- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
- Vicarious Hurricane Watch
- Who is Qi Lu and why should you care?
- SEPTA, the month of brotherly love
- Fun with snowflakes
- Say Something or Don’t Tell?
- Alex Jones banned from iTunes and Facebook
- Politico stoking race war within House leadership
- Augustus, the strong Caesar
- Today’s overflowing news bag (per Tom Taylor)
- You can feel secure now
- It’s Official – 2020 RNC convention coming to Charlotte
- Changes in Philly
- Big improvement at FCC Website
- More train action than you can shake a stick at
- The future of grocery retailing?
- Visiting Our Heritage
- The Conservative Mom
- Ray Lucia wins at Supreme Court
- Puerto Rico update
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Is President Trump out to dismantle the NWO?
- Unmasking AT&T
- Domestic Content protection in a global community
- California to vote on three way split
- CEO of K-Love / Air1 to retire
- New face at the FCC
- JUNE is busting out all over
- Taking Cookies from Strangers
- GDPR Notice
- Slogging in the swamp
- Bet the Farm
- Login issues
- iHeart’s future
- Fred Stiening said How long until the NY Times does a story on the significance of the special election in Texas yesterday to replace a Democrat Texas State Senator? https://amp.ksat.com/news/election-results/district-1...
- Fred Stiening said A recent WordPress update (the software behind the blog) appears to have removed this sticky post, which why it was not at the top. Hopefully that will stay fixed.
- CC1s121LrBGT said The relay is back. Wilmington Tower apparently has internet access again. Appears to be live. Still night.
- Fred Stiening said More to the specific point, the breaking news information would not be indexed in real time by Google – so nobody would see it, even if the information was potentially useful. That is a spin o...
- Fred Stiening said The latest deaths (in South Carolina) were two female mental health patients being detained inside a van who drowned. They were being moved inland for their safety.
- foyle said We are hanging in there. Survived many hurricanes but first time we have been flooded. 3+ feet of water got in. We have removed 4 feet of drywall, plus all floor coverings, tossed furniture & app...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The links were interesting and probably useful to the general public… probably less so for me since I have a feel for what stations exists across the country. While it is outside the scope or &...
- briand75 said Okay – it’s pretty quiet here. First priority – is everyone in the affected area okay? There is a chance that some folks are flooded out, so I will keep an eye out. If anyone needs a...
- Fred Stiening said There used to be an ability to put a breaking event on the top of the directory pages giving links to radio stations with live coverage, but I must have commented out the code. I don’t think I...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Just now… trying to stream the Chris Plante Show from WAAV 980 Wilmington, NC to also catch the local news and the stream is off line. It is my first visit to the stream since the storm. I suspe...
- Fred Stiening said 79 customers in Mecklenburg County are without power.
- Parrott said Hope Foyle is ok. I hate flooding. My Grandparents were always getting flooded in West Virginia. Clean up sucked, mud on everything. Might as well throw away furniture. Finally they moved out of t...
- Fred Stiening said People without power in NC down to 221,000. That is a lttle misleading as a number of small towns run their own power systens, buying power at wholesale rates, and doing their own billing and maint...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Hang in there, Foyle. Our thoughts are with you!
- foyle said Glad it has been minimal there. Some of us have not been so fortunate and now find ourselves homeless due to flooding.
- Fred Stiening said The flag took on the name Kevin in the YouTube chat and has achieved the status of an official meme. KevinTheFlag.com is selling limited edition T-Shirts (limited to how many people order)
- Fred Stiening said About 3% of Mecklenburg County is without power. Power was off here for maybe 10 seconds. No major roads blocked. Statewide about 390,000 without power, about 10% of Duke Energy’s customers,...
- Fred Stiening said The NWS is standing by its prediction that the storm will stall along the coast for a day, move South, then cross South Carolina It came ashore as a Category one with the totally expected coastal floo...
- Fred Stiening said It was getting its internet access relayed from the Wilmington Tower, and the feed went down
- CC1s121LrBGT said Snorting wasp spray is the new bee’s knees! 😉
- Parrott said Exactly ! and then you have ‘Boltneck’ Herman munster-Kerry out there meeting with the Iranians, behind everyones back. telling them to wait till the ‘Dipshit-Democrats’ are...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Dumping treasuries is meaningless. That is basically what happened systemically in 2008 and the Fed printed money and bought them as people sold and/or refused to buy the new issues. People are not c...
- Fred Stiening said The best reason China would not do that is the same reason threatening to dump Treasuries is a hollow threat. If you succeed in burning down every building in America, you lost your customer base.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Possible. Also, cause self-driving cars to crash, or batteries in laptops, cell phones, and cars to overheat and catch fire. I can see a terrorist doing this or a nation-state that naively thinks they...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Good find, Fred. This should get interesting during the day, and there is no one from the weather channel standing in front of it blocking the view and yelling to ruin it.
- Fred Stiening said Eyewall has collapsed, winds way down Washington Post will not be giving Donald Trump credit
- Fred Stiening said Google, the day after https://www.infowars.com/shocking-leaked-video-google-leaders-dismayed-by-trump-win-at-conference/
- Parrott said Awesome ! I have always liked rice crispy’s . My Mom used to make those marshmallow treats for us back in the day. Yeah now its supposed to go south along the coast. The conspiracy groups a...
- Fred Stiening said As an occasional reader of Tom Clancy, I had formulated a WW3 strategy that isn’t on anybody’s radar. My original theory involved VCRs, but internet connected TVs or IoT devices are more...
- Fred Stiening said Well, what a difference 8 hours can make The models were starting to all diverge, some suggesting it might even go down the coast to Florida. The official cone has it heading South and ripping throu...
- Fred Stiening said So things suddenly turned ugly. The new track has the center going through South Carolina putting Charlotte on the strong side of the storm. While the landfall has not changed, the “what happ...
- CC1s121LrBGT said A danger is the entities owned by the Chicoms buying into nascent Silicon Valley firms that are extending key strategic technology – so that the Chinese communists get an edge over the US milita...
- Fred Stiening said The official NWS cone has the storm stalling around Fayetteville and not getting here until Sunday and then it won’t be much more than strong breezes. I see little chance of it getting to Norf...
- Parrott said Governor Ralph Northam -ham-ham-ham says were in state of emergency. Freaking out at the local china mart, bread and milk sales are ‘Brisk’ according to local news babe ‘Jessica Rab...
- Parrott said super mega awesome, Chairman ! 15MBPS isn’t so bad. Way better than 3.0 MBPS dsl ! Cool place. That is a great area, you already know the obvious. I entered a contest once to win a trip...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Wrong-on-every-issue, MSNBC commentator Bill Kristol has managed to have his organization become “the” conservative fact checker for Facebook: https://amp.theguardian.com/technology/201...
- Fred Stiening said SpaceX launch of Telstar 18 was delayed for an hour, but was flawless. Stage 1 nailed the landing and the satellite is in Geostationary Insertion Orbit ready to make the flight to its final location
- CC1s121LrBGT said NJ has a situation in most towns where you can not take out a large tree – even if it is in dangering power lines – without a permit… and of course, you’d have to pay someone t...
- TheChairman said It’s the opposite in northern MI, power companies come in and trim (butcher IMO) any trees which are within 10 feet of their lines… in one case, we just told them to take out the entire tr...
- Fred Stiening said I promise not to say hunkering down. About a month ago, our condo property management company cut down many of the trees “too close” to the buildings. It was for foundation reasons –...
- TheChairman said Will be watching and listening via fake news outlets and sensationalist weather reporters for the next week (until I’m back online)… batten down the hatches! Over & out.
- Fred Stiening said Apple has now removed the app from the aptly named apple appstore. Apple has the ability to remotely remove apps already on your phone / tablet
- Fred Stiening said So Hurricane Florence is pointing right at Charlotte for arrival around Friday. Hurricanes usually turn and go up the coast. People who lived here then remember Hurricane Hugo hitting Charlotte hea...
- TheChairman said You bet it does! CC & Parrott, you may want to hold off until Fall. 😉 The sellers are in their 70’s and didn’t do much to clear out the ‘habitat’ and trees over the pas...
- Fred Stiening said Does it come complete with midge bugs?
- Fred Stiening said If her original stunt was planned as an eventual YouTube career, it did not convince me. Neither do the “I look smart because I wear glasses” pitch. I guess that was her disguise.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Absolutely Awesome, TheChairman! Makes me want to kick back and pop open a Vernors. 😉 When’s the housewarming? I’ll bring the cheese steaks. Parrott, could you bring the Chesapeake Bay...
- TheChairman said … and the shore below (we already spotted our first freighter tonight, all lit up):
- TheChairman said Today was ‘zero-day’ for us. After a long grueling summer, countless hours searching Zillow, and numerous property showings, we finally closed on a house. “Thank you sir, may I have...
- CC1s121LrBGT said And perhaps even paid to perform on camera. Recall the Democrat Presidential debates where questions were handed to audience members prior to the debate, if they didn’t like the question they l...
Monthly Archives: September 2013
The US Senate has voted to strip the “Defund Obamacare” language from the government funding bill as promised. The ball is back in the House’s court. The Obmacare Health Exchange sent me another email today letting me know the exchange … Continue reading
The vision of government that our Founding Fathers gave us has failed. The US Government is operating withour a budget now for four years, the Federal Reserve is printing a trillion dollars in debt a year to gut the Wealth … Continue reading
Commuter rail operated by Metro North brings around 125,000 people a day from Connecticut to Manhattan, letting people off at 125th street in Harlem and Grand Central Station at 42nd street and Park Ave. Because the line goes into a … Continue reading
Black people just can’t be expected to follow rules. Present the case of WHGH-AM, located in Thomasville Georgia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHGH The station is owned by a local black politician named Moses L. Gross – he is the vice chair of the … Continue reading
Kaiser explanation Assuming Republicans fail and Obamacare goes into effect, people will have to start dealing with the reality of how it works. A large swath of working people will be eligible for a substantial portion of their premium being … Continue reading
Español Join us for FREE programs and Services at the Be Covered Illinois Care Fair! Sunday, October 6, 2013 • 11AM — 5PM Chicago Indoor Sports 3900 S. Ashland Ave Chicago, IL 60609 FREE ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE: • Flu shots* … Continue reading
Michael “Savage” Weiner has made the official announcement. Starting in January 2014, Cumulus Media will be moving his show to 3 PM Eastern Time. While this means that Savage will move to 3 PM on the stations owned by Cumulus … Continue reading
This was a factoid from a few days ago – 77% of Internet streaming is now going through cell phones. Tablets are another 15% or so. PC streaming is now in the single digits. Listening at work using the company … Continue reading
Former Republican House Majority leader Tom Delay has been cleared of charges that he violated campaign finance laws http://washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/09/19/tom-delay-conviction-overturned-by-texas-court/
http://www.wbtv.com/story/23525968/sc-ranks-1st-in-nation-for-women-killed-by-man-study-shows South Carolina has the national title of the number of women killed per capita by men. This factoid is brought to you by the domestic violence industry, which tries very hard to portray “Domestic Violence” as a one sided … Continue reading