Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Clark Howard gives 30 day notice
- Getting Caught Up
- Caving to the digital overlords
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- The '80s until now
- GDPR Notice
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Alexa Bombing
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- Savage #2, Hannity #7
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- "Christian" "Science" Monitor freaks out over Glenn Beck's NRA speech
- Fun with snowflakes
- US Chamber of Commerce explains Common Core Math
- RebelSansClue said Happy New Year! Is the Savage podcast any good?
- Fred Stiening said The podcast has arrived. It is free, at least for now.
- RebelSansClue said I don’t even want to think about that. The day when Rush does his last show (if he hasn’t already) is getting ever nearer. I still think there’s a place for traditional radio though. Outdoor internet connections aren’t as stab...
- RebelSansClue said Yeah, but this site has better content!
- Fred Stiening said Kind of like here.
- RebelSansClue said Meh. No big loss. His web site looks about 2004ish. Really amateurish.
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
Monthly Archives: August 2014
Streaming Radio Guide’s roots go back to about 1999 when I started creating FindAnISP.com – much of the “guts” of the web site is still based on that code. When I decided in 2004 to split the gathering of streaming … Continue reading
Part of what I’ve been doing recently is to substantially strengthen the password protection on user accounts. Because I do not store your original password and cannot reverse engineer it, I had to reset all user passwords. What this means … Continue reading
Since you are either brave or foolish enough to have found the new server, I’m in need of someone who understands IPv6 and has native IPv6 connectivity. If you don’t understand what that means without asking Google, I’m not looking … Continue reading
I’m pondering if there is a way to create a voting system as motivation to get people to pull the wagon instead of me. You may be familiar with social sites that work based on group consensus of what is … Continue reading
Here is who has been doing Web Site Verification so far this month: +——–+—————-+ | vcount | username | +——–+—————-+ | 732 | editor | | 402 | CharlotteNC | | 8 | janderson021 | | 7 | WesternMA | … Continue reading
Monica Crowley is still syndicated by the just barely alive Talk Radio Network. Since TRN sued their own national rep firm and distributor Dial Global (now owned by Cumulus), it’s not shocking that Cumulus is shedding every single TRN program … Continue reading
http://www.allaccess.com/power-player/archive/19736/darren-davis Rush, Beck, and Hannity aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. That’s hard to argue with
This is probably only of interest to 2 or three people, and I’m one of the them because I have to be 🙂 There are important legal distinctions at the FCC regarding which radio stations belong to which “Market”. As … Continue reading
High School and college football seasons are about to gear up, and the NFL is right around the corner. For those people who think Soccer is the American sport, there is a pretty definite pattern to when football games are … Continue reading