- Fred Stiening said Country music is more than just a sound… https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/cody-johnson-lays-down-the-truth-about-todays-country/
- Fred Stiening said Why do radio people still refer to themselves as DJ’s? that would be as silly as me driving a car and describing myself as a buggy-whip operator
- Fred Stiening said Another streaming provider has ended its operations. They presumably are blaming the Music Modernization Act from last fall. Former customers are being directed to live365 which is going to play the...
- Fred Stiening said So in the spirit of transparency, here is what people search for and wind up here. It is a point of confusion that people think I am a hard core Conservative because that’s the people who arriv...
- Fred Stiening said So now the Google has recognized the secure site is part of the domain, here is what things look like for those who are curious. It is nothing like the good old days, but still worth spending my time...
- Fred Stiening said So Google’s chrome will not disclose saved passwords to a device that is not protected with a PIN. So if you happen to become in possession of an Android device that does not have a PIN on the...
- Fred Stiening said Making things even uglier, an Amazon tablet is tightly bound to a specific email account. The chrome browser only lets you use the email address for your Amazon tablet to log into chrome for syncing,...
- Fred Stiening said I can never rule that out. I think you have been here long enough to remember when polldaddy banned me for an offensive answer to an Obama question. The result was I just spent a few hours and wrote...
- CC1s121LrBGT said On the other hand, could it be the conservative ideas?
- Fred Stiening said Why SRGuide is becoming Google invisible Google is the force that got most of the internet to switch to the secure https:// protocol. So I complied The problem is Google considers https://streamingra...
- Fred Stiening said The answer is 42
- CC1s121LrBGT said What does the county by county analysis say? 😉
- Fred Stiening said There seems to be a correlation between percentage of radio stations that stream, and the probability the state votes for Democrats for President https://streamingradioguide.com/radio-station-list-by-...
- CC1s121LrBGT said We can do that.. and the frosting will have custom inscriptions too. First, however, our great leader will need to check your legal will to determine what size serving you qualify for… and to he...
- JayMar said I would definitely consider joining your religion if you promise that upon death I will be fed French Vanilla ice cream and pound cake with chocolate frosting.
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: July 2014
After a little trimming around the edges, I’ve very satisfied with the change I just made to suppress the redundant listings. Instead of giving you a big long list, you see the “best” ones in my experienced opinion, starting from … Continue reading
If you have signed up as a volunteer, on the “What’s on now page”, you should now see a link like this one: Clicking on that link will bring you to the complete list of stations presented in the way … Continue reading
This is long overdue. The Democrats have been pushing the FCC for a very long time to hand out radio station licenses to Indian Tribes and those have slowly been showing up. I’ve put them variously under “ethnic” (if they … Continue reading
I’ve decided to go forward with the big data purge mentioned by me a number of times over the years, although I’m still refining the rules. The basic concept is that most visitors realize after a while that when listening … Continue reading
Who is spreading the lie that Cumulus are tight wads? http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?id=2821093&spid=24698 The Youngstown Cluster just won the President’s Cup for doing a great job! The $10,000 prize will be split among all of the employees in Youngstown – from my … Continue reading
Can anyone figure out why Minnesota public radio would have a radio station in Sun Valley Idaho? http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/stations/kwrv/
I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while – it isn’t all that complex, but would require lots of changes to make it work. Currently (going back to almost the beginning 10 years ago), you can ignore a show … Continue reading
KFWB-AM is basically a CBS station but because of the TV/Radio cross ownership rules has to be held in an arm’s length trust. KFWB for the past couple years has been “almost all news” station. They started out being all … Continue reading
Until there is peace in the Middle East, don’t expect to be reading much politics on this blog. I’m actively not listening to “right wing” talk radio. If you’re interested in volunteering to help the web site, read on – … Continue reading