, one of Dr Dean Edell’s recurring topics was over treatment of prostate cancer. The inventor of the PSA test is on a campaign to get doctors to stop using the PSA test as … Continue reading
You’re forgiven if you don’t know who he is. He’s a talk show host on the racially segregated Radio One network, along with Al Sharpton. The Obama/Holder Department of Justice has charged him with involvement in a scheme to create … Continue reading
Maybe someone reads my blog post about the end game of Americans not having enough children – Chicago’s NPR affiliate WBEZ-FM is launching a $400,000 campaign encouraging its shrinking listener base to Go Make Babies (gomakebabies.com) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/01/28/wbez-go-make-babies-ad-ca_n_2568687.html?utm_hp_ref=chicago I have to … Continue reading
Russia Today reports that Glenn Beck would like to create a city based on Ayn Rand’s ideas. People may have forgotten that Walt Disney originally intended that EPCOT was going to be a real city created from the mind of … Continue reading
https://fiber.google.com/features/ So how’s that for shaking things up? Combine that with the FCC trying to free up 200 MHz of spectrum for WIFi and the world is about to change again