Popular PostsThe 15 most visited posts in last 60 days:
- iHeart terminates Steve Sommers for talking politics
- Getting Caught Up
- Michael "Savage" Weiner seeks freedom
- The Dubious Media
- GDPR Notice
- Do you see problems?
- June knows heat
- The '80s until now
- The ethics of vaccine testing
- LFPINC and marketing 101
- Coloring the News
- The Decline of the Dickey Empire
- Is all-digital the future of AM radio?
- K&W cafeterias files for bankruptcy
- Public Radio station WAMU turns off website comments
- Fred Stiening said Journeyman radio host Mancow is leaving WLS-AM in Chicago at the end of the month
- Fred Stiening said After I wrote that, one station defaulted to using iHeartRadio for the stream. How Amazon decides which streaming service to use I have no idea. It appears that you can tell Alexa which streaming service you want to use.
- Fred Stiening said The flip side is – what is to prevent a vaccine maker to claim their vaccine is 90% effective if it is a placebo and 80% are not susceptible to infection. The election is over after all. The Trump pandemic is over.
- Fred Stiening said I am blaming that on auto correct 😛 Crosley went on to dabble in the car business.
- Sparkey Johansen said Reporting a single keystroke typo: Powel Crosley Jr., not Crowley. I am refurbishing a Crosley 11-125U for a friend.
- Fred Stiening said One of my complaints about “big radio” is they tend to view on-air hosts as interchangeable. Inga lived and worked in the Central valley. She knew the people and politics of managing water resources, and the reliance on seasonal immigra...
- Fred Stiening said The WLW program director http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2013/11/shocker-darryl-parks-out-at-clear.html
- RebelSansClue said Yes, of course. Whenever I engage with someone, I always find it better and more productive if they’re gagged and can’t respond.
- fhiggins said 12-15 years ago, KERN was one of my “go to” stations. She was young, what a shame.
- Fred Stiening said Inga Barks has died. She was a Conservative radio host in Bakersfield California, in the heart of the Central Valley. She was 53 years old. She was on the phone with a relative (probably her son) saying that she was not feeling well, and had a cou...
- Fred Stiening said https://cases.primeclerk.com/iHeartMedia/ If you want to see what a $20 billion bankruptcy looks like
- Fred Stiening said Roe Conn is out at WGN-AM in Chicago. They bought out his contract until the end of the year, making him completely invisible. Roeconn.com directs you to WGN, so I guess Roe no longer owns his own name
Monthly Archives: August 2014
This might suggest what Clear Channel thinks the Post-Limbaugh era will look like. Today, Clear Channel “flipped” KOY-AM in Phoenix from the useless “Business Talk” to “KFI-2”, the “Next Generation of Talk” [KFI is the Los Angeles station] LA hosts … Continue reading
Those of you considering helping worried about the risk have less to worry about – although in life nothing is 100% certain. As I suggested a couple days ago, the routine to evaluate the risk profile of any arbitrary URL … Continue reading
This is another radio show you probably never heard, but did significantly better in syndication. While they did promote selling food supplements, it isn’t your standard infomercial – as the show was done live and had real callers. http://dukeandthedoctor.com/ Jan … Continue reading
There is a good chance you don’t know who he is. He is (was?) president of Pacific Euro Capital. He was picked up by Radio America when G Gordon Liddy retired, and is also carried on GCN. After 4 years, … Continue reading
People who have been here several years know that I’ve bounced a web server around on long trips, and the server currently is hanging from a cable connection in my home. Back in the “FindAnISP.com” days, I was paying $400 … Continue reading
I threw together a list of the “nnn” most recent web sites that have been verified by volunteers. It looks like this: but by the time you read this, it probably will have more stuff on it – since I’m … Continue reading
Allowing people to modify the database directly requires trust and exposes me and visitors to potential risk. Registering with a throwaway email account in order to discard emails that I try to send you about volunteer actions is inconsistent with … Continue reading
Michael Savage is playing connect the dots again, and has discovered GEO Group, a private for profit company that operates prisons, and now is going to house these immigrants flooding over the border. Savage has preemptively accused people of stealing … Continue reading
Multiple sources agree that Cumulus media has decided to drop ABC News at the top of the hour on their stations at the end of the year. This is significant because Cumulus bought the former ABC radio stations when they … Continue reading