- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- October, the month for fear
- President Trump: Bush’s invasion of Iraq was the single biggest mistake in US history
- Vicarious Hurricane Watch
- Who is Qi Lu and why should you care?
- SEPTA, the month of brotherly love
- Fun with snowflakes
- Say Something or Don’t Tell?
- Alex Jones banned from iTunes and Facebook
- Politico stoking race war within House leadership
- Augustus, the strong Caesar
- Today’s overflowing news bag (per Tom Taylor)
- You can feel secure now
- It’s Official – 2020 RNC convention coming to Charlotte
- Changes in Philly
- Big improvement at FCC Website
- More train action than you can shake a stick at
- The future of grocery retailing?
- Visiting Our Heritage
- The Conservative Mom
- Ray Lucia wins at Supreme Court
- Puerto Rico update
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Is President Trump out to dismantle the NWO?
- Unmasking AT&T
- Domestic Content protection in a global community
- California to vote on three way split
- Fred Stiening said There is a reason for that, and why I will continue to not permit discussions of publishing details of directly accessing streams. The streams are the intellectual property of the radio station owne...
- Fred Stiening said When I started this thing, listening on cell phones was a novelty and I didn’t pay much attention to it. Originally I penalized stations for having pre-roll video ads – which are even more probl...
- Fred Stiening said I would like to know if the SEC has an open investigation in that story about the Chinese spy chips that both sources deny. There is no “on the record” source and nobody has produced tang...
- CC1s121LrBGT said For many stations, they include a “pre-roll” advertisement before the station stream starts. For listener supported station such as NPR, it is normally a request for a donation. For comme...
- Fred Stiening said They also sell the data of who is streaming when. Because streaming requires a 1:1 setup when the stream starts, they know precisely how many people (or pseudo people) are listening minute by minute...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Seems that Scripps is moving to from content (selling radio properties) to infrastructure. From what I know, Triton Digital does not produce content but is huge at streaming. I hadn’t realized...
- Parrott said ‘Triton’ streaming app sucks. They must be free for stations and promising ad revenue or something ? Stations that have a streaming service that allow usage of VLC, have been dropping...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Just now heard WMAL local host Larry O’Conner interview TX Rep Louie Gohmert. At the close, O’Conner wished him luck in his relection and said that he had been in DC as long as Larry had a...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I don’t recommend buying Tunein. 😉
- Fred Stiening said I am retired. Srguide is what gives me a reason to live. That and chocolate.
- CC1s121LrBGT said I thought you were going to buy SGR so that Fred can finally retire. 😉
- Parrott said Well, the Parrott is going to buy a Powerball ticket, and mega millions ticket. If he wins, rumor has it that he will buy CSX and run it as a real railroad. ( Can’t afford NS. ) Then build a C...
- Fred Stiening said Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Who’s nuts? Was he nuts because of what he ate, or after eating? Holy cow. You are what you eat? https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/nation-world/national/article220151245.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said If you meet her or her programming, General Motors may have, keep, and sell all the details: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/17/17990052/gm-radio-listen-tracking-habits-advertising-future
- Fred Stiening said An FM radio personality in Detroit has died at age 63 https://amp.freep.com/amp/1661220002 I turn 63 next month. Yikes.
- Fred Stiening said We waved our church fans
- Fred Stiening said The YouTube preview appears to have broken
- Fred Stiening said Yes. In the last quarter, they had $8 million in profits after taxes, and ironically got a $15 million windfall from the Republican tax cut. The company has been renamed Urban One, recognizing th...
- CC1s121LrBGT said 🙁
- Fred Stiening said Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has died. Alt-Ctrl-Del did not revive him.
- CC1s121LrBGT said What did you guys in NC do to Michael to make it intensify over land and then clobber Perrott’s Virginia? https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2018/10/15/hurricane-michaels-second-wind-rare-...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Medical doctors make about 5 USD per month in Cuba – that’s right, five US dollars per month for being a medical doctor. It is unlikely they will be buying any tickets to a MLB game any ti...
- CC1s121LrBGT said As a result, look for more Geoblocking on the internet, and a longer wait to ever see podcasts of radio shows featuring music.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not to worry, Parrott, that is common slang … we all know it means rail road gumshoes. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Are they now in the black? 😉
- Fred Stiening said Afraid of electricity use possibly causing fires, PG&E deliberately cuts power to 60,000 customers http://amp.ktvu.com/news/pg-e-shuts-off-power-schools-closed-because-of-high-winds-fire-danger T...
- Fred Stiening said MLB should move or add teams in Cuba and Dominican Republic and see how quickly the myth of Baseball being “America’s sport” vaporizes
- Fred Stiening said Apparently things went smoothly
- Fred Stiening said One of the main aspects is that the behind-the-scenes people, like the producers and the music editors will get royalties. Music produced before 1972 was being screwed over by the way the previous l...
- Fred Stiening said I am a bit puzzled by what is going on. My best guess is they were unable to get any conventional movie distribution, so they did one of these Glenn Beck things where you broadcast it to a group of th...
- countess robini said No. I really don’t think it is. But since it is basically guy land here I will tell you I have heard a few stories over the years from other women. * An older professional woman raped in her...
- countess robini said Can we get it on roku tv later? P.s.: we saw “first man. ” The reviews were so good. Movie underwhelming. Went to the 4:20 show. About 12 people in the theater, including us. All aging b...
- countess robini said Thank you for the plug for hoopla. Here in Charlotte everyone with a library card gets to borrow six items a month. I tried doing a few audiobooks on hoopla but found it cumbersome to use and the cont...
- countess robini said That’s ok, Parrott. I worked in three different newsrooms. Heard lots of bad words.
- Fred Stiening said While checking out the Jesus Christ show, iHeart was running an ad for an “IPO” for the company that publishes “High Times” magazine. Puff Puff.
- Fred Stiening said Less than a month from the election, YouTube stars Diamond and Silk have a movie out in theaters. The two pro-Trump black women star in “Dummycrats”. In the Charlotte metro area, with...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Your reply is 100% correct and something I hadn’t considered. I was thinking more of flying objects and the damage they will do to a structure (A flying brick at 175 mph will go through an ave...
- Fred Stiening said Every source I looked at says v³ http://windpower.generatorguide.net/wind-energy.html Momentary gust in a single spot is not how the intensity of a hurricane is measured.
- Fred Stiening said And Hoopla
- CC1s121LrBGT said In all seriousness, most libraries now have ebooks that with your library card, you can download for free from Amazon.com. You check them out like a regular book but there is never a late fee –...
- Fred Stiening said It is worth admitting that WCBS has long carried the Yankees games 😉 However, the Mets play the Cubs – who still play many weekday day games
- Fred Stiening said If your local library hired robots to fetch and store books, we could repurpose librarians to be Uber drivers
- Fred Stiening said Just because you live for today, and there is nothing to die for – doesn’t mean you might not die today. It is easy to imagine no possessions when you’re living next to Central Par
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have been wondering why Yoko Ono just released a new modernized version of her late husband’s classic, “Imagine”. Enjoy if you can. I wonder if you can. https://www.youtube.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The energy is actually proportional to the mass of the traveling object time the square (rather than cube) of its velocity. I had read that Michael’s windspeeds were clocked at 175 mph. I̵...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Since the advent of Google, we hardly even use the Dewey decimal system. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Onward indeed. Lean forward as they liked to say as MSLSD. https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/10/11/steve-deace-joins-theblaze-lineup-starting-next-week https://www.conservativereview.com/news/we-lik...
- Fred Stiening said ICANN is changing the locks on the internet https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2018-08-22-en
- Fred Stiening said Charleston had 50-60 mph wind gusts and ugly seas, but nothing catastrophic https://www.postandcourier.com/news/wind-gusts-up-to-mph-reported-in-charleston-from-tropical/article_4ba09cda-cd4e-11e8-941...
Monthly Archives: November 2011
So Iran “takes over” Britain’s embassy ala the US in 1979 under Jimmy Carter… England expels Iran’s diplomats Mysterious explosions break out at Iran’s nuclear “research” sites. Be Vewy Quiet. France calls for more sanctions on Iran and withdraws its … Continue reading
This is a really big deal on so many levels. KKGN-AM 960 is called “Green 960”. It’s licensed to Oakland California and owned by Clear Channel Radio. Unlike the myth of “evil” Clear Channel by the left, Air America would … Continue reading
For whatever reason, Michael “Savage” Weiner started off his show today trying to lump Barney Frank and Newt Gingrich as being just bookends on the opposite ends of the same shelf… Newt being a person who has “spent his entire … Continue reading
http://www.unspsc.org/ Being the curious guy I am, after playing around with the food prices yesterday, I wondered if there is a [free] source that allows entering a UPC code (perhaps by using your iPhone to scan a barcode) and pulling … Continue reading
“Fraudulent” is my choice of words, not Fitch. Fitch is one of the major credit rating agencies. This story is breaking in the London Financial Times. In the language necessary in their business, they are saying that the CDS (Credit … Continue reading
Time for plain talk. Nutritious foods are important for good health, calories are necessary for survival. With all the “right wing” radio shows pitching “gourmet” survival foods, let’s talk about the reality of their doomsday scenario. The fundamental rule of … Continue reading
We’ve been beating around the bush if you want the US Military to use force to reshape the world. Pakistan was the force behind 9/11, not Afghanistsn, Libya, Iraq or Iran (although they may have supported it to varying degrees). … Continue reading
If you’ve been reading the blogs or paying much attention, you have noticed I’m paying less and less time and attention to talk radio. There isn’t one host left who I think “I have to listen to this today or … Continue reading
Two months ago, I wrote about the naive college professor from the United States who “returned” to Libya to “run” the oil ministry and finances. Who is Ali Tarhouri? My prediction was “I think it likely Mr Tarhouni doesn’t even … Continue reading