- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Trump has a new bulldog
- Used coffee cups
- Liberal web site creating fake “Conservative” news
- New York Observer
- 2017 Darwin award nominee
- Tree or not?
- Cumulus launches rights plan
- June bugging
- Merkel on Trump / Brexit
- The demise of NASCAR
- What is the purpose of Voice of America?
- Our stalker Ex President
- Getting ready for war
- Countess gets the goat
- The end of AM radio
- “Being a felon means I’m disabled”
- Social “Security”
- Get your nose on
- Fresh Goat Brains
- Get prepared for ATSC 3.0
- The Urge to Merge
- Becoming a real man
- The man who murdered two doctors in Boston
- My Dinner with Kielbasa
- Joe & Mika are engaged
- FCC formally proposes ending Main Studio rule
- Hugh Hewitt in talks with MSNBC
- May randomness
- Meet the real Mr Carlson
- Trump takes on Deface the Nation
- What is wrong with this picture?
- Can Trump defeat MS-13?
- Suzy Orman update
- Fred Stiening said It looks like Hewitt will be going to MSNBC http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/msnbc-gives-conservative-radio-host-hugh-hewitt-a-show-1015923 Saturday Morning at 8 AM ET is a really sweet spot for...
- Fred Stiening said This fits into the “tree falls in a forest” thing. Fox News Radio did well with the top of hour news after Cumulus pulled the plug on its involvement with ABC news, but the talk programs...
- TheJerseyDevil said AllAccess.com reports changes at Fox News Talk. John Gibson departs the network as of July 4 and Todd Starnes replaces him from noon to 3 Eastern. Tom Shillue replaces the “retiring” Tom S...
- TheChairman said Personally, I don’t consider rinsing out bottles, cans, etc to be OCD… it simply makes good sense, unless you want to attract unwelcome guests. The wife and I both rinse off before throw...
- Fred Stiening said North Carolina is less aggressive than Connecticut where I used to live, possibly because we still have land for landfills instead of shipping our waste to Michigan by train. There is no bottle depo...
- briand75 said You folks may have single stream recycling there in Charlotte. We have it in Ohio. If you think about the sorting capability of the various machines, you realize it isn’t near 100 percent that i...
- briand75 said Amazing – the ultimate scam artists – probably in the universe – are humans. Devious and often malicious, it amazes me how far folks will go to harm people or, in this case, make com...
- Fred Stiening said One observation was the IT shrugging his shoulders when she asked him why Kushner was running Windows on a Mac – I interpreted more as the IT guy not wanting to wasting his time to explain it to...
- briand75 said The WaPo thing is a hit piece. I always wonder what the point is? The Alinsky approach of destroying your enemy’s credibility is all I can come up with. What kind of stupid planet do I live on t...
- briand75 said I ran analytics on Cumulus and the result was a sea of red indicating that the longevity of Cumulus is very much in question.
- Fred Stiening said Mosul: we had to destroy it to save it https://www.voanews.com/a/dispatch-from-disaster-zone-in-mosul/3896952.html
- briand75 said Makes sense – especially the Medicaid part. I missed the heavy drinker part of the story, but that makes sense.
- Fred Stiening said According to the story, the implication was his health was already compromised due to liver damage from drinking 6 12 oz beers a day. I have the sense Medicaid probably picked up the tab for the 18 d...
- Fred Stiening said The CMLS situation made it into the lay press in New York http://nypost.com/2017/06/11/cumulus-media-is-on-the-brink-of-a-total-collapse/
- briand75 said Okay – so thoughts on 5 days? My wife had a large tattoo on her back and I do remember treating it with clean dressings and antibiotic cream for a week which is 7 days. So 5 days doesn’t s...
- briand75 said I recall a McD visit where the manager was having a melt down and was berating the employees all the while throwing every order they prepared into the trash while screaming at the top of her lungs. Th...
- briand75 said We have one near my home at a highway intersection – disguised as a very tall flagpole.
- briand75 said Interesting as I didn’t actually look at the stock price. You are correct as there are some strict rules on share price and capitalization. Maybe that extra “hang time” is simply vap
- Parrott said Hi Countess: The spy museum is on my list to do. I didn’t get to visit any nice museums, on this trip, as it was strictly business. Eh, its a job I guess. Pays the bills. I did get to walk...
- Fred Stiening said Original orientation
- Fred Stiening said I have a memory of a UHF adapter you needed for VHF-only TVs. In Pittsburgh, Channel 13 (WQED) had started up a second station on Channel 16 that had somewhat erratic prgramming that was fed to schoo...
- countess robini said Dear parrott: yay for you trying uber! i did uber for the first time when i was in charlotte in march, which is when we got married. (and yes, i still love my color-of-the-aegean-sea engagement ring.)...
- countess robini said he was an extraordinary man. and remember, dear husband, that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
- countess robini said yes! 1970s technology to the rescue. only problem is that, in addition to turning the lamp on and off when we clap, it does the same thing when fred puts his keys down on the night stand next to the...
- Fred Stiening said Lily of the valley
- Fred Stiening said The issue of images not showing up might be fixed
- Parrott said They have one of those near the interchange of route 3 and I-95 in Fredricksburg, VA. They are significantly taller than the surrounding trees. parrott
- Fred Stiening said On closer inspection, the pictures were taken on 5/28/17 arond 3 PM. The two retangular containers have a “use by” date of 5/25/17 and 5/27/17. Both containers have some brown fluid arou...
- Fred Stiening said CMLS faces NASDAQ delisting both because of the sub $1.00 stock price and minimum capital requirements
- briand75 said The things they don’t teach you as an undergraduate student. Board maneuvering and shenanigans to avoid large investors from taking over your board and company. I think with $14 million market...
- TheChairman said A Pennystock for their thoughts.
- Parrott said Parrott continues his business trip to Mordor. Today Parrott rode in a Uber for the very first time to Crystal City. Parrott says: “It was ‘an experiance’ he won’t soon forget...
- Fred Stiening said Victory in Mosul is right around the corner https://www.voanews.com/a/mosul-fight-down-three-neighborhoods/3884857.html
- Fred Stiening said Megyn Kelly stumbles with her Putin interview http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/megyn-kelly-off-to-rough-start-with-nbc-show-s-premiere-1.13708177
- Fred Stiening said June 2nd would have been my father’s 112th birthday
- Fred Stiening said Oops, I tripped
- Fred Stiening said The castle now has a clapper
- briand75 said http://www.stumbleupon.com
- TheChairman said I found a reference to the original tweet, apparently the reporter is also a failure at arithmetic. It was the 101st Indy. i.e. The first race was held long before WW2… and Memorial Day dates f...
- Fred Stiening said It’s Bilderberg season http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4561054/Secretive-global-group-gathers-US-mull-Trump-era.html
- Fred Stiening said It was a former ESPNer working in Denver http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/ESPN-edits-Tiger-Woods-mugshot-reporter-fired-for-racist-Indy-500-tweet.html
- TheChairman said Wow, I hope he got fired… many spectators were pulling for Sato (including myself). In 2012 he lost during the final lap due to a crash. I think the first 5 finishers this year were foreign dr...
- Fred Stiening said Did I read some ESPN guy got in trouble for being disappointed that the quintessential American race was won by a Japanese driver?
- TheJerseyDevil said Hi Parrott, I haven’t seen anything more on WMAL’s morning show but I’m still catching up on my regular reading because of the holiday weekend and the rare occurrence of a couple of
- Fred Stiening said Slightly related – you may remember the WMAL sold the land under the transmitter and will be diplexed on a different AM tower. Now that tower is changing hands. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/ar...
- Fred Stiening said Covfefe. Word up.
- Parrott said Hey Jersey Devil: Have you seen anything else about WMAL & the new guy with Mary , so far this week ? Its that guy ‘Kevin’ again. He showed up since they got rid of Larry. I gues...
- TheChairman said 2017 Indianapolis 500 was far more entertaining and exciting… especially if you watched via foreign TV coverage (e.g. Spanish). Even though I couldn’t understand their words, they exude m...
- Fred Stiening said Countess and I discussed this – how NASCAR has become as fake as pro wrestling. The unexpected outcome on Sunday was because the computers calclating each car’s remaining fuel overlooke...
- Fred Stiening said No and no. As much the Countess loves the newspaper business, even she cannot stomach the Charlotte Observer. Despite her concerns, I kind of enjoy her second hand cigarette smoke. It helps me r...
Monthly Archives: September 2014
After looking at about 9000 radio stations, some patterns begin to show up. One of them appears to be the death of Elvis Pressley. Elvis would’ve turned 79 years old this year. The women who used to flock to Graceland … Continue reading
Part of the reason I took the website down was my fear that the United States and European union directly confronting Russia was going to result in massive cyber warfare breaking out onto the Internet. Running the server from my … Continue reading
Up until about a year ago, Arbitron was the 900 pound gorilla in radio ratings – literally. Compiling ratings for radio is extremely expensive and radio owners tend to be “cheap” and try to use Arbitron’s data without paying for … Continue reading
For those volunteers aspiring to become hard core radio data junkies 😉 or highly paid communications law attorneys, it is useful to know the process for a radio station to not be on the air. A few random things to … Continue reading
This is not a huge shock. Independent radio syndication by satellite is dead. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/133707/cross-platform-media-acquires-irn-usa-radio-networ Jeff Weber, President of competitor Business Talk Radio and Lifestyle radio networks gave up last week. IRN/USA has a very minimal cadre of affiliates for its … Continue reading
People are starting to the idea, and that makes me happy 🙂 I added the link for Wyoming Public Radio’s affiliate/translator list, which was most of what got dumped into the “Ignored” pile and I confirmed. As a general rule … Continue reading
http://www.wodiradio.com WODI-AM is located at 1230 kHz in Brookneal, Virginia. (Population 1,112) The licensee is JKC Media Ventures, based in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Last we knew, the station was broadcasting sports. In November, 2013′ the owners asked for the … Continue reading
Nautel LPFM webinar This is sales material for probably the world’s leading manufacturer of high power radio transmitters. It’s pretty amazing technology – if you watch radio stations as much as I have, you realize that most radio stations are … Continue reading
This was obvious from the day IHeartRadio was created, if you were paying attention to Clear Channel’s public statements – and especially if you know a lot about Bob Pittman. Clear Channel is dropping “radio” from its iHeartRadio name, now … Continue reading