- Fred Stiening said A local update on Emmie https://www.ibj.com/articles/after-years-of-pruning-emmis-ready-for-reinvention
- Fred Stiening said So one of ESPN’s hosts named Dan le Batard decided that he was going to defy his bosses at Disney and go into a screed about what a racist President Donald Trump is. Mr. Le batard spent 16 years...
- Fred Stiening said I am not sure of the legalisms here, but I am finding FM translators being promoted on the website of the primary station, when the FCC status shows it’s still a construction permit. For exampl...
- Fred Stiening said The customer who was shot is now well enough to talk to the TV station https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/customer-injured-in-steak-n-shake-shooting-said-employee-killed-was-the-hero/967926745 He was n...
- Fred Stiening said One of his past ventures is called VeggieTales, an animated series of anthropomorphized vegetables who spread the love of Jesus https://www.veggietales.com/
- Fred Stiening said So IHRT is now on sale. NASDAQ allowed them to register for direct trading, rather than launching an IPO. This means the sellers at the moment are the lender who received the stock as part of the bank...
- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I noticed an uptick in the number of people listening to Progressive talk shows this week and was wondering why. This morning I got the answer – two more Progressive Talk stations just went under – WGUV in Atlanta (they … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I was wondering if the decline in activity here was just holiday related or something else is going on. WABC-AM hit a 2.2 share in Arbitron, the lowest since they flipped from music in the 1970s. … Continue reading
While doing my testing thing the other night, I was listening to WBT-AM in Charlotte, NC, a city I lived in for about 4 years, and lived near for about 10. WBT used to be owned by Jefferson-Pilot, an insurance … Continue reading
I just added a new feature, that about 3 people will find interesting, and he rest will go “huh?” Let’s say you know that Dr Laura Schlessinger used to have a radio show, and left a year ago to move … Continue reading
Nicole Sandler had a brief stint on Air America as it was imploding. She now “works” doing an internet only video stream. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/28765840 She has 363 followers on Twitter! Tune in and take a peek at Nicole’s middle aged sagging … Continue reading
http://www.ocregister.com/news/doctor-409585-beach-police.html Back in the good old days, one of Dr Dean Edell’s recurring topics was over treatment of prostate cancer. The inventor of the PSA test is on a campaign to get doctors to stop using the PSA test as … Continue reading
You’re forgiven if you don’t know who he is. He’s a talk show host on the racially segregated Radio One network, along with Al Sharpton. The Obama/Holder Department of Justice has charged him with involvement in a scheme to create … Continue reading
Maybe someone reads my blog post about the end game of Americans not having enough children – Chicago’s NPR affiliate WBEZ-FM is launching a $400,000 campaign encouraging its shrinking listener base to Go Make Babies (gomakebabies.com) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/01/28/wbez-go-make-babies-ad-ca_n_2568687.html?utm_hp_ref=chicago I have to … Continue reading
Russia Today reports that Glenn Beck would like to create a city based on Ayn Rand’s ideas. People may have forgotten that Walt Disney originally intended that EPCOT was going to be a real city created from the mind of … Continue reading
https://fiber.google.com/features/ So how’s that for shaking things up? Combine that with the FCC trying to free up 200 MHz of spectrum for WIFi and the world is about to change again