- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Clear Channel files Chapter 11 (finally)
- Revisiting the “trail of tears”
- March Madness
- How would a combined SiriusXM / Clear Channel work?
- My pal Alexa
- Billy Graham dead at 99
- Visiting CLT
- The Clear Channel bankruptcy plan
- Website Status
- February Thread
- IHeart (Clear Channel) skips $106 million interest payment
- Someone needed to say this
- January 2018 randomness
- Global Warming, NC style
- A visit with Tony Robbins
- Merry Christmas
- Christmas Shopping – no returns
- Elon Musk sending Tesla car into orbit around Mars
- Random Pictures
- Ken Hamblin has surfaced
- Charlotte has a new planning director!
- KQV-AM to shut down
- Amtrak’s new “high speed” train derails on first day
- Charlotte, the global city
- Ginger Bread season at Ballantyne
- Cumulus changes at Chicago’s WLS
- The List
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- CC1s121LrBGT said The French supplied slaves to the new world too, including the Mississippi Delta and Louisiana although most of their trade was to the Caribbean, including Haiti. http://slaveryandremembrance.org/arti...
- Fred Stiening said http://abolition.e2bn.org/slavery_45.html Less than 5% of the Black Africans taken to the Western Hemisphere were taken to the colonies that would become the United States. The Spanish were mostly i...
- Fred Stiening said Jaz McKay lost his job out in Bakersfield, California back in January. He thought it was a good idea to livestream on Facebook as he scanned through the radio dial on his car radio, and bemoaned how...
- Fred Stiening said This is not a prepackaged bankruptcy http://www.filingforbankruptcyonline.com/resources/bankruptcy/filing-bankruptcy/prepackaged-bankruptcy-definition-process.htm 2/3 of the creditors have to agree in...
- Fred Stiening said I don’t consider zero hedge to be a credible source. Iheart is very complex, by design. The author of this piece suggests that this will be similar to the current Toys ‘R Us bankruptcy,...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Good article. Appears to be original content and included a copy of the bankruptcy filing interesting analysis and interesting comments. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-15/iheart-media-files-ba...
- Fred Stiening said A second 24 hour extension
- Parrott said well Carp . Tom Taylor newsletter has Canadian ratings for Toronto and other cities in Canada. CFMJ isn’t in the top tier. Tom forgot to put the Link to all the rating numbers at the end of...
- briand75 said I find this interesting. The “trail of tears” was about a forced march to a reservation led by the Army – or so I thought. Some white liberal did false stories on the tribes? No surp...
- Fred Stiening said Another extension of 24 hours and a new SEC filing It is looking more probable that this will be a normal bankruptcy (like the one Cumulus is doing) rather than a prepackaged bankruptcy. There is ju...
- CC1s121LrBGT said How many of the blacks were enslaved by native Americans or even the British that brought them to these shores? My understanding is that the Brits were engaged in a slave trade where they traded with...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Fun fact: https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/lifestyles/health/heart-attack-sufferers-more-likely-survive-doctor-away-study-says/wmpzoJBQzQdTqAKChB2rOM/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Next you’ll tell me Art Bell did his show from The Philippines. 😉
- Fred Stiening said Mary used to do a show on Fox News http://www.marywalter.com/bio/ Almost nobody in talk radio goes to a radio station to do their show. Two? years ago Boston had a horrific snow storm. Jeff Kuhner,...
- Fred Stiening said Imus is ending his show at the end of March. He probably has vacation time. Often a radio station/network doesn’t want the risk of someone on the air. Since Cumulus / Westwood One is in a con...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yeah, she is OK. If I recall, her show was called Mary in the Morning or something like that and it followed directly after Art Bell. I can’t prove it, but I believe she does her WMAL show fro...
- Parrott said I didn’t know where Mary Walter came from. She is nice and pleasant. She doesn’t annoy me in the mornings, when I am logging into the servers to check whats going on at work. Yeah , whats...
- Fred Stiening said Having done more listening in the last week, it reinforces just how much of talk Radio’s content and advertising is designed to exploit people’s fears
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crap. Per the NY Times, he wasn’t just a local guy, but had a nationally syndicated show https://www.nytimes.com/1993/11/01/style/weddings-neale-s-godfrey-ralph-a-saviano.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said WABC has always had a crappy weekend and especially schedule… even before they dropped Bob Brinker’s Moneytalk. WOR isn’t much better. Used to be on Saturday nights they had compet...
- Fred Stiening said With the exception of Religion on the Line, WABC-AM’s entire Sunday schedule is informercials and brokered programming.
- Fred Stiening said Heart attack from trying to do an early morning Radio show on WLS-AM
- CC1s121LrBGT said If it worked for Jake, why is he forever late? 😉
- Fred Stiening said I will be celebrating the semi-annual (late) Jake Hartford Daylight Saving Time confabulation ceremony. Remember, Fall Forward, Spring Back. You don’t want to be late for church in the morni
- CC1s121LrBGT said ALERT – Smokey “THE” Bear just advised me to revise my post and suggest that you instead use the ash tray that is built into your car door. … if you don’t, that Indian wh...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Partott! Wow. At the SRG reunion, I hope you give me a ride just so I can roll down a window again. Haven’t been able to do that in decades with all the electric motors and window switches. How...
- Fred Stiening said The EU is going to put a tariff on US peanut butter – more for us!
- Parrott said Damn, I hate that I have seen the high point in some many technologies and cultures. Seriously. Radio was awesome back in the day. It had a regional flavor. Every station was different. K-Love sux....
- Fred Stiening said IHeart and the lenders have agreed to not go to bankruptcy court until next Monday https://radioink.com/2018/03/08/no-word-on-whats-happening-with-iheart/
- Fred Stiening said How astroturfing works when TV journalists close their eyes http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/01/take-two-weeks-truth-emerge-parkland-students-astroturfing/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Probably a good thing. So I envision that in 20 years if people still listen to analog radio, we may see a format like “Rock 99” that is on stations all across the country on 98.7, 98.9. 9...
- Fred Stiening said The only time EMF buys an AM station is when it is a package deal. They turn off the AM and hire a broker to unload it. The FCC just rescinded the main studio rule, so radio stations will gladly giv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said K-Love is like a virus attacking FM stations around the country. lol I don’t think I have seem them attach any AM stations… and I think all the FM stations stream the same audio with littl...
- Fred Stiening said Over at Cumulus, WLUP-FM was a “lease with requirement to buy” from Randy Michaels and his Merlin Media. The Cumulus bankruptcy put that deal into play, allowing Merlin to sell this ico...
- Fred Stiening said Cox is holding an “all hands” meeting with employees to discuss the future
- Fred Stiening said There are rumblings that the next generation of the Cox Media empire may be willing to unload their radio properties. Too bad nobody is left to buy them.
- CC1s121LrBGT said If you have the T-Mobile Tuesday app and are a T-Mobile customer, many weeks you get a free Vudo movie that you can watch on any device in HD. I didn’t check yet to see what today’s free...
- Fred Stiening said Have a bunch of old DVDs sitting around? Vudu will “convert them” to digital, which in reality means by proving you have the physical disc, then you register them for online playing, start...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Good data. Everyone in it is 3 years older now. 😉 My implication was really more about the tease. I have to large screens connected to my PC and love the big screen. I wear bifocals. Small screen p...
- Fred Stiening said that sounds plausible. I seem to remember one of the strategies proposed was to slow down the time from receipt of the messages until they were executed. The system I designed for NASDAQ could have...
- Fred Stiening said Here is a list from 2015 of the age and gender breakdown of TV channels http://www.multichannel.com/content/shift-network-median-age-and-gender-skew/401984 This is an industry publication – note...
- TheChairman said For whatever reason, millennial programmers seem to be SJW progressives. AI trading algorithms coded with ‘bear market bias’ could be one possibility. Another involves words uttered by the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Nice. And the average age of the Fox New Channel is over 70 years. iphone, schmie phone, they don’t need it. 😉
- Fred Stiening said Tease of things to come http://conservative-talk.streamingradioguide.com/
- Fred Stiening said The lenders have agreed to wait until Wednesday to file the bankruptcy plan. It would wipe out $14 billion in debt, replaced by an equity swap and a spinoff of Clear Channel Outdoors. The bankruptc...
- Fred Stiening said Well, I have long believed that other countries interfere in the US elections to the detriment of Republicans. I have believed that since before working at NASDAQ, and it doesn’t need an elabor...
- Fred Stiening said The Internet (for the masses) arrives at Cuba https://aeon.co/videos/frustrations-flirtations-and-family-reunions-the-first-days-of-public-wifi-in-cuba
- briand75 said Fred, I like a decent conspiracy occasionally. So I wanted to run this one by you based on your experience. The Progressives have infiltrated the NYSE and other exchanges. Their virus makes bogus trad...
- countess robini said yup. and proud of it.
- Parrott said Gosh, you two are so radical : ) best parrott
Monthly Archives: July 2015
WLW-AM in Cincinnati is a one-of-a-kind radio station for a lot of reasons. It still dominates the ratings in Cincinnati and its entire programming lineup is live and locally produced. The station was acquired by Jacor in 1992, 4 years … Continue reading
CharlotteNC is the czar of North Carolina radio, looking to take over all of the Confederate territories. The Source In Spartanburg SC is an AM/FM pair owned by the feeble Davidson Media group, which has slowly been unloading a number … Continue reading
People in China are outraged about the village caught killing wolves to make wolf stew. Y
Operators of Low Power FM stations are pushing back of the rules the NAB/FCC imposed to make it impossible for them to survive, after having been authorized by Congress close to 15 years ago. Since they operate at 100 watts … Continue reading
The CEO of Emmis Radio has been on a campaign for a long time to get cell phone makers to enable their capability to listen to FM radio stations (the Wifi connection is itself just an FM receiver, so this … Continue reading
You won’t read much about music DJ’s here, as 80+% of the folks who traverse hyperspace and wind up here are looking for Rush Limbaugh and his ilk. John Landecker is one of those names in Chicagoland that generates immediate … Continue reading
With a few exceptions like Rush Limbaugh, free “On Demand” archives is the end for syndicated talk radio, and I’m not protecting radio stations from their fate for choosing to be lazy and stop producing local content. Clark Howard has … Continue reading
For a decade, Gordon Chang has been telling anyone who would listen that China’s economic boom was built on fake numbers and nonsensical economic activity like building empty cities that have no reason to exist. The Peking ducks have come … Continue reading
Well, just when the Internet ™ was working well, here is the bad news. After a decade of putting off the inevitable, the IPv4 address space is officially exhausted. No more 126.96.36.199 for you! Since moving to the linode server, … Continue reading