- Fred Stiening said Kim Komando gives advice on how to use digital assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Home) to listen to radio https://www.komando.com/tips/560001/get-radio-broadcasts-on-alexa-siri-and-google-home
- Fred Stiening said Tupelo MS based American Family Radio seems to have dropped their religious music programming, replacing it with a “hybrid” lineup of mostly prerecorded teaching. AFR was founded by legen...
- Fred Stiening said Partly because of spending more time here and partly with help from the FCC and indirectly from ootunes, there are about 400 more streaming stations in the directory in the last week, bringing the tot...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: August 2011
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/20/ex-envoys-libya-ties-help-land-bechtel-job/ I knew sooner or later Bechtel would show up in reasons for the Libya “revolution”. Al Jazeera has a video recently posted on YouTube as the “rebels” are going through the files of Qaddafi’s compound in Tripoli. David Welch … Continue reading
Paterson NJ: 32.90% African American 13.20% White Vermont: 0.76% African American 98.12% White Both are being ravaged by Irene’s floods. President Obama will be visiting New Jersey.
Now that Mr Buckley is buried and all the speeches given, there is no time to lose changing everything at WOR-AM You could have missed my post on Sunday about Ron Kuby!showing up for Steve Malzberg on Friday, and being … Continue reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/world/africa/31tripoli.html In a completely unexpected turn, the “rebel” fighters in Western Libya are being pushed aside by troops backed by Qatar (the home of Al Jazeera)… the rebels are showing signs of potential to fragment around traditional tribal lines, and … Continue reading
How do the various media outlets characterize what happened? The Hill – Rep. Issa gets his first scalp WSJ (blog) – Grassley, Issa: Shakeup Won’t Stop Probe of ATF WSJ – ATF Chief Reassigned After Troubled Gun Sting (Oh, he … Continue reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/31/us/31guns.html If you haven’t been following this, BATF came up with this great idea – to prove how easy it is to smuggle weapons into Mexico, and then use that “evidence” as a basis for increasing regulation of guns within … Continue reading
http://www.montrealgazette.com/mobile/iphone/story.html?id=5328421 In the wake of the “lone wolf” shooting in Norway at the Labor Party’s Youth Training camp, major media outlets in neighboring Sweden are going to change their message boards to moderate all comments, to prevent people from expressing … Continue reading
http://m.upi.com/m/story/UPI-16331314710947/ Okay, so now the “Rebels” have “control” of Libya. They’ve “killed their father” (not literally) and now they find out how hard it is to actually run a “free” country. It’s late August and blazingly hot. The bulk of … Continue reading
News Story “On Monday morning, the body [of] one of three missing canoeists washed ashore in Plainfield, representing the second storm-related death in as many days. The man, without a life jacket, was swept away in a canoeing accident on … Continue reading