- Fred Stiening said Haven’t paid your FCC fees since 2005? Just invoke the “minority” defense http://www.insideradio.com/free/fcc-gives-two-am-owners-a-second-chance-to-renew/article_73ad8610-8b4f-11e9...
- Fred Stiening said According to a Russian radio station in New York City, there are between 6.5 and 7 million Russians living in the United States. That’s a lot of votes for Donald Trump!
- Fred Stiening said This might be a sign of the End Times – New York Times doing a positive story about Michael Savage https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/us/politics/michael-savage-trump.html As they say in the M...
- Mark said Naptha Tanker just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Triple Crown! 😉
- Fred Stiening said All you need to know about the Nationwide electricity blackout in Argentina – “Energy Secretariat”
- CC1s121LrBGT said Coming to a town near you: respected financial new source https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-baltimore-secret-surveillance/ local rag response https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-cit...
- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: June 2012
“What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States. And that is I will act to repeal Obamacare.” How? First, note that he … Continue reading
I suddenly have an interest in Tweed Airport, the public airport in New Haven, Connecticut. I wasn’t sure it even had scheduled air service any more – it has a very short runway (and local opposition to fixing that) – … Continue reading
Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp voted today to split off its newspaper business from the News Corp TV empire (aka Fox) This is most likely to try to put legal distance between the “phone hacking scandal” in England and their US … Continue reading
This could be the Talk Radio killer. A large part of America now own an iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad. Up until now, “podcasts” have been stupidly complex and intimidating. In the iUniverse, that meant switching between two apps, one … Continue reading
Sarah Palin’s email account was “hacked” when some kid reset her password. All it took was correctly answering a challenge question, one that a trivial amount of research turned up. Challenge questions are not there to make your account … Continue reading
Last weekend was the debut of another “The World is Ending and Civilization is about to end, what will you do?” movies… Unlike Hunger Games, I didn’t bother writing about it. Just now, I was bombarded with an ad for … Continue reading
So you’re probably wondering why produce in the middle of summer is costing $4 a pound…. The Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi decided that the water needed by farmers in the San Joaquin Valley was more important to protect the … Continue reading
http://www.insidemusicmedia.com/the_coming_advertiser_revolt_against_radio Jerry Del Colliano publishes this newsletter – it used to be free, now it’s $10 a month or $99 a year. I used to read it every day. I’ve never worked in Radio and have no interest in working … Continue reading
I’m ready to declare that if you own a radio station license and are not streaming, you are either stubborn, not actually in the communications business, are frugal beyond reason or have questionable business judgement. With Clear Channel, Cumulus, Cox … Continue reading