- TheChairman said Perhaps the low price is a Walmart 'loss leader' to get people in the store. As with most (US) grocery chains, it is purposely located at the rear of the store. My wife drinks a lot of milk...
- Fred Stiening said How can my Walmart afford to sell regular milk at $0.58 a half gallon? Even at Aldi's, the price is $1.69 This week, Dean Foods declared bankruptcy. https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Expert-we...
- Fred Stiening said Jack Ryan Season Two is out for Amazon Prime customers I doubt Tom Clancy would be happy, but he is dead, so that is that. I remember reading that the filming was going to occur in Venezuela on locati...
- Fred Stiening said Second post
- Fred Stiening said First post!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Halloween over, Thanksgiving coming very soon. Don't say "Happy Turkey Day" to these folks, it may "trigger" them. They are already looking for a "safe space". 😉 ht...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What you say is true. I would argue that there is little demand for it in crowded markets as well- the world is moving to internet streaming. From a technical perspective, however, Digital Audio Broa...
- CC1s121LrBGT said What is the revenue and is it enough to pay for leasing transmitter, paying for the associated property taxes and electricity?
- Fred Stiening said DAB is an FM only technology. Much of medium wave AM has been turned off around the world. AM stations have already been offered FM translator licenses for free. This proposal is only of value in...
- Fred Stiening said Since there is no original programming on the non-profit owned stations and no studio to maintain and no office staff to pay, how is it possible to lose money?
- CC1s121LrBGT said Decades overdue… but still behind Europe where broadcasters broadcast a group of digital signals as a package – like cable TV or Sirius XM radio does. Much more efficient that way. This i...
- Fred Stiening said The FCC is seriously looking at allowing AM stations to go "all digital" which would allow FM quality sound on AM. Most new cars are compatible already with all digital AM, but that transist...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Clear ISIL! Trump must have heard the nonstop ads for it on Music Radio 77, WABC back in the 1960s!
- CC1s121LrBGT said Detroit? "Go to California, where the World is Your Toilet"
- CC1s121LrBGT said Impossible! That bacon is Impossible! Just a guess, but anything's possible. https://impossiblefoods.com/company/
- Fred Stiening said Hollywood producer Robert Evans has died. I can't think of another person less worthy of my attention. The moderated comments on Variety are just sickeningly sappy. https://variety.com/2019/fi...
- Fred Stiening said Nancy Pelosi apparently thinks she is the assistant Commander in Chief, and that President Trump must clear his decisions with her first. Wisely, Donald Trump did not tell Ms Pelosi that we were about...
- Fred Stiening said John Conyers has died. He was the congressman for the city of Detroit, and very much responsible for turning Detroit into the cesspool it became.
- Fred Stiening said How is it possible that a 4 pound boneless pork loin roast costs less than 1 pound of bacon?
- CC1s121LrBGT said I enjoy the chat here. Sometimes serious, sometimes kidding around. Fred has attracted an interesting group to his web site and I really enjoy it.
- briand75 said Fred – we moved to TN in Sept. Time for some needed peace and quiet. Have been working from home so I do have some time to chat 🙂
- briand75 said No problem CC – the folks here are all great and I would sacrifice for you, Fred and the rest!
- Fred Stiening said Is Tesla the mysterious potential buyer of GM's shuttered Lordstown Ohio assembly facility?
- Fred Stiening said It is easy to forget that our president once appeared on professional wrestling. He is a big fan of boxing, which is why he was friends with Don King. Trump is no Patsy, and certainly not a Richar...
- CC1s121LrBGT said All that and more. The worst is that she is undermining the Department of Justice and obstructing justice. Obstruction of Justice is a crime that DOJ prosecutes the non-political class.
- Fred Stiening said Well, well. Nancy Pelosi is in Jordon now undermining the State Department and the Commander in Chief. I sure hope she doesn't talk to any Russians or people who know a person who has once talk...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Nice pivot!
- Fred Stiening said If true, then he needs to testify in front of the relevant House Committee. If he ignores their subpoena, they can hold him in contempt posthumously.
- Fred Stiening said But many robots have six degrees of freedom
- CC1s121LrBGT said That would be you, briand75, I need you to start paying your fair share so that I get my free healthcare and free green power. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said And a robot prison for robots that don't pay their taxes. At least they will not have to pay back taxes since they have no backs…. to whom will the talk radio station adds sell their advic...
- TheChairman said Hmm, I seem to recall McCain being on that junket as well, but perhaps I'm confusing it with some other foreign 'meeting' into which he stuck his nose.
- Fred Stiening said Glad to see that you were still around. Maybe we should talk 😉 You know what they say about democracy as it pertains to wolves and sheep. With Medicare for all requiring huge taxes on employment, this...
- Fred Stiening said It seems like I'm the only person who remembers Nancy Pelosi going to Syria in 2007 and meeting with Bashir Assad, without coordinating with the Bush administration. I think we need a transcript o...
- briand75 said People seem to act a lot like sheep. Some catch phrase like "pay their fair share" and they all mob together and want to elect an evil person who will destroy this nation. Sad.
- CC1s121LrBGT said "In March 2014, after falling $1.8 million behind on rent in the Empire State Building, the station received an emergency loan to prevent the building’s holding company from seizing its assets....
- CC1s121LrBGT said I think WBAI is shutting down… abruptly, I think. https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/new-york-based-wbai-radio-abruptly-shuts-down/
- Fred Stiening said I may have told this story before, that I am an old man and that's what we do. Back in the findanISP.com days, I had a clever trick in the web site. I realized that if you had a link that had no...
- Fred Stiening said The Apple port of itunes to Windows was an absolute pig. The idea that you needed a desktop computer just to manage your iPad or iPhone was always a bad idea. I will not miss it. Not at all.
- Fred Stiening said WBAI-AM in New York City, former radio home of Al Lewis, has ceased local programming, faced with unpaid bills and unsustainable losses. The station will carry national Pacifica Programming while the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Nobody talks to iTunes anymore. https://www.apnews.com/1daa31be4070482ab2a8ddb251eddbf9
- CC1s121LrBGT said Not the first Domino to fall… or the last – this website issue can really mushroom. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/07/dominos-supreme-court.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said Yes, I do think that. 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said Many financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and pension funds are heavily invested in government debt. With interest rates negative in a growing number of countries and nearing negativ...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Agreed. Additionally, please do not construe my comment above as financial advice, legal advice, or medical advice.
- Fred Stiening said Rip Taylor has died
- Fred Stiening said Avoid following financial advice from web comments you see on the Internet. You are not the casino operator when selling covered calls.
- Fred Stiening said One of my three main college roommates got a job working as an auditor for the NCUA, roughly like the FDIC for credit unions. I don't tend to maintain relationships. He was older than me (he w...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Credit Unions are also a good option – almost all of them are small, have lower fees and avoid politics. The politics they do participate in is usually limited to opposing the big banks.
- CC1s121LrBGT said Consider selling covered calls – calls for stocks you own. That makes you the casino and as they say casino owners (except President Trump) always make money. 😉
- To Infinity and Beyond
- The end for Harold Camping
- Following in the Footsteps of National Socialism
- Stock Trades were meant to be free?
- Pumpkins and Beer
- While you were distracted
- Septa is not just about public transit
- How Stupid is Joe Walsh?
- Podcasting explains why Amtrak is so bad
- What makes music popular?
- Improved All FCC Licenses Query
- Julyin' to yourself
- Does Jesus love Salem?
- Improved Stations by Frequency
- Playing country women fairly
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: August 2014
Streaming Radio Guide’s roots go back to about 1999 when I started creating FindAnISP.com – much of the “guts” of the web site is still based on that code. When I decided in 2004 to split the gathering of streaming … Continue reading
Part of what I’ve been doing recently is to substantially strengthen the password protection on user accounts. Because I do not store your original password and cannot reverse engineer it, I had to reset all user passwords. What this means … Continue reading
Since you are either brave or foolish enough to have found the new server, I’m in need of someone who understands IPv6 and has native IPv6 connectivity. If you don’t understand what that means without asking Google, I’m not looking … Continue reading
I’m pondering if there is a way to create a voting system as motivation to get people to pull the wagon instead of me. You may be familiar with social sites that work based on group consensus of what is … Continue reading
Here is who has been doing Web Site Verification so far this month: +——–+—————-+ | vcount | username | +——–+—————-+ | 732 | editor | | 402 | CharlotteNC | | 8 | janderson021 | | 7 | WesternMA | … Continue reading
Monica Crowley is still syndicated by the just barely alive Talk Radio Network. Since TRN sued their own national rep firm and distributor Dial Global (now owned by Cumulus), it’s not shocking that Cumulus is shedding every single TRN program … Continue reading
http://www.allaccess.com/power-player/archive/19736/darren-davis Rush, Beck, and Hannity aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. That’s hard to argue with
This is probably only of interest to 2 or three people, and I’m one of the them because I have to be 🙂 There are important legal distinctions at the FCC regarding which radio stations belong to which “Market”. As … Continue reading
High School and college football seasons are about to gear up, and the NFL is right around the corner. For those people who think Soccer is the American sport, there is a pretty definite pattern to when football games are … Continue reading