- Parrott said huh, WRVA is ‘entercom’. I didn’t know that. When they played music in the 70’s and 80’s there were WRVA bumper stickers on cars all over Virginia. Now someone i...
- Parrott said Probably not Fred. Bummer. I remember when they tore down WJJJ studio and transmitter in Christiansburg, VA. back in 1995. Sucked. I remember touring the station when I was a kid in 1974 with my...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting. At a quick glance, KMOX and WPHT (ex-WCAU) have been OO CBS as far back as my childhood. WPHT is interesting as it has dropped Rush before. Many suburban stations with Rush cover Philade...
- Fred Stiening said A nuance to that announcement. Most of the heritage CBS AM stations do not carry Rush. When Mel Karmizen was still running Infinity Broadcasting, his stations carried Rush, which continued after the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per today’s announcement, the 900 pound gorilla will be in the room with “a long-term contract extension” on 15 Entercom talk stations across the country. (per https://radioink.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crazy. I just verified that myself the other day. I was looking for any non Cumulus station that plays Plante live. All the Cumulus stations had the “Newts Whirled” pre-roll and it was not...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I just found this list of “Paranormal Radio” and you may enjoy some of the shows listed. https://paranormal.talkstreamlive.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Three cheers for C.C. ! A man ahead of his time- he knew car & roof went together long before Sen Mitt Romney! 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said ZeroHedge is now banned in New Zealand… at least on the Vodaphone ISP. https://twitter.com/kylenz99/status/1107080253573226496/photo/1
- haiti222 said I also was a big time listener to Bruce Williams. I use the things he taught a lot, and have given his advice to others over the years. A real credit to the NJ that he loved and then the FL he adopted...
- foyle said Jim Bohannon played a clip on his show as a tribute to Bruce after his death.It was that exact tale (of how he got his start in radio). I enjoyed hearing Bruce’ voice once again. I can remember...
- Mark said Fred: Your Bruce Williams dialogue is dead-on. He touted success through hard work and learning. Just pursuing your dream without knowledge and a plan was likely to end in failure. I always loved his...
- CC1s121LrBGT said oops- https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-12/facebook-reverses-zero-hedge-ban-says-it-made-mistake
- Fred Stiening said Alphabet is upping its game against the alt-right https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/03/12/alphabet-chrome-extension-toxic-comments/
- Parrott said Thanks CC, I will try her out. I think Lynchburg VA, WIQO /WNMA has Clark Howard on this morning. What the crap is that? Where is Chris Plante ? best parrott
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: January 2013
I noticed an uptick in the number of people listening to Progressive talk shows this week and was wondering why. This morning I got the answer – two more Progressive Talk stations just went under – WGUV in Atlanta (they … Continue reading
A few weeks ago, I was wondering if the decline in activity here was just holiday related or something else is going on. WABC-AM hit a 2.2 share in Arbitron, the lowest since they flipped from music in the 1970s. … Continue reading
While doing my testing thing the other night, I was listening to WBT-AM in Charlotte, NC, a city I lived in for about 4 years, and lived near for about 10. WBT used to be owned by Jefferson-Pilot, an insurance … Continue reading
I just added a new feature, that about 3 people will find interesting, and he rest will go “huh?” Let’s say you know that Dr Laura Schlessinger used to have a radio show, and left a year ago to move … Continue reading
Nicole Sandler had a brief stint on Air America as it was imploding. She now “works” doing an internet only video stream. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/28765840 She has 363 followers on Twitter! Tune in and take a peek at Nicole’s middle aged sagging … Continue reading
http://www.ocregister.com/news/doctor-409585-beach-police.html Back in the good old days, one of Dr Dean Edell’s recurring topics was over treatment of prostate cancer. The inventor of the PSA test is on a campaign to get doctors to stop using the PSA test as … Continue reading
You’re forgiven if you don’t know who he is. He’s a talk show host on the racially segregated Radio One network, along with Al Sharpton. The Obama/Holder Department of Justice has charged him with involvement in a scheme to create … Continue reading
Maybe someone reads my blog post about the end game of Americans not having enough children – Chicago’s NPR affiliate WBEZ-FM is launching a $400,000 campaign encouraging its shrinking listener base to Go Make Babies (gomakebabies.com) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/01/28/wbez-go-make-babies-ad-ca_n_2568687.html?utm_hp_ref=chicago I have to … Continue reading
Russia Today reports that Glenn Beck would like to create a city based on Ayn Rand’s ideas. People may have forgotten that Walt Disney originally intended that EPCOT was going to be a real city created from the mind of … Continue reading
https://fiber.google.com/features/ So how’s that for shaking things up? Combine that with the FCC trying to free up 200 MHz of spectrum for WIFi and the world is about to change again