- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- haiti222 said The Scripps Family trust terms also applied to the spin-off until last year. The spinoff is super valuable because of the world content growth you spoke of. When I was in the Philippines, all kinds of...
- Fred Stiening said To clarify, Scripps earns an income from Cable TV retransmission rights. To many stations, that is just guaranteed income regardless of ratings. Scripps says 33% of their local revenue is from cable...
- Fred Stiening said It is 58 degrees in Juneau AK, you know?
- Fred Stiening said Or to phrase it a the different way, Wall Street is so focused on short term metrics that it was beneficial to the Scripps Networks part to separate from the lower-performing TV stations. At least i...
- Fred Stiening said There are two groups of TV stations – the big money ($10 billion total) went to those who agreed to surrender their spectrum by either going off the air completely or moving to a subchannel of a...
- Fred Stiening said In an interesting twist, radio couldn’t resist turning this into a free money grab. Because many FM transmitters are located on TV towers that might move because the TV station is moving to be...
- Fred Stiening said They were looking in the wrong place http://www.insideradio.com/small-midwestern-markets-rule-in-radio-revenue-per-capita/article_22bba00a-8b51-11e9-ac99-fbf48413de97.html
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: July 2011
The Buckley Story Buckley Radio is a small town radio owner in Connecticut. They pride themselves on going the extra mile to serve their communities (but not streaming their signals). You would never have heard of the Buckley family nor … Continue reading
In about a month, Cumulus Radio of Atlanta should own Citadel Radio, which owns the former ABC Radio stations – WABC, KABC, WLS, KGO, KSFO, WMAL, WJR, WBAP, WPRO, WPRV – the core of the AM news/talk “right wing” radio. … Continue reading
Harry Reid has “caved” to basically accept the “Boener Plan” – the Here is your $2.8 trillion to spend, in exchange for agreeing to not buy everyone in America a theoretical free car in 2019. The plan includes setting up … Continue reading
https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101433009&formid=911&fac_num=87178 The area from 1610-1700 kHz on the AM band is called the AM Expanded Band. Old AM radios end at 1610, but no stations were assigned to 1610. One of the ideas from the 1996 reform act was to … Continue reading
Speaker of the House Boehner has put all his weight behind passing the “Boehner” bill to raise the debt ceiling. No Democrat voted for it, 22 Republicans voted against it. What happens now? Harry Reid will take his Bill without … Continue reading
Canada is now flying C140 planes over the Libyan coast broadcasting messages “Stop killing your children!” on AM/FM radio to the people in Tripoli – in English. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/126404043.html (Not in English and French?) I’m sure each night as the NATO … Continue reading
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20084939-281/house-panel-approves-broadened-isp-snooping-bill/ The Republican controlled House Committee has passed the Protecting Children From Internet Pornographers Act of 2011, The bill has nothing to do with protecting children from porn. If approved, the bill would require commercial ISPs to retain customer data … Continue reading
The Budget year of the US Government runs from October 1st through September 30th. The Federal government is currently in Fiscal Year 2010-2011, which runs from October 1st 2010 through September 30th. If Congress has done its job, it will … Continue reading
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jFVVpnd5ZM1QpTlLmNzcWo1pGz6w?docId=CNG.463bd595c96d72c05a3425e35e9dce59.91 Now that Hillary Clinton has liberated the Libyan Treasury and turned it over to the Benghazi privateers, the war for control will really start. The most senior of the experienced military generals – qadayffi’s #2 general who defected at … Continue reading