- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- President Trump to release JFK files
- When Free isn’t free
- FBI: Bill Clinton accepted bribes from Russia for Uranium
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- Buying Local
- Can you decipher this?
- 1st annual radio haiku contest
- Alphabet to the rescue
- The final days of CMLS
- SimState: the end of property rights
- The coming German food war
- Multiple choice slavery test
- End of local radio for many
- Deep Thinking
- The shootings in Vegas
- How much diversity is too much?
- Google rethinks its News policy
- October, the Eighth Month
- The Food Bank
- Revenge of the Killer Peaches
- Obamacare Repeal is dead
- Hate Speech
- Danger at the tracks
- Free Speech canceled
- Frida Sofiá was fake news
- Coming to a Youtube video near you
- 13 dead in Puerto Rico, so far
- Can you spell “Deportation”?
- The coming water famine
- Parrott said Yeah, My parents was waiting, they even had the article from teh newspaper on it and brought it over to my house to show. I bet a lot of people are looking forward to it. CIA guy, Mike Pompeio(...
- Linda S. said I have missed the blog. I will try and do better . Thanks for all your work and information, Fred.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per the USGS map on this web page, the Sugar Maple (Acer Saccharum) covers Maine as surely as the Atlanta Journal used to cover Dixie like the Dew. https://www.lakeforest.edu/academics/programs/enviro...
- Fred Stiening said If you dig into the farm history, Bob moved the farm from Maine to North Carolina, so I guess you need Google Earth to view the Maple trees…
- Fred Stiening said Google News has deliberately buried this story, probably because Alex Jones is mentioned
- CC1s121LrBGT said “farm fresh” milk is what that web page advertises. Interesting that it “MapleView”. I remember when you first moved to NC and were talking about sweeteners, the subject of m...
- Fred Stiening said Here is the dairy where the stale milk came from. http://mapleviewfarm.com/ They list no locations anywhere near Waxhaw…
- Fred Stiening said I am attempting to ditch the secure https from the web server. If you have saved bookmarks with https:// They may fail to work as intended
- countess robini said dear brian: it was interesting to see how people self-selected into groups during the reunion activities, just like in college. we avoided the noisy, boozey stuff and hung out with the smart, quiet ki...
- countess robini said they sell wonderful peaches but i wonder how long that will continue. right nearby is a sign about a new medical complex that is to be built in what is now a peach orchard. the development in the fort...
- Parrott said You know, Mrs Parrott and I was going to drive through Las Vegas ( on our bucket list) when we hit the Grand Canyon. That was where we were going to stay, ‘Mandalay Bay’ . Kenny Chesn...
- CC1s121LrBGT said It is still a good option for all of us in case the power fails and you want to hear what is going on in the world. Another option I suggest is a new unlocked Android phone. You can get a new one wit...
- Fred Stiening said Lemon stickers not included
- Fred Stiening said http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1994/cp_car/
- CC1s121LrBGT said See? You didn’t need Youtube to inspire you. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said The official story doesn’t pass the smell test. Speculation is that the shooter may have been a government informant that snapped as a result of being mistreated or set up as a fall guy by the r...
- countess robini said i know real, over-the-air radio is dying. (fred brought me to this conclusion; i kicked and screamed all the way.) but not at our house! here, radio lives! what’s inside the package from c cran...
- Fred Stiening said I discovered that with enough pulleys, you could put a car on the roof of the science building
- countess robini said but you didn’t spend all your time at catawba fighting for truth, justice and the american way. you received the 1977 werner von braun award. tell the story, honey.
- Parrott said That was no interview, Ellen laid out the corporate story line and Jesus Julio Iglacious Campost just agreed and shook his head. Nothing to see here , keep moving along. He didn’t want no...
- Parrott said Hey Briand, I heard on the Hagmann and Hagmann report that the CIA is asking for an extension on the Kennedy files that have been sealed. Minimum of 25 more years. I plan on being around, but m...
- Fred Stiening said Google is investing $1 billion in Lyft, the competitor to Uber in the ride sharing business Yesterday, I was notified that Google Express will deliver from Walmart, but not perishable items
- CC1s121LrBGT said Evidently he showed up for a one time exclusive interview on Wednesday… to the Ellen show and only the Ellen show. Ellen did not interview but instead praised him for saving lives.. that was act...
- Fred Stiening said That might explain why he is unavailable to talk with reporters
- CC1s121LrBGT said Update: “Investigative reporter Laura Loomer obtained an exclusive report about Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos who was shot in the hallway by Stephen Paddock. It appears Campos share...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Update. Yesterday, President Trump met with talk radio shows including Hugh Hewitt, Chris Plante, Mary Walter & Vince Coglianese (WMAL) Tony Katz (WIBC Indianapolis) and Chris Stigall (WPHT) ( s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. First time I read it, I heard it in my inner voice that I seem to hear when reading any material. But they I went back and re-read it and heard it in the voice of Jeannie C. Riley (no relation t...
- Fred Stiening said For those who remember: Catawba Football: Up the middle; punt; repeat Time for the Beer Bash
- CC1s121LrBGT said Joy to the water The suds have come. La tierra Recede agua.
- Fred Stiening said And Catawba’s music program is mentioned in InTuneMonthly magazne https://www.intunemonthly.com/college18/ But if you want to find out why, you need to subscribe
- Fred Stiening said One glimmer of hope – Stanback Plaza had a fountain in the central gathering place outside the student center. About 10 years ago, the fountain was drained and filled in with dirt. The ration...
- Fred Stiening said Here is some alt-history for Catawba https://triad-city-beat.com/fresh-eyes-pat-mccrory-for-president/ I was Frank Mianzo’s rommate – for one night. I transferred in late for my sophomore year...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I checked the website and found “Catawba College is ranked #4 among the best colleges in the South. Located in historic Salisbury, NC, it is a private, coeducational liberal arts college”...
- briand75 said “precious snowflakes” – I am having trouble with the word “precious”. Could we substitute something more descriptive – say: “bedwetter”. Catawba isnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said O’er the streams we go A neocon guest tonight Calls from cellphone ring Nighttime open sky What fun it is to drone Strong strong strong strong strong
- briand75 said Amazing that BBQ is so popular! I spent much time in the Southeast US and so I am fond of Pork BBQ. I was taken aback when I spent time in TX as they explained that the only “real” BBQ was...
- briand75 said Stating the obvious: Democrats are, by and large, peevish and illogical children.
- Fred Stiening said A correction – the college friend (who I talked with on Saturday) was from Wadesboro, not Waxhaw 😉 He was not well enough to attend… he was missed by those who knew him
- Fred Stiening said And that was after I ate some – had a sandwich last night and today for lunch from the leftovers. I gained two pounds over the weekend. Friday night we ate at a Japanese steak house similar t...
- Fred Stiening said We don’t have audio, earlier footage, and the 1st shooter may well have had a permit. It is legal to carry a loaded weapon inside your car in North Carolina with the proper permit. There are overla...
- TheChairman said Wow… it looks like you have over 1 pound of pork on that plate!
- TheChairman said Notwithstanding the #2 shooter — he fired too late for “self defense”– the 1st shooter should be arrested for attempted murder. He clearly used a concealed weapon. The recidiv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said CB Radios Silent Since the 70s Analog static
- Fred Stiening said Democrats want to hold hearings to force the 5 FCC commissioners to publicly repudiate Trump’s tweet.
- Fred Stiening said We had brunch yesterday at a farm out in the rural area outside Salisbury. The host mentioned that one of the features of living in the rural area is having to deal with wolves and the occasional bo...
- Fred Stiening said The concept is a bit muddled once you leave the Japanese culture. The Japanese language is based on characters rather than phonetic spelling with discrete syllables. That makes it hard to translate...
- briand75 said Agreed CC. Free speech is necessary for freedom. As for the shooter, I notice they are sending his brain out for analysis.
- briand75 said dogs bark in the dark whirling round the antenna radio today
- Fred Stiening said The guy who shot 2nd has been arrested. He is a convicted felon arrested 10 times in the past 3 years, and just released from prison. His car was spotted at 1 am (probably a license plate reader) a...
- TheChairman said Aha … I wondered why you posted the score, figured perhaps one was your alma mater. The comment on the size of the college was not a ‘dig’. Indeed, my first thought was nice small...
Monthly Archives: June 2016
Today is poll day apparently – being the end of the quarter. In the national race, Rasmussen shows Trump +4 over Hillary. They didn’t include Gary Johnson (Libertarian) or the Green Party. While nobody realistically expects Johnson to win, you … Continue reading
Denver was abuzz yesterday. The original story was a guy had entered the Alliance Center, located across the street from Union Station in downtown. The alliance center is a progressive office building housing a number of different environmental and social … Continue reading
This is old news, but former Progressive radio host and MSNBC host Ed Shultz has a job much better suited to his skills. He currently does a TV show for RT (Russia Today) educating America and the English Speaking world … Continue reading
The Miami Herald extols the success of a woman in Haiti running a thriving business making toilet paper to improve hygiene in Haiti. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/haiti/article85131647.html This shockingly is being funded ($200k) by the US Agency for International Devlopment (USAID). The government … Continue reading
So when people ride using Uber, what happens with the “radio”? What are the rules? For about the past 3 years, I don’t even turn on the radio in my own car, so when riding Uber, asking the driver to … Continue reading
The Reverse Auction – where TV stations bid their offer downward – of what it will take for them to turn in their license – should finish on Wednesday https://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2016/06/fcc-spectrum-auction-bidding-scheduled-end-wednesday-0 Once the price of the 100 MHz of spectrum nationwide … Continue reading
China has a problem. It has money with nowhere to invest it. Increasingly, it sees the United States as an enemy. China officially launched the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank this weekend. http://www.japantoday.com/category/business/view/china-led-development-bank-approves-first-loans The AIIB is roughly similar to the World … Continue reading
A guest in John Batchelor was a classic case of “projection”, where you inject your own opinions onto other people, believing they share your motivations. The guest said multiple times that the motivation of the people who voted for Brexit … Continue reading
75 year old George Will has quit the GOP over Donald Trump winning. It’s baseball season, after all.