- CC1s121LrBGT said “WESTWOOD ONE’s MICHAEL SAVAGE will celebrate his 25th anniversary in Talk radio on SUNDAY (3/24). A special episode of SAVAGE’s show will air on MONDAY (3/25) to mark the occasion,...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not to my knowledge. I haven’t listened to either one for more than about 15 minutes total since WINS was a Westinghouse O&O station – so it has been decades. It has been at least that...
- Fred Stiening said Was CBS radio using CBS TV News as a source for the radio news?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Over the years, there has been some discussion at SRG regarding CBS running two separate all-news stations in the NYC metro area. My summary was that WINS was more “headline news” with fe...
- Parrott said huh, WRVA is ‘entercom’. I didn’t know that. When they played music in the 70’s and 80’s there were WRVA bumper stickers on cars all over Virginia. Now someone i...
- Parrott said Probably not Fred. Bummer. I remember when they tore down WJJJ studio and transmitter in Christiansburg, VA. back in 1995. Sucked. I remember touring the station when I was a kid in 1974 with my...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting. At a quick glance, KMOX and WPHT (ex-WCAU) have been OO CBS as far back as my childhood. WPHT is interesting as it has dropped Rush before. Many suburban stations with Rush cover Philade...
- Fred Stiening said A nuance to that announcement. Most of the heritage CBS AM stations do not carry Rush. When Mel Karmizen was still running Infinity Broadcasting, his stations carried Rush, which continued after the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per today’s announcement, the 900 pound gorilla will be in the room with “a long-term contract extension” on 15 Entercom talk stations across the country. (per https://radioink.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crazy. I just verified that myself the other day. I was looking for any non Cumulus station that plays Plante live. All the Cumulus stations had the “Newts Whirled” pre-roll and it was not...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I just found this list of “Paranormal Radio” and you may enjoy some of the shows listed. https://paranormal.talkstreamlive.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Three cheers for C.C. ! A man ahead of his time- he knew car & roof went together long before Sen Mitt Romney! 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said ZeroHedge is now banned in New Zealand… at least on the Vodaphone ISP. https://twitter.com/kylenz99/status/1107080253573226496/photo/1
- haiti222 said I also was a big time listener to Bruce Williams. I use the things he taught a lot, and have given his advice to others over the years. A real credit to the NJ that he loved and then the FL he adopted...
- foyle said Jim Bohannon played a clip on his show as a tribute to Bruce after his death.It was that exact tale (of how he got his start in radio). I enjoyed hearing Bruce’ voice once again. I can remember...
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: June 2014
Most of you know that I abandoned trying to maintain player links a few months ago, due to the end of Windows XP support, the shift toward mobile listening with dedicated apps and the general notion of getting away from … Continue reading
Wikipedia Definition While the Wikipedia definition is skewed towards the bias of the person who wrote it, it has the basic facts correct. Adult standards is a music format primarily heard on a.m. radio, targeted at the self-proclaimed “Greatest Generation”. … Continue reading
Entercom is trying an experiment in Seattle Press Release KNDD-FM (The End) plays “alternative” music and will now limit commercial breaks to two minutes, three times an hour http://www.1077theend.com/ The station has about a 3% share -they own 4 stations … Continue reading
In 2009, Micheal “Savage” Weiner erupted at a caller who made the mistake of saying to Savage “You’re a great American!” The greeting is used by callers to Sean Hannity (the Wall Banger), and is the signature slogan of WLW-AM’s … Continue reading
I know how much WesternMA enjoys Howie, but I don’t see this having a snowball’s chance in Arizona to turn out well. Announcement Howie is a newspaper guy and has a huge following in the Boston area. The problem is … Continue reading
Supreme Court says 6-3 that the scheme to rent tiny antennas is a copyright violation. There is a shocker. http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2014/06/25/supreme-court-essentially-kills-aereo-broadcasters-breath-a-sigh-of-relief/
The “what’s on now” and stats look broken. “Unknown” is suddenly very popular.
Townsquare Media is owned by Private equity firm Oaktree Capital. After Clear Channel went public, many of the small market stations were sold off because they were not economically viable. Over the years, Townsquare bought up a lot of other … Continue reading
The National Association of Broadcaaters (NAB) predates the FCC created in 1936. At the time, the only “communications” that “needed” regulation were AM radio and radio telegraphs. The ITU needed to standardize spectrum usage worldwide and the FCC was to … Continue reading