- Fred Stiening said Kim Komando gives advice on how to use digital assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Home) to listen to radio https://www.komando.com/tips/560001/get-radio-broadcasts-on-alexa-siri-and-google-home
- Fred Stiening said Tupelo MS based American Family Radio seems to have dropped their religious music programming, replacing it with a “hybrid” lineup of mostly prerecorded teaching. AFR was founded by legen...
- Fred Stiening said Partly because of spending more time here and partly with help from the FCC and indirectly from ootunes, there are about 400 more streaming stations in the directory in the last week, bringing the tot...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Around 1973, I spent a summer working as an intern at my local Social Security Office. The thing you learn quickly about the government is you can’t get anything done without the right form. Among my tasks were to update … Continue reading
Part of President Obama’s directive to remake government is to have agencies open up their databases to the public. The FCC about two weeks ago brought out a totally new FCC.gov – at least the facade is new. Behind the … Continue reading
I’m losing my grip on reality. This is a video of musician Shakira in Morocco at the Mawazine music festival. Shakira is from Colombia (the country in South America) performing her song “Waka Waka” in English in Morocco in an … Continue reading
http://www.opednews.com/articles/A-Nation-Always-Murdering-by-Jay-Janson-110529-438.html Some thoughts about war and Libya from the Left. John McCain repeated in the past few days that the mistake in Libya is President Obama should have used more force and put troops on the ground. I’m so glad … Continue reading
http://www.opednews.com/populum/linkframe.php?linkid=132460 So the thought process of the Free Libya “rebels” goes something like this: His skin is black, and he is wearing a yellow hard hat – therefore he must be a mercenary – have him kneel down on the … Continue reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/30/world/africa/30benghazi.html This is one of those news stories that doesn’t say anything, but also says everything. The meaning is found in between the lines and what isn’t said. The male youth of Benghazi are frustrated. “Drifting” cars is a long … Continue reading
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hTtv6TcI8cXVkylkugCwhq6iTF4g?docId=CNG.a85c640cbadb4de71d422967ab68293e.4e1 In the new paradigm of using lawyers to provoke conflict in the name of peace, the bankrupt Spain has made prosecuting the military of El Salvador for alleged killings of so-called “priests” in 1989. http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-17/world/la-fg-salvadorpriests89_1_five-other-jesuit-dormitory-cook-nightclothes-and-slippers If you’re wondering “Why … Continue reading
Back in the 1960s, sometimes TV stations would run a loop of a wire service Teletype – typically a model 15 to pretend they were somehow connected with a timely news feed. Teletype machines had a mechanical print head that printed at … Continue reading
http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/clashes-erupt-in-belgrade-961175.html Ratko Mladić was indicted in 1995 by the toothless “International Tribunal for the Prosecution of Persons Responsible for Serious Violations of International Humanitarian Law Committed in the Territory of the Former Yugoslavia since 1991″ for so-called war crimes. He was … Continue reading