- RebelSansClue said Lately, it seems that podcasting is the new radio.
- RebelSansClue said Good grief, that's pathetic.
- RebelSansClue said OK, I have to ask. Why are you using an XP system now?
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus Radio is selling almost all of its radio towers to raise cash.
- Fred Stiening said Bill Mack, one of the original overnight trucking shows, based in WBAP-AM died July 31, 2020 at age 88. He had underlying health problems, like many who catch the Covid-19 virus
- Parrott said Woo Hoo ! XP Rides again. Make sure you have SP III. Is Woo Hoo allowed ? Hope you are doing good Fred ! Guess who ? yes, Its that races-Parrott LOL No I am not racist, but I do like...
- Fred Stiening said Wor-am in New York City has dropped whatever they had in the evening and replaced it with rebroadcasts of Mark Simone. If I was to list my five most favorite people on radio, Mark Simone is definitely...
- Fred Stiening said The academic world was lost decades ago to partisan politics One might also notice how deep the hole has become that heavy.com is the one who dug this out.
- Fred Stiening said For the first time in like forever, I am logged in using my fragile Windows XP system.
- Fred Stiening said Just in – Clear Channel revenue down almost 50% due mostly to loss of sports, Entercom down 52% When America loses its Sports, nothing else really matters
- RebelSansClue said But..but….but..but….but SCIENCE!!!!!! Seriously, what is wrong with people?
- Fred Stiening said Take a look back at the web site. If you good at haxxoring, you might figure it out.
- Fred Stiening said He had cancer in 2006. Even if he had recovered, he probably fits the "underlying serious health conditions" risk factor
- RebelSansClue said Was his cancer in remission? I heard that he still had stage 4 cancer, so it was most likely the cancer that killed him. But hey, hospitals get more money if you die from Covid, so what the heck.
- Fred Stiening said And Pandora and LiveNation and TicketMaster
- RebelSansClue said Ugh. I only listen to SXM a few times per year, and I can still notice it's getting progressively lamer. So now we'll have portions of CC, SXM and Spotify under 1 roof? Lovely. Maybe they sh...
- RebelSansClue said I love it! I like how you're wearing the mask below your nose too. That'l get the local Karen's in a tizzy! 🙂
- RebelSansClue said Great to have you back. Even better to know you're happy. We've missed you! I have Frontier (formerly AT&T) DSL myself. It's cheap enough and good enough that I can do what I need t...
- Fred Stiening said So I am in my new home, have a new iPhone SE, and AT&T vDSL (25/5) The bumps in the road – T-mobile LTE inside the place is weak. Unless the AT&T goes out, I can live with that. My...
- RebelSansClue said I'm glad you're getting a new place; one that doesn't have a manager looking over your shoulder. Hope the closing goes well.
- Fred Stiening said So yesterday I got the 30 day notice to vacate and termination of my lease. I had already told the (interim) manager that my primary care doctor strongly advised me to move out, so all of us are in a...
- TheChairman said Parrott! I was hoping you might visit the old virtual stomping grounds. Yes, we're back in the Peoples Republic of Michigan… we delayed our return until May 1st. We took a route through...
- Parrott said well Fred you havn't missed anything. WFLN is playing country music from the 70's chaos. well sorry about your divorce. Nothing new here, work still sux, as usual. I have missed yo...
- RebelSansClue said Good Lord. Sounds a lot like the condo board at my place. They're like miniature dictators. Praying for you.
- TheChairman said Hi Fred, thought I'd check the blog. I assume they let you back in after your haircut? Did they give you any grief? Your apartment 'infractions' describe my home life, except for the lo...
- Fred Stiening said The apartment manager of my 55+ active adult apartment complex fits that description She has threatened me with eviction for bad housekeeping. Among other reasons: – I eat too much junk food ...
- RebelSansClue said Thanks for the info! I think I understand a little better. I'm still glad the blog is back. I need SOME semblance of normalcy whilst everyone is losing their damned minds.
- Fred Stiening said Very few people run web servers on Windows. The problem is mostly if people are using the php scripting language. A deliberately simple example. Say I had a php script that returns radio station in...
- RebelSansClue said This is way above my pay grade, but is this a windows issue? I thought you were using Red Hat for awhile? Or does it not matter which operating system you use?
- RebelSansClue said There are some rational voices out there. I still listen to Rush a little each day. I've started listening to the "No Agenda" podcast and I'm enjoying that.
- Fred Stiening said As soon as I reopened the directory, I was being hammered with hundreds of servers trying SQL injection attacks. Blocking them was a losing battle.
- Fred Stiening said I have listened to no radio in months. I doubt that radio is a rational voice during these unprecedented times.
- RebelSansClue said I think that's a good idea. I missed this blog. So glad it's back, even on the down low.
- RebelSansClue said Only if you buy a lottery ticket on your way to higher ground. Lottery tickets are "essential".
- RebelSansClue said That's a good thought. I thought the blog was taken down again. When I type in the URL, I get forwarded to the closed page.
- TheChairman said Perhaps send an announcement of the blog's revival to everyone via the email address for each login account? Just a thought.
- Fred Stiening said Spread the word, but not the virus
- RebelSansClue said …and there was much rejoicing. Thank you for bringing this blog back. I've enjoyed reading it for over 10 years. Good to have you back, even for a little while.
- TheChairman said The guy is certainly a source of entertainment. He's outspoken and playing hardball because if he loses his position, he'll probably be out on the street.
- Mark said Rush's performance has not been affected by his condition. He sounds as energetic and playful as ever, but now one can't help but thinking that, whether he recovers or not, we are reaching t...
- Fred Stiening said More fun in Flint https://www.abc12.com/content/news/City-councilman-plans-to-stay-vocal-following-arrest-568548211.html
- TheChairman said One of the things people don't seem to get about Rush (particularly those on the left) is that he never expresses any 'hatred' of the liberals and democrat voter or listener. He sees t...
- TheChairman said Hey Parrott! I was wondering when we might hear from you. That Windows 7 problem is rather common with OEM installs, you need to remove a patch or two (KB971033 is one) and then do a few steps to reac...
- Parrott said Killer. WMAL closed their old link to the stream avoiding pop-ads, It worked like a champ for years, It had 'citidel' in the address. won't hurt anything to post it, It doesn...
- TheChairman said Will do Fred. An email will arrive with my own story attached, involving my dad's experience…
- Fred Stiening said Chairman, I drafted a big long response to your inquiry about my legal representation, only to have the email bounced as undeliverable. Please provide me a current email address to streamingradioguide...
- TheChairman said Believe me, that was painfully obvious when LPFM was being rolled out… and then promptly rolled off (a cliff) by 'Big FM'. In his book about the Federal Reserve ("The Creature fro...
- Fred Stiening said So I am not sure what is going on, but the only ads I see are for people trying to help you unload your time-share commitment. Matt Drudge is being hit hard. It is a falsehood that business hates g...
- TheChairman said So, in tandem with your previous post (The Closing of the Internet Frontier), I came across this little Google tidbit, which clearly demonstrates the FANG companies are wasting no time with the recent...
- TheChairman said Nope, I never saw this post last May. We had just returned to Michigan for the summer and I was promptly consumed with working on the house and property. Fred, do you have any legal representation? A...
- Getting Caught Up
- People on the Internet lie
- Herman Cain has died
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- Recognize my face?
- Barry Farber has died at age 90
- Earthquake / tsunami in Russia – 7.8
- Resumption of service
- Rush Limbaugh Update
- FWIW Department
- The Closing of the Internet Frontier
- To Infinity and Beyond
- The end for Harold Camping
- Following in the Footsteps of National Socialism
- Stock Trades were meant to be free?
- Pumpkins and Beer
- While you were distracted
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2011
So Iran “takes over” Britain’s embassy ala the US in 1979 under Jimmy Carter… England expels Iran’s diplomats Mysterious explosions break out at Iran’s nuclear “research” sites. Be Vewy Quiet. France calls for more sanctions on Iran and withdraws its … Continue reading
This is a really big deal on so many levels. KKGN-AM 960 is called “Green 960”. It’s licensed to Oakland California and owned by Clear Channel Radio. Unlike the myth of “evil” Clear Channel by the left, Air America would … Continue reading
For whatever reason, Michael “Savage” Weiner started off his show today trying to lump Barney Frank and Newt Gingrich as being just bookends on the opposite ends of the same shelf… Newt being a person who has “spent his entire … Continue reading
http://www.unspsc.org/ Being the curious guy I am, after playing around with the food prices yesterday, I wondered if there is a [free] source that allows entering a UPC code (perhaps by using your iPhone to scan a barcode) and pulling … Continue reading
“Fraudulent” is my choice of words, not Fitch. Fitch is one of the major credit rating agencies. This story is breaking in the London Financial Times. In the language necessary in their business, they are saying that the CDS (Credit … Continue reading
Time for plain talk. Nutritious foods are important for good health, calories are necessary for survival. With all the “right wing” radio shows pitching “gourmet” survival foods, let’s talk about the reality of their doomsday scenario. The fundamental rule of … Continue reading
We’ve been beating around the bush if you want the US Military to use force to reshape the world. Pakistan was the force behind 9/11, not Afghanistsn, Libya, Iraq or Iran (although they may have supported it to varying degrees). … Continue reading
If you’ve been reading the blogs or paying much attention, you have noticed I’m paying less and less time and attention to talk radio. There isn’t one host left who I think “I have to listen to this today or … Continue reading
Two months ago, I wrote about the naive college professor from the United States who “returned” to Libya to “run” the oil ministry and finances. Who is Ali Tarhouri? My prediction was “I think it likely Mr Tarhouni doesn’t even … Continue reading