- Fred Stiening said I overlooked WNBM-FM because it is licensed to serve Bronxville, an extremely afluent village of about 6000 millionaires in Westchester County. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronxville,_New_York T...
- TheChairman said So, to add to the radio insanity of the day: during Rush’s show this morning, I-Heart started playing a ‘promo’ trailer: “Monster: The Zodiac Killer. Get the app.” We found it...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Salem is an interesting thought. Remember about a year ago, Salem switched to 570 in the DC area. Salem’s WNYM in Hackensack gets very poor coverage in NJ – it also uses a very direction...
- Fred Stiening said WABC’s ratings are a mere shadow of their Zenith having lost Rush and Hannity to WOR-AM. Their rent for the studios must be pretty substantial. Conservative talk in New York was always a challenge...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Assuming they can finish the project for free, and someone pays off all the loans they incurred so far. Their spreadsheet still predicts that all their riders will flock to them to pay 2x the existing...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Let’s see if Bloomberg buys up WABC for its Lodi transmitter and license on 770. WBBR 1130 (formerly WNEW-AM) also transmits from that area but with a directional signal to cover Long Island, l...
- Fred Stiening said Atlanta based Cox Media is about to bail on its TV stations, which would leave WSB-AM an orphan…
- Parrott said Yeah my wife listens to the podcasts at 1.5x regular speed also CC. I came into the house one day and she had it on a speaker, I swear it was Alvin the chipmunk. She says the same thing, ̵...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Doc would have been safer jogging in California. https://www.kqed.org/news/11725636/state-of-the-state-newsom-pulls-plug-on-s-f-to-l-a-high-speed-rail-project New business idea : web site that tracks...
- Parrott said Whoops, Ran out of ‘other peoples money, I guess. California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced on Tuesday he is pulling the plug on the state’s massive high-speed rail project from Los Angeles...
- CC1s121LrBGT said In northern Virginia, you can get WOR during the day if you have a good radio and no fluorescent lights or computers nearby to interfere. Re podcasts, most players allow you to increase the playback...
- Parrott said 710 WFNR Blacksburg /Christainsburg VA is off the air. Cumulost sold them and all the radio stations they had bought in SWVA, and proceded to run into the ground, to the Montecello radio group f...
- briand75 said Well crap! I liked Doc Thompson! While he made the “immature male” popular again, his mind was quite well-ordered and he was loveable soul. Killed by a train? I love trains – very c...
- TheChairman said CC: Discretionary use of the horn was cited in TEXRail’s notice regarding the quiet zone. An engineer has absolute authority to sound a horn if deemed necessary, ordinances notwithstanding. If...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. But using the horn to alert someone despite an ordinance against using a horn would at worst result in a complaint, paperwork and possible job loss (no job loss if AI toots the horn).
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- Triton Digital being acquired by… Scripps?
- Fear in Detroit
- Meet Cathy Hughes
- Not just the United States
- Making America’s Malls great again
- October, the month for fear
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: October 2012
One regret of my 17 years living in two condos was Halloween. Any kid with a brain knows condos are mostly filled with grumpy old people with no children, and it’s just a waste of time to knock on doors … Continue reading
This is why I dislike and don’t trust the “right wing echo machine”. The story bouncing around Drudge, Hot Air, TheBlaze, etc… is Joe Biden getting confused again about what state he is in – referring to the Cleveland Plain … Continue reading
http://wight2012.com/wight-announces-new-campaign-manager/ Up until today, he was the campaign director for Chris Wight, who is running as a Republican for the US House. He is running for the 12th District, which includes the east half of most of Manhattan. “After arriving … Continue reading
WRKO just announced that it has hired the only honest man in DC – the one who says on his web site that he does consulting work for the Republican Party, yet claims he is no shill for the Republican … Continue reading
KDKA AM in Pittsburgh has had a government is your daddy government employee on for the last two days extolling the role of government in dealing with disasters. Near the end, she was laying the foundation for claiming disability due … Continue reading
Your government has been busy spending money to keep the Asian Carp out of the Great lakes. If you don’t know why that matters, just search YouTube. http://www.asiancarp.org/documents/Des-Plaines-Flood-Map-July-2010.pdf The Asian Carp were originally let free into the Mississippi River when … Continue reading
August 29th, I became an Illinoiser, transferring my driver’s license and vehicle registration at the North Chicago office of the Secretary of State. Near the end of the process, I foolishly accepted the offer to automatically be registered to vote … Continue reading
Based on the track, KYW-AM in Philadelphia will probably be the all news radio station most in the center of the storm, but this storm is going to cause widespread power outages and flooding probably from Buffalo to Boston. Based … Continue reading
For the past 24 hours, Savage was #4 of streaming attempts, which is basically where he was before leaving TRN. #4 is about half of #3 (Laura Ingraham) Probably more non Cumulus stations will add him next Monday. Radio Stations … Continue reading