- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- 1,000 new FM “stations” to save AM
- Setting the table
- Reasons for hope at VOA
- Fired Google employee speaks out
- Pay to not play
- Caught Red Handed
- Real Diversity
- Schuye LaRue is living on the streets of Washington, D.C. … and she doesn’t want your help
- It’s PGA week
- August is for autumn
- Blow back
- Tom Taylor tells the radio world
- The Pullitzer for Daily Caller
- Joe Rago is dead
- It is Made in America day
- Amazon Fire
- Picking your grapes
- Chris Christie’s Radio debut
- Global Competition
- The Obama military
- July sunshine
- Charlotte bathroom update
- Trump has a new bulldog
- Used coffee cups
- Liberal web site creating fake “Conservative” news
- New York Observer
- 2017 Darwin award nominee
- Tree or not?
- Cumulus launches rights plan
- June bugging
- Merkel on Trump / Brexit
- The demise of NASCAR
- What is the purpose of Voice of America?
- countess robini said thanks, guys.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Excellent write up, Countess. It prompted me to remember a couple additional items for Mr and Mrs Parrott to consider: For breakfast, consider trying scrapple, you can’t find it outside Philade...
- countess robini said dear parrott: what fun! you and your wife get to go to philly! here’s the deal: bala cynwyd is prounounced bow-lah kin-wood. (that’s bow, like you’d do on stage.) it’s welsh....
- TheJerseyDevil said Looking good
- countess robini said dear chairman: love the alliteration! we’re doing all the “r” stuff right now. yes, we had planned initially to go to niagara falls (anybody else remember the movie with marilyn monr...
- TheChairman said Hopefully you can return to enjoy the area at a later date, after you’ve had time to recuperate, recharge, and relax. Were you planning to see Niagra Falls during your stay?
- countess robini said indeed, american airlines did well by us. sent employees to help us at every step of the way. much assistance in both the charlotte and buffalo airports, plus early boarding to make things easier f...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Get there as quickly as you can, Mr Parrott. The tolerant anti-fascists are toppling statues faster than the Taliban ever did. “Don’t let this letter dishearten anybody and never take no cutoffs and...
- Parrott said Hey Countess,, Hope all is well, I have a question ( s) for you Have you been to ‘Bala Cynwyd’ ? ( of course you have) Do you pronounce it like it is sort of spelled ? Wonder who na...
- TheChairman said Sorry… I didn’t think you were heading up to NY until September.
- Fred Stiening said Well, things didn’t work out as planned. After flying to Buffalo, spending one night at Chautauqua, we decided to return home ASAP and arrived home about 10 PM last night. American Airlines w...
- Fred Stiening said Most of the people reading thus probably remember thus post from 2013. http://streamingradioguide.com/startingover/?p=7663
- Fred Stiening said Homicide #57 of 2017 http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-killed-woman-injured-during-double-shooting-in-charlotte-parking-lot/588197616 Virtually all involved a black person – either as the dea...
- briand75 said Nice! Simple and classic 🙂
- briand75 said A few great tribes out in western NY: Iriquois, Oneida, Mohawk, Seneca to mention a few. City/town names that look difficult to pronounce have Indian roots like Chautauqua for one 🙂 Beautiful area!...
- TheChairman said Calling the kettle black and pointing out facts is taboogle…
- TheChairman said I hope you have a wonderful time in western NY!
- countess robini said yes! and thanks to the faithful ladies of the tuesday night prayer circle at mount pisgah AME church in lawnside , new jersey, for praying for my husband. they’re not ashamed of believing every...
- countess robini said thank you, adam, for your kind good wishes.
- countess robini said dear friend: thank you thank you thank you.
- countess robini said dear brian: your prayer blossomed into multiple examples of god’s grace in the past few weeks. THANK YOU.
- countess robini said thank you, dear chairman, for these precious words. i will hold them in my heart.
- Fred Stiening said Here is the original “screed” with graphs and the footnotes https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
- Fred Stiening said Actually, the other end of the state – a place called Chautauqua
- Fred Stiening said Justin Bieber has been spotted at the Country Club. Lock up the children!
- TheChairman said Got the news around 3 pm, but couldn’t reply until now… glad you’re home. Rest up for your honeymoon in NYC! 😉
- Fred Stiening said The PGA championship is one of the four major golf events, but confusingly is put on by the PGA, but not organized by the separate PGA Tour™. The PGA Championship is open to the pros that work...
- Fred Stiening said Hopefully real scientists will eventually take “science” back from the children. I remember a few years ago when it was discovered that Russia had an entire month’s worth of data mi...
- Fred Stiening said Back home. It could not have gone better. Stent is in, get to wear it for 6 weeks, no infection left. New York, here we come. Thank you for your concern and prayers.
- briand75 said Feeding into the mush-brain zombie Global Warming acolytes. Sad.
- Adam S said Whew!
- TheChairman said Our thoughts will be with you tomorrow Fred, we’ll be awaiting good news.
- Fred Stiening said The article made the point that IGE tried to persuade gaming companies that if they sold “gold”, there were billions of dollars to be made… at least in the short term
- briand75 said So many games now are “in app purchases” that it makes you wonder how many billions the gaming universe is worth.
- TheChairman said My avatar has been sitting by a bridge listening to the minstrel for the past few years.
- Fred Stiening said It’s OK to say God 😉 This isn’t Google.
- Adam S said Thank you Mr. Stiening for your blog and radio database. I have accessed them frequently and gained much enjoyment. Best wishes to you and Countessrobini. May G-d bless and keep you both safe.
- TheChairman said Actually, I knew you were being quite literal. Except my view is the RINO establishment monkey-wrenched the repeal and replace agenda, and continues to obstruct. As I pointed out to my wife, if this...
- Fred Stiening said My comment wasn’t as sarcastic as it might have sounded. While the Blue Cross plan was essentially the only choice, I’ve met the yearly maximum out of pocket limit, so decisions will be m...
- Fred Stiening said Thank you for being there and caring… So far, the doctor thinks we will be okay to travel to New York (state) for a honeymoon of sorts. That is contingent on a successful outcome on Tuesday....
- TheChairman said Fate and destiny often travel together but arrive separately. You encountered fate, Countess was your destiny. Get out there and make the most of your time together. Maybe post your travels via the...
- Parrott said Amen. Countess, you and Fred are in our Prayers, best, parrott
- Fred Stiening said Back home. Thank God for Obamacare.
- briand75 said Dear Lord – We believe that Fred will heal and recover and will be better than ever. We believe that he will be with Countess in health for many years to come. We thank you, Lord for your abunda...
- countess robini said dear friends: please pray for us.
- Fred Stiening said Personal update. I’m back in the hospital. My routine low risk procedure didn’t work as planned. The semi-emergency backup plan failed. Open surgery is looking extremely likely.
- Parrott said Interesting live streaming tidbits, GSN Global Star Radio network, has dropped an hour of Alex Jones, from 2pm -3pm . They use to have all three hours of Jone’s infomercial. They added anot...
- TheJerseyDevil said The end of an era! Thank you Fred for everything. And thanks for keeping the blog going, at least for the time being. You have many supporters, as you have found out, all of whom deeply appreciate the...
- TheJerseyDevil said When I lived and worked in Michigan for a few years, people used to say, “If you don’t like our weather, wait a few minutes.” Maybe that can apply to the White House staff now? Scar...
- Parrott said How appropriate that July was ‘Sunshine’, now that North Korea can hit toss at us, a little ‘canned sunshine’ . Thank you Bill Clinton & previous Governor of New Mexico B...
Monthly Archives: August 2015
Salem Radio is renaming the “Top of the hour” news service branded as SRN News.. It is being replaced by “News from Townhall.com” on News Talk Stations. Since Salem owns Townhall.com, this is mostly rebranding. The change has a lot … Continue reading
The process should be much more obvious now. There used to be several ways to get where you wanted to go. The most unobvious was here: The new editing / volunteering model is based on people being responsible for one … Continue reading
The new method of testing completely shields you from bad stuff unless you make a deliberate choice to be unprotected Let’s say you decided to be in charge of “Full Service” radio stations – stations (mostly AM) that don’t carry … Continue reading
A surprisingly large number of local radio stations still rely on syndicated music formats – that used to be provided by several competing companies. All of those competitors are now owned by Cumulus Media under the Westwood One branding. Those … Continue reading
Tunein introduced a new paid subscription service. The main feature is 600 channels will be available without commercials, with carefully selected filler music covering the commercial breaks, along with Baseball. http://techcrunch.com/2015/08/25/tunein-launches-tunein-premium-with-ad-free-radio-audiobooks-mlb-games/ Tunein is a much bigger deal than SRGuide is … Continue reading
No matter how great your economy, an 80% increase in value can’t be real. It is a lesson each generation has to learn again, as apparently greed is encoded in human DNA and overrides rational thought. As it started to … Continue reading
The Bloomberg app is your friend: (There are 42 gallons in a barrel) The bad news is nobody will be able to afford it. Welcome to quantitative revenge. Some Chinese Bluegrass music might calm our nerves.
Radio is always looking for the next big thing – I think I just found it. 你怎么说“我要你尖叫像猪！”普通话？