- Do you see problems?
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Stale FCC data
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Getting Caught Up
- People on the Internet lie
- Herman Cain has died
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- Recognize my face?
- Barry Farber has died at age 90
- Earthquake / tsunami in Russia – 7.8
- Resumption of service
- Fred Stiening said In a convoluted transaction, the former KFMB-AM in San Diego is now KGB-AM Clear...
- Fred Stiening said Some more texture https://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/...
- Fred Stiening said This is resolved now
- TheChairman said We're using Windows 7 and MX Linux here.
- TheChairman said Parrot – I'm here. Fred just mentioned Google was indexing the site a...
- Fred Stiening said Wikipedia seems to have removed the station website links for some reason
- Fred Stiening said It looks like the affiliates of English language China Radio International have...
- Fred Stiening said Not a huge surprise, but many radio stations are officially silent. This is th...
- fhiggins said Jim Bohannon feed works fine.
- Fred Stiening said I need someone to poke around on the web site. I have added a consent front-en...
- Fred Stiening said Clear Channel /iHeart is buying WWRL-AM in New York City to be part of its new B...
- Fred Stiening said 30ish years ago there was another Cafeteria operator called Morrison’s Cafeteria...
- Fred Stiening said I have a sense the Karens might be ready to wage war on the board president and...
- RebelSansClue said Congratulations! Our condo board appears to be made up of Karens. I suspect the...
- RebelSansClue said Sad. Living in New England, I've obviously never hear of them. Sounds like...
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Last weekend, The “Conservative” People’s Party in Spain won control of the Parliament, and Mariano Rajoy will become the new Prime Minister. Why did the socialists lose control and who is Mariano Rajoy? Spain has a long history of cultural … Continue reading
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45426952/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/#.Ts5Jy1az6uI War-mongering France now wants international action to “protect civilians” from their government with direct military intervention. France has a bit more of a history with Syria than in Libya. Following World War 1, the League of Nations turned over … Continue reading
Thom Hartmann is supposed to be on WXXM-FM at the moment. I’ve been listening for about 10 minutes and still can’t figure out which sport I’m listening to – the hosts are giving no hints at what sport this is … Continue reading
In order to buy bonds directly from the German Bank (the “Primary” market), you have to be on their accredited list. The Primary buyers then resell the bonds to the “Secondary” market, hopefully for a profit. Well, the buyers stayed … Continue reading
A curious thing happened today. Nobody showed up to buy German debt. There is little chance of a German default – in the secondary market, German debt carries a lower interest rate than US Debt, and lower than most of … Continue reading
http://www.dubaichronicle.com/2011/11/23/uaes-bankruptcy-and-financial-restructuring-law-almost-ready/ A couple years ago, Dubai World was about to unravel as the real estate swindle it is, but there was a problem. Sharia law prohibits the paying of interest (usury) on borrowed money. Bankruptcy law doesn’t exist in Islam … Continue reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/23/world/middleeast/egypts-cabinet-offers-to-quit-as-activists-urge-wider-protests.html Tahrir square is again full of 10s of thousands of protestors, urged there by the Muslim Brotherhood. The temporary government picked by the military to run the country until elections are held has offered to resign. Allah Ahkbar. Peace … Continue reading
I was the Treasurer of the Student Government Association in college. That’s where I learned that government entities use accounting that is completely different than what a business uses – something I wasn’t taught in any of my accounting classes. … Continue reading
The name sounded familiar.. Following the deregulation of radio in 1996 during the Bill & Hillary Clinton administration, there was a “land rush” of people running around buying up radio stations as fast as they could. One of the people … Continue reading
http://news92fm.com/ Radio One, the company that employs Al Sharpton for its “urban talk” network has its new non-political no-spin 24 hours a day news station on the air in Houston Texas (KROI-FM) http://news92fm.com/?get-streaming-audio-player=1 I’m not sure why, but it took … Continue reading