- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- The Clear Channel bankruptcy plan
- Website Status
- February Thread
- IHeart (Clear Channel) skips $106 million interest payment
- Someone needed to say this
- January 2018 randomness
- Global Warming, NC style
- A visit with Tony Robbins
- Merry Christmas
- Christmas Shopping – no returns
- Elon Musk sending Tesla car into orbit around Mars
- Random Pictures
- Ken Hamblin has surfaced
- Charlotte has a new planning director!
- KQV-AM to shut down
- Amtrak’s new “high speed” train derails on first day
- Charlotte, the global city
- Ginger Bread season at Ballantyne
- Cumulus changes at Chicago’s WLS
- The List
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- The Cashless Society
- CMLS is toast
- Koch Brothers expected to fund takeover of Time Magazine
- Stuy Town and Charlotte
- Remington guns for Black Friday
- Mobile Homes are now too expensive to afford
- CBS Radio merger into Entercom has closed
- Fred Stiening said February in Charlotte
- CC1s121LrBGT said Favorite Streaming commercials and/or public service announcements? I love one on WTRW for a local inventment advisor that I think also has a program on the station. It makes me laugh each time I he...
- TheChairman said ittoday. (For me, at least.) Wichita, Kansas is a 2 day drive from Tucson… besides, I’d have to terminate anyone able to identify me afterwards. 😉
- Parrott said You all are Hilarious ! Yeah, blah-phooey on U N carp. parrott
- Fred Stiening said Possibly related – Triton Digital (not the company that approached me) is merging with the .uk based audioBoom to form a publicly traded company that will be listed on the AIM submarket of the L...
- countess robini said I was happy my brother-in-law was able to go to one of the playoff games. I remember the ecstatic celebration when the phillies won the world series. This must have been even more intense. Given the r...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about Ixnay on the Doomsday? lol
- Fred Stiening said Ixnay on this deaiay
- CC1s121LrBGT said I thought the location had been changed to the K&W… or was that for the last supper? 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doesn’t have to be in NC. For example, NC would not make much sense if Fred isn’t interested. We would first find out who is interested and where they are and try to find a central locati...
- briand75 said That should be by the mid-term elections according to the Dems 🙂
- briand75 said A fair drive from Ohio to NC. Let me ponder a bit…
- briand75 said I would like such a meeting. If this is in person, there would be logistics with location and such, but I am sure something would work out 🙂
- Fred Stiening said Don’t forget we have a secret SRG meetup location when civilization ends. It is next to that gun store.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here here! Briand75, are you planning to sign up for the first annual SRG cruise ? lol Kidding aside, it would be kind of cool to gather somewhere on a Saturday to talk radio and have a meal and/or a...
- briand75 said The future is bright no matter the choice. What I hold most dear is the band of friends here on the blog. God bless Fred, Countess, the Chairman, CC, Parrott, and all others who rest a weary eye here.
- briand75 said Yes I think it was. I have heard of this PETA many times. I chuckle a bit as the other “PETA” wants a world of vegetarians and/or vegans.
- Fred Stiening said Ben Shapiro is the name people are floating. He was part of the Ted Cruz movement, which is why Beck trusts him. Here are his backers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_and_Farris_Wilks
- CC1s121LrBGT said If it’s not the people, then its the chupacabras per Linda Moulton Howe. ; )
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ve heard that about The Blaze. Any predictions. iHeart and Cumulus don’t have any money. Fox has a lot after the sale of their movie business to Disney and has not much going on in radi...
- Fred Stiening said I’m fairly sure that was the point.
- Fred Stiening said Glenn Beck’s producer Stu is a conservative vegetarian. Related, it is widely known at this point that Th Blaze is going to change hands soon.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Well, said, Countess. All of our hearts, as is Fred’s cousin in Boston.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not a fan of UNESCO either, but glad to see one not created by Hallmark to sell special greeting cards.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. That is a small minority, TheJerseyDevil. The only smaller minority that I can think of might be vegetarian hunters who who celebrate Radio Day in the Pine Barrens. 😉
- TheJerseyDevil said I am a member of a very small minority group (conservative vegetarians). I go to Gatlinburg, Tennessee each year at Thanksgiving and I keep forgetting to go to the jerky outlet to check out their wate...
- TheJerseyDevil said I just started up the CFMJ stream to see what was going on and a caller wished the host Happy Radio Day. I did a little research and found out that Feb. 13 was established as Radio Day by UNESCO. I...
- TheChairman said Thank you Countess, she’s doing fine. She’s been very fit all her life: yoga, walks 2x daily, and her health/vital stats are ideal… yet it happened suddenly, without any typical F.A...
- countess robini said dear chairman: god heard. you and mrs. chairman are in our hearts. please tell her.
- countess robini said dear chairman: just read about your wife. stopping now to pray.
- countess robini said dear everybody: i’m here. more to come.
- Fred Stiening said My cousin in Boston had a TIA that somehow was detected by his Apple Watc. He went to the hospital is now on blood thinners for the rest of his natural life.
- Fred Stiening said Because of the way Social Security Disability works, there might be value in a small income stream spread over three years, if I decided to hop on the handout bandwagon. Currently, there is no motiv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said If there is anything we should have learned from Donald Trump, it is the value of “branding”.
- TheChairman said Not necessarily related, but certainly coincidental and appropriate, it occurred to me (in the wee hours this morning) that you and countess have an anniversary approaching… Without going into d...
- CC1s121LrBGT said FWIW – You have my support in whatever you decide. I’d like to see you take over the streaming company’s website or be involved in some way. Would hate to lose your radio expertise...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Parrott, I’ve been thinking about your question for the last couple of days. I am not an expert on Spaceman. I sampled the show once or twice and it wasn’t for me. I do have a recommendat...
- Parrott said I hope CFMJ misses me and the two other people I know of that use to stream’listen’ to their station most every evening and Saturday nights. Freaks. I read that it cost more to mine a b...
- Fred Stiening said Emoticons are where it is at 💰💸
- CC1s121LrBGT said I hear that spaceman headed to Mars had stowed away an emotional peacock – the same one that was rejected by United Airlines last week. That turkey can now fly!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yes. Just my dos ¢ : They also like to pull out the book of Clichés too. (Hard to find a keyboard with a “é” and a “¢ “): They include: It’s different this time. History...
- Parrott said well, another saturday night without the ‘Spaceman’. CC you let me know if you hear about the ‘spaceman’ back on radio somewhere. ( Not ‘Spacey’) or the guy in...
- Fred Stiening said 3(a) – and tie it to global warming Financial journalists during a stock decline have a much more complicated set of rules – mention all prior crashes – explain that Federal Reserve...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Journalism 2018 is simple. (No offense intended to retired former journalists living in North Carolina.). Here are today’s key journalism rules that I have gathered from watching cable tv: 1. )...
- Fred Stiening said We’ve moved beyond journalism to anti-journalism https://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek-editors-blast-executive-to-his-face-what-youre-doing-is-bullshit-you-dont-understand-journalism
- Fred Stiening said San Francisco is getting so crowded, nobody wants to live there anymore http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/02/08/san-francisco-bay-area-mass-exodus-residents/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Tis true. This one is worth your time: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/07/google-tracking-you-tucker-carlsons-report-silicon-valley-surveillance-capitalism
- TheChairman said “All your track are belong to us.”
- Parrott said RR tycoon Baby !
- Fred Stiening said Maybe they were playing Microsoft Train Simulator
Monthly Archives: September 2014
After looking at about 9000 radio stations, some patterns begin to show up. One of them appears to be the death of Elvis Pressley. Elvis would’ve turned 79 years old this year. The women who used to flock to Graceland … Continue reading
Part of the reason I took the website down was my fear that the United States and European union directly confronting Russia was going to result in massive cyber warfare breaking out onto the Internet. Running the server from my … Continue reading
Up until about a year ago, Arbitron was the 900 pound gorilla in radio ratings – literally. Compiling ratings for radio is extremely expensive and radio owners tend to be “cheap” and try to use Arbitron’s data without paying for … Continue reading
For those volunteers aspiring to become hard core radio data junkies 😉 or highly paid communications law attorneys, it is useful to know the process for a radio station to not be on the air. A few random things to … Continue reading
This is not a huge shock. Independent radio syndication by satellite is dead. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/133707/cross-platform-media-acquires-irn-usa-radio-networ Jeff Weber, President of competitor Business Talk Radio and Lifestyle radio networks gave up last week. IRN/USA has a very minimal cadre of affiliates for its … Continue reading
People are starting to the idea, and that makes me happy 🙂 I added the link for Wyoming Public Radio’s affiliate/translator list, which was most of what got dumped into the “Ignored” pile and I confirmed. As a general rule … Continue reading
http://www.wodiradio.com WODI-AM is located at 1230 kHz in Brookneal, Virginia. (Population 1,112) The licensee is JKC Media Ventures, based in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Last we knew, the station was broadcasting sports. In November, 2013′ the owners asked for the … Continue reading
Nautel LPFM webinar This is sales material for probably the world’s leading manufacturer of high power radio transmitters. It’s pretty amazing technology – if you watch radio stations as much as I have, you realize that most radio stations are … Continue reading
This was obvious from the day IHeartRadio was created, if you were paying attention to Clear Channel’s public statements – and especially if you know a lot about Bob Pittman. Clear Channel is dropping “radio” from its iHeartRadio name, now … Continue reading