- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- The Cashless Society
- CMLS is toast
- Koch Brothers expected to fund takeover of Time Magazine
- Stuy Town and Charlotte
- Remington guns for Black Friday
- Mobile Homes are now too expensive to afford
- CBS Radio merger into Entercom has closed
- Pilot / Flying J
- The EPCOT vision of Bill Gates
- Chinese Hamster Ovary cells
- College in 2017
- Murder solved
- iHeart embraces podcasting, uh-huh
- Triton digital rankings
- Before the @ sign
- City on a hill
- November, a time for new beginnings
- Donna Brazile: Hillary did rig the primary
- The coming war over smelly fruit
- Women are analog, men are digital
- Without Google
- President Trump to release JFK files
- When Free isn’t free
- FBI: Bill Clinton accepted bribes from Russia for Uranium
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- TheChairman said I would think Mr Howells might accept a 50/50 split if they found his disk intact… would make an interesting movie/script.
- Fred Stiening said The collusion in the subject is the KFC and Burger King in the food court
- CC1s121LrBGT said Correct. But if I spent some time and effort getting dirty in my landfill looking for it, and I find it, I would want some compensation. 😉
- TheChairman said The crux of the situation would be the password to access the key. Mr. Howells has the password to open the wallet.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I had read that Ashbrook was guilty of “hugs” and ‘neck rubs”. I ran into a guy that I used to work with years ago and he slapped me on the back and said it was good to see m...
- CC1s121LrBGT said An interesting side story would be, “who owns the hard drive?”. I know this story is based in the UK and subject to UK law, but had it been in the US, I believe the landfill owner would ow...
- briand75 said The very dangerous Larry King! I would ask the Countess if she agrees – my wife would have taken Larry down to the floor. No need for future recriminations and gnashing of teeth over harassment...
- Fred Stiening said The Russian colluder Larry King now stands accused of touching a women on the butt who described her dress as backless with a deep plunge in the back.
- TheChairman said Perhaps use the old Salem test from the 1600’s: Do they float?
- TheChairman said I think my example may be getting a bit muddled because the word ‘exchange’ is being used in two contexts: the Bitcoin exchanges, and the Futures exchanges. I meant Winklevoss’ can...
- Fred Stiening said Add Ryan Lizza of New Yorker to the list. These men should be forced to have their genitalia removed to prove their innocence. Only a guilty man would object to that.
- Fred Stiening said A key thing (I haven’t looked) is whether the contracts are clearable against each other (I doubt it)… if you could buy on the CBOT and sell on the CME and offset the trades, then that would pu...
- TheChairman said Some genders are more equal than others.
- TheChairman said Yep, he’s one of many. Truth be told, I considered mining Bitcoin when it first appeared in 2009-10, but I probably over-thought the odd futility of mining for SHA256 hashes with leading zero...
- TheChairman said But the CBOE is only getting a bitcoin price index from the Winklevoss’ own Gemini Trust (bitcoin exchange)… so what’s to stop them from using some of their own bitcoins to anonymous...
- Fred Stiening said Future markets are dependent on a credible cash market. The cash exchange needs to be a neutral party, not one that carries open positions on its own account. NASDAQ does not own stocks it trades,...
- Fred Stiening said Based on what I read last night, the margin requirements are adjusted from day to day based on the volatility of the trading range. It probably also varies based on how long until expiration. The...
- TheChairman said Given the rashness with which CBOE and CME brought Bitcoin to their markets, I’m not sure there was a plan… just pressure from traders and a calculated gamble. I read the margin requireme...
- Fred Stiening said The first evening saw two trading halts as the price surged https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/10/bitcoin-futures-set-to-trade-on-cboe-sunday-evening.html
- briand75 said Amazing. Salem witch hunt redux.
- Fred Stiening said Presumption of innocence is not in the Federal Constitution – it is a legal tradition based in English Common Law. Most of the accusations do not reach the level of a criminal act or the person...
- Fred Stiening said Tom Ashbrook, the host of WBUR’s syndicated “On Point” show, has been yanked off the air. The main complaint seems to be that he tells his underlings if their work sucked and doesn’t treat the young...
- briand75 said I got burned during the era when the Hunt Brothers were trying to corner the market in Silver. I can testify on how fast the bottom can fall out of the commodity. I am afraid bitcoin is way to loosey...
- briand75 said I believe the backbone of our legal system is “innocent until proven guilty”. I can’t cite the exact source of that claim, but we are well served to remember this regardless of wheth...
- Fred Stiening said Not overly reliable sources said the CBOE was going to put cash to value requirement at 30%, extremely high for a futures contract, which are normally around 5-15%. At expiration, physical delivery i...
- Fred Stiening said After 4 hours, the future value of a bitcoin (for delivery on January 17, 2018) is up about 15% at around $18,000 each. Futures contracts do not require that you own the commodity in order to offer...
- Fred Stiening said At the start of trading, the CBOE web server was flooded beyond capacity. I’m not sure what the plan is. I’ve been away long enough that I don’t know how things work any more. The Merc and CBOT...
- CC1s121LrBGT said How about Howells? 7,500 bitcoins. As I type this, google says each bitcoin is worth $15,495 so Mr Howells is looking for his $116,212,500.00 old hard drive in the landfill. http://www.independent.co...
- Fred Stiening said http://www.startribune.com/could-cascade-of-allegations-send-metoo-movement-off-the-rails/463076833/
- TheChairman said Yes, looks delicious and probably much more ‘organic’ than what we get here.
- TheChairman said Indeed Fred, knowing a bit about your background, what are your thoughts about CBOE & CME going forward with it? I really question if they understand Bitcoin’s flaws, severe scaling limitat...
- Fred Stiening said Or the girl is pregnant
- Fred Stiening said She explains in the video – she and a man are eating together at the mall… the scoops are chicken salad, crab salad, and cheese served on a large baked potato cut in half
- TheChairman said Minimum age of marriage in N.H. remains 13 for women, 14 for men
- Fred Stiening said Details about the CBOE and CME in Chicago starting to trade futures and options on bitcoins http://fortune.com/2017/12/09/bitcoin-mainstream-finance/
- TheChairman said Thus my comment on the liberal strategy for the next election: ‘man-hate 2020’ replaces ‘white guilt 2008’. I think the voice of reason this time will need to come from a woma...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ll sign for you. I am not a big fan of censorship. I say enough stupid things off the air and can’t imagine how many I would say if I had to talk and talk and talk to try to say things t...
- briand75 said Yes! You are correct. Romper stomper bomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me do. Maybe I have been traumatized 🙂
- CC1s121LrBGT said I think Romper Room gave rise to “Do Be”‘s.
- briand75 said Privyet! This looks quite interesting – I am not sure what it all is though? Any reviews?
- briand75 said So who is running Belk department store? Further Kangaroo references: Tom Terrific and Mr. Moose. And if you watched the Captain, you may have watched Romper Room?
- briand75 said Well, I want my stuff for free 🙂 I see so many other folks getting things for free, how about me? (God, I love this progressive mantra stuff!)
- CC1s121LrBGT said Mr Moose feels forgotten. lol
- TheChairman said Yep… probably my earliest memory of TV as a toddler.
- Fred Stiening said Too late https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/09/arts/television/cosmo-allegretti-captain-kangaroo-actor-and-puppeteer-dies-at-86.html
- Fred Stiening said Cue Mr Bunny Rabbit and Dancing Bear
- CC1s121LrBGT said Mister Green Jeans, Captain. 😉
- TheChairman said ‘Green’ jeans.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Retail is in their jeans.
- TheChairman said Yes. After realizing there wasn’t a way to tell the interface that I was finished, it occurred to me that I needed to outwit the thing. At that point I was a bit anxious, as there was a line f...
Monthly Archives: January 2016
December’s results are in. The trend to stream using mobile devices rolls on. Triton Digital Report Triton Digital is the biggest platform for radio streaming and has “instrumentation” for other streaming services. It isn’t measuring everything, but most of the … Continue reading
The New Cumulus is starting to emerge. The new CEO is not just an executive who happens to be a woman, but a woman on a mission to transform Cumulus into a female company. She just axed her male SVP … Continue reading
Those of you who care about such things will know that Charlotte NC is hosting an NFL playoff game today. It’s still 5 hours from game time, and uber is surging. The super surge though will be when the game … Continue reading
January 29th, 2016 is the starting date for small town (Class C and Class D) AM stations to apply for the once in a lifetime opportunity to move (acquire) an existing FM translator from up to 250 miles away. This … Continue reading
The folks at Live365 used the performance royalty hike from $.14 per hundred songs to $.17 as the reason for firing their employees and ceasing operations. Live365 was never a major player in streaming. Most of its remaining clients were … Continue reading
The annual blizzard is today. 1/4″ of snow brings the city to a halt. Yesterday, school was called off, and the airport was closed for today. Not a problem. If you want streets plowed, move back to New Jersey. I … Continue reading
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/149357/supreme-court-declines-to-hear-trn-s-appeal-of-mic The US Supreme Court has refused to hear an appeal from the Roy Masters controlled Talk Radio Network. Michael Savage had tried to leave Talk Radio Network to join Westwood One, but Talk Radio Network tried to stop him … Continue reading
Are you stopped at a level for a week and just can’t get by? There is a moderately easy way without spending money. You should be able to earn the equivalent of the giant bonus on the lucky wheel every … Continue reading
https://tone-analyzer-demo.mybluemix.net/ Let’s analyze the Rusty Hmphries story: Pretty negative and tentative. Watson will now make me cheerful and confident. Here is my new improved version Last year, several related news stories were reported by reliable media sources.. USA Radio Network … Continue reading