Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Getting Caught Up
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The '80s until now
- GDPR Notice
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Alexa Bombing
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- Savage #2, Hannity #7
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- "Christian" "Science" Monitor freaks out over Glenn Beck's NRA speech
- Fun with snowflakes
- US Chamber of Commerce explains Common Core Math
- RebelSansClue said Happy New Year! Is the Savage podcast any good?
- Fred Stiening said The podcast has arrived. It is free, at least for now.
- RebelSansClue said I don’t even want to think about that. The day when Rush does his last show (if he hasn’t already) is getting ever nearer. I still think there’s a place for traditional radio though. Outdoor internet connections aren’t as stab...
- RebelSansClue said Yeah, but this site has better content!
- Fred Stiening said Kind of like here.
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
Monthly Archives: April 2013
I was listening to WSPD-AM to get a see what they did to replace the WSJ Daily Wrap and bumped into a morning show replay – the topic was the Toledo Blade publishing this interactive map of which gangs control … Continue reading
Now that the USDA has solved the problem of giving out free food using Farmer’s markets, they are moving on to bigger things “Following the commitment of the L’Aquila Summit, in 2012 leaders of the G-8 engaged with African partners … Continue reading
Yesterday was good walking weather. Probably half the reason I made this move was to be in a neighborhood with sidewalks so I can rebuild my strength and recharge my Vitamin D. If I go to a park by myself … Continue reading
It probably won’t shock you this is on a US highway in Chicago
Newer iOS devices come with a little friendly helper called Siri Siri does many things to help you during the day. When I drove from Connecticut to Chicago, I learned Siri will not do even the most basic tasks without … Continue reading
Want to kill your viable fetus at 8 months? No problem. Object when a nurse injects your 5 month old with antibiotics for a viral infection. That’s a problem.
Forbes story Alex Jones is talking about DHS buying up 1.6 billion bullets, many of which are hollow point, which are outlawed for military use by international treaty. So you might be saying “Alex Jones? Pffft… Rachel Maddow told me … Continue reading
What a negative person. Crime is down 69% and still unhappy. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/mayor-touts-success-of-foot-patrol-saturations-but-residents-not-so-sure/ I wonder how much city taxes Mr Blair paid last year…
A few months ago, WGST-AM in Atlanta dropped its Conservatie talk format after Rush Limbaugh destroyed talk radio by calling someone a “Slut”. The station switched to ESPN Deportes, the Spanish language Version of ESPN. The highest ratings it got … Continue reading