First impressions

CC (can I call you C for short) posted this so deep in comments that people won’t see it – it’s worthy of its own thread

I’m shocked, I tell you. CC noticed (and I did as well) Mr Ramsey’s reaction to the police squawking their horn. It certainly was a part of my reaction to his narrative about events in that house in Cleveland. The two brothers are already released as not being involved, one of the women is making no claims of being held against her will. The man’s wife was living in the house for 8 years. For all we know, these women / girls were drug users and ran away from home. Another incongruity is the woman who escaped told the 911 operator that she is the woman who was been on TV. How was she aware of that and did the man know that she knew?

He probably is a major league scumbag, but don’t seek truth from a guy doing the shuck and jive into a TV camera.

This entry was posted in Collapse of America, Presidential Elections. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to First impressions

Si. Call me whatever you want, but just don’t call me late for dinner. 😉

2. Nidster says:

A 14 year-old runaway, maybe, but there is still that statutory rape thing. I suspect if they put Castro in prison there will be some retribution issues he’ll need to cope with. So far as the 2 brothers, wonder if they are looking over their shoulders and keeping a close watch on who may be sneaking around. It is almost certain there will be some cops watching out for them.

Say what you will about the shuck’n’jive guy, but he did the right thing when it mattered. I understand that he investigated, helped to kick out the door, and his phone was used to call 911.

The story is sure to take some twists and turns over the next days and weeks, but I just don’t see anything consensual about it.

Interesting. When did we become the media? Tearing the guy down and such – I don’t believe I heard Mr. Ramsey claim to be a wonderful guy or clean as driven snow. As a matter of fact, I heard him say something to the effect that it was a good thing he wasn’t drinking a lot that day as he didn’t think he could have handled that situation.

He did the right thing and speaks bluntly. If this makes him a better person – I say hooray.

This thing is taking an odd twist now – the prosecutor is talking about murder charges for the allegations that he induced miscarriages. So someone wants to change this into a debate about abortions.

Did she want to give birth to his baby? If not, she has the right to end the pregnancy. How do we know she didn’t bang herself into a wall? If she killed it, was it his fault?

If you haven’t noticed, you aren’t going to change my opinion that this is an odd local story with the Internet running way ahead of the facts because people want to write a story to make themselves feel good.

People apparently haven’t learned the lesson from Boston of “the Internet” confusing reddit with real police work – making up facts and accusing random people of being suspects because they had a backpack and looked strange.

Law enforcement is not a spectator sport, but I probably only still believe that because I don’t own a TV.

Mr Castro is dead, found hanging in his jail cell by guards.