Without Google

Oct 23rd, 2017

A person online verbalized what many of us see – the person said that Google is their brain and they are mentally helpless without doing a Google Search.

Without using a search engine, can you identify this product from the ingredient list, or at least its purpose?

Tags:
  1. CC1s121LrBGT
    Oct 24th, 2017 at 00:02

i could not. but it prompted me to google “543 plus 20”. i go back to the days of a team of “experts” cataloging webpages for the yahoo database, but i was expecting google to give me the result of 563. i will let readers see for themselves what google and bing and yahoo return. it is quite informative

2. haiti222
    Oct 24th, 2017 at 10:39

Some kind of skin treatment?

• Fred Stiening
      Oct 24th, 2017 at 17:22

So far, so good. Most women would not need it.

3. Parrott
    Oct 24th, 2017 at 20:48

Dimethicone: Rolaids or Gas-X ?

I tell you what is tough, you try to find out who’s on what and when on the radio anymore now that SRG is gone ! Or a good music station.
    Hell with Google, if it died tomorrow, I would could care less. I use Startpage anyhow,

I have been looking at old post it notes from years ago trying to remember station call letters, KNZZ went to some cut rate stream thing, I am going to figure it out, They are not putting turds on my computer !

• Fred Stiening
      Oct 24th, 2017 at 21:01

Excellent guess – Gas X has dimethicone, but dimeticone has many other uses. This is a skin care product I didn’t know existed until a month ago.

One of the other ingredients is a musk scent to turn men into a “chick magnet”

• TheChairman
        Oct 31st, 2017 at 02:28

I’m guessing “body wash” or body shampoo.

• Fred Stiening
          Oct 31st, 2017 at 13:18

It was suggested by the barber who trimmed my beard

• CC1s121LrBGT
      Oct 25th, 2017 at 07:33

Rush, CoasttoCoastAM, Redeye and Hannity all have web pages with a google map. As you zoom in and out, you can see the stations carrying the program in the area on the map. Zoom out all the way and you get a list of stations. Most of those stations have talk shows during the day.

You may be thinking about KNSS 1330 AM Wichita, KS. I remember recommending it to you several years ago.

• Fred Stiening
        Oct 25th, 2017 at 07:40

Affiliate lists vary widely in quality – most are unreliable, and some only list the station, not the times. Some will list a show when the station only carries an hour on the weekend, not carrying the show during the week.

In the case of iHeart, they only show you one state at a time, making it close to impossible for a potential advertiser to verify claims about potential audience size.

• CC1s121LrBGT
          Oct 25th, 2017 at 10:33

There really are no good sources today. I had found that SRG was the best but when I was looking for an obscure show with few affiliates, I would sometimes also check Tunein.com. Tunein would let you look for a show and then see the times and stations that that show was on. I am not sure how I found that web page on their site but was glad that I bookmarked it. It was available for years after there was no longer a way to navigate to it. Recently, however, my bookmarked links redirect to a main page regarding the show that has little information – it was part of their recent website redesign.

Some sites, like Kim Komando’s actually hide their broadcast stations and times and require you to make a request that they respond to via email. These sites seem to be the ones focused on podcasts for a fee.

As of today, the best source for streaming schedules is https://www.talkstreamlive.com/ . It is best because as far as I know, it is the only one left standing. It is actually good but only lets you see what is on NOW not what is on later or what has just ended.

• Parrott
          Oct 25th, 2017 at 14:57

SRG was ahead of its time ,
          I think a lot of other people would agree also. It was the go to site, and cutting edge humor with the survey questions.

• CC1s121LrBGT
            Oct 25th, 2017 at 15:41

It was for the birds! LOL Still can’t find better cutting edge humor anywhere, Parrott. 😉

I sometimes get KNSS confused with KWSS 93.9 LPFM Scottsdale, AZ. It is a non-profit rock alternative LPFM station that I like to have on as background music. Check it out.

• Parrott
        Oct 25th, 2017 at 14:52

yeah KNSS, ( ZZ is Grande Junction CO) my bad.
        I have drifted away from Rush again, That time lasted about a month or two.
        best

4. Fred Stiening
    Oct 30th, 2017 at 15:01

When Countess showed up, she wanted to find out what happens if I stopped shaving.

You must be logged in to post a comment.