- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Mining bitcoins is destroying the planet
- Who will be the Joseph Welch of #metoo?
- Russian Collusion
- The “Three Generation Rule”
- The Cashless Society
- CMLS is toast
- Koch Brothers expected to fund takeover of Time Magazine
- Stuy Town and Charlotte
- Remington guns for Black Friday
- Mobile Homes are now too expensive to afford
- CBS Radio merger into Entercom has closed
- Pilot / Flying J
- The EPCOT vision of Bill Gates
- Chinese Hamster Ovary cells
- College in 2017
- Murder solved
- iHeart embraces podcasting, uh-huh
- Triton digital rankings
- Before the @ sign
- City on a hill
- November, a time for new beginnings
- Donna Brazile: Hillary did rig the primary
- The coming war over smelly fruit
- Women are analog, men are digital
- Without Google
- President Trump to release JFK files
- When Free isn’t free
- FBI: Bill Clinton accepted bribes from Russia for Uranium
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- TheChairman said Given the rashness with which CBOE and CME brought Bitcoin to their markets, I’m not sure there was a plan… just pressure from traders and a calculated gamble. I read the margin requireme...
- Fred Stiening said The first evening saw two trading halts as the price surged https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/10/bitcoin-futures-set-to-trade-on-cboe-sunday-evening.html
- briand75 said Amazing. Salem witch hunt redux.
- Fred Stiening said Presumption of innocence is not in the Federal Constitution – it is a legal tradition based in English Common Law. Most of the accusations do not reach the level of a criminal act or the person...
- Fred Stiening said Tom Ashbrook, the host of WBUR’s syndicated “On Point” show, has been yanked off the air.
- briand75 said I got burned during the era when the Hunt Brothers were trying to corner the market in Silver. I can testify on how fast the bottom can fall out of the commodity. I am afraid bitcoin is way to loosey...
- briand75 said I believe the backbone of our legal system is “innocent until proven guilty”. I can’t cite the exact source of that claim, but we are well served to remember this regardless of wheth...
- Fred Stiening said Not overly reliable sources said the CBOE was going to put cash to value requirement at 30%, extremely high for a futures contract, which are normally around 5-15%. At expiration, physical delivery i...
- Fred Stiening said After 4 hours, the future value of a bitcoin (for delivery on January 17, 2018) is up about 15% at around $18,000 each. Futures contracts do not require that you own the commodity in order to offer...
- Fred Stiening said At the start of trading, the CBOE web server was flooded beyond capacity. I’m not sure what the plan is. I’ve been away long enough that I don’t know how things work any more. The Merc and CBOT...
- CC1s121LrBGT said How about Howells? 7,500 bitcoins. As I type this, google says each bitcoin is worth $15,495 so Mr Howells is looking for his $116,212,500.00 old hard drive in the landfill. http://www.independent.co...
- Fred Stiening said http://www.startribune.com/could-cascade-of-allegations-send-metoo-movement-off-the-rails/463076833/
- TheChairman said Yes, looks delicious and probably much more ‘organic’ than what we get here.
- TheChairman said Indeed Fred, knowing a bit about your background, what are your thoughts about CBOE & CME going forward with it? I really question if they understand Bitcoin’s flaws, severe scaling limitat...
- Fred Stiening said Or the girl is pregnant
- Fred Stiening said She explains in the video – she and a man are eating together at the mall… the scoops are chicken salad, crab salad, and cheese served on a large baked potato cut in half
- TheChairman said Minimum age of marriage in N.H. remains 13 for women, 14 for men
- Fred Stiening said Details about the CBOE and CME in Chicago starting to trade futures and options on bitcoins http://fortune.com/2017/12/09/bitcoin-mainstream-finance/
- TheChairman said Thus my comment on the liberal strategy for the next election: ‘man-hate 2020’ replaces ‘white guilt 2008’. I think the voice of reason this time will need to come from a woma...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ll sign for you. I am not a big fan of censorship. I say enough stupid things off the air and can’t imagine how many I would say if I had to talk and talk and talk to try to say things t...
- briand75 said Yes! You are correct. Romper stomper bomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me do. Maybe I have been traumatized 🙂
- CC1s121LrBGT said I think Romper Room gave rise to “Do Be”‘s.
- briand75 said Privyet! This looks quite interesting – I am not sure what it all is though? Any reviews?
- briand75 said So who is running Belk department store? Further Kangaroo references: Tom Terrific and Mr. Moose. And if you watched the Captain, you may have watched Romper Room?
- briand75 said Well, I want my stuff for free 🙂 I see so many other folks getting things for free, how about me? (God, I love this progressive mantra stuff!)
- CC1s121LrBGT said Mr Moose feels forgotten. lol
- TheChairman said Yep… probably my earliest memory of TV as a toddler.
- Fred Stiening said Too late https://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/09/arts/television/cosmo-allegretti-captain-kangaroo-actor-and-puppeteer-dies-at-86.html
- Fred Stiening said Cue Mr Bunny Rabbit and Dancing Bear
- CC1s121LrBGT said Mister Green Jeans, Captain. 😉
- TheChairman said ‘Green’ jeans.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Retail is in their jeans.
- TheChairman said Yes. After realizing there wasn’t a way to tell the interface that I was finished, it occurred to me that I needed to outwit the thing. At that point I was a bit anxious, as there was a line f...
- CC1s121LrBGT said JWO – Just Walk Out. That is the name of the grocery store technology that Amazon has been beta testing. It recognizes your face when you walk in, follows you through out the store and then char...
- Fred Stiening said The trick would have been to put the $5 bill in first. I recently did (sortof) the self checkout at the Wal-Mart market store. The only lane staffed was the service desk.
- Fred Stiening said The vending machine behaved like it would take Apple pay but the phone didn’t seem to get to the point of doing the final authorization step. I suspect I needed to enter the list of things I w...
- TheChairman said If cashless is the carrot, then ‘cashierless’ checkout is a stick. When this first appeared in grocery stores years ago, my reaction was: “If I’m doing checkout & bagging,...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I’ve been on the lookout for one that takes Google Pay or Apply Pay so you don’t need plastic money. There are now vending machines with facial recognition and they will speak to you as y...
- Fred Stiening said Tom Taylor’s Friday newsletter indicates this is not a prepackaged bankruptcy and the chance for the proposed restructuring may fall apart as the junior creditors are being stiffed by the senior credi...
- Linda S. said Everything in this country is totally out of whack…
- CC1s121LrBGT said Maybe that quake tonight, centered in Deleware, was someone dropping a coffee pot at the Tim Horton’s in Dover? lol A few years ago, they invaded the US. I live 2 miles from one in NJ. I see...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Didn’t feel it at all. NJ gets micro quakes every couple years and I remember one waking me up in the 60s. Didn’t know what it was until I was in school later that day. There was only one...
- Parrott said CC : did you feel the quake there in Jersey that was centered in Delaware ? Gomer Pyle is dead. 87. best parrott
- TheChairman said What I don’t understand is how some of these crypto’currency’ startups are allowed to do an ICO (“initial coin offering” posing as IPO) and walk off with $250 million and...
- Parrott said How many Bitcoins can dance on the head of a pin? I no longer clean the Cat’s litter box. I mine for bitcoins. Its about the same. Let me know if anyone wants some ‘new’ bitcoin...
- Parrott said Thanks CC, Yeah I like Tim Hortons coffee. I really liked their little stores in Charlottetown on PEI a couple years ago. oh that was close! F-15 Strike Eagles playing reindeer games! Good Lord t...
- TheChairman said Oh wow Fred! This could be a long discussion… indeed, the energy and resources being expended is a form of irrational exuberance. How can something with such volatility be a ‘currencyR...
- Fred Stiening said As the value of bitcoins goes up, is that going to incentive more people to buy more computers to farm more bitcoins and drive the United States into an energy crisis?
- Fred Stiening said Poke a hole in the ground in Flint and you get chromium and turpentine residue. Of course, the “old” GM did that, not the current GM.
- CC1s121LrBGT said That’s a good one, TheChairman. I really got a chuckle from that. Thank you.
Monthly Archives: September 2016
We have a new candidate for how – nuclear war between Pakistan and India. The Sun Kashmir is a god awful hellhole. It is disputed territory in between India and Pakistan, keeping in mind that before 1947, Pakistan was part … Continue reading
By now, you probably have heard there has been a major train crash in the Hoboken NJ commuter rail station. It is basically a transfer station between New Jersey Transit and PATH, the subway system that carries commuters to the … Continue reading
Congress officially voted today and failed to block turning over control of the IANA. The organization that “runs” the Internet is not the US Government or the United Nations – it is The Internet Society. Prior to 1992, what we … Continue reading
Desert Trip (NY times) On October 7th and the following weekend, the aging giants of Rock and Roll will be gathering at the Coachella Valley venue in Indio California for a once in a lifetime concert called Desert Trip. Unlike … Continue reading
In the beginning was ARPA. Not looking forward to what the internet would become, several high level groups of internet names (generic Top Level Domains) were created – .com, .mil, .net, .org, .edu under the myopic perspective that the Internet … Continue reading
Saudi Arabia changed course today. Possibly in response to the United States playing hardball on 9/11, the Saudis agreed in principle to stop producing oil as fast as they can. OPEC agreed in principle to shrink production 750,000 barrels a … Continue reading
The guys at Reason magazine (the Libertarians) have consistently suggested that if you are having problems with a person you love, the last option to consider is to call 911 to “get them help”. Man shot dead in San Diego … Continue reading
Breitbart There was no mention of this in any of the Radio industry news sources, except this one from Radio Ink, which is reporting the story after Breitbart broke the story. The only reason I found out was listening to … Continue reading
Be sure to have a radio or TV turned on.