- Parrott said huh, WRVA is ‘entercom’. I didn’t know that. When they played music in the 70’s and 80’s there were WRVA bumper stickers on cars all over Virginia. Now someone i...
- Parrott said Probably not Fred. Bummer. I remember when they tore down WJJJ studio and transmitter in Christiansburg, VA. back in 1995. Sucked. I remember touring the station when I was a kid in 1974 with my...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting. At a quick glance, KMOX and WPHT (ex-WCAU) have been OO CBS as far back as my childhood. WPHT is interesting as it has dropped Rush before. Many suburban stations with Rush cover Philade...
- Fred Stiening said A nuance to that announcement. Most of the heritage CBS AM stations do not carry Rush. When Mel Karmizen was still running Infinity Broadcasting, his stations carried Rush, which continued after the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per today’s announcement, the 900 pound gorilla will be in the room with “a long-term contract extension” on 15 Entercom talk stations across the country. (per https://radioink.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crazy. I just verified that myself the other day. I was looking for any non Cumulus station that plays Plante live. All the Cumulus stations had the “Newts Whirled” pre-roll and it was not...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I just found this list of “Paranormal Radio” and you may enjoy some of the shows listed. https://paranormal.talkstreamlive.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Three cheers for C.C. ! A man ahead of his time- he knew car & roof went together long before Sen Mitt Romney! 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said ZeroHedge is now banned in New Zealand… at least on the Vodaphone ISP. https://twitter.com/kylenz99/status/1107080253573226496/photo/1
- haiti222 said I also was a big time listener to Bruce Williams. I use the things he taught a lot, and have given his advice to others over the years. A real credit to the NJ that he loved and then the FL he adopted...
- foyle said Jim Bohannon played a clip on his show as a tribute to Bruce after his death.It was that exact tale (of how he got his start in radio). I enjoyed hearing Bruce’ voice once again. I can remember...
- Mark said Fred: Your Bruce Williams dialogue is dead-on. He touted success through hard work and learning. Just pursuing your dream without knowledge and a plan was likely to end in failure. I always loved his...
- CC1s121LrBGT said oops- https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-12/facebook-reverses-zero-hedge-ban-says-it-made-mistake
- Fred Stiening said Alphabet is upping its game against the alt-right https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/03/12/alphabet-chrome-extension-toxic-comments/
- Parrott said Thanks CC, I will try her out. I think Lynchburg VA, WIQO /WNMA has Clark Howard on this morning. What the crap is that? Where is Chris Plante ? best parrott
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: June 2013
Joan Lundon is the spokesman for an entity called “A Place for Mom”, which is aired to sound like a PSA, but A Place for Mom is actually a for profit corporation funded by private equity that earns referral fees … Continue reading
I’m going to be involved with some personal issues this week – that means the server will be in lockdown mode, with most of the things that are interesting turned off. The blog will still be here if you already … Continue reading
I was talking to a coworker yesterday who filled me in on something I had no awareness of. Here is what this is about from a thread on a trucking website: “Lumpers are essentially free labor for the warehouses as … Continue reading
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76495840/ The heat got to a few dozen fans, and one yahoo didn’t know you can’t carry a loaded gun in chicago. No riots, no looting, no overturned police cars, no random gun fire. I wonder why? http://espn.go.com/chicago/photos/gallery/_/id/9433915/image/1/chicago-blackhawks-chicago-blackhawks-celebration-parade
Here is a new buzzword, at least to me. Is it because of Obamacare? Immigration Reform? Globalism? There have been hints something was changing at mid year. Have a look at this piece of stuff http://www.fieldglass.com/ This from the Human … Continue reading
No, this isn’t about Sweet Jack and layoffs at Cumulus at the former ABC stations happening this week A few days ago, I was listening to the horrid drivel called Fox Radio News at the top of the hour, and … Continue reading
Wow, is this subversive – we need Congress to protect us from this! Take a $5 USB drive and embed it in a non obvious location. USB drives require no power – once embedded, people can discretely exchange “stuff” without … Continue reading
Back in the 1960s, the kidz of the age range of my elder siblings, probably aided by people in radio [turns out it was Gary Owens of Laughin fame], decided to stick it to “the system” by making the songs … Continue reading
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-witness-cantt-read-letter-wrote-shooting/story?id=19504826 So this is what the prosecutor is counting on? Trayvon’s girlfriend “wrote” a letter to Trayvon’s mother attempting to document “facts”, but when handed “her” letter, she couldn’t read it – because someone else wrote it for her. Cursive … Continue reading
The bill passed by a wide margin (68-32) – yet another 1000+ page bill that nobody has read. Every Democrat voted to undercut their labor union and African American supporters by undercutting the wages of existing US citizen workers. Of … Continue reading