- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- The Clear Channel bankruptcy plan
- Website Status
- February Thread
- IHeart (Clear Channel) skips $106 million interest payment
- Someone needed to say this
- January 2018 randomness
- Global Warming, NC style
- A visit with Tony Robbins
- Merry Christmas
- Christmas Shopping – no returns
- Elon Musk sending Tesla car into orbit around Mars
- Random Pictures
- Ken Hamblin has surfaced
- Charlotte has a new planning director!
- KQV-AM to shut down
- Amtrak’s new “high speed” train derails on first day
- Charlotte, the global city
- Ginger Bread season at Ballantyne
- Cumulus changes at Chicago’s WLS
- The List
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- The Cashless Society
- CMLS is toast
- Koch Brothers expected to fund takeover of Time Magazine
- Stuy Town and Charlotte
- Remington guns for Black Friday
- Mobile Homes are now too expensive to afford
- CBS Radio merger into Entercom has closed
- Fred Stiening said February in Charlotte
- CC1s121LrBGT said Favorite Streaming commercials and/or public service announcements? I love one on WTRW for a local inventment advisor that I think also has a program on the station. It makes me laugh each time I he...
- TheChairman said ittoday. (For me, at least.) Wichita, Kansas is a 2 day drive from Tucson… besides, I’d have to terminate anyone able to identify me afterwards. 😉
- Parrott said You all are Hilarious ! Yeah, blah-phooey on U N carp. parrott
- Fred Stiening said Possibly related – Triton Digital (not the company that approached me) is merging with the .uk based audioBoom to form a publicly traded company that will be listed on the AIM submarket of the L...
- countess robini said I was happy my brother-in-law was able to go to one of the playoff games. I remember the ecstatic celebration when the phillies won the world series. This must have been even more intense. Given the r...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about Ixnay on the Doomsday? lol
- Fred Stiening said Ixnay on this deaiay
- CC1s121LrBGT said I thought the location had been changed to the K&W… or was that for the last supper? 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doesn’t have to be in NC. For example, NC would not make much sense if Fred isn’t interested. We would first find out who is interested and where they are and try to find a central locati...
- briand75 said That should be by the mid-term elections according to the Dems 🙂
- briand75 said A fair drive from Ohio to NC. Let me ponder a bit…
- briand75 said I would like such a meeting. If this is in person, there would be logistics with location and such, but I am sure something would work out 🙂
- Fred Stiening said Don’t forget we have a secret SRG meetup location when civilization ends. It is next to that gun store.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here here! Briand75, are you planning to sign up for the first annual SRG cruise ? lol Kidding aside, it would be kind of cool to gather somewhere on a Saturday to talk radio and have a meal and/or a...
- briand75 said The future is bright no matter the choice. What I hold most dear is the band of friends here on the blog. God bless Fred, Countess, the Chairman, CC, Parrott, and all others who rest a weary eye here.
- briand75 said Yes I think it was. I have heard of this PETA many times. I chuckle a bit as the other “PETA” wants a world of vegetarians and/or vegans.
- Fred Stiening said Ben Shapiro is the name people are floating. He was part of the Ted Cruz movement, which is why Beck trusts him. Here are his backers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_and_Farris_Wilks
- CC1s121LrBGT said If it’s not the people, then its the chupacabras per Linda Moulton Howe. ; )
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ve heard that about The Blaze. Any predictions. iHeart and Cumulus don’t have any money. Fox has a lot after the sale of their movie business to Disney and has not much going on in radi...
- Fred Stiening said I’m fairly sure that was the point.
- Fred Stiening said Glenn Beck’s producer Stu is a conservative vegetarian. Related, it is widely known at this point that Th Blaze is going to change hands soon.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Well, said, Countess. All of our hearts, as is Fred’s cousin in Boston.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not a fan of UNESCO either, but glad to see one not created by Hallmark to sell special greeting cards.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. That is a small minority, TheJerseyDevil. The only smaller minority that I can think of might be vegetarian hunters who who celebrate Radio Day in the Pine Barrens. 😉
- TheJerseyDevil said I am a member of a very small minority group (conservative vegetarians). I go to Gatlinburg, Tennessee each year at Thanksgiving and I keep forgetting to go to the jerky outlet to check out their wate...
- TheJerseyDevil said I just started up the CFMJ stream to see what was going on and a caller wished the host Happy Radio Day. I did a little research and found out that Feb. 13 was established as Radio Day by UNESCO. I...
- TheChairman said Thank you Countess, she’s doing fine. She’s been very fit all her life: yoga, walks 2x daily, and her health/vital stats are ideal… yet it happened suddenly, without any typical F.A...
- countess robini said dear chairman: god heard. you and mrs. chairman are in our hearts. please tell her.
- countess robini said dear chairman: just read about your wife. stopping now to pray.
- countess robini said dear everybody: i’m here. more to come.
- Fred Stiening said My cousin in Boston had a TIA that somehow was detected by his Apple Watc. He went to the hospital is now on blood thinners for the rest of his natural life.
- Fred Stiening said Because of the way Social Security Disability works, there might be value in a small income stream spread over three years, if I decided to hop on the handout bandwagon. Currently, there is no motiv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said If there is anything we should have learned from Donald Trump, it is the value of “branding”.
- TheChairman said Not necessarily related, but certainly coincidental and appropriate, it occurred to me (in the wee hours this morning) that you and countess have an anniversary approaching… Without going into d...
- CC1s121LrBGT said FWIW – You have my support in whatever you decide. I’d like to see you take over the streaming company’s website or be involved in some way. Would hate to lose your radio expertise...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Parrott, I’ve been thinking about your question for the last couple of days. I am not an expert on Spaceman. I sampled the show once or twice and it wasn’t for me. I do have a recommendat...
- Parrott said I hope CFMJ misses me and the two other people I know of that use to stream’listen’ to their station most every evening and Saturday nights. Freaks. I read that it cost more to mine a b...
- Fred Stiening said Emoticons are where it is at 💰💸
- CC1s121LrBGT said I hear that spaceman headed to Mars had stowed away an emotional peacock – the same one that was rejected by United Airlines last week. That turkey can now fly!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yes. Just my dos ¢ : They also like to pull out the book of Clichés too. (Hard to find a keyboard with a “é” and a “¢ “): They include: It’s different this time. History...
- Parrott said well, another saturday night without the ‘Spaceman’. CC you let me know if you hear about the ‘spaceman’ back on radio somewhere. ( Not ‘Spacey’) or the guy in...
- Fred Stiening said 3(a) – and tie it to global warming Financial journalists during a stock decline have a much more complicated set of rules – mention all prior crashes – explain that Federal Reserve...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Journalism 2018 is simple. (No offense intended to retired former journalists living in North Carolina.). Here are today’s key journalism rules that I have gathered from watching cable tv: 1. )...
- Fred Stiening said We’ve moved beyond journalism to anti-journalism https://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek-editors-blast-executive-to-his-face-what-youre-doing-is-bullshit-you-dont-understand-journalism
- Fred Stiening said San Francisco is getting so crowded, nobody wants to live there anymore http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/02/08/san-francisco-bay-area-mass-exodus-residents/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Tis true. This one is worth your time: http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/07/google-tracking-you-tucker-carlsons-report-silicon-valley-surveillance-capitalism
- TheChairman said “All your track are belong to us.”
- Parrott said RR tycoon Baby !
- Fred Stiening said Maybe they were playing Microsoft Train Simulator
Monthly Archives: October 2014
http://darrylparks.com/2014/10/27/nyc-talk-radio-ratings-not-good/ To appreciate the significance of this, you need to know who he is. Clear Channel (now iHeart) has one news/talk station that is very different than the rest. While most Clear Channel stations news talk stations are drifting down … Continue reading
This morning I was attempting to confirm that IRN’s Daybreak USA show is still even being distributed. A couple months ago, I carried the item that the “network” was being “sold” to a “Christian” “news” service. The one station … Continue reading
For those doing station verification, a new link has been added to click to do a “Whois” query. (Note the thumbnail of the page which I added recently but didn’t tell about in the blog) Since I’m not asking you … Continue reading
Bob Pittman, who runs Clear Channel, is a lifelong major donor to Democratic candidates. He would like few things more than being the guy who “got” Rush Limbaugh off the air – if he can convince the investment bankers who … Continue reading
Hello testers, For those of you who have been brave enough to invoke the station editor (which is read only for new helpers), I’ve added a link to open up archive.org for the web page we think is the URL … Continue reading
College radio stations are crap. I’ve written about this in the blog, and am not going to discuss their merits any further. Most college stations are active about 2 days a year, if that. Only a handful (usually where there … Continue reading
What is wrong in this picture?
Back in the day, WLS-AM in Chicago was one of those radio stations that transformed a generation in the 1960s. ABC radio, along with sister station WABC in New York turned the country on to rock ‘n roll, before FM … Continue reading
Donald Trump protege Andy Dean left his nationally syndicated Radio show to start up a podcasting service. According to the Atlanta Journal and Constitution (owned by Cox Media, the owner of WSB-AM in Atlanta, where Boortz’s show was produced), Neal … Continue reading