- CC1s121LrBGT said “WESTWOOD ONE’s MICHAEL SAVAGE will celebrate his 25th anniversary in Talk radio on SUNDAY (3/24). A special episode of SAVAGE’s show will air on MONDAY (3/25) to mark the occasion,...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not to my knowledge. I haven’t listened to either one for more than about 15 minutes total since WINS was a Westinghouse O&O station – so it has been decades. It has been at least that...
- Fred Stiening said Was CBS radio using CBS TV News as a source for the radio news?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Over the years, there has been some discussion at SRG regarding CBS running two separate all-news stations in the NYC metro area. My summary was that WINS was more “headline news” with fe...
- Parrott said huh, WRVA is ‘entercom’. I didn’t know that. When they played music in the 70’s and 80’s there were WRVA bumper stickers on cars all over Virginia. Now someone i...
- Parrott said Probably not Fred. Bummer. I remember when they tore down WJJJ studio and transmitter in Christiansburg, VA. back in 1995. Sucked. I remember touring the station when I was a kid in 1974 with my...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting. At a quick glance, KMOX and WPHT (ex-WCAU) have been OO CBS as far back as my childhood. WPHT is interesting as it has dropped Rush before. Many suburban stations with Rush cover Philade...
- Fred Stiening said A nuance to that announcement. Most of the heritage CBS AM stations do not carry Rush. When Mel Karmizen was still running Infinity Broadcasting, his stations carried Rush, which continued after the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per today’s announcement, the 900 pound gorilla will be in the room with “a long-term contract extension” on 15 Entercom talk stations across the country. (per https://radioink.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crazy. I just verified that myself the other day. I was looking for any non Cumulus station that plays Plante live. All the Cumulus stations had the “Newts Whirled” pre-roll and it was not...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I just found this list of “Paranormal Radio” and you may enjoy some of the shows listed. https://paranormal.talkstreamlive.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Three cheers for C.C. ! A man ahead of his time- he knew car & roof went together long before Sen Mitt Romney! 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said ZeroHedge is now banned in New Zealand… at least on the Vodaphone ISP. https://twitter.com/kylenz99/status/1107080253573226496/photo/1
- haiti222 said I also was a big time listener to Bruce Williams. I use the things he taught a lot, and have given his advice to others over the years. A real credit to the NJ that he loved and then the FL he adopted...
- foyle said Jim Bohannon played a clip on his show as a tribute to Bruce after his death.It was that exact tale (of how he got his start in radio). I enjoyed hearing Bruce’ voice once again. I can remember...
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: May 2013
This is more directed at radio stations than it is at visitors, but be alert this is going on. Stations that use graphics ads from AdSense are going to be targeted with highly misleading advertisements This happens to be for … Continue reading
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-05/29/c_132415083.htm Or at least they didn’t get it wrong. Every major news service has the main fact of the train derailment near Baltimore wrong. The train did not hit the truck – the truck drove into the side of the … Continue reading
http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/05/associated-press-will-not-attend-offtherecord-doj-165016.html You could not have a more blatant example that the Obama administration has no limits on what it will do to intimidate the press and their enemies. The DoJ cast a wide net subpoenaing telephone records and emails of … Continue reading
One or two people may have heard of him This morning he is talking about his sister – whose husband has built a 12,000 sq foot home – has encouraged Jim to think about retiring and coming to live in … Continue reading
The other shoe has dropped at Cumulus. It wasn’t unexpected. Cumulus is now doing to Country Music what it has done for News Talk. When Nash FM debuted in New York City, Cumulus was pretty clear New York City would … Continue reading
On the same day 100s of ESPN staff got layoff notices (maybe America doesn’t like sports after all?), it was announced that the guru of all things Crimson (University of Alabama reference) will be doing a TV radio simulcast. ESPN … Continue reading
Good timing for this
This isn’t particularly news, but I just found it – Mike Smerconish has left radio for the POTUS channel on Sirius/XM as was announced a few months ago. His replacement is the Dick Morris you’re thinking of – the toe … Continue reading