- Fred Stiening said This may be the end of progressive talk radio https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444232-bill-press-to-end-his-daily-radio-show (The WordPress database was clobbered again, so a few comments were lost)...
- Fred Stiening said Grumpy cat has died https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/media/grumpy-cat-dead.html
- Fred Stiening said I can’t wait for my free cheese!
- CC1s121LrBGT said ..but one less father. The father of KFI’s Tim Conway Jr. has passed away. Better known than the son, the son has a good local show: https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/tim-conway-jr/ “...
- Mark said Alma, with her 900 hats and 40 point victory margins, looks like a winner. You should be well represented.
- Fred Stiening said My taste in trains goes more to complex switching yards, train dispatching, interlockings, and more the business of freight rather than passenger trains. Google News told me about the Big Boy restor...
- Fred Stiening said I MAY have completed my move to Pineville NC. You MAY have heard there was a special election in the 9th Congressional district of NC. Because Republicans have no party discipline, something like 8 pe...
- Mark said I know you have a passion for trains. Recently I rode on the California Zephyr from Osceola, IA to Denver, CO with my 9-year old son. On our return home to Minnesota, I saw that the Curbside Classic w...
- Fred Stiening said When I was living in Flint Township, the voters of Flint decided to vote for Mayor based on skin color, not ability. Even to my somewhat naive street smarts, it was obvious prostitution and drug dea...
- Fred Stiening said I had Disqus on here for a few weeks. It was interesting to see how it works. I was a little concerned because the way icons were handled could in theory confirm the email address of the commenter...
- JayMar said Look at Disqus Conservatively Speaking. Everyone cuts and paste articles from other sources and everyone participates in the discussion. It’s quite entertaining, informative, and it allows for y...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Diversity is an oxymoron: https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-wjz-bubala-babj-20190506-story.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats have not changed their playbook in 100 years. from 1915 to 1960, they flooded the northern cities with poor people, mostly blacks, from the south by offering very generous welfare benefi...
- TheChairman said The problem with Flint is embodied in a single snippet from the DC article: “In November 2017, Mays was sentenced to a week of community service for pawning his city-issued laptop nine times. As...
- TheJerseyDevil said I might, but I like the monthly “general” blog post as a way to post links to stories because it can encourage discussion and commentary on the articles. But the “In the Radio News...
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Joan Lundon is the spokesman for an entity called “A Place for Mom”, which is aired to sound like a PSA, but A Place for Mom is actually a for profit corporation funded by private equity that earns referral fees … Continue reading
I’m going to be involved with some personal issues this week – that means the server will be in lockdown mode, with most of the things that are interesting turned off. The blog will still be here if you already … Continue reading
I was talking to a coworker yesterday who filled me in on something I had no awareness of. Here is what this is about from a thread on a trucking website: “Lumpers are essentially free labor for the warehouses as … Continue reading
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76495840/ The heat got to a few dozen fans, and one yahoo didn’t know you can’t carry a loaded gun in chicago. No riots, no looting, no overturned police cars, no random gun fire. I wonder why? http://espn.go.com/chicago/photos/gallery/_/id/9433915/image/1/chicago-blackhawks-chicago-blackhawks-celebration-parade
Here is a new buzzword, at least to me. Is it because of Obamacare? Immigration Reform? Globalism? There have been hints something was changing at mid year. Have a look at this piece of stuff http://www.fieldglass.com/ This from the Human … Continue reading
No, this isn’t about Sweet Jack and layoffs at Cumulus at the former ABC stations happening this week A few days ago, I was listening to the horrid drivel called Fox Radio News at the top of the hour, and … Continue reading
Wow, is this subversive – we need Congress to protect us from this! Take a $5 USB drive and embed it in a non obvious location. USB drives require no power – once embedded, people can discretely exchange “stuff” without … Continue reading
Back in the 1960s, the kidz of the age range of my elder siblings, probably aided by people in radio [turns out it was Gary Owens of Laughin fame], decided to stick it to “the system” by making the songs … Continue reading
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-witness-cantt-read-letter-wrote-shooting/story?id=19504826 So this is what the prosecutor is counting on? Trayvon’s girlfriend “wrote” a letter to Trayvon’s mother attempting to document “facts”, but when handed “her” letter, she couldn’t read it – because someone else wrote it for her. Cursive … Continue reading
The bill passed by a wide margin (68-32) – yet another 1000+ page bill that nobody has read. Every Democrat voted to undercut their labor union and African American supporters by undercutting the wages of existing US citizen workers. Of … Continue reading