- Fred Stiening said Glad to see that you were still around. Maybe we should talk 😉 You know what they say about democracy as it pertains to wolves and sheep. With Medicare for all requiring huge taxes on employment, this...
- Fred Stiening said It seems like I'm the only person who remembers Nancy Pelosi going to Syria in 2007 and meeting with Bashir Assad, without coordinating with the Bush administration. I think we need a transcript o...
- briand75 said People seem to act a lot like sheep. Some catch phrase like "pay their fair share" and they all mob together and want to elect an evil person who will destroy this nation. Sad.
- CC1s121LrBGT said "In March 2014, after falling $1.8 million behind on rent in the Empire State Building, the station received an emergency loan to prevent the building’s holding company from seizing its assets....
- CC1s121LrBGT said I think WBAI is shutting down… abruptly, I think. https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/new-york-based-wbai-radio-abruptly-shuts-down/
- Fred Stiening said I may have told this story before, that I am an old man and that's what we do. Back in the findanISP.com days, I had a clever trick in the web site. I realized that if you had a link that had no...
- Fred Stiening said The Apple port of itunes to Windows was an absolute pig. The idea that you needed a desktop computer just to manage your iPad or iPhone was always a bad idea. I will not miss it. Not at all.
- Fred Stiening said WBAI-AM in New York City, former radio home of Al Lewis, has ceased local programming, faced with unpaid bills and unsustainable losses. The station will carry national Pacifica Programming while the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Nobody talks to iTunes anymore. https://www.apnews.com/1daa31be4070482ab2a8ddb251eddbf9
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not the first Domino to fall… or the last – this website issue can really mushroom. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/07/dominos-supreme-court.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yes, I do think that. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Many financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and pension funds are heavily invested in government debt. With interest rates negative in a growing number of countries and nearing negativ...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. Additionally, please do not construe my comment above as financial advice, legal advice, or medical advice.
- Fred Stiening said Rip Taylor has died
- Fred Stiening said Avoid following financial advice from web comments you see on the Internet. You are not the casino operator when selling covered calls.
- Fred Stiening said One of my three main college roommates got a job working as an auditor for the NCUA, roughly like the FDIC for credit unions. I don't tend to maintain relationships. He was older than me (he w...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Credit Unions are also a good option – almost all of them are small, have lower fees and avoid politics. The politics they do participate in is usually limited to opposing the big banks.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Consider selling covered calls – calls for stocks you own. That makes you the casino and as they say casino owners (except President Trump) always make money. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said I'm old enough to remember when it was a scandal for the rights holders to pay the radio stations to get their songs played. Now these same monopolies are threatening overseas stations if they a...
- RebelSansClue said Amazon claims another victim
- RebelSansClue said This is why I prefer to bank locally.
- RebelSansClue said Well, at least I'll be saving *some* money when I make yet another losing options trade.
- Fred Stiening said Entravision is in big trouble. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-03/radio-group-sued-for-playing-fly-like-an-eagle-without-paying While radio stations don't have to pay the performer...
- Fred Stiening said Never trust a vegetarian.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Has the judge been drinking? You be the judge https://www.mediaite.com/tv/napolitano-trump-committed-impeachable-offenses-allusions-to-violence-are-palpably-dangerous/
- Fred Stiening said Todd Starnes is out at Fox News Radio
- CC1s121LrBGT said Enjoy a twofer on CC. Did Cinderella turn into a beer after midnight, or was it a pumpkin? Ghost2GhostAM will surely have the answer in 29 days. https://www.delish.com/food/g3061/best-pumpkin-beers/...
- Fred Stiening said When faced with a media whipped frenzy impeachment threat, Richard Nixon resigned rather than throw the United States in disarray leaving us vulnerable to attack. Donald Trump is no Richard Nixon.
- Fred Stiening said Forever 21 isn't
- Fred Stiening said Apple is going to let Siri talk to Tunein. https://finance.yahoo.com/video/apple-partners-tunein-voice-activated-144734013.html Alexa has been able to do that for quite a while. Apple is a bit late...
- TheJerseyDevil said Not especially important to me, but I like it because that bastion of far left liberal thought is now owned by a guy who made his mark in the very All-American auto racing business. Capitalism strikes...
- Fred Stiening said At the Climate Change conference, 100+ banks have pledged to stop lending money to oil and natural gas companies
- Fred Stiening said Mike Pence 2020 campaign moves forward. Mitt Romney surely thinks he will become VP
- Fred Stiening said So I didn't read every single word of the New York Times story, but I had the sense that they don't really have a solution in mind. See, there I go being a man again, trying to solve problems....
- CC1s121LrBGT said Parcopresis and paruresis have deviated, per NY Times… isn't is sexist just to think that? Perhaps that is what aliens are studying. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/17/style/women-poop-at-w...
- Fred Stiening said The autumnal equinox has passed. Summer is over.
- Fred Stiening said Now that is just deviated.
- TheChairman said aka "Ministry of Public Enlightenment"
- CC1s121LrBGT said Careful with the reference to deviated *eptums. Right now they are hidden and pop up in virtually no google searches. The reference, while there, was not prominent in http://thrillingdaysofyesteryear....
- CC1s121LrBGT said Absolutely. In fact, we already have "a model for the rest of the country." https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/06/new-jersey-journalism-local-news-civic-information-consortium ...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wow. That was an interesting read… from back before deviant septum was a gender or am orientation. [a difference without a distinction 😉 ] Good luck on becoming a septuagenarian. You should mak...
- Fred Stiening said You may have read about the Google strategy to stuff search terms with irrelevant results to try and drown out Alex Jones Without overtly banning him. Coinciding with the change of the name of the blo...
- Fred Stiening said His European news sources are also drying up. I think the anti-linking laws are just going to speed up the demise of the newspapers. The ultimate answer of course is government funding of news agen...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Jack Dodson did too… as the month draws to a close, I'm left wondering if it prevented Sprague from ever becoming a septuagenarian before he was canceled.
- TheChairman said Likewise for the actual links to stories; many of the sites have a paywall or subscriber login before they'll show you the article. Drudge is being 'gamed' as much as he gamed his ...
- Fred Stiening said Now that I am aware of this, I notice the quality of the ads on Drudge has fallen off a cliff. I just got an advertisement for grooming products for male pubic hair. Sheesh.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. I go back to the days when everyone had not only a right to their own thoughts but a right to express them (short of making threats or fraud). As I kid, we freely talked about things we love...
- TheJerseyDevil said True CC, but in Canada and most of the U.S. media, "hate speech" can only come from one direction.
- Fred Stiening said In response to a question about whether Vladimir Putin believes he’s being helped by the useful idiots in the Democratic Party, Sheila Jackson Lee popped up to declare that it was improper to call her...
- Fred Stiening said Matt Drudge's father ran refdesk.com, which I remember from the pre-google days. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/drudge-report-ad-revenue For a day or so, I advertised FindAnIS...
- Following in the Footsteps of National Socialism
- Stock Trades were meant to be free?
- Pumpkins and Beer
- While you were distracted
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2011
So Iran “takes over” Britain’s embassy ala the US in 1979 under Jimmy Carter… England expels Iran’s diplomats Mysterious explosions break out at Iran’s nuclear “research” sites. Be Vewy Quiet. France calls for more sanctions on Iran and withdraws its … Continue reading
This is a really big deal on so many levels. KKGN-AM 960 is called “Green 960”. It’s licensed to Oakland California and owned by Clear Channel Radio. Unlike the myth of “evil” Clear Channel by the left, Air America would … Continue reading
For whatever reason, Michael “Savage” Weiner started off his show today trying to lump Barney Frank and Newt Gingrich as being just bookends on the opposite ends of the same shelf… Newt being a person who has “spent his entire … Continue reading
http://www.unspsc.org/ Being the curious guy I am, after playing around with the food prices yesterday, I wondered if there is a [free] source that allows entering a UPC code (perhaps by using your iPhone to scan a barcode) and pulling … Continue reading
“Fraudulent” is my choice of words, not Fitch. Fitch is one of the major credit rating agencies. This story is breaking in the London Financial Times. In the language necessary in their business, they are saying that the CDS (Credit … Continue reading
Time for plain talk. Nutritious foods are important for good health, calories are necessary for survival. With all the “right wing” radio shows pitching “gourmet” survival foods, let’s talk about the reality of their doomsday scenario. The fundamental rule of … Continue reading
We’ve been beating around the bush if you want the US Military to use force to reshape the world. Pakistan was the force behind 9/11, not Afghanistsn, Libya, Iraq or Iran (although they may have supported it to varying degrees). … Continue reading
If you’ve been reading the blogs or paying much attention, you have noticed I’m paying less and less time and attention to talk radio. There isn’t one host left who I think “I have to listen to this today or … Continue reading
Two months ago, I wrote about the naive college professor from the United States who “returned” to Libya to “run” the oil ministry and finances. Who is Ali Tarhouri? My prediction was “I think it likely Mr Tarhouni doesn’t even … Continue reading