Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- Getting Caught Up
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- June knows heat
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Do you see problems?
- Website Status
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- SEPTA, the month of brotherly love
- Send in the Clouds
- Resumption of service
- Coloring the News
- To Infinity and Beyond
- Stale FCC data
- fhiggins said This is exactly why I come to this blog. Appreciate the analysis.
- Fred Stiening said The listen to a random station button on the main page actually works now. https://streamingradioguide.com/listenrand.php Initially, it just chooses one out of around 12,000 stations. You can limit it to a category like “country music” a...
- Fred Stiening said Randi Rhodes has resurfaced after “leaving corporate America for 10 years”. The handful of stations clinging to progressive talk don’t have enough programming to fill a schedule, so they backfill with Coast to Coast, Clark Howard,...
- Fred Stiening said Alex Jones is passing along the claim that the vidoes from Hunter Biden’s hard drive show him having sex with underage Chinese girls. Is it illegal to go to another country to engage in sexual acts that would be illegal in the United States? Y...
- Parrott said Well Carp ! those were the days, going to my favorite knife and gun club, listening to the Cigar Dave show live on WFNR on Saturday afternoons. Cigar dave no longer syndicated, the 1998 Jeep needs a radiator and is parked in the back yard. Sell...
- Fred Stiening said A caller to the Money Pit let the cat out of the bag. Many shows in radio syndication are not live – they are fake live. Click and Clack was the best show at hiding this. The phone number mentioned on the phone connects you to voicemail wher...
- Fred Stiening said Alpha Male Cigar Dave is gone. His syndicated show ended abruptly in June. He is still available on a free podcast on his website
- Fred Stiening said Maybe I should’ve been a reporter in another life. A key question that nobody appears to be asking about the hunter Biden story… One of the pictures from the MacBook shows Hunter Biden asleep with a crack pipe hanging out of his mouth. Who took...
- Fred Stiening said On a positive note, I learned today that the Golden Corral Buffet in Greensboro has reopened and offering both pickup and delivery and dining room. Of the ways I consume food, Golden Buffet is by far the healthiest. I used Grubhub for delivery an...
- Fred Stiening said I am "shocked" that an India born feminist who got her law degree from New York University would not understand the idea of freedom https://www.law.nyu.edu/centers/birnbaum-womens-leadership-network/podcasts/gadde
- Fred Stiening said Twitter is grateful for the feedback it has received and significantly changed its policy. https://mobile.twitter.com/vijaya Even journalists who want Joe Biden to win would object to a legitimate journalist and the White House Press Secretary being...
- Fred Stiening said In the dog eat dog world of Truth, Twitter is suspending anyone who links to the NY Post story, not even referring to the allegedly “hacked” data. If you give someone the password to your device and they look at your device, that is not “hacking” h...
Monthly Archives: June 2012
“What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States. And that is I will act to repeal Obamacare.” How? First, note that he … Continue reading
I suddenly have an interest in Tweed Airport, the public airport in New Haven, Connecticut. I wasn’t sure it even had scheduled air service any more – it has a very short runway (and local opposition to fixing that) – … Continue reading
Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp voted today to split off its newspaper business from the News Corp TV empire (aka Fox) This is most likely to try to put legal distance between the “phone hacking scandal” in England and their US … Continue reading
This could be the Talk Radio killer. A large part of America now own an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad. Up until now, “podcasts” have been stupidly complex and intimidating. In the iUniverse, that meant switching between two apps, one … Continue reading
Sarah Palin’s email account was “hacked” when some kid reset her password. All it took was correctly answering a challenge question, one that a trivial amount of research turned up. Challenge questions are not there to make your account … Continue reading
Last weekend was the debut of another “The World is Ending and Civilization is about to end, what will you do?” movies… Unlike Hunger Games, I didn’t bother writing about it. Just now, I was bombarded with an ad for … Continue reading
So you’re probably wondering why produce in the middle of summer is costing $4 a pound…. The Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi decided that the water needed by farmers in the San Joaquin Valley was more important to protect the … Continue reading
http://www.insidemusicmedia.com/the_coming_advertiser_revolt_against_radio Jerry Del Colliano publishes this newsletter – it used to be free, now it’s $10 a month or $99 a year. I used to read it every day. I’ve never worked in Radio and have no interest in working … Continue reading
I’m ready to declare that if you own a radio station license and are not streaming, you are either stubborn, not actually in the communications business, are frugal beyond reason or have questionable business judgement. With Clear Channel, Cumulus, Cox … Continue reading