- RebelSansClue said I love it! I like how you're wearing the mask below your nose too. That'l get the local Karen's in a tizzy! 🙂
- RebelSansClue said Great to have you back. Even better to know you're happy. We've missed you! I have Frontier (formerly AT&T) DSL myself. It's cheap enough and good enough that I can do what I need t...
- Fred Stiening said So I am in my new home, have a new iPhone SE, and AT&T vDSL (25/5) The bumps in the road – T-mobile LTE inside the place is weak. Unless the AT&T goes out, I can live with that. My...
- RebelSansClue said I'm glad you're getting a new place; one that doesn't have a manager looking over your shoulder. Hope the closing goes well.
- Fred Stiening said So yesterday I got the 30 day notice to vacate and termination of my lease. I had already told the (interim) manager that my primary care doctor strongly advised me to move out, so all of us are in a...
- TheChairman said Parrott! I was hoping you might visit the old virtual stomping grounds. Yes, we're back in the Peoples Republic of Michigan… we delayed our return until May 1st. We took a route through...
- Parrott said well Fred you havn't missed anything. WFLN is playing country music from the 70's chaos. well sorry about your divorce. Nothing new here, work still sux, as usual. I have missed yo...
- RebelSansClue said Good Lord. Sounds a lot like the condo board at my place. They're like miniature dictators. Praying for you.
- TheChairman said Hi Fred, thought I'd check the blog. I assume they let you back in after your haircut? Did they give you any grief? Your apartment 'infractions' describe my home life, except for the lo...
- Fred Stiening said The apartment manager of my 55+ active adult apartment complex fits that description She has threatened me with eviction for bad housekeeping. Among other reasons: – I eat too much junk food ...
- RebelSansClue said Thanks for the info! I think I understand a little better. I'm still glad the blog is back. I need SOME semblance of normalcy whilst everyone is losing their damned minds.
- Fred Stiening said Very few people run web servers on Windows. The problem is mostly if people are using the php scripting language. A deliberately simple example. Say I had a php script that returns radio station in...
- RebelSansClue said This is way above my pay grade, but is this a windows issue? I thought you were using Red Hat for awhile? Or does it not matter which operating system you use?
- RebelSansClue said There are some rational voices out there. I still listen to Rush a little each day. I've started listening to the "No Agenda" podcast and I'm enjoying that.
- Fred Stiening said As soon as I reopened the directory, I was being hammered with hundreds of servers trying SQL injection attacks. Blocking them was a losing battle.
- Fred Stiening said I have listened to no radio in months. I doubt that radio is a rational voice during these unprecedented times.
- RebelSansClue said I think that's a good idea. I missed this blog. So glad it's back, even on the down low.
- RebelSansClue said Only if you buy a lottery ticket on your way to higher ground. Lottery tickets are "essential".
- RebelSansClue said That's a good thought. I thought the blog was taken down again. When I type in the URL, I get forwarded to the closed page.
- TheChairman said Perhaps send an announcement of the blog's revival to everyone via the email address for each login account? Just a thought.
- Fred Stiening said Spread the word, but not the virus
- RebelSansClue said …and there was much rejoicing. Thank you for bringing this blog back. I've enjoyed reading it for over 10 years. Good to have you back, even for a little while.
- TheChairman said The guy is certainly a source of entertainment. He's outspoken and playing hardball because if he loses his position, he'll probably be out on the street.
- Mark said Rush's performance has not been affected by his condition. He sounds as energetic and playful as ever, but now one can't help but thinking that, whether he recovers or not, we are reaching t...
- Fred Stiening said More fun in Flint https://www.abc12.com/content/news/City-councilman-plans-to-stay-vocal-following-arrest-568548211.html
- TheChairman said One of the things people don't seem to get about Rush (particularly those on the left) is that he never expresses any 'hatred' of the liberals and democrat voter or listener. He sees t...
- TheChairman said Hey Parrott! I was wondering when we might hear from you. That Windows 7 problem is rather common with OEM installs, you need to remove a patch or two (KB971033 is one) and then do a few steps to reac...
- Parrott said Killer. WMAL closed their old link to the stream avoiding pop-ads, It worked like a champ for years, It had 'citidel' in the address. won't hurt anything to post it, It doesn...
- TheChairman said Will do Fred. An email will arrive with my own story attached, involving my dad's experience…
- Fred Stiening said Chairman, I drafted a big long response to your inquiry about my legal representation, only to have the email bounced as undeliverable. Please provide me a current email address to streamingradioguide...
- TheChairman said Believe me, that was painfully obvious when LPFM was being rolled out… and then promptly rolled off (a cliff) by 'Big FM'. In his book about the Federal Reserve ("The Creature fro...
- Fred Stiening said So I am not sure what is going on, but the only ads I see are for people trying to help you unload your time-share commitment. Matt Drudge is being hit hard. It is a falsehood that business hates g...
- TheChairman said So, in tandem with your previous post (The Closing of the Internet Frontier), I came across this little Google tidbit, which clearly demonstrates the FANG companies are wasting no time with the recent...
- TheChairman said Nope, I never saw this post last May. We had just returned to Michigan for the summer and I was promptly consumed with working on the house and property. Fred, do you have any legal representation? A...
- Fred Stiening said And lest you think the last year has not been interesting https://www.ft.com/content/e006982e-3ad2-11e9-b72b-2c7f526ca5d0 Oops, paywall. Google IEX, NASDAQ stiening to read it
- Fred Stiening said Update I was approved, and moved in without Robyn's cooperation. I bought an adjustable bed so I can elevate my legs to prevent blood from clotting. I bought new bedroom furniture and replaced th...
- TheChairman said Fred, regarding my suggestion for the TL-WN722N: according to recent Amazon reviews, it seems TP-Link changed the chipset on later versions. Caveat emptor. You want to find version 1.0 or 1.1 (Athero...
- Fred Stiening said I posted an explanation but then pulled it back at Countess' s request. I offered to pay to move her where her concerns about her safety could be addressed, but after her attorney agreed to my of...
- Fred Stiening said My sense from the cryptic things I read at the time was that the linux open source mentality collided with a vendor who had patent rights. I tried a little bit, but it was not worth it to ststartrt i...
- TheChairman said My apologies Fred, I wasn't aware of the situation. I've only been here sporadically these past 12 months; if you mentioned it in a post last year, I missed it. I'm sorry. Keep rebuildi...
- Fred Stiening said Nothing that dramatic. I just use PCs so little, it sat on my table here in the apartment for 6 months, not plugged in. With the divorce, I am going to need the ability to fax and scan documents. T...
- TheChairman said Hi Fred, hope you're both doing well. So which version of Windows did you install to revive the machine? Or did you put Fedora on it? I'm curious because several YouTube channels are peddl...
- Fred Stiening said I finally got around to making my Windows machine functional again. Some of you may remember that for a time I was actually running the website from the condominium I used to live in. I think I succes...
- TheChairman said Hey Parrott: a belated Happy 2020 to you, Fred, and the other SRG loyalists. The web has indeed been transformed from uncensored free-enterprise for everyone, to accommodating the big 4 (aptly called...
- Parrott said well I guess it was bound to happen. End of an era, 'the polls' LOL. They were great. Ilhan Omar (D) MN, also known as 'ball of hate', would have been great for the Polls...
- prboylan said Thank you! Even though I'm too busy to regularly contribute, I enjoy dropping by from time to time to see what has caught your attention to write about. Best wishes for 2020, -Phil (thankfully...
- Fred Stiening said Bob Pittman (AOL / Clear Channel) began his radio career at an early age, by firing Don Imus at WNBC https://www.nytimes.com/1977/08/19/archives/new-jersey-weekly-wnbc-radio-shifts-cast-and-policy.htm...
- Fred Stiening said The blog is still reachable for those already here
- TheChairman said We had the good fortune to hear the last few years of Don Imus' shows before his retirement and emotional sign-off in 2018. Never heard any of his shows prior to 2015, so I don't know how m...
- TheChairman said First thing I did was turn off all location services and mic/camera app access, to the extent possible… covered the 'selfie' cam. I intend to jailbreak the phone if we keep it.
- Recognize my face?
- Barry Farber has died at age 90
- Earthquake / tsunami in Russia – 7.8
- Resumption of service
- Rush Limbaugh Update
- FWIW Department
- The Closing of the Internet Frontier
- To Infinity and Beyond
- The end for Harold Camping
- Following in the Footsteps of National Socialism
- Stock Trades were meant to be free?
- Pumpkins and Beer
- While you were distracted
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Category Archives: Collapse of the EU
After World War two ended, couples (including my parents) were deferring thoughts of family stuff, and the pent up demand broke loose with a boom felt around the world. I have the sense that the 44th president, whose name I … Continue reading
Deutsche Bank owes $14 billion to the United States for its role in 2008 mortgage fraud crisis. The bank says it was thinking $3-4 billion and it won’t pay. The reality is it can’t pay even if it wanted to. … Continue reading
No, not Hugh Hefner or Melania Trump There have been lingering rumors that Deutsche Bank in Germany is on the verge of collapse. North Korea exploded another nuclear bomb. Hillary has a glint in her ear. The Congress is ready … Continue reading
David Cameron said originally that he would linger on as Prime Minister, but not take any action to actually Brexit and leave it to the next Prime Minister. Forces in Europe were very loud that this was unacceptable. They can … Continue reading
A guest in John Batchelor was a classic case of “projection”, where you inject your own opinions onto other people, believing they share your motivations. The guest said multiple times that the motivation of the people who voted for Brexit … Continue reading
My hypothetical question turns out not so hypothetical. England and Wales voted to leave the EU, Scotland and Northern Ireland want to stay. It’s pretty logical that proximity to the channel tunnel might be a factor. I wrote back on … Continue reading
As the details emerge, the first reports start getting corrected. The BBC seems to be reporting details omitted by other version. The event at a cinema started when a woman called police that there was a man wearing a mask … Continue reading
If the Thursday vote results in a majority voting for Britain to leave the EU, it will have as much effect as electing Republicans to repeal Obamacare. The vote has no legal effect. It is only an advisory vote. The … Continue reading
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-jo-cox-shot-birstall-8207676 Shooter is in custody.
While we were busy trying to find out if Omar Mateen is gay, the Bilderberg group was meeting in Germany to discuss the state of the world, including that pesky Donald Trump guy. https://www.rt.com/usa/346407-clinton-insiders-bilderberg-2016/ Alex Jones is clearly one of … Continue reading