- Fred Stiening said A local update on Emmie https://www.ibj.com/articles/after-years-of-pruning-emmis-ready-for-reinvention
- Fred Stiening said So one of ESPN’s hosts named Dan le Batard decided that he was going to defy his bosses at Disney and go into a screed about what a racist President Donald Trump is. Mr. Le batard spent 16 years...
- Fred Stiening said I am not sure of the legalisms here, but I am finding FM translators being promoted on the website of the primary station, when the FCC status shows it’s still a construction permit. For exampl...
- Fred Stiening said The customer who was shot is now well enough to talk to the TV station https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/customer-injured-in-steak-n-shake-shooting-said-employee-killed-was-the-hero/967926745 He was n...
- Fred Stiening said One of his past ventures is called VeggieTales, an animated series of anthropomorphized vegetables who spread the love of Jesus https://www.veggietales.com/
- Fred Stiening said So IHRT is now on sale. NASDAQ allowed them to register for direct trading, rather than launching an IPO. This means the sellers at the moment are the lender who received the stock as part of the bank...
- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: September 2014
After looking at about 9000 radio stations, some patterns begin to show up. One of them appears to be the death of Elvis Pressley. Elvis would’ve turned 79 years old this year. The women who used to flock to Graceland … Continue reading
Part of the reason I took the website down was my fear that the United States and European union directly confronting Russia was going to result in massive cyber warfare breaking out onto the Internet. Running the server from my … Continue reading
Up until about a year ago, Arbitron was the 900 pound gorilla in radio ratings – literally. Compiling ratings for radio is extremely expensive and radio owners tend to be “cheap” and try to use Arbitron’s data without paying for … Continue reading
For those volunteers aspiring to become hard core radio data junkies 😉 or highly paid communications law attorneys, it is useful to know the process for a radio station to not be on the air. A few random things to … Continue reading
This is not a huge shock. Independent radio syndication by satellite is dead. http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/133707/cross-platform-media-acquires-irn-usa-radio-networ Jeff Weber, President of competitor Business Talk Radio and Lifestyle radio networks gave up last week. IRN/USA has a very minimal cadre of affiliates for its … Continue reading
People are starting to the idea, and that makes me happy 🙂 I added the link for Wyoming Public Radio’s affiliate/translator list, which was most of what got dumped into the “Ignored” pile and I confirmed. As a general rule … Continue reading
http://www.wodiradio.com WODI-AM is located at 1230 kHz in Brookneal, Virginia. (Population 1,112) The licensee is JKC Media Ventures, based in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Last we knew, the station was broadcasting sports. In November, 2013′ the owners asked for the … Continue reading
Nautel LPFM webinar This is sales material for probably the world’s leading manufacturer of high power radio transmitters. It’s pretty amazing technology – if you watch radio stations as much as I have, you realize that most radio stations are … Continue reading
This was obvious from the day IHeartRadio was created, if you were paying attention to Clear Channel’s public statements – and especially if you know a lot about Bob Pittman. Clear Channel is dropping “radio” from its iHeartRadio name, now … Continue reading