Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- Getting Caught Up
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Clear Channel, the final chapter
- June knows heat
- Et tu, Julyus?
- Do you see problems?
- Website Status
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- SEPTA, the month of brotherly love
- Send in the Clouds
- Resumption of service
- Coloring the News
- To Infinity and Beyond
- Stale FCC data
- fhiggins said This is exactly why I come to this blog. Appreciate the analysis.
- Fred Stiening said The listen to a random station button on the main page actually works now. https://streamingradioguide.com/listenrand.php Initially, it just chooses one out of around 12,000 stations. You can limit it to a category like “country music” a...
- Fred Stiening said Randi Rhodes has resurfaced after “leaving corporate America for 10 years”. The handful of stations clinging to progressive talk don’t have enough programming to fill a schedule, so they backfill with Coast to Coast, Clark Howard,...
- Fred Stiening said Alex Jones is passing along the claim that the vidoes from Hunter Biden’s hard drive show him having sex with underage Chinese girls. Is it illegal to go to another country to engage in sexual acts that would be illegal in the United States? Y...
- Parrott said Well Carp ! those were the days, going to my favorite knife and gun club, listening to the Cigar Dave show live on WFNR on Saturday afternoons. Cigar dave no longer syndicated, the 1998 Jeep needs a radiator and is parked in the back yard. Sell...
- Fred Stiening said A caller to the Money Pit let the cat out of the bag. Many shows in radio syndication are not live – they are fake live. Click and Clack was the best show at hiding this. The phone number mentioned on the phone connects you to voicemail wher...
- Fred Stiening said Alpha Male Cigar Dave is gone. His syndicated show ended abruptly in June. He is still available on a free podcast on his website
- Fred Stiening said Maybe I should’ve been a reporter in another life. A key question that nobody appears to be asking about the hunter Biden story… One of the pictures from the MacBook shows Hunter Biden asleep with a crack pipe hanging out of his mouth. Who took...
- Fred Stiening said On a positive note, I learned today that the Golden Corral Buffet in Greensboro has reopened and offering both pickup and delivery and dining room. Of the ways I consume food, Golden Buffet is by far the healthiest. I used Grubhub for delivery an...
- Fred Stiening said I am "shocked" that an India born feminist who got her law degree from New York University would not understand the idea of freedom https://www.law.nyu.edu/centers/birnbaum-womens-leadership-network/podcasts/gadde
- Fred Stiening said Twitter is grateful for the feedback it has received and significantly changed its policy. https://mobile.twitter.com/vijaya Even journalists who want Joe Biden to win would object to a legitimate journalist and the White House Press Secretary being...
- Fred Stiening said In the dog eat dog world of Truth, Twitter is suspending anyone who links to the NY Post story, not even referring to the allegedly “hacked” data. If you give someone the password to your device and they look at your device, that is not “hacking” h...
Monthly Archives: February 2014
A primer on the Crimean war and the various histories of the powers in Europe. http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/victorians/crimea_01.shtml What’s changed, of course is that Europe is now one monolithic Union with a common set of political, financial and military goals and vision … Continue reading
Charlotte NC has become a major hub for US Air / American. What affects airlines will spill over to the city quickly. The other day, I was shopping at the Walmart Supercenter near Douglas Airport, and it was like I … Continue reading
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/02/27/british-spies-confronted-by-surprising-amount-of-porn-as-they-secretly-monitored-webchats/ So how long before it becomes government doctrine that there is no expectation of privacy when two people get naked over an internet connection? The fact that the agency calls webcam images “porn” suggests they don’t understand the concept … Continue reading
Jim Lange, best known for the Dating Game TV show back when men and women dated each other has died at age 81. Part of his career had been working in radio. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/02/27/jim-lange-dating-game-host-dies-at-81/
So just how messed up is our culture? While listening to my newest favorite oldies station in Cairo WV, they played Mr Sandman, a song recorded in the 1950s by The Chordettes. Near the end of song, where the females … Continue reading
The invasion has begun. The FCC approved around 1000 new 100 watt Low Power FM (LPFM) radio stations and is pushing the paperwork through to get them in the air, much to the dismay if the NAB which believes they … Continue reading
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2014/02/pussy-riot-assailant-held-accountable-2014222232628880627.html Someone from the Onion went to work for Al Jazeera, right?
It troubles me greatly when the distance between theories of Alex Jones and the facts begin to narrow. His basic premise is that the US Government was involved with bin Laden and aware of the 9/11 attack ahead of time … Continue reading
Lask week, Hannity dropped to #9 here, falling behind Bob & Tom. Savage is roughly tied with Beck for #2. While Beck and Hannity are on the same radio team, they remain competitors on cable/video. It could be interesting.