Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- Tunein has legal issues
- Alexa Bombing
- Getting Caught Up
- To Infinity and Beyond
- No need to lie
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- Fred Stiening said The past few days, I resumed listening to radio. There is not much there. Today’s announcement that iHeartRadio is acquiring Trident digital emphasizes that everything is moving to on demand podcasting. If it isn’t live, over the air radi...
- prboylan said Bottom line is that ERCOT was not allowed to temporarily exceed ANY Federal Emission limits so as to meet the expected increased demand, until it had shown that all other options (including negotiating power buys from utilities in other states on the...
- prboylan said A very sad day. We knew it was coming, but hoped for a miracle- as we always do when someone receives a terminal prognosis. End of an era? I hope not, but as the baby boomers age out it will be very hard to attract any critical thinking audience f...
- Parrott said Hey Guys, well, I agree ‘RebelSansClue’ end of an era is understatement . I listened to Rush first time in late summer 88, at lunch break in my truck at work, WFIR, sometimes taking a lite power-nap of 20 minutes . I drifted away...
- RebelSansClue said Amen. The king is dead. Long live the king.
- RebelSansClue said I know it’s trite, but it’s really the end of an era. There will never be another like him. I’m grateful to have been an off and on listener of his show since 1992. Obviously, we knew this day was coming, but it’s still shocki...
- fhiggins said RIP Rush
- Fred Stiening said Thanks for pointing that out. The author, Paul Farhi, is a DC based financial and entertainment reporter for the Washington Post news syndicate.. He talked to all of the usual suspects. Of course, Rush Limbaugh is not going to talk to him for obvio...
- fhiggins said Article about the decline of conservative talk radio and your comments: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/rush-limbaugh-is-ailing-and-so-is-the-conservative-talk-radio-industry/ar-BB1dwZaj
- Fred Stiening said This is going nowhere. He started with a 5-minute filler as if he was still a slave to a hourly clock. Then we had another 5 minutes of unfocused talk about the weather. How is a truck driver on the road supposed to listen to a streaming YouTube show...
- Fred Stiening said Steve Sommers is now live streaming on YouTube https://youtu.be/3Q3xqMzc3R0
- fhiggins said Buffet’s are done
Monthly Archives: October 2011
October 31st is the official end of hostilities with Libya’s former regime. NATO has declared that the military effort is over and their job is done. In unrelated news, President Obama a few days ago announced that all US troops … Continue reading
http://m.swtimes.com/mobile/business/article_819193e6-0175-11e1-ac1e-001cc4c002e0.html Whirlpool, based in Benton Hatbor Michigan (closely connected to Fred “no light bulbs” Upton has announced it is cutting 5000 jobs due to slow demand and increasing material costs for its appliance products. Fort Smith Arkansas’s unionized plant will … Continue reading
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/radio-one-to-launch-full-service-news-station-in-houston-132823638.html KROI-FM (92.1) in Houston is switching from Black Gospel music to All News on November 14th. This is a head scratcher – Radio One is the radio network that targets all of its programming only at Black Americans. … Continue reading
The user list of this system goes back to 2002 when the radio information was part of the now defunct FindAnISP.com. The database contained about 15,000 “accounts” where the person submitted a registration request, but then never logged in to … Continue reading
AFTRA announcement Back in May 2011, AFTRA and other labor unions proudly announced their desire to make using copyrighted material without permission a Federal felony with a 5 year prison term. That proposal is Senate 978, which has been reported … Continue reading
Summer is over, the baseball stands are empty, no more Cracker Jacks, high fat hotdogs and government motors Chevrolets… Not to despair – America Loves Sports(tm) and you can never have too many sports. The National Hockey League (NHL) season … Continue reading
I’ve gotten a smattering of reports of problems with Clear Channel’s iHeartRadio player to make me think there is a frequent issue with it. One of the more experienced testers has noticed that if you have two Clear Channel players … Continue reading
Someone at a radio station wrote me to ask what it costs to add streaming…. Right now, I don’t have the answer to that – I do know most of the companies that are involved in it, but never took … Continue reading
Tonight is the end of Baseball Season, no matter what. In only slightly related news, Connecticut is expecting snow tonight.