January 2018 randomness

Another sun cycle begins

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to January 2018 randomness

1. Fred Stiening says:

Former WGN host Milt Rosenberg has died. He worked in semiobscurity until his 15 minutes of national fame when the Obama campaign tried to strong-arm him into disinviting a guest who had written about the connections between Obama and Bill Ayers

Rosenberg was a thinker, not an “us and them” guy and was quite alarmed at the intensity of vitriol aimed at him from a campaign he was probably generally sympathetic with.

Obama – so worried about his legacy. Thank God for Trump who has been able to erase most of the damaging executive orders that Obama created.

I am not surprised that Obama would threaten Milt as anyone who goes against the story as it is “supposed to be” is a threat to the perfect storyline and must be stopped.

Dateline Austin Texas; 16-JAN-2018 Alex Jones says he has been in contact with Top scientist, entrepreneurs and wealthy industrialist, and that ‘Opray’ has issued another missile alert like the one last week in Hawaii ! Holy Cow !

He also said he was in contact with ‘Steven Seagal’. Okay, so what ?
    wild day on Infowars and the stock market keeps going up, Go 401K !
    I may get to retire after all, in twenty years,

first entry for 2018 SRG points:

What is up… DACA?
    the the the the that’s all folks.
    DACA Obugs me.

Woke up just now after only dozing off on the couch with this entry on my mind. During my short sleep, I was visited by the spirit of Mayaerd G Krebs who visited me and suggested this revision:

What is up… DACA?
      the the the the that’s all folks.
      Ye O’bugs me, Bammi O.

5. Fred Stiening says:

The web hosting service for this server installed the first software patch for the intel hardware bug, in the event any Hungarian hackers were planning to steal my database

I’d change my password but I can’t find the right Post-it note to update.

• Parrott says:

Awesome CC ! I use the POST-IT note program to keep track of all my passwords too !
        It works great until it falls off the wall behind the desk !
        Here is a cool place to check out , was there in 2014,
        I hate its Saturday night and I don’t have the ‘Spaceman’ to listen to or get my marching orders from.

That does look like an interesting place. I have always been fascinated about borders. Between Arizona and Mexican border towns had been a shared sewer systems. Some are still operational with steel bars no in place to prevent people walking through the sewage and over the border. The idea was that the US would treat the Mexican sewage to prevent pollution in the area.

For that train station, I wonder whether there was a custom inspection station when it was built.

Another fascinating border place is this library that is partially in Vermont and partially in Quebec. It has been open access but now cameras monitor the doors on each side and if someone walks out on a side that they did not walk in on, the Custom’s people get them, It all changed after 9-11. Before that, there was basically a border town with an international border running down a residential street. Even today, people on the American side get their electricity and other utilities from Canadian companies. Their drinking water comes from Canada and when they flush their toilets, it goes back to Canada.

‘E-a-g-l-e-s’ Go Eagles !

– Cal-exit, state of New Kalifornia is headed our way, Just heard on Dave Hodges show.
    I don’t like they use salt to the extreme ‘Chairman’ , (they) put to much of it on the roads. It kills the fish.

7. Fred Stiening says:

Ed McLaughlin, the man who launched Rush Limbaugh into syndication died on Friday at age 91. He had just received notice of winning a “lifetime achievement” award, which is a sure sign of impending death.

Somewhat related, Countess and I watched a very good 2017 documentary called Obit using Amazon Prime. They watched the process of how the Obit writers at the New York Times do their work, with footage from the “morgue”, the place where a newspaper keeps pictures and news clippings they use when they need to write the Obit. Prominent people will have an “advance folder” with most of the Obit already written. Their record for an advance is one they had been holding in the file for 80 years. Countess was a reporter in Philadelphia and thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

The “I-Man” will broadcast for the final time on March 29.

No surprise there. It is a “talent” contract like the one with Don Imus that can be broken in bankruptcy. Cumulus is also out from under its $70 million deal to buy 2 stations in Chicago from Randy Michaels, and a slew of sports team broadcast deals. Westwood One is going to be dismembered.

Let’s hope they don’t dismember Jimbo Hannon. 😉

Possibly more important is that Rush’s contract to stay on the former ABC Radio stations (except WABC that is now on WOR) surely is in play.

Jim Bohannon lost the morning show a couple years ago. I doubt that he or the Redeye Trucking Guys will survive. All those AM stations are needed for the immigrant communities to avoid assimilation into the U.S. culture

Or maybe we are the outsiders now

I don’t know their ratings, but the Red Eye guys are pretty good. I think this is the second set of hosts… I didn’t care for the show before them.

I think they will survive in some form on some network. Generally speaking, local talent is not as good and is more expensive. I expect networking to increase to drive costs down.

Midnight until 6 AM are not included in top level ratings for Nielsen, although the PPM markets have the data. The overnight advertising business is minuscule – if you had 100% of the audience in a city at 2 am, they would probably fit in a room. If the truck stop company continues to sponsor, it is cheap programming for marginal AM stations

• Parrott says:

you know, last Friday I listened to Imus show, he wasn’t there of course, He’s pretty old isn’t he ? I liked him sometimes.
      The other day Limbaugh said he was 67 , which kinda surprised me. I had not thought about it, but I heard him first time on WFIR, 960AM, Roanoke, way back in 1987, might have been 88. I would go out to my truck and catch a cat-nap at Lunch from 12:30 – 1 pm. It wasn’t to long after he started. WFIR had just switched to a talk format. It was new, and I liked it, he was pretty good.
      I wasn’t even married. I hadn’t seen or met Mrs Parrott yet !
      (She was on her way though) .
      I thought I knew most everything, I didn’t know Carp !
      wow 1988
      still don’t know much,

We’ve been affected!
    How much did we pay for someone to turn off the feed and develop this new screen attached?

Chris Plante has a great sense of humor but because he is on radio, he is not a photo artist. I thought that his fans here might enjoy the political photoshop art of William Banzai.

I saw the SOTU speech last night as well as the Dem response by Kennedy of Massachusetts. Lots of interesting analysis on radio and TV and lots of common themes in that analysis.

The one piece of unique analysis is what I heard at the top of the first hour of the Chris Plante show this morning. It was regarding the response by Robert Kennedy’s grandson.

Mr Plante asked, who had the bright idea of having a Kennedy give a speech standing in front of a broken car? He said he could not pay close attention to the speech kept squinting to see if there was a woman’s hand at back seat window trying to get out. lol