Without Google

A person online verbalized what many of us see – the person said that Google is their brain and they are mentally helpless without doing a Google Search.

Without using a search engine, can you identify this product from the ingredient list, or at least its purpose?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Without Google

i could not. but it prompted me to google “543 plus 20”. i go back to the days of a team of “experts” cataloging webpages for the yahoo database, but i was expecting google to give me the result of 563. i will let readers see for themselves what google and bing and yahoo return. it is quite informative

2. haiti222 says:

Some kind of skin treatment?

Dimethicone: Rolaids or Gas-X ?

I tell you what is tough, you try to find out who’s on what and when on the radio anymore now that SRG is gone ! Or a good music station.
    Hell with Google, if it died tomorrow, I would could care less. I use Startpage anyhow,

I have been looking at old post it notes from years ago trying to remember station call letters, KNZZ went to some cut rate stream thing, I am going to figure it out, They are not putting turds on my computer !

Excellent guess – Gas X has dimethicone, but dimeticone has many other uses. This is a skin care product I didn’t know existed until a month ago.

One of the other ingredients is a musk scent to turn men into a “chick magnet”

Rush, CoasttoCoastAM, Redeye and Hannity all have web pages with a google map. As you zoom in and out, you can see the stations carrying the program in the area on the map. Zoom out all the way and you get a list of stations. Most of those stations have talk shows during the day.

You may be thinking about KNSS 1330 AM Wichita, KS. I remember recommending it to you several years ago.

Affiliate lists vary widely in quality – most are unreliable, and some only list the station, not the times. Some will list a show when the station only carries an hour on the weekend, not carrying the show during the week.

In the case of iHeart, they only show you one state at a time, making it close to impossible for a potential advertiser to verify claims about potential audience size.

There really are no good sources today. I had found that SRG was the best but when I was looking for an obscure show with few affiliates, I would sometimes also check Tunein.com. Tunein would let you look for a show and then see the times and stations that that show was on. I am not sure how I found that web page on their site but was glad that I bookmarked it. It was available for years after there was no longer a way to navigate to it. Recently, however, my bookmarked links redirect to a main page regarding the show that has little information – it was part of their recent website redesign.

Some sites, like Kim Komando’s actually hide their broadcast stations and times and require you to make a request that they respond to via email. These sites seem to be the ones focused on podcasts for a fee.

As of today, the best source for streaming schedules is https://www.talkstreamlive.com/ . It is best because as far as I know, it is the only one left standing. It is actually good but only lets you see what is on NOW not what is on later or what has just ended.

• Parrott says:

SRG was ahead of its time ,
          I think a lot of other people would agree also. It was the go to site, and cutting edge humor with the survey questions.

It was for the birds! LOL Still can’t find better cutting edge humor anywhere, Parrott. 😉

I sometimes get KNSS confused with KWSS 93.9 LPFM Scottsdale, AZ. It is a non-profit rock alternative LPFM station that I like to have on as background music. Check it out.

• Parrott says:

yeah KNSS, ( ZZ is Grande Junction CO) my bad.
        I have drifted away from Rush again, That time lasted about a month or two.
        best

4. Fred Stiening says:

When Countess showed up, she wanted to find out what happens if I stopped shaving.