Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- I-85 collapse in Atlanta
- No need to lie
- Tunein has legal issues
- Russ Martin dead at age 60
- Triton Digital is being assimilated
- The Smoking gun in Texas
- Rush Limbaugh dead at age 70
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Alpha Media files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Caving to the digital overlords
- The new WABC-AM
- Assorted Updates
- EMF / K-Love / Air1 leaving California
- The New and improved Dana Loesch
- Fred Stiening said WFOM-AM and its FM translator cannot even be heard in most of Atlanta. Dickey also own WCNN-AM, a station comparable to WSB in terms of signal. This tells me the Dickey family deliberately wants Rush to go away. The only other good AM candidate is...
- Fred Stiening said If you don’t know who Erick Erickson is, he operates redstate.com. here are a couple profiles of him https://www.ajc.com/blog/radiotvtalk/erick-erickson-adding-three-hour-radio-show-from-noon-about-georgia-politics-starting-wgau-athens/q6W7EZ...
- Fred Stiening said The first major affiliate to drop Rush Limbaugh has happened. It was not unexpected. Cox Radio has their own noon-3 guy (Erick Ericskon) they are syndicating, so they dropped “Rush lives on” from WSB-AM and WSBB-FM in Atlanta. Cox Radio w...
- Fred Stiening said Unlike the frequently quoted talkers.com, I am not dependent on advertising revenue from the radio biz and have no interest in schmoozing with people in radio management.
- Macky said Fred, this is my first time posting. I check in regularly and I appreciate the insights that you and the other users provide. Please keep it going! It is a bright spot in dark times.
- RebelSansClue said Can’t be any worse than the guy they got now.
- RebelSansClue said Well, it is streaming RADIO guide after all.
- RebelSansClue said I’m reading this. I don’t check every day, but I still read it.
- Fred Stiening said It’s hard to avoid the conclusion that nobody is reading any of this.
- Fred Stiening said TV information is being phased out. It was never really part of the mission of the website, although it was interesting during the digital TV transition.
- Fred Stiening said Yesterday morning, I had a chat with somebody at the FCC at their help desk. He was trying very hard to be helpful, and he actually knew more than I expected. The media bureau is its own division. It has a hundred years worth of legacy it has to deal...
- Fred Stiening said This problem has not fixed itself. I sent an email this morning to a person who probably can get the message to the right person. Interestingly, when I call the fcc’s toll free number of this morning, it could not complete the call as all the...
Monthly Archives: October 2011
As I warned, when money rushes back out of the U.S. Dollar (the dollar lost about 3% today), the entities that were stuffing their money into 30 year US Treasuries thinking they were “safe” were going to lose a LOT … Continue reading
It now takes $1.40 to buy a Euro, and even fewer yen than yesterday. I know this gets boring and it is frustrating the hell out of me that the financial press still don’t get it – when the dollar … Continue reading
Clear Channel added another 200 firings to their legacy. This week it was the intermediate size markets where local “talent” and back office staff got the axe. What this means is even more clear channel stations carrying national programming and … Continue reading
WIBG-AM in Atlantic City could be a sign of things to come. It was been running religious informercials but has decided to switch to Tslk, including Michael Savage. PPM data is picking up that people won’t listen to a 30 … Continue reading
Yesterday was “Bot Nuke” day on Runescape (a very large multi-user game that has been around since about 2006). The idea was that people were complaining the game was no longer fun because of all the accounts using “bots” to … Continue reading
The October 23rd “deadline” for solving Europe’s problem came and went. Instead of the 30%, then 50%, then 60% writeoff being demanded against the banks holding Greek debt, a 100% loss is looking more and more likely. The Dollar vs … Continue reading
Streaming Radio Guide is mainly used by people from Google finding well known programs – not about individual radio stations – which is confusing to people in the “Radio Biz”, and a bit threatening to egos which are rampaant in … Continue reading
Actually, not an email but a broken station report: I GET STREAMING RADIO OK ON MY DESK TOP COMPUTER AND DID GET IT OK ON THIS LAPTOP BUT THE LAPTOP SUDDENLY CANNOT STREAM ANY RADIO STATION EVEN THOUGH IT’S SOUND … Continue reading
The third hour of today’s Glenn Beck’s show, with its combined 100+ years of professional broadcasting experience was about the November 9th test of the EAS system. Glenn began by saying he doesn’t understand this test. That’s very apparent as … Continue reading