- Fred Stiening said This may be the end of progressive talk radio https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444232-bill-press-to-end-his-daily-radio-show (The WordPress database was clobbered again, so a few comments were lost)...
- Fred Stiening said Grumpy cat has died https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/media/grumpy-cat-dead.html
- Fred Stiening said I can’t wait for my free cheese!
- CC1s121LrBGT said ..but one less father. The father of KFI’s Tim Conway Jr. has passed away. Better known than the son, the son has a good local show: https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/tim-conway-jr/ “...
- Mark said Alma, with her 900 hats and 40 point victory margins, looks like a winner. You should be well represented.
- Fred Stiening said My taste in trains goes more to complex switching yards, train dispatching, interlockings, and more the business of freight rather than passenger trains. Google News told me about the Big Boy restor...
- Fred Stiening said I MAY have completed my move to Pineville NC. You MAY have heard there was a special election in the 9th Congressional district of NC. Because Republicans have no party discipline, something like 8 pe...
- Mark said I know you have a passion for trains. Recently I rode on the California Zephyr from Osceola, IA to Denver, CO with my 9-year old son. On our return home to Minnesota, I saw that the Curbside Classic w...
- Fred Stiening said When I was living in Flint Township, the voters of Flint decided to vote for Mayor based on skin color, not ability. Even to my somewhat naive street smarts, it was obvious prostitution and drug dea...
- Fred Stiening said I had Disqus on here for a few weeks. It was interesting to see how it works. I was a little concerned because the way icons were handled could in theory confirm the email address of the commenter...
- JayMar said Look at Disqus Conservatively Speaking. Everyone cuts and paste articles from other sources and everyone participates in the discussion. It’s quite entertaining, informative, and it allows for y...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Diversity is an oxymoron: https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-wjz-bubala-babj-20190506-story.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats have not changed their playbook in 100 years. from 1915 to 1960, they flooded the northern cities with poor people, mostly blacks, from the south by offering very generous welfare benefi...
- TheChairman said The problem with Flint is embodied in a single snippet from the DC article: “In November 2017, Mays was sentenced to a week of community service for pawning his city-issued laptop nine times. As...
- TheJerseyDevil said I might, but I like the monthly “general” blog post as a way to post links to stories because it can encourage discussion and commentary on the articles. But the “In the Radio News...
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I noticed an uptick in the number of people listening to Progressive talk shows this week and was wondering why. This morning I got the answer – two more Progressive Talk stations just went under – WGUV in Atlanta (they … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I was wondering if the decline in activity here was just holiday related or something else is going on. WABC-AM hit a 2.2 share in Arbitron, the lowest since they flipped from music in the 1970s. … Continue reading
While doing my testing thing the other night, I was listening to WBT-AM in Charlotte, NC, a city I lived in for about 4 years, and lived near for about 10. WBT used to be owned by Jefferson-Pilot, an insurance … Continue reading
I just added a new feature, that about 3 people will find interesting, and he rest will go “huh?” Let’s say you know that Dr Laura Schlessinger used to have a radio show, and left a year ago to move … Continue reading
Nicole Sandler had a brief stint on Air America as it was imploding. She now “works” doing an internet only video stream. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/28765840 She has 363 followers on Twitter! Tune in and take a peek at Nicole’s middle aged sagging … Continue reading
http://www.ocregister.com/news/doctor-409585-beach-police.html Back in the good old days, one of Dr Dean Edell’s recurring topics was over treatment of prostate cancer. The inventor of the PSA test is on a campaign to get doctors to stop using the PSA test as … Continue reading
You’re forgiven if you don’t know who he is. He’s a talk show host on the racially segregated Radio One network, along with Al Sharpton. The Obama/Holder Department of Justice has charged him with involvement in a scheme to create … Continue reading
Maybe someone reads my blog post about the end game of Americans not having enough children – Chicago’s NPR affiliate WBEZ-FM is launching a $400,000 campaign encouraging its shrinking listener base to Go Make Babies (gomakebabies.com) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/01/28/wbez-go-make-babies-ad-ca_n_2568687.html?utm_hp_ref=chicago I have to … Continue reading
Russia Today reports that Glenn Beck would like to create a city based on Ayn Rand’s ideas. People may have forgotten that Walt Disney originally intended that EPCOT was going to be a real city created from the mind of … Continue reading
https://fiber.google.com/features/ So how’s that for shaking things up? Combine that with the FCC trying to free up 200 MHz of spectrum for WIFi and the world is about to change again