- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- FBI: Bill Clinton accepted bribes from Russia for Uranium
- Fake news – KRACK
- Cheap lakefront lots for sale
- College radio, Catawba style
- Lexington BBQ
- Another day in the big city
- President Trump threatens broadcast licenses
- Buying Local
- Can you decipher this?
- 1st annual radio haiku contest
- Alphabet to the rescue
- The final days of CMLS
- SimState: the end of property rights
- The coming German food war
- Multiple choice slavery test
- End of local radio for many
- Deep Thinking
- The shootings in Vegas
- How much diversity is too much?
- Google rethinks its News policy
- October, the Eighth Month
- The Food Bank
- Revenge of the Killer Peaches
- Obamacare Repeal is dead
- Hate Speech
- Danger at the tracks
- Free Speech canceled
- Frida Sofiá was fake news
- Coming to a Youtube video near you
- 13 dead in Puerto Rico, so far
- Can you spell “Deportation”?
- The coming water famine
- Testing bias
- Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts hits the showers
- Fred Stiening said That might explain why he is unavailable to talk with reporters
- CC1s121LrBGT said Update: “Investigative reporter Laura Loomer obtained an exclusive report about Mandalay Bay security guard Jesus Campos who was shot in the hallway by Stephen Paddock. It appears Campos share...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Update. Yesterday, President Trump met with talk radio shows including Hugh Hewitt, Chris Plante, Mary Walter & Vince Coglianese (WMAL) Tony Katz (WIBC Indianapolis) and Chris Stigall (WPHT) ( s...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. First time I read it, I heard it in my inner voice that I seem to hear when reading any material. But they I went back and re-read it and heard it in the voice of Jeannie C. Riley (no relation t...
- Fred Stiening said For those who remember: Catawba Football: Up the middle; punt; repeat Time for the Beer Bash
- CC1s121LrBGT said Joy to the water The suds have come. La tierra Recede agua.
- Fred Stiening said And Catawba’s music program is mentioned in InTuneMonthly magazne https://www.intunemonthly.com/college18/ But if you want to find out why, you need to subscribe
- Fred Stiening said One glimmer of hope – Stanback Plaza had a fountain in the central gathering place outside the student center. About 10 years ago, the fountain was drained and filled in with dirt. The ration...
- Fred Stiening said Here is some alt-history for Catawba https://triad-city-beat.com/fresh-eyes-pat-mccrory-for-president/ I was Frank Mianzo’s rommate – for one night. I transferred in late for my sophomore year...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I checked the website and found “Catawba College is ranked #4 among the best colleges in the South. Located in historic Salisbury, NC, it is a private, coeducational liberal arts college”...
- briand75 said “precious snowflakes” – I am having trouble with the word “precious”. Could we substitute something more descriptive – say: “bedwetter”. Catawba isnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said O’er the streams we go A neocon guest tonight Calls from cellphone ring Nighttime open sky What fun it is to drone Strong strong strong strong strong
- briand75 said Amazing that BBQ is so popular! I spent much time in the Southeast US and so I am fond of Pork BBQ. I was taken aback when I spent time in TX as they explained that the only “real” BBQ was...
- briand75 said Stating the obvious: Democrats are, by and large, peevish and illogical children.
- Fred Stiening said A correction – the college friend (who I talked with on Saturday) was from Wadesboro, not Waxhaw 😉 He was not well enough to attend… he was missed by those who knew him
- Fred Stiening said And that was after I ate some – had a sandwich last night and today for lunch from the leftovers. I gained two pounds over the weekend. Friday night we ate at a Japanese steak house similar t...
- Fred Stiening said We don’t have audio, earlier footage, and the 1st shooter may well have had a permit. It is legal to carry a loaded weapon inside your car in North Carolina with the proper permit. There are overla...
- TheChairman said Wow… it looks like you have over 1 pound of pork on that plate!
- TheChairman said Notwithstanding the #2 shooter — he fired too late for “self defense”– the 1st shooter should be arrested for attempted murder. He clearly used a concealed weapon. The recidiv...
- CC1s121LrBGT said CB Radios Silent Since the 70s Analog static
- Fred Stiening said Democrats want to hold hearings to force the 5 FCC commissioners to publicly repudiate Trump’s tweet.
- Fred Stiening said We had brunch yesterday at a farm out in the rural area outside Salisbury. The host mentioned that one of the features of living in the rural area is having to deal with wolves and the occasional bo...
- Fred Stiening said The concept is a bit muddled once you leave the Japanese culture. The Japanese language is based on characters rather than phonetic spelling with discrete syllables. That makes it hard to translate...
- briand75 said Agreed CC. Free speech is necessary for freedom. As for the shooter, I notice they are sending his brain out for analysis.
- briand75 said dogs bark in the dark whirling round the antenna radio today
- Fred Stiening said The guy who shot 2nd has been arrested. He is a convicted felon arrested 10 times in the past 3 years, and just released from prison. His car was spotted at 1 am (probably a license plate reader) a...
- TheChairman said Aha … I wondered why you posted the score, figured perhaps one was your alma mater. The comment on the size of the college was not a ‘dig’. Indeed, my first thought was nice small...
- Fred Stiening said That was a conscious choice – my parents and I agreed that I would do better in a private religious school with small classes, not a public University with classes taught in auditoriums by teach...
- TheChairman said I think my old high school had more students than Catawba…
- Fred Stiening said Final Score – Wingate 27 Catawba 24 🏈
- Fred Stiening said The homecoming football game for Catawba College vs Wingate is tied 24-24
- TheChairman said The Media.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Disrespect for the Judicial System. People feel they have to resolve their disputes in other ways. News this week is that California passed or is about to pass a law to make it legal to knowingly pas...
- briand75 said Sad commentary on our cities. What aspect of our culture allows folks like the shooter to have little or no regard for human life?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. You’re right. I see what I did. I had looked at one of the examples he gave and remembered that the middle line was 2 more than the first and the last line was equal to the first. I saw ...
- TheChairman said Thanks, but as Fred indicated, the traditional pattern is 5-7-5.
- Fred Stiening said German would need 640: Laut den Kommentatoren des Cable News Network traf Donald Trump mit dem russischen Präsidenten Wladimir Putin zusammen, um in den E-Mail-Server der Präsidentschaftskandidatin Hi...
- Fred Stiening said My guess is it is calligraphy, not literal words
- CC1s121LrBGT said I like it because I had worked in Topeka for a while…. and because it breaks the 3-5-3 rule. 😉 There was news last week that Twitter is doing a trial and allowing some users to tweet with 280 ch...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. Watch the actions, not the hype. I am concerned about all the censorship in twitter facebook and google… and the latest story of how the NYT could get their liberal stories placed at th...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I had sent the image to two different OCR websites that support Chinese and neither did a good job recognizing the characters. I’ll email it to someone I know that speaks Chinese. By the way, Ca...
- Fred Stiening said North Korea may have attempted another nuclear test
- Fred Stiening said Special delivery!
- Fred Stiening said I like that, having lived a decade in Oklahoma one year
- TheChairman said A triplet: BEEP! Weather Alert! Severe storm is imminent Take precaution now BEEP! Weather Alert! Follow the yellow brick road Tornado Warning BEEP! Weather Alert! To announce the storm has passed The...
- Fred Stiening said The physical print itself is pretty old. When the original was drawn may be a lot older. It is not the character set that Mao imposed to standardize Chinese. It is probably late 1800s or early 190...
- Fred Stiening said If I didn’t have bad vision, I easily could have seen my life’s work being driving trucks in the middle of the night. My family didn’t have a car until the late 60s, so a lot of my youth was spent ri...
- briand75 said Keeps the twitter-verse whipped into a frenzy. I think that is the whole idea. I wouldn’t want the suggested outcome. We don’t live in a dictatorship (yet).
- briand75 said LOL! If Zsa-Zsa shows up, you are absolutely on target. Disappointing that charlatans have invaded the local scene. Tourists beware!
- briand75 said Any idea when it was created? That would narrow down whether this is a modern character set or not.
Monthly Archives: October 2017
The Hill reports Before the Obama administration approved a controversial deal in 2010 giving Moscow control of a large swath of American uranium, the FBI had gathered substantial evidence that Russian nuclear industry officials were engaged in bribery, kickbacks, extortion … Continue reading
The method to break WPA2 on your wifi connections is real, but the hype (and inevitable radio ads to scare you into identity protection contracts) is not. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KRACK In order to compromise your Wi-Fi connection, the attacker has to be … Continue reading
While I was away, I received a snail mail solicitation to purchase a fabulous lakefront “dockable” lot down in South Carolina for a mere $59,500. Arizona has its oceanfront property, so I expected this was a similar quality opportunity. There … Continue reading
It was January 1977 when WNDN-FM (Indian Radio) was launched, spreading its 10 watts over most of the sprawling college campus. The Speech professor did the leg work of applying for the FCC license. The station lasted until at least … Continue reading
My roommate’s former wife went to Catawba and they lived most of their adult lives in Lexington N.C., the self-proclaimed pork BBQ capital of the world. After the last of the 40th reunion activities were over, we headed for Lexington … Continue reading
WSOC TV: Surveillance video shows shootout before bullet hits Charlotte school bus
President Trump let NBC know he’s mad about fake news. He tweeted this today around 10 AM With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? … Continue reading
Last Sunday (October 8th), the Countess and I did some exploring – the temperature was more moderate and we have things fixed up and we’re ready to enjoy being with each other. First, we went to the Jewish Community Center … Continue reading
This is a portion of a drawing the Countess has in a keepsake frame. The women in the picture appear to be Chinese of some variety. I know several readers have spent time in Asia and/or have close acquaintances that … Continue reading