- Parrott said huh, WRVA is ‘entercom’. I didn’t know that. When they played music in the 70’s and 80’s there were WRVA bumper stickers on cars all over Virginia. Now someone i...
- Parrott said Probably not Fred. Bummer. I remember when they tore down WJJJ studio and transmitter in Christiansburg, VA. back in 1995. Sucked. I remember touring the station when I was a kid in 1974 with my...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Interesting. At a quick glance, KMOX and WPHT (ex-WCAU) have been OO CBS as far back as my childhood. WPHT is interesting as it has dropped Rush before. Many suburban stations with Rush cover Philade...
- Fred Stiening said A nuance to that announcement. Most of the heritage CBS AM stations do not carry Rush. When Mel Karmizen was still running Infinity Broadcasting, his stations carried Rush, which continued after the...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Per today’s announcement, the 900 pound gorilla will be in the room with “a long-term contract extension” on 15 Entercom talk stations across the country. (per https://radioink.com/...
- CC1s121LrBGT said Crazy. I just verified that myself the other day. I was looking for any non Cumulus station that plays Plante live. All the Cumulus stations had the “Newts Whirled” pre-roll and it was not...
- CC1s121LrBGT said I just found this list of “Paranormal Radio” and you may enjoy some of the shows listed. https://paranormal.talkstreamlive.com/
- CC1s121LrBGT said Three cheers for C.C. ! A man ahead of his time- he knew car & roof went together long before Sen Mitt Romney! 😉
- CC1s121LrBGT said ZeroHedge is now banned in New Zealand… at least on the Vodaphone ISP. https://twitter.com/kylenz99/status/1107080253573226496/photo/1
- haiti222 said I also was a big time listener to Bruce Williams. I use the things he taught a lot, and have given his advice to others over the years. A real credit to the NJ that he loved and then the FL he adopted...
- foyle said Jim Bohannon played a clip on his show as a tribute to Bruce after his death.It was that exact tale (of how he got his start in radio). I enjoyed hearing Bruce’ voice once again. I can remember...
- Mark said Fred: Your Bruce Williams dialogue is dead-on. He touted success through hard work and learning. Just pursuing your dream without knowledge and a plan was likely to end in failure. I always loved his...
- CC1s121LrBGT said oops- https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-12/facebook-reverses-zero-hedge-ban-says-it-made-mistake
- Fred Stiening said Alphabet is upping its game against the alt-right https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/03/12/alphabet-chrome-extension-toxic-comments/
- Parrott said Thanks CC, I will try her out. I think Lynchburg VA, WIQO /WNMA has Clark Howard on this morning. What the crap is that? Where is Chris Plante ? best parrott
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- IHeart/Clear Channel bankruptcy gets final signoff
- State of the Union
- The Nordic Gender Paradox
- Inside Public Radio
- More money for bike trails
- Bird Box Challenge
- New Year brings New Changes
- California high speed rail update
- Tom Taylor to retire at 70
- This may be final post
- Health update
- Weekly Standard to fold?
- More year-end syndication changes
- NBC Sports radio to end most daytime syndication
- Miami Herald unloads on Jeffrey Epstein
- Censoring critics of censorship
- Laura Ingraham and Medved leaving talk radio
- Who are the fascists?
- Old Charlotte
- The reality of racial fear
- The bombs were fake
- Santa Trump is coming to town
- 1st amendment and commercial speech
- Free Investment Advice
- Migrant caravan turned back by riot police at Mexican border!
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2014
National Geographic has become very political, and has this article trying to garner support for deportees returned to Mexico. But they accidentally make a good point http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/special-features/2014/11/141121-tijuana-deportees-immigrants-mexico-border/?sf5894219=1 You are not allowed to work in Mexico without documentation identifying you as … Continue reading
Let’s listen to an hour of Classic Country… (Station is actually more like variety country) WZQZ-AM – funeral home – plan ahead – local jewelry store – CBS Network news (turkey,Ferguson,Obama,Shopping,EU/Google — Staple’s, Dick’s sporting Goods, Jarod’s Jewelers 1) she’s … Continue reading
Dr. Daliah does Emergency Medicine in Las Vegas and practices family medicine. She is syndicated by GCN from noon to three PM ET She was talking about accidentally amputating your finger and dealing with the problem of dialing your phone … Continue reading
A while back, I listened to K-Love grabbing the basic concept of each song and looking for the overall theme of the format – so I figured it was time to figure out what Hot Country is about and why … Continue reading
The Mayor of Cleveland Ohio is as black as President Obama The Chief of Police in Cleveland is black The 911 operator is black The 12 year old guy pointing a gun at strangers near a transit station is black … Continue reading
It has been about 6 months since I asked for help specifically to go through the 14,000 or so radio stations to confirm the web site and station format, with the target of doing this check on every station every … Continue reading
Some stations already have started – not a surprise since WalMart moved Black Friday a week ahead of Thanksgiving this year. Each year – like clockwork – radio stations will begin broadcasting “Holiday Music Season” – songs about reindeer, trees, … Continue reading
For several years, I’ve gathered Facebook “like” counts using a published API for this purpose. They provide an interesting comparison of popularity. The counts are updated only when the station is pulled up in the station editor or when someone … Continue reading
Going through the entire list of radio stations, a clear pattern is starting to emerge. Have a radio station that has no potential of ever even paying the bills? Maybe you allowed dumping of toxic waste on the land back … Continue reading
http://www.radioworld.com/article/clear-channel-satellite-services-to-close/273349 Radio World is the industry trade publication for radio, mostly read by radio engineers and station owners and managers. They report that Clear Channel is shutting down satellite distribution services to third parties (probably with the longer term objective … Continue reading