- Fred Stiening said Haven’t paid your FCC fees since 2005? Just invoke the “minority” defense http://www.insideradio.com/free/fcc-gives-two-am-owners-a-second-chance-to-renew/article_73ad8610-8b4f-11e9...
- Fred Stiening said According to a Russian radio station in New York City, there are between 6.5 and 7 million Russians living in the United States. That’s a lot of votes for Donald Trump!
- Fred Stiening said This might be a sign of the End Times – New York Times doing a positive story about Michael Savage https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/us/politics/michael-savage-trump.html As they say in the M...
- Mark said Naptha Tanker just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Triple Crown! 😉
- Fred Stiening said All you need to know about the Nationwide electricity blackout in Argentina – “Energy Secretariat”
- CC1s121LrBGT said Coming to a town near you: respected financial new source https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-baltimore-secret-surveillance/ local rag response https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/baltimore-cit...
- Fred Stiening said Wow, way to take a knee, ESPN I started going through the list of sports radio stations, and ESPN affiliates are dropping like flies. Now I understand the pressure from above for the ESPN sports hosts...
- Fred Stiening said Back in the day, the motivation was you had a whole bunch of patronage workers who earned very generous pensions – but increasingly systems like E-ZPass are getting rid of the bulk of those kind...
- Fred Stiening said I just revisited every conservative talk radio station, and along the way it became apparent just how pervasive the “saving AM radio” FM translators have become. My guesstimate is 85% of...
- Fred Stiening said I finally have been in contact with somebody from the HD radio service, and they hope to offer me a list of the HD channels that I can incorporate into the database in the website. Radio Disney quietl...
- Fred Stiening said Someone is chicken https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/church-s-chicken-reportedly-exploring-sale
- CC1s121LrBGT said Why do Dems want to build only toll roads? The answer is the same, they want your money so they can spend it rather than you. What will they spend it on? Buying votes. BTW- The Dem’s didnR...
- CC1s121LrBGT said The first article says, “ESPN is closing it this fall, instead emphasizing podcasts and TV content from ESPN Deportes.” I think that is the bigger story. Moving to stream on demand, no nee...
- briand75 said I am mystified as to why Dems keep attacking the heart of American success. The same moment Bernie says “free healthcare for all” the details on the page say “raise taxes on the rich...
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: February 2014
A primer on the Crimean war and the various histories of the powers in Europe. http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/victorians/crimea_01.shtml What’s changed, of course is that Europe is now one monolithic Union with a common set of political, financial and military goals and vision … Continue reading
Charlotte NC has become a major hub for US Air / American. What affects airlines will spill over to the city quickly. The other day, I was shopping at the Walmart Supercenter near Douglas Airport, and it was like I … Continue reading
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/02/27/british-spies-confronted-by-surprising-amount-of-porn-as-they-secretly-monitored-webchats/ So how long before it becomes government doctrine that there is no expectation of privacy when two people get naked over an internet connection? The fact that the agency calls webcam images “porn” suggests they don’t understand the concept … Continue reading
Jim Lange, best known for the Dating Game TV show back when men and women dated each other has died at age 81. Part of his career had been working in radio. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/27/jim-lange-dating-game-host-dies-at-81/
So just how messed up is our culture? While listening to my newest favorite oldies station in Cairo WV, they played Mr Sandman, a song recorded in the 1950s by The Chordettes. Near the end of song, where the females … Continue reading
The invasion has begun. The FCC approved around 1000 new 100 watt Low Power FM (LPFM) radio stations and is pushing the paperwork through to get them in the air, much to the dismay if the NAB which believes they … Continue reading
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2014/02/pussy-riot-assailant-held-accountable-2014222232628880627.html Someone from the Onion went to work for Al Jazeera, right?
It troubles me greatly when the distance between theories of Alex Jones and the facts begin to narrow. His basic premise is that the US Government was involved with bin Laden and aware of the 9/11 attack ahead of time … Continue reading
Lask week, Hannity dropped to #9 here, falling behind Bob & Tom. Savage is roughly tied with Beck for #2. While Beck and Hannity are on the same radio team, they remain competitors on cable/video. It could be interesting.