- Parrott said huh, WRVA is ‘entercom’. I didn’t know that. When they played music in the 70’s and 80’s there were WRVA bumper stickers on cars all over Virginia. Now someone i...
- Parrott said Probably not Fred. Bummer. I remember when they tore down WJJJ studio and transmitter in Christiansburg, VA. back in 1995. Sucked. I remember touring the station when I was a kid in 1974 with my...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting. At a quick glance, KMOX and WPHT (ex-WCAU) have been OO CBS as far back as my childhood. WPHT is interesting as it has dropped Rush before. Many suburban stations with Rush cover Philade...
- Fred Stiening said A nuance to that announcement. Most of the heritage CBS AM stations do not carry Rush. When Mel Karmizen was still running Infinity Broadcasting, his stations carried Rush, which continued after the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per today’s announcement, the 900 pound gorilla will be in the room with “a long-term contract extension” on 15 Entercom talk stations across the country. (per https://radioink.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crazy. I just verified that myself the other day. I was looking for any non Cumulus station that plays Plante live. All the Cumulus stations had the “Newts Whirled” pre-roll and it was not...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I just found this list of “Paranormal Radio” and you may enjoy some of the shows listed. https://paranormal.talkstreamlive.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Three cheers for C.C. ! A man ahead of his time- he knew car & roof went together long before Sen Mitt Romney! 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said ZeroHedge is now banned in New Zealand… at least on the Vodaphone ISP. https://twitter.com/kylenz99/status/1107080253573226496/photo/1
- haiti222 said I also was a big time listener to Bruce Williams. I use the things he taught a lot, and have given his advice to others over the years. A real credit to the NJ that he loved and then the FL he adopted...
- foyle said Jim Bohannon played a clip on his show as a tribute to Bruce after his death.It was that exact tale (of how he got his start in radio). I enjoyed hearing Bruce’ voice once again. I can remember...
- Mark said Fred: Your Bruce Williams dialogue is dead-on. He touted success through hard work and learning. Just pursuing your dream without knowledge and a plan was likely to end in failure. I always loved his...
- CC1s121LrBGT said oops- https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-12/facebook-reverses-zero-hedge-ban-says-it-made-mistake
- Fred Stiening said Alphabet is upping its game against the alt-right https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/03/12/alphabet-chrome-extension-toxic-comments/
- Parrott said Thanks CC, I will try her out. I think Lynchburg VA, WIQO /WNMA has Clark Howard on this morning. What the crap is that? Where is Chris Plante ? best parrott
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: September 2014
After looking at about 9000 radio stations, some patterns begin to show up. One of them appears to be the death of Elvis Pressley. Elvis would’ve turned 79 years old this year. The women who used to flock to Graceland … Continue reading
Part of the reason I took the website down was my fear that the United States and European union directly confronting Russia was going to result in massive cyber warfare breaking out onto the Internet. Running the server from my … Continue reading
Up until about a year ago, Arbitron was the 900 pound gorilla in radio ratings – literally. Compiling ratings for radio is extremely expensive and radio owners tend to be “cheap” and try to use Arbitron’s data without paying for … Continue reading
For those volunteers aspiring to become hard core radio data junkies 😉 or highly paid communications law attorneys, it is useful to know the process for a radio station to not be on the air. A few random things to … Continue reading
This is not a huge shock. Independent radio syndication by satellite is dead. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/133707/cross-platform-media-acquires-irn-usa-radio-networ Jeff Weber, President of competitor Business Talk Radio and Lifestyle radio networks gave up last week. IRN/USA has a very minimal cadre of affiliates for its … Continue reading
People are starting to the idea, and that makes me happy 🙂 I added the link for Wyoming Public Radio’s affiliate/translator list, which was most of what got dumped into the “Ignored” pile and I confirmed. As a general rule … Continue reading
http://www.wodiradio.com WODI-AM is located at 1230 kHz in Brookneal, Virginia. (Population 1,112) The licensee is JKC Media Ventures, based in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Last we knew, the station was broadcasting sports. In November, 2013′ the owners asked for the … Continue reading
Nautel LPFM webinar This is sales material for probably the world’s leading manufacturer of high power radio transmitters. It’s pretty amazing technology – if you watch radio stations as much as I have, you realize that most radio stations are … Continue reading
This was obvious from the day IHeartRadio was created, if you were paying attention to Clear Channel’s public statements – and especially if you know a lot about Bob Pittman. Clear Channel is dropping “radio” from its iHeartRadio name, now … Continue reading