Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- Coloring the News
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- June knows heat
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Do you see problems?
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
- Fred Stiening said Roe Conn is out at WGN-AM in Chicago. They bought out his contract until the end of the year, making him completely invisible. Roeconn.com directs you to WGN, so I guess Roe no longer owns his own name
Monthly Archives: March 2012
USA Today has this story today about President Obama’s choice to lead the World Bank Kim: Obama’s unconventional pick to lead the World Bank Mr Kim was born in Korea and raised in the United States. For the past 3 … Continue reading
Heard from a guest on the Laurie Roth show – one of the typical “right wing” “Christian” shows that think President Obama is Satan It isn’t true (at least the Obamacare part) http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp The “Page 1001” referenced was in one … Continue reading
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/03/23/trayvon-martins-hoodie-and-george-zimmerman-share-blame/ Geraldo Rivera has a new radio show on KABC-AM in Los Angeles, and WABC in New York, and probably will be syndicated by Cumulus nationally soon. He has said in public what I’ve been thinking but unwilling to say … Continue reading
When you see the time on the web pages, in most cases it’s actually showing your computer’s time – not the time of the StreamingRadioGuide.com’s web server. I should have realized this a long time ago, but the web server … Continue reading
http://nation.foxnews.com/eric-holder/2012/03/19/holder-1995-we-must-brainwash-people-guns So I was getting my daily dose of Alex Jones, and he plays the clip of Attorney General Holder announcing that we need to have every school start every day with the teachers giving the students anti-gun messages, and … Continue reading
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-19/sprint-drops-after-bernstein-cuts-rating-on-concern-about-iphone If you were here a year ago, you may remember my story about looking into getting Clear 4G internet access which is a joint venture with Sprint. Had I become a customer and been happy, my opinion might have … Continue reading
http://abcnewsradioonline.com/business-news/taxmasters-inc-files-for-bankruptcy.html If you listen to radio a lot, you’ve certainly heard their ads – trying to get you to pay them a fee (in advance) to pick up the phone and call the IRS and make all your IRS problems … Continue reading
Here is my fantasy of what I would like Bob Pittman, Clear Channel’s CEO to say at a news conference. “Hello, My name is Robert Pittman. I’m President and CEO of Clear Channel media, the parent company that owns Clear … Continue reading
Today’s news (via the Tom Taylor newsletter) is that TRN’s America’s Radio News (ARN) which is now doing 15 hours a day of radio news, in cooperation with the Washington Times, is going to start feeding its own “Top/Bottom of … Continue reading