- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- Fred Stiening said WMAL-AM is switching to ESPN on July 1st. Now that Cumulus has sold the land underneath the transmitter, no reason to pretend they’re interested in keeping the station going. The conservati...
- Fred Stiening said Neither of the “oil tankers” damaged today in the Gulf of Tonkin… errr…. Oman was carrying oil. One was carrying methanol and the other naphtha
- Fred Stiening said The creator of Pepe The Frog settled his lawsuit against Alex Jones for $15,000, probably less than the attorney fees. The copyright was filed after Jones made his profit, so the recovery was only f...
- Fred Stiening said Proof of global climate change!
- Fred Stiening said Apparently that guy in that station have gotten buzz on social media, which is the only logical reason the guardian would even be aware the station exists. Adding YouTube video to post…
- TheChairman said Well, Willcox AZ isn’t exactly a good benchmark… it’s remote, sparse, and odd. A better location would be Benson/Tombstone; big army base in Ft Huachuca. We heard plenty of AM stati...
- TheChairman said I know it’s only 57 here in northern Michigan. Coldest June I can recall… we’ve had the heat on almost every day since our return. Even the Yoopers are cold.
- haiti222 said The Scripps Family trust terms also applied to the spin-off until last year. The spinoff is super valuable because of the world content growth you spoke of. When I was in the Philippines, all kinds of...
- Fred Stiening said To clarify, Scripps earns an income from Cable TV retransmission rights. To many stations, that is just guaranteed income regardless of ratings. Scripps says 33% of their local revenue is from cable...
- Fred Stiening said It is 58 degrees in Juneau AK, you know?
- Fred Stiening said Or to phrase it a the different way, Wall Street is so focused on short term metrics that it was beneficial to the Scripps Networks part to separate from the lower-performing TV stations. At least i...
- Fred Stiening said There are two groups of TV stations – the big money ($10 billion total) went to those who agreed to surrender their spectrum by either going off the air completely or moving to a subchannel of a...
- Fred Stiening said In an interesting twist, radio couldn’t resist turning this into a free money grab. Because many FM transmitters are located on TV towers that might move because the TV station is moving to be...
- Fred Stiening said They were looking in the wrong place http://www.insideradio.com/small-midwestern-markets-rule-in-radio-revenue-per-capita/article_22bba00a-8b51-11e9-ac99-fbf48413de97.html
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2011
So Iran “takes over” Britain’s embassy ala the US in 1979 under Jimmy Carter… England expels Iran’s diplomats Mysterious explosions break out at Iran’s nuclear “research” sites. Be Vewy Quiet. France calls for more sanctions on Iran and withdraws its … Continue reading
This is a really big deal on so many levels. KKGN-AM 960 is called “Green 960”. It’s licensed to Oakland California and owned by Clear Channel Radio. Unlike the myth of “evil” Clear Channel by the left, Air America would … Continue reading
For whatever reason, Michael “Savage” Weiner started off his show today trying to lump Barney Frank and Newt Gingrich as being just bookends on the opposite ends of the same shelf… Newt being a person who has “spent his entire … Continue reading
http://www.unspsc.org/ Being the curious guy I am, after playing around with the food prices yesterday, I wondered if there is a [free] source that allows entering a UPC code (perhaps by using your iPhone to scan a barcode) and pulling … Continue reading
“Fraudulent” is my choice of words, not Fitch. Fitch is one of the major credit rating agencies. This story is breaking in the London Financial Times. In the language necessary in their business, they are saying that the CDS (Credit … Continue reading
Time for plain talk. Nutritious foods are important for good health, calories are necessary for survival. With all the “right wing” radio shows pitching “gourmet” survival foods, let’s talk about the reality of their doomsday scenario. The fundamental rule of … Continue reading
We’ve been beating around the bush if you want the US Military to use force to reshape the world. Pakistan was the force behind 9/11, not Afghanistsn, Libya, Iraq or Iran (although they may have supported it to varying degrees). … Continue reading
If you’ve been reading the blogs or paying much attention, you have noticed I’m paying less and less time and attention to talk radio. There isn’t one host left who I think “I have to listen to this today or … Continue reading
Two months ago, I wrote about the naive college professor from the United States who “returned” to Libya to “run” the oil ministry and finances. Who is Ali Tarhouri? My prediction was “I think it likely Mr Tarhouni doesn’t even … Continue reading