- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- TheChairman said A Digital Music News article from 2016 summed up the problem with Billboard, and how some record labels gamed the system for chart topping ‘album sales’ without selling any albums. The web...
- Fred Stiening said Iheart cuts local news staff – might it be to temporarily increase operating income prior to an IPO? https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185455/staff-cuts-hit-iheartmedia-news-depar...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Rumor has it that he is joining WMAL. Evidently, he was on the air there on a few times in the last week… may have been an audition. He tweeted 15 hours ago that he will have some exciting news...
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: July 2011
The Buckley Story Buckley Radio is a small town radio owner in Connecticut. They pride themselves on going the extra mile to serve their communities (but not streaming their signals). You would never have heard of the Buckley family nor … Continue reading
In about a month, Cumulus Radio of Atlanta should own Citadel Radio, which owns the former ABC Radio stations – WABC, KABC, WLS, KGO, KSFO, WMAL, WJR, WBAP, WPRO, WPRV – the core of the AM news/talk “right wing” radio. … Continue reading
Harry Reid has “caved” to basically accept the “Boener Plan” – the Here is your $2.8 trillion to spend, in exchange for agreeing to not buy everyone in America a theoretical free car in 2019. The plan includes setting up … Continue reading
https://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101433009&formid=911&fac_num=87178 The area from 1610-1700 kHz on the AM band is called the AM Expanded Band. Old AM radios end at 1610, but no stations were assigned to 1610. One of the ideas from the 1996 reform act was to … Continue reading
Speaker of the House Boehner has put all his weight behind passing the “Boehner” bill to raise the debt ceiling. No Democrat voted for it, 22 Republicans voted against it. What happens now? Harry Reid will take his Bill without … Continue reading
Canada is now flying C140 planes over the Libyan coast broadcasting messages “Stop killing your children!” on AM/FM radio to the people in Tripoli – in English. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/126404043.html (Not in English and French?) I’m sure each night as the NATO … Continue reading
http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20084939-281/house-panel-approves-broadened-isp-snooping-bill/ The Republican controlled House Committee has passed the Protecting Children From Internet Pornographers Act of 2011, The bill has nothing to do with protecting children from porn. If approved, the bill would require commercial ISPs to retain customer data … Continue reading
The Budget year of the US Government runs from October 1st through September 30th. The Federal government is currently in Fiscal Year 2010-2011, which runs from October 1st 2010 through September 30th. If Congress has done its job, it will … Continue reading
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jFVVpnd5ZM1QpTlLmNzcWo1pGz6w?docId=CNG.463bd595c96d72c05a3425e35e9dce59.91 Now that Hillary Clinton has liberated the Libyan Treasury and turned it over to the Benghazi privateers, the war for control will really start. The most senior of the experienced military generals – qadayffi’s #2 general who defected at … Continue reading