- Fred Stiening said Kim Komando gives advice on how to use digital assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Home) to listen to radio https://www.komando.com/tips/560001/get-radio-broadcasts-on-alexa-siri-and-google-home
- Fred Stiening said Tupelo MS based American Family Radio seems to have dropped their religious music programming, replacing it with a “hybrid” lineup of mostly prerecorded teaching. AFR was founded by legen...
- Fred Stiening said Partly because of spending more time here and partly with help from the FCC and indirectly from ootunes, there are about 400 more streaming stations in the directory in the last week, bringing the tot...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2012
The big meeting just ended. Unfortunately I only saw the last 5 minutes There are about 6,000 applications for FM Translators “on hold” from around 2004. The FCC had an open application period without any limits and several religious groups … Continue reading
How’s that for a flashback? Pia got her moment of fame by being a young woman hanging around with an aging Frank Sinatra. Jerry Doyle was promoting a charity event in Vegas and mentioned her name. She is 58 years … Continue reading
Last night, I stumbled on an hour of TMZ Live – Premiere launched it maybe a year ago. Looking at the list of their big list of affiliates during the summer, all of them were Clear Channel music stations and … Continue reading
Now that Laura Ingraham dropped her bombshell of leaving TRN, she has an immediate loose end to deal with, the same one Savage had – some number of people have prepaid subscriptions to the Laura 365 service. Who owns it … Continue reading
Tom Taylor started picking rumors about a week ago that Laura Ingraham was about to become a pioneer – taking her show to iHeartRadio. Now confirmation is coming from affiliates that Laura is either “in negotiations with” or will be … Continue reading
Who is conning whom? Please describe the invention in the above video.
Happy Holidays! There is a pink slip in your stuffing! WTDY-AN in Madison Wisconsin pulled the plug on its news/talk format today. “Holiday Music” for now – it’s a pretty safe bet after that Christmas thing, sports will begin to … Continue reading
The way advertising is sold to streaming radio listeners might have gotten people to think about this. Harris is about the only company still making top of the line commercial radio transmitters. They want to try this concept in Palm … Continue reading
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/broadcasting-legend-sonny-eliot-dies-at-the-age-of-91 Sonny used to do the rather unique weather forecasts on WWJ-AM, combining jokes with snow warnings. The story points out that Sonny was involved in radio in the very early days, when several national radio shows were produced in … Continue reading
http://www.tacomaweekly.com/dailymashup/view/seattles-kptk-am-1090-expected-to-switch-from-progressive-talk-to-sports/ The head of the American Trial Lawyers Association is threatening to sue CBS if they drop progressive talk in Seattle. He currently is carried on the station on a weekend program that used to run on the long ago … Continue reading