Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- June knows heat
- Coloring the News
- Do you see problems?
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
- Fred Stiening said Roe Conn is out at WGN-AM in Chicago. They bought out his contract until the end of the year, making him completely invisible. Roeconn.com directs you to WGN, so I guess Roe no longer owns his own name
Monthly Archives: January 2012
I asked the question at the time if Glenn Beck contributed to the collapse of Bear Stearns in 2008, and today’s radio show forces me to ask it again more forcefully. Glenn had a guest on GBTV last night spinning … Continue reading
Virtually the same hour that S&P was downgrading Italy and France’s credit, and the banks have given up on saving Greece, the luxury ship Costa Concordia – named after the hope for European Unity – on a cruise from Italy … Continue reading
In a world with over 9,000 streaming radio stations, how will people find the station they want? Continue reading
Tuesday is Republican Primary day in South Carolina. http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/primary/rep/sc/ This poll shows the latest estimates and the trend. In a week, Ron Paul went from 9% to 20%, yet he is barefly mentioned in most of the news stories, and … Continue reading
Monday is the day the United States celebrates the legacy of Martin Luther King, the black Republican Conservative American who pushed the US Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act – over the protests of the Southern Democrats, like Al … Continue reading
Bob Pitmann is all about selling brand and identity. A small quirk that I picked up on a while back – while iHeartRadio has radio in the name of the player, when you use the Clear Channel player it takes … Continue reading
http://streamingradioguide.com/blogradio/?page_id=691 This was the Clear Channel description I wrote in late 2009 about the history of Clear Channel and the takover by Bain Capital and Thomas H Lee that closed in July of 2008. The main things that have changed … Continue reading
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-13/aon-to-move-headquarters-to-london-from-chicago-to-be-near-lloyd-s-market.html In a world increasingly dominated by pools of money with no obvious owner and no priority beyond generating as much income as possible – regardless of the effects on the communities and countries it affects, moves like Frank -Dodd … Continue reading
Timing is everything. I was just sitting down to type a blog post saying the Rush really really needs to disclose that his paycheck is signed by Bain Capital. That moment, he gave his “full disclosure” (Tuesday @ 2:14 PM … Continue reading