- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- Fred Stiening said Source: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/187872/moody-radio-to-sell-three-am-stations
- Fred Stiening said Come on, radio is the theater of the mind!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Somehow, I don’t think that would have helped the Presidential Weekly Radio Address… not even if it was on FM. 😉
- Fred Stiening said The ratings would go through the roof if the president’s wife was lounging on a tiger skin rug in a skimpy bikini.
- CC1s121LrBGT said What about the fireside chats ? Don’t tell me they will be no more as well!?! 😉
- Fred Stiening said When a radio show doesn’t air and nobody notices, that’s a big hint https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/12/trump-killed-presidential-weekly-address-no-one-noticed/
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Dead Things
73 pages of changes AM stations can buy or move existing translators up to 250 miles In 2017, a one time option to acquire new FM translators on ANY available FM frequency Approval of wider use of transmitters that vary … Continue reading
The jobs report came out today. Conservative radio hosts are frothing at the mouth how awful this proves America is, especially under President Obama. Hello? That number includes everyone over age 16, including people on Social Security and retirement pensions. … Continue reading
The fact that a 2XL T-shirt easily fit in my condo mailbox gives a hint at just how flimsy the material is, unless maybe it is carbon nanotube fibers. Time Warner has generously offered to let me remain a customer … Continue reading
http://www.wbtv.com/story/25377518/dead-black-bear-found-on-nc-states-campus In unrelated news, black bears were sighted in the City of Charlotte
I remember him as host of several TV game shows in my youth. He also had a radio career at KFI-AM in Los Angeles and several other stations. Tom Taylor recalls in his newsletter that Tom Leykis was responsible for … Continue reading
Jim Lange, best known for the Dating Game TV show back when men and women dated each other has died at age 81. Part of his career had been working in radio. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/27/jim-lange-dating-game-host-dies-at-81/
Angelo worked at WCHB-AM in Detroit, the “black talk” radio station owned by Radio One. He was on the same station as the better known Mildred Gaddis, who we’ve discussed a few times. His show was in the database and … Continue reading
Michael Savage mentioned the recent news that Bob Grant has died – he actually died New Year’s Eve. Bob’s weekend show quietly ended last summer and he has been in declining health. Bob is now eating at the banquet table … Continue reading
Al Goldstein, founder of Screw magazine has died. http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/24479798-418/goldstein-publisher-of-screw-magazine-dies-in-ny.html The story mentions the interesting detail that at one time he was the driver for Walter Winchell.