- Fred Stiening said This may be the end of progressive talk radio https://thehill.com/homenews/media/444232-bill-press-to-end-his-daily-radio-show (The WordPress database was clobbered again, so a few comments were lost)...
- Fred Stiening said Grumpy cat has died https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/business/media/grumpy-cat-dead.html
- Fred Stiening said I can’t wait for my free cheese!
- CC1s121LrBGT said ..but one less father. The father of KFI’s Tim Conway Jr. has passed away. Better known than the son, the son has a good local show: https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured/tim-conway-jr/ “...
- Mark said Alma, with her 900 hats and 40 point victory margins, looks like a winner. You should be well represented.
- Fred Stiening said My taste in trains goes more to complex switching yards, train dispatching, interlockings, and more the business of freight rather than passenger trains. Google News told me about the Big Boy restor...
- Fred Stiening said I MAY have completed my move to Pineville NC. You MAY have heard there was a special election in the 9th Congressional district of NC. Because Republicans have no party discipline, something like 8 pe...
- Mark said I know you have a passion for trains. Recently I rode on the California Zephyr from Osceola, IA to Denver, CO with my 9-year old son. On our return home to Minnesota, I saw that the Curbside Classic w...
- Fred Stiening said When I was living in Flint Township, the voters of Flint decided to vote for Mayor based on skin color, not ability. Even to my somewhat naive street smarts, it was obvious prostitution and drug dea...
- Fred Stiening said I had Disqus on here for a few weeks. It was interesting to see how it works. I was a little concerned because the way icons were handled could in theory confirm the email address of the commenter...
- JayMar said Look at Disqus Conservatively Speaking. Everyone cuts and paste articles from other sources and everyone participates in the discussion. It’s quite entertaining, informative, and it allows for y...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Diversity is an oxymoron: https://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-wjz-bubala-babj-20190506-story.html
- CC1s121LrBGT said The Democrats have not changed their playbook in 100 years. from 1915 to 1960, they flooded the northern cities with poor people, mostly blacks, from the south by offering very generous welfare benefi...
- TheChairman said The problem with Flint is embodied in a single snippet from the DC article: “In November 2017, Mays was sentenced to a week of community service for pawning his city-issued laptop nine times. As...
- TheJerseyDevil said I might, but I like the monthly “general” blog post as a way to post links to stories because it can encourage discussion and commentary on the articles. But the “In the Radio News...
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2014
National Geographic has become very political, and has this article trying to garner support for deportees returned to Mexico. But they accidentally make a good point http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/special-features/2014/11/141121-tijuana-deportees-immigrants-mexico-border/?sf5894219=1 You are not allowed to work in Mexico without documentation identifying you as … Continue reading
Let’s listen to an hour of Classic Country… (Station is actually more like variety country) WZQZ-AM – funeral home – plan ahead – local jewelry store – CBS Network news (turkey,Ferguson,Obama,Shopping,EU/Google — Staple’s, Dick’s sporting Goods, Jarod’s Jewelers 1) she’s … Continue reading
Dr. Daliah does Emergency Medicine in Las Vegas and practices family medicine. She is syndicated by GCN from noon to three PM ET She was talking about accidentally amputating your finger and dealing with the problem of dialing your phone … Continue reading
A while back, I listened to K-Love grabbing the basic concept of each song and looking for the overall theme of the format – so I figured it was time to figure out what Hot Country is about and why … Continue reading
The Mayor of Cleveland Ohio is as black as President Obama The Chief of Police in Cleveland is black The 911 operator is black The 12 year old guy pointing a gun at strangers near a transit station is black … Continue reading
It has been about 6 months since I asked for help specifically to go through the 14,000 or so radio stations to confirm the web site and station format, with the target of doing this check on every station every … Continue reading
Some stations already have started – not a surprise since WalMart moved Black Friday a week ahead of Thanksgiving this year. Each year – like clockwork – radio stations will begin broadcasting “Holiday Music Season” – songs about reindeer, trees, … Continue reading
For several years, I’ve gathered Facebook “like” counts using a published API for this purpose. They provide an interesting comparison of popularity. The counts are updated only when the station is pulled up in the station editor or when someone … Continue reading
Going through the entire list of radio stations, a clear pattern is starting to emerge. Have a radio station that has no potential of ever even paying the bills? Maybe you allowed dumping of toxic waste on the land back … Continue reading
http://www.radioworld.com/article/clear-channel-satellite-services-to-close/273349 Radio World is the industry trade publication for radio, mostly read by radio engineers and station owners and managers. They report that Clear Channel is shutting down satellite distribution services to third parties (probably with the longer term objective … Continue reading