- Fred Stiening said Kim Komando gives advice on how to use digital assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google Home) to listen to radio https://www.komando.com/tips/560001/get-radio-broadcasts-on-alexa-siri-and-google-home
- Fred Stiening said Tupelo MS based American Family Radio seems to have dropped their religious music programming, replacing it with a “hybrid” lineup of mostly prerecorded teaching. AFR was founded by legen...
- Fred Stiening said Partly because of spending more time here and partly with help from the FCC and indirectly from ootunes, there are about 400 more streaming stations in the directory in the last week, bringing the tot...
- Fred Stiening said Howard Stern is retiring when his contract ends. Baba Booey!
- CC1s121LrBGT said I know antennas very well. If you have no interference on that frequency and no powerful very local AM stations, you may wish to run a very long wire from where you normally have the radio toward the...
- Parrott said God, culmulus made mess of these radio stations. Screwing up their formats, firing local hosts left and right. They did this everywhere they went. Anyway we can blame the ‘clintons’...
- Parrott said Ditto , CC, I like to search by call letters also. Its a little harder here now, but still can be done. I do click through the links from time to time. Maybe we’re saving AM radio ?...
- Fred Stiening said Cumulus just dumped KLOS-FM in Los Angeles, another of the Crown Jewels from ABC Radio. The buyer is probably switching to Spanish language programming. KLOS-FM was originally KABC-FM. Citadel Broa...
- Fred Stiening said I had a woman write me once (probably 10 years ago) who was frantically trying to find out what happened to her ad spend. I gently told her the station was reported to the FCC as being shut down and...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Here, here! (as they say in the UK Parliament). I agree with that 100%, JayMar. Fred had long been publishing statistics that imply how useful or not useful the site is, and I was never in any of the...
- TheJerseyDevil said Speaking of revenue, here’s a stunning case of alleged radio billing fraud: https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/185663/cbc-report-radio-station-sold-ads-while-not-on-the
- JayMar said Actually old foggies like me will never use Alexa. I think your format is wonderful. I, a political junkie, enjoy coming here for the blog and comments. A few years ago I bought an internet radio and...
- Parrott said cool, glad you like the WEEB. They have ‘custom made commercials for local businesses. WEBY does that, and WAAM in Ann Arbor. Interesting part, last week, on WAAM, they had a commercial...
- TheChairman said The first comment (by ‘Wine Correspondent’) on that article sums it up perfectly. i.e. Billboard is merely counting the number of ‘listens’, not sales or subscribers. It̵...
- Fred Stiening said A little more background on how people manipulate Billboard https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-most-songs-billboard-hot-100/
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: July 2014
After a little trimming around the edges, I’ve very satisfied with the change I just made to suppress the redundant listings. Instead of giving you a big long list, you see the “best” ones in my experienced opinion, starting from … Continue reading
If you have signed up as a volunteer, on the “What’s on now page”, you should now see a link like this one: Clicking on that link will bring you to the complete list of stations presented in the way … Continue reading
This is long overdue. The Democrats have been pushing the FCC for a very long time to hand out radio station licenses to Indian Tribes and those have slowly been showing up. I’ve put them variously under “ethnic” (if they … Continue reading
I’ve decided to go forward with the big data purge mentioned by me a number of times over the years, although I’m still refining the rules. The basic concept is that most visitors realize after a while that when listening … Continue reading
Who is spreading the lie that Cumulus are tight wads? http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?id=2821093&spid=24698 The Youngstown Cluster just won the President’s Cup for doing a great job! The $10,000 prize will be split among all of the employees in Youngstown – from my … Continue reading
Can anyone figure out why Minnesota public radio would have a radio station in Sun Valley Idaho? http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/stations/kwrv/
I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while – it isn’t all that complex, but would require lots of changes to make it work. Currently (going back to almost the beginning 10 years ago), you can ignore a show … Continue reading
KFWB-AM is basically a CBS station but because of the TV/Radio cross ownership rules has to be held in an arm’s length trust. KFWB for the past couple years has been “almost all news” station. They started out being all … Continue reading
Until there is peace in the Middle East, don’t expect to be reading much politics on this blog. I’m actively not listening to “right wing” talk radio. If you’re interested in volunteering to help the web site, read on – … Continue reading