- Fred Stiening said A local update on Emmie https://www.ibj.com/articles/after-years-of-pruning-emmis-ready-for-reinvention
- Fred Stiening said So one of ESPN’s hosts named Dan le Batard decided that he was going to defy his bosses at Disney and go into a screed about what a racist President Donald Trump is. Mr. Le batard spent 16 years...
- Fred Stiening said I am not sure of the legalisms here, but I am finding FM translators being promoted on the website of the primary station, when the FCC status shows it’s still a construction permit. For exampl...
- Fred Stiening said The customer who was shot is now well enough to talk to the TV station https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/customer-injured-in-steak-n-shake-shooting-said-employee-killed-was-the-hero/967926745 He was n...
- Fred Stiening said One of his past ventures is called VeggieTales, an animated series of anthropomorphized vegetables who spread the love of Jesus https://www.veggietales.com/
- Fred Stiening said So IHRT is now on sale. NASDAQ allowed them to register for direct trading, rather than launching an IPO. This means the sellers at the moment are the lender who received the stock as part of the bank...
- Fred Stiening said Washington Times Wesley Pruden has died https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/17/wes-pruden-washington-times-editor-and-columnist-d/ So has former supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens. The...
- Fred Stiening said Poll flashback on wafel https://streamingradioguide.com/show-poll.php?pollnum=1262
- CC1s121LrBGT said I have actually listened to WAPS off and on for about 15 years. It is very professionally run, better than most NPR stations. It has music I like and no commercials. I dropped it from my favorites li...
- Fred Stiening said Thursday is the 50th anniversary of Ted Kennedy’s stupidity costing him any chances of becoming president some day https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2019/07/10/50-years-chappaq...
- Fred Stiening said Given that my list is 20 years old oh, I thought it might be a good idea to update the market sizes. I went to the official Nielsen list, and realize there’s a major piece of deception going on....
- Fred Stiening said In case you were wondering, the arch is made from elk antlers
- Fred Stiening said The latest homicides involve three men with Hispanic names found shot in an apartment complex, two of whom were dead when police arrived. This part of Charlotte is the part where the working class wh...
- Fred Stiening said Seriously, why does a high school need a radio station with a $1.6 million dollar budget? https://www.ohio.com/news/20190715/akron-schools-public-radio-station-could-be-model-for-columbus-operations-s...
- Fred Stiening said The backstory https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/january/moody-bible-president-paul-nyquist-resigns-julie-roys-fired.html
- EMF has a new leader
- Searching for McGouda
- Iconic heritage AM station fades away
- Amazon Prime Day
- Live from Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- Revision to metro areas
- Buh-buy Mapleton
- Station Search – new and improved
- The month for grilling
- Cox sells its radio division to early SiriusXM investor
- You are worth $67 per year to radio
- The FX explosion
- No mas! ESPN Deportes closing
- How to make a small fortune in radio…
- The death of America’s rural radio, according to the Guardian(.UK)
- Breaking up is hard to do
- June knows heat
- ¿Hablas Cumulus?
- Mother, MAY I?
- The Problem with Flint, Michigan
- In the radio news…
- Sri Lanka
- The Changing Radio Audience
- Rap – the new “Country” music
- Would you buy stock in a “new” iHeartRadio?
- The end of WBT-AM
- Creeping censorship
- Bruce Williams has died
- The Green Great Leap Forward
- Entercom, the 900 pound gorilla
- System rollback
- Cumulus bails on New York City
- How Doc Thompson was killed by a quiet zone
- Google neutrality?
- The New Edge
- About the Guide►
- Contemporary Christian Music
- FM Translators
- Global Instability►
- Collapse of America►
- American Journalism
- American Politics►
- Fascism comes to America
- Newspaper decline
- Police State America
- the Invasion
- US Economic Recovery
- Collapse of the EU►
- Energy Supply
- Fear of Nature
- Free Trade
- Internet Insecurity
- Trump 2017►
- War and not War►
- Police State America
- Radio Biz►
- America Loves Sports!
- Deceptive Advertising
- Local Radio Events
- Low Power FM
- Music Radio
- Player Metrics
- Public Radio
- Radio News
- Radio Owners►
- Station Sales / Transfers
- Streaming Royalties
- Talk Radio►
- The FCC►
- The Music of Radio
- Unique Stations
- Totally random stuff►
Monthly Archives: November 2014
National Geographic has become very political, and has this article trying to garner support for deportees returned to Mexico. But they accidentally make a good point http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/special-features/2014/11/141121-tijuana-deportees-immigrants-mexico-border/?sf5894219=1 You are not allowed to work in Mexico without documentation identifying you as … Continue reading
Let’s listen to an hour of Classic Country… (Station is actually more like variety country) WZQZ-AM – funeral home – plan ahead – local jewelry store – CBS Network news (turkey,Ferguson,Obama,Shopping,EU/Google — Staple’s, Dick’s sporting Goods, Jarod’s Jewelers 1) she’s … Continue reading
Dr. Daliah does Emergency Medicine in Las Vegas and practices family medicine. She is syndicated by GCN from noon to three PM ET She was talking about accidentally amputating your finger and dealing with the problem of dialing your phone … Continue reading
A while back, I listened to K-Love grabbing the basic concept of each song and looking for the overall theme of the format – so I figured it was time to figure out what Hot Country is about and why … Continue reading
The Mayor of Cleveland Ohio is as black as President Obama The Chief of Police in Cleveland is black The 911 operator is black The 12 year old guy pointing a gun at strangers near a transit station is black … Continue reading
It has been about 6 months since I asked for help specifically to go through the 14,000 or so radio stations to confirm the web site and station format, with the target of doing this check on every station every … Continue reading
Some stations already have started – not a surprise since WalMart moved Black Friday a week ahead of Thanksgiving this year. Each year – like clockwork – radio stations will begin broadcasting “Holiday Music Season” – songs about reindeer, trees, … Continue reading
For several years, I’ve gathered Facebook “like” counts using a published API for this purpose. They provide an interesting comparison of popularity. The counts are updated only when the station is pulled up in the station editor or when someone … Continue reading
Going through the entire list of radio stations, a clear pattern is starting to emerge. Have a radio station that has no potential of ever even paying the bills? Maybe you allowed dumping of toxic waste on the land back … Continue reading
http://www.radioworld.com/article/clear-channel-satellite-services-to-close/273349 Radio World is the industry trade publication for radio, mostly read by radio engineers and station owners and managers. They report that Clear Channel is shutting down satellite distribution services to third parties (probably with the longer term objective … Continue reading